Good Girls Are Bad Girls That...

By chloex

Gwen Matthews is a quick-witted, feisty 17-year-old, the exact thing Kyle Reece- the son of the fourth riches... More

Chapter 1: The Man Eating Dog
Chapter 2: Never Liked Her Anyway
Chapter 3: Corny Chat Up Lines
Chapter 4: The Evil Child
Chapter 5: Dracuwoman and Gwenpee
Chapter 6: High School
Chapter 7: Game On
Chapter 8: The Encounter
Chapter 9: Go die Kyle Reece!
Chapter 11: My Evil Plan
Chapter 12: My Awesome Ninja Moves
Chapter 13: Trouble With A Capital T
Chapter 14: The Cops
Chapter 15: Chocolate Spread
Chapter 16: Let The Party Begin
Chapter 17: Heartless Bitches
Chapter 18: She Thought He Was A Stripper...
Chapter 19: Don't Get Mad...Get Even
Chapter 20: Blue.
Chapter 21: Awkward Turtle
Chapter 22: An Eventful Weekend
Chapter 23: On The Job
Chapter 24: It's a Bomb!
Chapter 25: He Did It On Purpose!
Chapter 26: Run Baby Run
Chapter 27: Who oh Who Could it be...
Chapter 28: Burn Baby Burn
Chapter 29: He Has Never Given To Charity.
Can you believe this???
Chapter 30: A Day with Gwen and Kyle...
Chapter 31: Get ready, Taylor's leaving!
Chapter 32: Depressed.
Chapter 33: Press That Button.
Chapter 34: Spiderman? What happened to Superman, Batman and Robin?
Chapter 35: Where Are We Going?
Chapter 36: It Bit Me.
Chapter 37: Snip Snip!
Chapter 38: I choose you Gweneviere! (This isn't Pokémon you know)
Chapter 39: Finding my Romeo and playing with Action Figures.
Chapter 40: Scrip's, death lists and Restaurants = my life.
Chapter 41: Ice sculpture=.........
Chapter 42: A day out with the guys.
Chapter 43: The punishment!
Chapter 44: Take a picture
Chapter 45: Playing Dress Up
Chapter 46: Gwen and Kyle Adventure In The Kitchen!
Chapter 47: it's Kyle!
Chapter 48: Bonding.
Chapter 49: Be with you and Mr. Fish
Chapter 50: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 51: Hunting for Dale
Chapter 52: The Hospital.
Chapter 53: Hunting for answers.
Chapter 54: To ride with a cow (beast).
Chapter 55: The Carnival (Part 1)
Chapter 56: The Carnival (Part 2)
Chapter 57: Big splashes and weird guys.
Chapter 58: Teachers and expensive houses!
Chapter 59: The mom!
Chapter 60: Heartbroken.
Chapter 61: Never get Taylor drunk.
Chapter 62: A flashback.
Chapter 63: Packing and the Christmas party- Part 1.
Chapter 64: The Party part 2!
Chapter 65: The Airport.
Chapter 66: The flight
Chapter 67: Jackson Hole.
Chapter 68: Settling in and Long, Lonely Nights.
Chapter 69: Let's ski.
Chapter 70: Bracelet's
Chapter 71: The Truth and a crazy ass bitch.
Chapter 72: A Crazy Ass Bitch.
Chapter 73: Recovery
Extra Chapters

Chapter 10: Ice Cream Snow Balls

49.4K 708 77
By chloex

Chapter 10: Ice Cream Snow Balls

I was planning on a swift exit and I was not expecting the hand wrapping itself around my wrist, I yelped when Kyle forcefully pulled me back making me walk backwards. Now, I stumbled over my own feet and with the help of a little spilt ice cream I as falling backwards, my butt landing in the treat table. I blinked when I felt the coldness of the sauces and liquid chocolate soak through my jeans I shivered, glaring at Kyle. I made ‘ew’ sounds as I shuffled forward my hand meeting sickly treats; there was a loud screech as the front legs gave way at the table tipped forward with a loud crash. Millions of candy scattered across the floor and I moaned at the paint that shot through my butt. I sat in disbelief when I realised what had just happened. When Kyle’s trainers appeared in my vision, I was hesitant to look up, slightly scared of what he would do.

After clenching my ice creamed hands together, I looked up. Kyle looked down at me, his face dripping with melting ice cream, sprinkles stuck to his cheek and a chocolate button was attached to his forehead. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing at his face, when Kyle did the unthinkable, he burst out laughing.

