♞ Claiming His Filly ♞( Compl...

By BombcheleBooks

♞Hutch Brother's Book 1♞ Harley Hutch has waited years to claim his Filly. He was 7 years older than her bu... More

♞ Claiming His Filly ♞
♞ Chapter 1 ♞
♞ Chapter 2
♞ Chapter 3 ♞
♞ Chapter 4 ♞
♞ Chapter 5 ♞
♞ Chapter 6 ♞
♞ Chapter 7 ♞
♞ Chapter 8 & 9 ♞
♞ Chapter 10 ♞
♞ Chapter 11 ♞
♞ Chapter 13 ♞
♞ Chapter 14 ♞
♞Chapter 15 ♞
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19-Final

♞ Chapter 12 ♞

21.8K 340 28
By BombcheleBooks

Chapter 12

                Myley stayed in her room the next few days, depression setting in as she couldn't help outside and Harley was busy between working on the ranch and the few men that have showed up looking for ranch work. 
The TV played as she lay across the bed in cutoffs and a white tank top.  the blankets having long been kicked off the bed, sheets tangled. Her long hair was unbound and fanned across the bed as she realized summer had hit full force, the fan whirred above her. Her skin glistened with the moisture that covered her from the heat. She twisted her bent knee as her thoughts went to Harley. his handsome face smiling at her, as he held her hand when they walked through the place they were to make their home. the way he pulled her close, his eyes sparkling with his blinding smile, just made her feel like she was on cloud nine.  She never dreamed she could be this happy, her chest felt so heavy it was like she couldn't take a breath.

The door popped open in that moment and she turned her head to see a very sexy Harley standing. his hands carelessly shoved in his pants pockets, legs crossed as he leaned against the doorjamb looking at her.  Looking up into his eyes, she was surprised lightning didn't strike in the room with the electricity she felt crawling through her. "you are killing me." He said with heat in his eyes and a small smile on his lips. Myley bit her lip and smiled.  his eyes slipping down to follow the motion. His smile slipping, when noticing where his eyes lingered, she slowly licked her bottom lip, hoping it teased him.
It must have worked because he dropped his head as he spoke, "I need you to come down and meet these new guys that are here. I need to see how they act with you."
Myley giggled and as he looked up his face-hardened into harsh lines as he fought his emotions. Myley slowly rose of the bed and walked over to him with unhurried steps. When she reached him, she laid a hand on his chest as she looked up into his face with her smile still in place. "Harley are you really that worried?" He snorted and shook his head, "Baby you have no clue. I only walked into the room to talk to you and it's all I can do not to put your sexy little ass back in that bed." His voice dropped deeper at the last part.
Myley had gone on tiptoes brushing her lips across his at his confession. "Love you," she whispered as she kissed him, Harley gripping her hair, pulled her against his mouth harder. His free hand going to her hip as he pulled her closer "Love you more, filly." he whispered into her lips.
Pulling back, he pressed his forehead to hers. "Come on let's get this done." She nodded and followed as he laced his fingers with hers, pulling her behind him.

When he stepped off the bottom porch step, with Myley slightly behind him, he knew one of them would have to go. "Put them eyeballs back in your head." He popped off at one of the younger men that was eyeballing her too hard for Harley's liking. 
.......dropped her head waiting. 

"This boys, is my little Filly, Myley. We will be married soon and I need to know I can trust you around my wife.  I will just be blunt and honest about it, and that too, you better get use too. I am not always a nice man, I expect things to be done right, everyone makes mistakes but some mistakes we can't afford to happen on a horse ranch. I will not make the mistake of employing some wet behind the ears cow polk that has it in his mind to chase after my wife. That will get you hurt real quick, just so you know." All the men dropped their heads, eyes on the ground.  All but the one dumbass that was already out the door he still stood with a goofy grin as he looked at Myley. Harley shook his head, "Boy I suggest you get your tail in your truck and hightail it now, before I lose my temper and drop them eyes for you." The man snapped out of it and dropping his head made his way to his truck.
Myley buried her face in Harley's back and giggled. Harley reached back and slapped the side of her ass. "Hush woman." He said trying to hide his own smile at that point.

Stepping to the side, he pulled Myley in front of him wrapping his arms loosely around her waist. "Now, Myley this here is Travis and Lee. I think both these boys are worth a try on the ranch. I am going to be starting with them tomorrow. We are going to go ahead and go to the ranch and start repairing the barn. I got the go head from Kale this morning before they showed up."

