Masquerade (Liam Payne)

By BelWatson

{book 5} - ❝ I'm Tammy Rodenhizer. Member of Prodigy. Rockstar. Rebel. And I don't trust you. I don't trust a... More

Before reading...
Chapter 1 ~ Liam
Chapter 2 ~ Tammy
Chapter 3 ~ Liam
Chapter 4 ~ Tammy
Chapter 5 ~ Liam
Chapter 6 ~ Tammy
Chapter 7 ~ Liam
Chapter 8 ~ Tammy
Chapter 10 ~ Tammy
Chapter 11 ~ Liam
Chapter 12 ~ Tammy
Chapter 13 ~ Liam
Chapter 14 ~ Tammy
Chapter 15 ~ Liam
Chapter 16 ~ Tammy
Chapter 17 ~ Liam
Chapter 18 ~ Tammy
Chapter 19 ~ Liam
Chapter 20 ~ Tammy
Chapter 21 ~ Liam
Chapter 22 ~ Tammy
Chapter 23 ~ Liam
Chapter 24 ~ Tammy
Chapter 25 ~ Liam
Chapter 26 ~ Tammy
Chapter 27 ~ Liam
Chapter 28 ~ Tammy
Chapter 29 ~ Liam
Chapter 30 ~ Tammy
Chapter 31 ~ Liam
Chapter 32 ~ Tammy
Chapter 33 ~ Liam
Chapter 34 ~ Tammy
Chapter 35 ~ Liam
Chapter 36 ~ Tammy
Chapter 37 ~ Liam
Epilogue ~ Tammy

Chapter 9 ~ Liam

81.6K 2.7K 275
By BelWatson

Chapter 9 ~ Liam

Why does it seem so easy for them to mess with us? No matter what they say, the laugh at us. I don’t mind that much now, I’m laughing myself. No one is exception, nor even themselves. They mock each other and Emma even calls Tammy boy, which now makes me understand why she calls us lesbians so easily. Oh well, used to do it.

Since I met Tammy a few weeks ago already I thought she hated me. I thought she had a problem with me or that maybe I was the problem, but today I realised that she has nothing against me or anyone in particular. She just treats everyone like that and she has no problem if you’re the same. I believe she expects that, to be honest. But today I also realised of something else and that is that she doesn’t hate me, in fact, I believe she likes me somehow. Not the I’m-falling-for-you kind of like you but the you’re-not-bad-maybe-we-could-be-friends like you. And I know this because she stood up for me… sort of.

“Hey Tammy,” Emma calls Tammy when she is trying to teach me her solo in More To Live For but it’s too difficult for me. “Can you leave your girlfriend there and come for a sec?” She asks and I don’t take offense in the fact she is calling me a girl again. I’ve learnt it’s inevitable. But Tammy does seem to mind, I notice how she goes serious and looks at Emma reproachfully.

“Okay, that’s enough. No need to call him girl. Noob, *NSYNC wannabe, but no girl anymore,” Tammy answers and I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Is she really defending me? Is she really asking Emma not to call me a girl? I don’t really mind that Tammy calls me noob, I guess I accepted it already, but being called a girl or lesbian always hurts my male ego. “I mean, look at these boys, they all must have a dick.” Cue to his words, everyone looks at our crotches. I’ve never felt so observed in my life and I have the urge to cover myself with my hands. “See? There’s something there and I don’t think it’s a pair of socks,” Tammy motions to my crotch and I feel my cheeks burning bright. “So no lesbian anymore, okay?”

Although everyone’s eyes are on my crotch, I feel confused and glad at the same time. On one side, she will not call me a lesbian anymore, nor will her band mates and that is great. She asked them not to treat us like that and I like she did, it means there are boundaries now, that the offences won’t get that far. But I’m confused by why she did that. Emma calls her boy, rude and even drunk monkey. Emma has made fun of everyone and her words always sound more hurtful than everyone else’s. Maybe because she is really tall, she looks more powerful and mighty. Yet Tammy asked her not to call me girl because I am not, because I’m a guy. Why did she do this?

I look at her, expecting her to look back at me with the answer I need. Is it because she really likes me? Is it because she sees it hurts when they call me lesbian? Is it because she cares? I want to know, I need to know.

“Oh, okay. No more lesbians then. So, can you leave your boyfriend and come for a sec?” Emma asks, mischief clear in her smile and voice and Tammy only raises her eyebrows and shakes her head as she approaches her band mate while I can’t stop staring at the lead singer, seeking for an answer.

“He is not my boyfriend, for Fuck’s sake!” Tammy complains and I wonder why her band mates tease her with me. Has she talked about me? Has she told them something? I don’t think it’s only because of the date, I’m sure I haven’t been the only guy Tammy has dated recently. There must be something else and I want to know.

A little smile spreads on my lips as I realise how many questions flood my mind when it comes to Tammy. She is so different, intriguing. Her actions are never clear, I can’t really read through her masks and she fills me with curiosity. Everything she does makes me wonder why. Tammy Rodenhizer –hell yeah! I learnt her surname!– intrigues me like nothing nor no one has intrigued me before. She is like a puzzle I can’t decipher yet I can’t just push aside. I know for sure she is more than what she looks like, there’s so much hidden under her rebel image and rude attitude and I want to know all those secrets.

I remember when I said I wanted to meet someone who would intrigue me, someone who would catch my eye. Tammy didn’t do that at the beginning, to be honest, after I met her I didn’t want to see her again, but all I want to do now is to see her more, get to know her more. I want her to trust me and share all those things she is hiding.