His laughter was loud and booming as he hunched forward, his hands clutching at his stomach.  He pointed a finger at me, “You…your…face…phaaaa!” tears where streaming down his face and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Did he really find this funny?

I was cold, wet and covered in ice cream and candy…wait; I was covered in ice-cream, yum!

“You think this is funny?” I asked as I twisted around, my fingers groping at the spilt candy on the floor, with little effort I scooped it up and threw it as his laughing face. I cackled in hysterics when some got in his open mouth making him cough and splutter.

After regaining his composure he looked down at me with narrowed eyes before glancing over at the table across the room, “You want to start?” he questioned and my eyes widened when I realised his intention. I lunged forward, wrapping my arms around his legs. Kyle tried to shake me off but I pulled myself around him wrapping my legs around one of his as I hung on for dear life. Kyle was dragging my butt across the floor as he made a beeline for the ice-cream.

Kyle dragged me along with ease as if I was a dog humping his leg; I let out a squeal when I felt ice cream being dropped down the back of my top, after digging me nails into his leg for extra measure I pulled away.

“You are so dead.” I cackled, quickly standing up, my trainers skidded on the Smarties but I managed to straighten myself. Quickly dunking my hands into the ice cream, I missed the hand heading toward my face and was met with coldness and blocked vision as I tried to pull away. Ignoring the cold and loss of vision I used Kyle’s closeness to my advantage I shoved my frozen hand in his face while laughing.

Yum, I could taste Oreo.

War officially broke out after that, I had taken the opportunity to run while Kyle was in a daze, my hand holding down the whipped cream lever as I hid behind the machine only stepping out to pick up scoops off the floor. Kyle however had resulted to making ice cream snowballs, which felt like bricks when they made contact with my thighs. My cream balls where really not working, my creation almost melting and only splattering the floor and parts of Kyle when I threw them. I then resulted to using the squeeze bottle of sauces, smiling evilly when I got him in the eye. I squealed and cupped some more whipped cream when Kyle started advancing forward, handfuls of melting goodness. I ran around the counter and added some sprinkles to Kyle’s ‘gift’ I know I’m so thoughtful.

“You’re going down, Princess.” He announced and I quickly ducked, my eyes widening when the ice cream splattered into the wall where my head had been. I pouted when I realised my whipped cream tower had splattered on the floor. There was a clanging of metal as Kyle swiftly climbed over the counter, his feet nearing mine as he grabbed the front of my shirt, pulling me up.  I was giggling and slightly shivering from the cold when I noticed how close our face was when there was a loud screech from behind Kyle. I stepped back my eyes flickering to the lady who was gasping like a drowning fish.

“What on earth is going on in here?!” the new voice screeched.

She raised a shaking finger at us, her lip wobbling in distress as she refused to look at the mess of her self-service. “ I don’t know who you think you are! Coming into my shop and ruining my property, not only that you have caused distress amongst my customers. You should be ashamed of yourselves, using my precious ice cream as snowballs. I’m going to call the police and have you both arrested for vandalising.” She announced as she patted her pockets in search of a mobile.

Her cheeks where red with anger and I nudged Kyle forward.  “Uh, Mrs Shakes,” I mentally slapped myself at Kyle’s choice of words, like she was called that. “My name is Kyle Reece, you may have heard of me.”  He smiled, outstretching his hand as he brushed his dirtied hair from his face.

The lady stopped searching through her pockets as she looked up at Kyle face. She didn’t even hesitate as he placed her delicate hand in his, accepting his handshake.

I pulled a face and in a mocking voice, repeated Kyle, “My name is Kylie Reece, you may have herd of me, aka god.” I laughed at my own joke and straightened up in annoyance when the pair didn’t even acknowledge me.

“Calling the police won’t solve anything, I’m sorry for the inconvenience we have caused, can you forgive me?” he questioned and I almost pulled an Oscar from his ass.

The lady spluttered for a couple of seconds, her cheeks a dark shade of scarlet form fading anger as she looked at him. “Oh my, is it really you Mr Reece? How is your father?  Um, this is still a crime and I have to report it…” she trailed off when Kyle clasped his other hand around hers.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to do that as my father probably already knows, and about the fact I almost tripped over some spilt milkshake when walking in. That could have been dangerous, right?” I chocked on my saliva at Kyle’s threat that was said in such a light hearted tone.