Each man stepped forward and shook Myley's hand, the oldest of the two looked to be close to Harley's age, Lee, smiled at Harley as he nodded his head to Myley, "I just like to say ma'am that as long as Boss man here allows me to be around, no one will treat you out of the way. My momma raised me to respect and protect women, you don't go messing with another man's wife and as long as I am part of this outfit, I will treat you as family."

Myley smiled and nodded, "Thank youso much, Lee." She pressed back into Harley as they stood talking a little more, Lee politely inquired about her arm. So, the story was told, how she had gotten hurt and how Harley was even more on alert because of these things.

When Myley entered the kitchen, after Harley and the men had left, Momma B. was waiting for Myley. "I have a friend that is looking for work honey, I was wondering if Harley is going to allow you someone to help you over there with the cooking and cleaning?" Myley sat down in the chair with a sigh. "I don't know momma I guess I just assumed I would do it alone."
She shook her head, "Oh no missy, you still have a few weeks left with that shoulder in the sling. What about when you two decide to have babies, you can't be doing it all alone and I can't be there as much as I would love to. I will talk to Luke tonight. I want you to let my friend help out here.  I can come over during the day for now and help you get the house ready. They can deal with it that long, then we will talk to Harley about the switch." Myley nodded knowing arguing was pointless.

That night the men filed in as Myley and Mrs. B set the ham, potatoes, green beans and biscuits on the table. The volume rose with the appreciative comments once they saw the hot steaming rolls and butter. Myley sat beside Harley who reached under the table and held one of her hands once he got his plate full. Eating with one hand, he talked with his family as they all ate.
Beth had sat down beside Luke and she paused in eating as she looked over at Myley with a wink. "Luke, I want to bring in some help for the next week or so." Luke stopped eating and looked up worried, "What's the matter B.?" She shook her head, "Nothing is wrong, my little girl has a lot of work to do. Harley and the boys will be busy between our ranch and theirs, she needs help getting the place set up the way she wants it. Kale and his wife are moving  tomorrow Luke and you know our girl, she is gonna be over there scrubbing floors as soon as she is free to do so." Myley dropped her head to hide her smile, as that had been her first thought.
Harley stopped eating as well, "Well now Momma B. we can't expect to take you away from the house all the time. Pop have our hide." The "Damn right" came out as soon as Harley finished his sentence and Myley giggled again when Beth cut him a look. "Now listen here Luke, I have taken care of this family since they were all practically babies. I haven't  asked to move over there with her. Harley and Myley can hire on Liz after we get set up if they want. I just want to be there to help her get set up, are you trying to tell me I can't?" Luke dropped his head under the feeble pretext of eating not hiding, "No, I didn't say any such a thing." He mumbled and Beth smiled. "Thought not. So it's settled, I will help her get set up and we will go from there." Luke nodded, Beth winked at Myley again, as they both smiled. Harley shook his head as the boys laughed at the exchange.

    The next day Harley rode over with Momma B. and Myley, Kyle was driving the truck full of cleaning supplies.

Harley stopped myley at the front porch steps. "You be careful, you still supposed to be taking it easy, remember." Myley smiled and nodded as she lifted up to kiss his chin. "I know but I want to get the house ready so we can use it." Harley nodded, "I know but no heavy work, I mean it." He looked at her with a stern glare she simply smiled and kissed his chin once more. before totally ignoring
him.
they both knew it.

The two women had placed orders from the furniture place in town. the new bed was set up, the new couch and chairs sat in the living room. Myley and Beth hadn't told Harley that Luke had set up a bank account with money for anything she wanted to change in the new house. She had picked out a new front door for the beautiful house and they had already installed it, while Harley was out working.

Myley couldn't mop but she could at least make the water for her mother, wash every surface in the kitchen and living room. She washed the windows after that, while Beth mopped the stairs and upstairs floors. With that done, Myley followed her mother upstairs to scrub the bathroom.  Beth helped her put the new cotton soft sheets on the new bed. Myley had ordered a comforter set covered in horses to match the engraved headboard. Beth kicked up a fuss at Myley a few times to slow down, she was going to tire herself. Myley wanted the place clean and ready, so she carried on. images of her and Harley making this their own home danced inside her head. She couldn't wait.

Harley wondered if his bank account was empty when he walked up to the house but he had to admit the changes were beautiful. The engraved bear beneath the glass of the front door, the new rug and furniture in front of the fireplace, in one day they had the floors washed and the house almost fully furnished. Harley smiled, his filly was excited about their new home. he was going to tell her tonight that he wanted to marry her and move in, all this weekend.
Moving fast?
Hell yea he was.
he had waited years for this and he was done waiting to make her his wife.

