Falling in Love with a Ghost

Por darksolace

Kylie Livingston is your average, teenage girl. She has a past with ghosts so she can feel them or see them... Más

Falling in Love with a Ghost:Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 22

1.6K 77 15
Por darksolace

Kylie's POV

I was walking with Mark on the seashore. We were walking side by side. He was holding my hand firmly, swinging it back and forth. And I noticed something.

It doesn't feel right. I was expecting some sparks to ignite, but there was nothing. I didn't feel giddy like I'd expected to feel. I just feel nothing.

Nothing until my eyes met those alluring, grey eyes. "Those eyes are familiar," I thought. Just by looking at those eyes made those butterflies inside me go wild. Just by looking at those eyes made me forget about the person I'm with. But then, there was a blinding light behind him causing me to not see his face.

I woke up with the sunlight hitting me directly in the eyes like laser beam. I groaned then snuggled deeper into my pillow.

No wonder there was a blinding light in my dream. Who the hell opened my blinds anyway? I will kill that person 'cause I didn't get to see the owner of those eyes in my dream.

"Wakey-wakey~ Little sister~" someone said in a singsong voice.

Oh, so it's him. I'll just go back to sleep and hope that my dream will continue.

"Shut up, Jake." I threw a glare in his direction then put my pillow above my head. Today is Saturday, so that means more sleep!

"If you don't get up now, I will kick you off the bed." He threatened. I almost rolled my eyes at him.

Yeah, right. He wouldn't dare.

I gave him no response. It was quiet for a moment, and before I knew it, I was on the floor, groaning in pain.

"You jerk!" I shrieked, pointing an accusing finger at him while rubbing my throbbing nose.

His eyebrows rose up in amusement. "Oh, you think I was joking?" He asked innocently.

I glared daggers at him. "I've judged you wrong."

"You don't know me well enough then." He smirked. All I wanted to do right then is rip his mouth off his face then flush it in the toilet.

"What do you want, Jake?" I asked irritatedly.

He was silent for a while before answering sheepishly, "Nothing. Just wanted to annoy you early in the morning."

I gaped at him like a fish. Then, the volcano erupted.

"WHAT??!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "You kicked me off the bed just to annoy me?! Don't you know that I was about to meet the love of my life in my dream?!"

"I-I..uh.." He stuttered. When the last question registered in his eyes, he clamped a hand on his mouth.

"Pfft. The love of your life?" He snickered.

"I didn't get to see his face nor meet him because of your," I air quoted, "'just wanted to annoy me early in the morning' thing."

"Well, you probably wouldn't meet him in the real life anyways. Plus, you said you didn't see his face. For all we know, he might be your worst enemy." He just shrugged like it was not a big deal.

Yeah, I know it's not a big deal to you people, but to me, it is. It might be some clue what my "the one" looks like. It might be a sign that I'm going to meet him soon.

But Jake's right. It might also be my enemy. Maybe it's some warning.

I just looked at him after I was done with debating with myself. I then glared at him for winning this argument.

"But then for all we know, he might be 'the love of your life', right?" He grinned. I then smiled brightly at him. I was about to speak when someone spoke.

"Who's the love of her life?" Kris asked who was sat on my bed with his legs crossed. He had his eyebrows raised indicating his curiosity.

"I don't know, but she said he's from her dream." Jake stated.

Kris raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah, really." I held my head high.

"She said she didn't even see his face." Jake laughed.

Haha. Funny, Jake. Note the sarcasm.

"How do you even know he's the love of your life?" Kris asked in amusement.

"You guys don't have to know how I knew." I said, standing up and going to the bathroom. The two mongrels were still laughing when I turned around to lock the door.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a moment. Everything that had happened yesterday hit me like a truck. I found out that Crystal was just using me, so I punched her then I was led to an alley by Josh and almost got killed and raped, but was saved by a human Kris.

And also, I found out that Mark's gay which he didn't even bother to correct then suddenly, I found myself stopping both of the guys from ripping each other's head off.

I sighed. So many things had happened in just one day! I still remember the smell of alcohol and the way their eyes raked my body.

I involuntarily shuddered in fear and disgust. Then, something hit me again. I remembered the way I held Kris' hand, seeking for warmth and comfort which he gave me when he caressed my cheek and smiled at me softly.