At his words, the lady paled and grabbed Kyle hands, inspecting him. “Oh my! Are you okay? I'm sorry, oh my look at me I'm blushing, is it really you?!” she gushed, as I watched wide eyed as she played along and pretended to fall apart in his hands.

I slapped a hand to my forward to how foolish this lady was being, did she have no dignity? Be a woman, fight back! Deciding to lighten the conversation, I muttered sarcastically, “No, it’s his frigging look-a-like, Jesus Christ lady.” I huffed as I threw my hands in the air and brought them down with a loud slap against my dirtied thighs.

Kyle narrowed his eyes as he looked at me form other his shoulder, “Gweneviere.” He muttered in a warning tone.

Smiling, I walked up to him and stood next to him, I offered the manager a sweet smiled before pinching Kyle’s cheek and cooing,  “Ah, what’s the matter pumpkin?”

Kyle tried swatting my hand away like a fly but I just cooed louder as I smiled at him. He offered me one more glare before turning back to the woman with a charming smile, the transformation giving me whiplash. “As I was saying, we didn’t mean to cause any trouble.” His voice was kind and I shook my head trying not to fool for it. I snickered as she looked down slightly flustered.

He has to be joking, she practically forty, there is no way she will fool for his stupid charm!

The woman, gulped seeming unsure of herself as she looked down and back at his face, I watched as her mask began to falter. “Well...” she stared into his eyes and I silently cursed. Don’t look into his eyes old woman! Save yourself while you still can because he’s the male version of Medusa, one look in his eyes and BAM you’re under his spell. When she stuttered on her words I wanted to punch myself in the face.

You have go to be kidding me. She’s totally falling for his charm! This old woman is a perv! Quick, somebody help! This old woman is eying up a seventeen year old. I don’t care if she’s trying to save her own skins he should tell him right from wrong, place him over his knee and give him a good ass slapping (as punishment guys, if you’re looking for the right book, that would be 50 shades of shit-I mean Grey)

I grew  fed up and walked backwards my eyes spotting a vase that I hadn’t noticed before, it was positioned on a white stand, the ugliness of it making my eyes hurt, it had drying ice cream on it as I cocked my head to the side and analysed the thing. Wait? What is an antique vase doing in an ice cream shop?

In the background I heard Kyle say the words the woman wanted to hear. “I will pay for any damage.” He finalised.

POKE.

“Is that vase included?” I asked when they both turned to the sound of the vase falling on the floor and scattering into thousands of pieces. I had a hand over my mouth as the woman gasped and rushed forward, effectively pushing me out the way as she crouched down trying to salvage as many parts as possible.

I blinked wide eyed at Kyle and fake a little gasp. “Oh Kyle, my dear sweet cheeks,” I gushed, snickering quietly to myself, “It just fell without no warning, I'm so sorry.” I sobbed wiping at the fake tears under my eyes.

The lady still sobbed over the vase, “My beautiful vase!”

I stopped forward and patted her on the back before smiling over at Kyle, “Don’t worry; Mr Reece will save you from your misery! He did just promise that he will pay for the damage.” I told her while smiling to myself.

Karma is so sweet, almost as sweet as Oreo ice-cream.

She looked up at us form her spot on the floor before weeping, “The vase cost over two thousand dollars.”

My eyebrows shot up in surprise, she paid two thousand dollars for an ugly ass vase like that? I half expected a mummified animal to be inside.

Me being Gwen Matthews, one of the kindest person in the world decided to comfort the poor woman, I had to make sure she felt assured that Kyle will pay, not only for threatening her. “Don’t worry Kyle will pay for it, won’t you Kyle?” I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

I helped the poor woman up, she used my arm for support and I almost snorted with amusement when I caught the tear tracks running down her cheeks. Who cries over a vase?

Kyle looked at me before biting out a sharp. “No.”

My mouth fell into a ‘o’ and I pointed at her tear stained face.

“How can you say that? Look at the poor woman.” I pouted, trying to mimic the woman’s face. I even added a little sniffle.

 “I...I loved that vase.” She sniffled, glancing at Kyle.

“I didn’t.” I muttered.

Kyle looked at me appalled; I smiled and rubbed my fingers together in a sign of money.

Kyle mouth was set into a fine line and he when he next spoke the sentence was forced, “Like I said I will pay for the damage.” He muttered as he snatched the piece of vase out of the woman’s hand, the china grazed her, a thin line of blood brewing from the new cut.