"Momma B., Myley." He shouted and looked up the see two very dirty faces pop over the log rail of the upstairs. "Come on let's go home. I know you two have over done it today." He smiled up at the two tired faces, Myley nodded and they went through cutting out lights as they made their way down. "I love the changes by the way, the place is beautiful." Myley and Beth beamed, "Did you kill our bank account, little Filly ?"
Myley snuck a look at Beth.
"No, I didn't touch our account."
She mumbled.
Harley gave her a puzzled look but let it go for now.

When they were back home and all set down for dinner. making a place for Liz at the dinner table that night, she seemed to fit in well. "So how did everything go today ladies?" Luke asked as Myley smiled and all they had done burst out. "They came and put up the new door, oh you should see it, and it's so beautiful. They delivered the black suede couch and chair along with the rugs, the table for in front of the window that is in the living room.  They brought and set up the new bed for us, Harley hasn't seen that yet." She laughed as she looked his way, seeing his drawn expression she stopped and dropped her head knowing what was coming. "Filly you never did explain how you bought all those things but yet say you didn't touch our back account. You have a card to use, so explain this to me." Myley looked at Luke through her lashes , her cheeks turning pink.

"Boy, leave that girl alone. now.
I set up a bank account for her to use, if you must know. I only have one little girl and I wanted to spoil her, by giving her the money to buy whatever her heart desired for her home. She has done well too because she hasn't used half of what I put in there." Harley eyes grew big, "Pop how much did you give her, the changes she has made had to be expensive." Luke scowled this time and his voice let Harley know he was finished with the conversation. "Never you mind, what I gave her, it was my money. my right to give it to her. You got enough on your plate with the rest of the ranch and it is gonna cost enough to fix that. I told you, I would help with some of the repairs since it will benefit us all, now this is between me and Myley."
Harley shook his head but nodded, "Ok Pop. I'm sorry. I just don't want you to feel like you have to help us this much."
Luke laughed, "If it was just you boy, I wouldn't but like I said, I only got one little girl and it's my God given right to spoil her." Harley nodded and the subject was dropped.
Everyone expressed their appreciation for the food Liz had worked hard on, as they cleaned their plates and went for seconds.

"Liz are you looking to do this on a regular bases? I sure would like to have someone to help Myley out around the house until that shoulder is better?" Liz looked at them and smiled, "I actually wouldn't mind it, although I wouldn't want to live in, as Mrs. B has. I would rather go to my own home at night, unless you needed me to stay." Harley nodded as he looked at Myley who smiled and shrugged. "Well I think momma B is going to help us out for this week at least but if after that you want to switch places, we would love to have you. I think Myley wants to spend most night here for supper. We would just need you for the cooking , to help Myley with housework until she can do it herself." Liz nodded "Sounds fine to me, I think we will get along fine." He smiled as he turned back to his dinner with a wink to Myley. 

That night as they went upstairs Harley filled the bathtub for Myley and made her soak while he showered.  When the days work had caught up with her, she was having trouble staying awake. Harley's voice made her jump as he came back into the bathroom. "I knew you overdid it today. Tomorrow you are on light duty or I pull your butt out of there and lock you in this room."

Myley nodded as she rose from the tub, harley taking control and drying her.

He settled in beside her after his last smoke and pulling her to him he took her hand in his playing with her fingers. "Have you looked at wedding dresses yet?"
Myley sleeply nodded, "I have one all picked out in town, I just need to go in to make sure it fits." Harley smiled.
"Have Kevin take you and your momma to town tomorrow and have it done. I know there is more you want to buy for the house." He got not response, he looked down to see her long eyelashes resting on her soft cheeks, her breath evened out as she slept.
With a new smile, Harley slipped the horseshoe ring on her engagement finger. he had snuck into town and bought it the day before. He wanted it to double as an engagement ring / wedding band.
He had bought his own, a simple silver band with horses and horseshoes engraved around the band. He wished he could be here in the morning when she woke and noticed it on her finger but he would be up and gone.  he planned to let her sleep. With a kiss to her finger he placed it on his chest and curled closer to Myley finding sleep himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Overcome By Quinn

Teen Fiction

11.7K 536 47
Gina Ortz has as suffered from a terrible riding accident, making her shut out on everyone. One of her enemies becomes her closest friend to help her...
91.6K 3.4K 34
Kate a 17 year old city girl who's lived with her uncle ever since her mother's death, is suddenly moved to back Wyoming to live with her dad and ste...
1.5K 94 25
Nicole was raised in a big city a but when her mom loses her job and is forced to live with her uncle. Who owns a horse breeding ranch. Will she be a...
1.5K 28 26
"You know I really like you Emily, i'd be a fool if I ever lost a girl like you. I see us staying together for a while." he looks into my eyes. I bel...