I felt my face heating up. I touched my cheeks, and there's no mistake that I'm going to blow from the embarrassment.

Why did I even do that? And Kris being that affectionate was the last thing that I expected. It didn't even crossed my mind that he's going to be like that! Was that even him?

Something wrong is happening to him. He's not the Kris I know. The Kris I know is a bully, not a caring person. But then, Mark said that as long as he's here, chivalry is still alive. Nope, I don't believe that. He's a gentleman to all the girls excluding me. Therefore, I conclude that something is wrong with him.

My head was starting to ache because of all the thinking. I went to take a relaxing, hot bath. After I was done, I wrapped a towel around my body then went to open the door.

The view before me startled me. Kris was the only one left in my room. And now he's standing right in front of me. He sighed in relief when he saw me. I noticed that his hair was messy, but that just made him more handsome (>_<).

Oh, I think I forgot to tell you the clothes he's wearing from the beginning until now. Since he's a ghost, his clothes doesn't change, and I suppose you guys already know that.

He's wearing a grey hoodie, a blue V-neck shirt beneath it, faded jeans and a pair of sneakers. I wonder where he went before he died.

He was about to speak when he glanced down at.....my body with only a towel wrapped around me. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt all my blood rush into my head.

"GET OUT!!! YOU PERVERT!!" I shouted while hitting him with a pencil that I found on the table beside me.

"Ow! Ah! Stop it! Fine! Fine! Geez!" Then, he disappeared into thin air.

I was breathing heavily and blushing like there's no tomorrow.

I can never forget this!

I hastily picked some clothes which consisted of undergarments, sweatshirt, and sweatpants. Well, I'm not going anywhere, so I don't have to dress up.

I went out of the room and heard some voices that do not belong to the guys. When I arrived at the living room, I saw two of my friends I didn't expect to be here.

"Kylie!"

"Kyles!

Both of them jumped at me. I don't have big muscles like the guys to carry both of them, so we fell.

"We miss you!" Maria sniffled.

"Are you okay? We heard what happened to you yesterday." Rachelle said with a concerned look. And I didn't need to ask who told them because I already knew who it was.

Jake.

"I'm okay. Just a little spooked about what happened." I faked a smile while standing up. They both stood up, too.

They had a knowing look that told me they knew I'm not that okay, but they didn't push it. They just nodded in understanding.

I looked at the guys who were just standing there awkwardly. Jake smiled at me when he saw me looking. My eyes then landed on a pair of grey eyes that stare back at me.

Then, I realized something. Those were the exact pair of eyes I saw in my dream. My eyes widened at this.

It can't be! It can't be him! Maybe Jake's right. He's my enemy. But Kris is not an enemy. He's a friend, but not the love of my life. Maybe they just have the same eyes. Maybe they're different persons. That's right! Maybe he's Kris' brother? That's why they have the same eyes?

I snapped back to reality when someone cleared their throat. Rachelle was looking between me and Kris with her eyebrow raised.

Maria had this knowing look on her face. I blushed when I realized I've been staring at Kris when I was in my own little world. Kris just smirked at me.

And what's worse is Rachelle has a crush on Kris. She must've been thinking that I like him since I'm staring at him. I glanced at her and saw her frowning at me.

This is bad. It's not what you think it is!

"Kylie," Rachelle called. "We need to talk."

Oh, I'm in big trouble.

I was now sat on my bed, fiddling with my fingers. I slowly looked up at the two in front of me.

"Spill." Rachelle ordered. She's like a mother who wants to know who their child's crush is.

"Spill what?" I asked, not knowing what she's talking about.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Do you like him?"

I shook my head vigorously. She furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't like him anymore, Kylie."

She smiled at me. "It was just a short-term crush. But I like him as a friend. You can tell us, Kylie."

"Yeah, I like him. But not like 'like' him." I said. But it feels like I don't really mean that.

Maria rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. You were like a damsel in distress who saw her knight in shining armor earlier."

"I'm not!" I defended.

"Oh, yeah?" Both of them asked.

"Yeah! I was thinking of something else! I was not staring at him intentionally!" I brought my hands up in the air in frustration.

"Okay, if you say so." Rachelle said unconvincedly.