 I gasped looking at Kyle, “Kyle!” I half hissed, grabbing the woman’s hand to inspect her newly made wound.

“Expect a couple of hundred in the post, I will pay for the damage as for the vase she can pay for it. If I was you, I would get packing; people like you don’t deserve to be in this town.” He snapped, throwing the china at me. I managed to catch it and stared at Kyle’s back as he left though the door.

I glanced at the woman, who was crying more, her face flushed. I patted her shoulder. “It’s okay, he won’t really do an-“ my voice trailed off when I caught sight of the china in my palm. If the vase was together this would have been on the bottom. Stuck to the bottom what a white sticky tag with a bar code and red sticker that read:

SALE

ORIGINAL PRICE: $25

REDUCED PRICE: $13

I stepped away from her as if she had physically burned me. “Wow,” I breathed. “Two thousand, huh? You should be ashamed of yourself.” I told her as I gave her the cheap piece of china back.

The lady sobbed and I wondered if she was being genuine or was just scrounging for sympathy just like she had scrounged for money.

“Maybe if you are lucky, I will get you better one. Sorry for messing the place up, I’m sure Kyle will be more than happy to pay for the damages.” I muttered as I headed out of the café, my aunt, Amy and Kyle where nowhere to be seen. I sighed before heading into the woman’s rest room and cleaning myself up as much as I could.

To think that Kyle would have actually paid two thousand dollars for a vase that had only cost 13. I scrubbed my face and held my top and jeans under the hand dryer as I tried to get rid of most of the grime. My hair was mostly fine; only the end of my pony tail had been caught in the ice cream, after racking my fingers though it I look considerably normal apart from the stains on my butt. I took off my jumper and tied it around my waist, hiding most of the damage.

I finally made my way towards the car where they were all seated apart from Aunt June. I tried not to show how angry I felt at Kyle sitting in the front seat with Amy beside him. I angrily pulled at the handle and when it didn’t open I knocked on the passenger window, once her rolled it midway down I spoke, “Let me in.” I told him annoyed.

Kyle looked down at me before smirking, “You aunt got called into work, my dad came and picked her up. What happened today was your fault.” He told me making my eyes bulge out my head.

“How is it my fault? I’m not the one that tried to con you out of money!” I shouted, pulling on the handle of the door.

Kyle smiled before grabbing the front of his cap and tipping it forward. “You started it, therefore enjoy the walk home, I look forward to seeing you at school on Monday.”

I glanced at Amy who was frowning and leaning forward to talk to me, “It’s a three mile walk!” I shouted and tried to grab him through the open window. He moved away and closed the window, only leaving a crack so I could hear his next words.

“You better start walking then, it will get dark soon. Don’t worry I will have your car on your drive, ready for you.” He smiled before putting the car into drive and pulling out the car space, the back lights flashed as he turned out of the small car park as if mocking me.

I stayed for another five minutes not moving from my spot, the look of disbelief never leaving my face as I looked around to see if anyone had whiteness the kidnapping of my baby.

“Aunt June,” I told myself as I patted my pockets searching for my phone, I cursed when I remembered it was in my bag…in the back of my car. Great, just great.

Having enough of standing, I flopped down sitting on the curve as I wrapped my hands around my knees, maybe he will feel bad and come back. Yeah, I’m sure it’s some sort of prank, there’s no way they would leave me here. Wait, we are talking about Kyle Recce, the boy who wants to make my life hell, if that means stealing my new found friends and making me trek 3 miles back home. Any change to piss me off he is going to take it.

After fiddling with the loose thread on the knee of my jeans for the past ten minutes, I was about ready to adopt a dog and write a cardboard sign that read ‘Donations for the homeless.’ when a shadow loomed over me making a shiver run up my back. It had grown colder over the time we had been here, the sun replaced with dark clouds and a cold breeze leaving Goosebumps on my bare arms.  

When a deep voice muttered a, “Hey.” I kept my eyes focused on the thread as I told the shadow straight. It was obviously a male (unless it was a woman with a really deep voice, I mean really deep).

 “I’m not a hobo, I'm not lost, I don’t take charity and I don’t play a guitar and have a little dog. That’s for the concern.” I told the stranger, not bothering to turn around and face him.  Awkward eye contact should not be made if it is not necessary.

I was startled when the person broke out into a low chuckle, their feet appearing in my vision as they stepped next to me, I glanced at the scuffled combats. “You don’t strike me as the type to be homeless.” The person mused and I finally looked up at the giant.

