Pandora's Box

By verianna

Veria Manzell was beaten, cast out, and abused every day of her life after her father died. She and her mothe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Prologue

226 4 0
By verianna

The lake glittered with a brilliant light as the moon eclipsed the sun. The rays slightly blinding the people looking upon it. This was a rare day in my village, a day that, according to my father, only happened twice a millennium. This wonderous day was named Shramt, or our blessed day of rapture. After the mentioned eclipse, we are blessed with 6 days of light followed by a dreadful month of pure darkness. Shramt lasts the first twelve days of the event (six days of light, six days of dark), and all the warriors from the land visit our village and are shipped off to the Other World to fight all the demons and monsters who dared to defy the Gods. The people adored the Gods and would blindly follow the village leader, said to be a direct descendant from the heavens. Everyone had blind faith, well everyone except me that is. I just could not bear to follow those monsters who took away my family. maybe they were mad at me for not praying every night or blessing my food, but they had no right to destroy everything important to me. The people may want forgiveness, but I want one simple thing: Revenge, and Shramt was just how I was going to do it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 119 21
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Diana grew up as any typical teenager would in upstate New York. She was her mother's pride and joy with plans to change th...
22.1K 255 20
Cora. She's a misunderstood princess of Narnia. She's sucked along with all the parades and balls. Her entire life planned out before her. She isn't...
546 97 42
The day of her birth she was given away . Her royal lineage hidden from , her power hidden from her and her fate hidden from her . After finding out...
203K 7K 38
Vinni is in trouble. Not just because she's failing maths or playing second fiddle to a perfect younger sister or pretending not to miss her absent f...