"No need to be so defensive." Maria said teasingly. She even wiggled her eyebrows.

"Just be careful, Kylie." Rachelle sat beside me.

"Be careful of what?" I asked, frowning at her.

She shrugged then smiled. "I hope you realize it soon."

I opened my mouth to ask what she was talking about, but Maria interrupted.

"Okay, that's enough discussion. Get ready, Kylie. We're going shopping."

"Shopping?" I asked incredulously. I don't want to go shopping with these two. Even though Rachelle is kinda boyish, she really likes to shop for things like black T-shirt, pants, shoes, etc.

"Yeah, shopping." They both grinned evilly. I gulped nervously.

After 20 minutes, I'm done. Yeah, it took them 20 minutes to get me to dress up. Now, I'm wearing a black tank top with a red blazer on top of it. They also forced me to wear black leggings, and flat shoes. If I were to choose, I would wear just a T-shirt and pants.

I brought my hair up in a messy bun then went to the living room. I didn't bother to look at myself in the mirror. I know that whatever I wear, I look stupid. Kidding! Haha.

Maria wore a floral sundress with a pair of high heels. She looked gorgeous in it. Rachelle wore a black turtleneck, ripped jeans and dark blue Converse.

What I didn't expect is my brother to go with us. He was in a green T-shirt, khaki shorts and a pair of Nike shoes.

"Why are you going with us? This date is among us girls." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well, I don't want anything bad to happen to you ladies." Jake said, looking at me dead in the eye. It's like he's telling me, "No buts, Kylie."

"Okay." I squeaked, sensing that he's serious.

"Let's go." He said then made his way to Maria's car. I grabbed my purse, locked the doors, and went inside Maria's car. I didn't see Kris anywhere, so I just locked the doors.

Rachelle was with me at the back seat. Jake was the one driving.

"You guys are unexpectedly quiet." Someone said beside me. I snapped my head to my right and saw none other than Kris.

Jake screamed a little in shock. We were thrown forward when he suddenly stepped on the brakes. I even hit my head at the back of Jake's headrest. I regret not buckling up before we set out to the mall.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I asked breathlessly. I noticed that I was the only one who's not buckled up.

"What? You expect me to stay at home? No way! I wouldn't be able to resist my temptation of killing someone." He glared at the window.

He's still angry at Mark.

I sighed. This will be a long day.

We arrived at the mall 15 minutes later. It was a little crowded since it's Saturday. After a while, Jake and Maria went to the shoes section while Rachelle, Kris and I were just strolling around.

"Why didn't you go with them, Ray? I thought you want to shop." I asked.

"I'm not planning to be a third wheel." She said with a bored face. "Why?"

"Nothing. Just won-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because Kris cut me off.

"She's wondering why you chose to be with us since you're gonna be a third wheel either way." Kris smirked.

I stared at him in bewilderment. My heart sped up at the thought of me and Kris dating. I saw Rachelle glancing between me and Kris.

"So, you two are-" I quickly cut her off.

"No. It's not what you think. He's just joking, so throw those thoughts away. Come on, we're going to buy some coffee." I hastily turned to walk.

Rachelle glanced at me one last time before walking. But she didn't even had her second step when someone bumped into her.

"Ow!"

"Ah!"

It was a guy! He has sandy blonde hair. His face is kind of familiar to me. My eyes widened when I realized who it was.

"Josh?" I asked, not believing that it was him.

"Mia?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, Guyz! Sorry for the delayed update! Expect a very slow update from now on 'cause I'm very busy with school, but I'm doing my best to find some time to write.

And sorry for the incorrect grammars! Thank you for reading! Bye!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

280K 9.3K 29
Kylie Jenson is not popular nor is she girly. In fact, she's the opposite. She doesn't wear makeup or designer clothes (gasp), she hates shopping (do...
293 16 31
My name is Claire Rose and I'm clairvoyant. I help ghosts cross over to the other side. Relax, it's nothing as dramatic as Jennifer Love Hewitt in G...
1.2K 58 46
Kate Henderson; probably more typical than you can imagine. The thing is; she was best friends with the hottest playboy in the school. Kyle Gray. He...
624 50 15
After she brutally murdered, Taylor awakes in her bed with no memory of what has happened. As she starts to go about her daily life, she notices that...