 “Oh. Dale, right?” I asked and shuffled slightly when he folded his long legs, his knees bumping my thighs as he tried to make himself comfortable on the little curb.

He nodded and cocked his head to the side as he smiled at me, “You remembered.”

I nodded and gripped my knees closer to my chest as I leaned my chin on them, keeping in as much warmth in the cold air. “Of course, I have an exceptional memory,” only when it comes to remembering weirdoes, I need to remember who I have to avoid. “What are you doing here?” I asked casually hoping to keep the conversation flowing.

Dale shrugged, his gaze not slipping from my face as I watched him from the corner of my eye. He finally shrugged and looked away allowing me time to breath. “Just around, the towns pretty small so it’s not unusual to bump into a lot of people from school.” He spoke as if assuring me I shouldn’t feel uncomfortable.

Was he aware of how creepy he was?

He looked back at me but I kept my attention on the small strands of grass I was plucking from the cracks in the pavement. “So what are you doing here?” he questioned and I jerked my chin to Mr Shake’s where everything had kicked off.

“I came here for some ice cream.”

Dale made a ‘ah’ sound before falling into silence. He was bumping his combat boots against one another creating an annoying ‘bop’ sound when he suddenly asked. “By any chance, was you with Kyle Reece?”

I snorted but refused to look at him. “Psh no.” I lied, too ashamed to admit I was dragged here with such a dick.

Dale hummed before scratching the back of his neck, “I sure I seen you together, in fact I’m sure you was with him.” he admitted making me swallow thickly.

Why did I feel like I was under investigation?

Shrugging, I answered in a slightly apprehensive voice, “You must have been seeing things.”

Dale leaned towards me, his hair falling over his shoulder as he watched my face. “Do you by any change, like him?” he questioned making me blink at him.

 My mouth moved but no words came out as I tried to formulate a sentence that would make a sentence, all that came out was a loud squeak of ‘ehhhh?’.

“How can anyone like that insufferable jerk?” I huffed, my hands instantly beginning to shake with anger over what had happened a couple of minutes ago. “Look, I don’t know you that well but I really don’t appreciate this game of 20 questions, it was nice seeing you but I’m going to take my leave now.” I announced as I stood up and brushed the dust of my jumper that I had been sitting on.

Dale didn’t seem faze by my unease but continued to question me further, “So what where you doing with Kyle?” I felt scrutinised under his gaze as if he was the predator and I was his prey that had just walked into his trap.

I folded my arms across my chest and only spoke when I was a safe distance from him. “Why do you want to know, I thought you didn’t like Kyle?” I questioned and held my breath when his head turned sharply to the side, the shadow of the day falling across his face, making him look dark and wild. His hair blew in the breeze and I held my breath already expecting his next words.

“I don’t dislike I abhor him.” he finalised making me swallow and shuffle backward with my hand stuffed in my jean pockets.

“Okay...” I dragged out, trying to think of ways to escape this awkward conversation.

When dale stood up, his back to me I thought about taking this as my change to run but that would be just rude, what if he was just looking for a friend who hated Kyle as much as him.

Dale’s next words kept his back to me but his voice rang loud and clear and I could detect the hint of desperation behind his words. “Stay away from him Gwen, when the time is right Kyle will get what’s coming for him. So, do you want a ride home?” He asked turning around, his personality having a 360 degree change as he smiled at me.

I pulled my hands out of my pocket and checked my wrist for the time, which would have worked if I actually had a watch on.

“No, that’s okay my aunts meant to be picking me up over at Starbucks.” I lied as I offered him a dorky wave. “See you.” hopefully never again.

Dale smiled and as I half walked/jogged down the path and towards Starbucks on the to her side of the café, as I walked I could feel dale’s gaze on my back, my suspicions where proven when I caught him still standing their staring in a parked cars side mirror. I averted my eyes and slowed down when I rounded the corner and out of dales watchful eyes.

Well that wasn’t scary. When I next see Kyle, I am literally going to pin a target to his back and hand Dale a riffle to blow his head off while I sit back and enjoy the show. The little shit, is going to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
3.1K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
2K 226 22
Avery Turner is meant for perfection. Perfection in this case, is very academic and not social or emotional. No one has to know that though. For ever...
905 2 20
Zoe Garcia is an 20 year old girl who is on her third year of college. When she meets Blake Walker who is the rude ass bad boy, her life changes dram...