“What’s your problem? Do I have something on my face?” Tammy asks when she comes back and I smile wider when I see she came to me again once she finished with Emma. She really doesn’t despise me.

“No,” I answer without losing my smile.

“Then what do you look at me that way? FYI, you’re creeping me out with that smile. You look like a puppy that just did something he is very proud of yet it’s something stupid,” I chuckle at her analogy and I have this urge to reach her, touch her hand, her face, her hair, I dunno.

Tammy is not the kind of girl you expect to be around. I’m sure that she is the kind of girl your mum asks you to stay away from, but I don’t really want to stay away from her even if my own mother asks me to. I don’t really mind if she is rude or mean anymore, or if she offends me, because I know there must be a reason behind all that and I just want to know those reasons.

“Thank you,” I tell her instead of really answering her question and she looks utterly confused.

“Why? I didn’t do anything for you,” she says and I smile wider, taking a small step closer.

“You did. You asked Emma not to call me lesbian again, for which I’m really grateful. That one hurt, you know,” I tell her softly and she steps back, but she tries to look strong, like she didn’t back off when I approached. I take notice of that, how she doesn’t like to seem overpowered, she likes to be in control.

“It’s because I looked at your crotch and I noticed you can’t be a girl. You do have a dick although you smile like a puppy, Noob,” she explains.

“And why were you looking at my crotch?” I ask and for the first time since I met her, I see Tammy embarrassed. I raise my eyebrows just to make her feel a bit more uncomfortable.

“Why not? It’s not like it’s hidden, you know. I just happened to notice it and that’s all. You still look like a puppy and you’re a noob. Don’t think I have an interest in you.”

“Why not?” At my question, I see her rebellious side come to life again.

“Because you’re too good, Noob. I don’t really wanna be responsible for ruining you. You’re not a girl in my eyes anymore, but you’re still a puppy and a boy and I like men, you know?” She looks at me from head to toe and not in a good way. “Maybe we can talk again in a few years. Right now you’re not my style.”

I know I should be offended with all the things she told me, but I’m not. “You’re good too, you know? You don’t want to ruin my life, that’s so thoughtful.”

“No, I’m not good,” she says, her eyes wide open as if I’ve just insulted her when I’m really complimenting her.

I laugh at this girl, so different and special, so confusing, so intriguing. In a natural move, I pass my arm over her shoulders and pull her next to me. She is stiff and she is glaring at me. “You’re a good person.”

“I’m not! Leanne!” she calls out not trying to get free from my embrace. “Leanne! Noob is saying I’m a good person. Tell him he’s wrong!” She demands calling everyone’s attention, making the blonde drummer smile.

“Liam, you naughty boy. Don’t tell those things to Tammy. Don’t listen to him, girl. You’re awful,” Leanne tells her with a big smile. “The rudest person ever.”

“With the worst manners,” Emma adds.

“And you share too many details when I don’t care,” Skyler joins in her disinterested tone.

When Tammy looks at me again, her smile is bright and big. “See? I’m terrible. Don’t say I’m a good girl again.”

I can’t help it, I laugh at her and that she asked for insults from her band mates to feel happy, that she didn’t took the compliment nicely.

How can a girl be so different?

And again I find myself wondering why. Why does she need her band mates to tell her she is awful? Why doesn’t she like when I compliment her? And most important, why hasn’t she pulled apart yet? I’m still with my arm over her shoulders, keeping her close.

“You’re rude, that’s true,” I say just because I want to see her reaction at the insult.

She smiles wider. “Why thank you,” she answers and I swear I laugh again.

“And narcissist,” a male voice joins and in that moment we see Grimmy and Kay walking in the stage. In that moment I look around and I notice that Louis is the only one missing. Where did he go now? I hope he is not on some roof.

“Grimmy!” Leanne singsongs when she sees him and leaves the drum set just to run to him.

“Leanne my love! It’s so good to see you. When Kay told me you were coming to rehears with the lads I had to come to see you,” he tells the blonde hugging her and Leanne giggles.

“I know, you can’t live without me for too long,” she tells him stepping back and he touches his heart nodding in agreement.

“I can’t, indeed,” he tells her. “My life is empty without you.”

“And what about me?” Kay asks him looping her arm around his arm. “I thought you loved me.”

“I do, I love you both. Come to me, my blondes,” he tells them and hugs them both.

I wonder how many guys in the world want to be him right now. Although this is just theatre and not real at all, it’s fun.

“By the way, when I set you both up I hoped you were going to hate on each other and try to murder the other, not to get all lovey-dovey. Please, don’t ruin my plans,” Grimmy says looking at Tammy and I and like his words touch something inside her, she realises I’m still hugging her and she steps aside, shocked and with an almost imperceptible touch of pink on her cheeks.

“Don’t worry, Grimmy, I was just telling the noob I’m an awful person. He accepted it, right?” She looks at me defiantly, like daring me to tell her she is a good person again.

I chuckle and just nod, wanting to call her a good girl, though. Just to mess with her a bit.

“Good. I would feel responsible if you two get together. Anyways, how’s the rehearsal coming along? Too terrible?” He asks with an almost painful look on his face.

“To be honest… it’s going great,” Leanne tells him and at his expression of sheer shock, everyone laughs.

-:-:-:-

Aw, I adore Tammy so much! And in the following chapters you may see a bit more of her. 

All the girls have twitter accounts! go follow them @Tammy_prodigy, @Skyler_Prodigy, @LeanneHemsDrums and @Emma_Saiz! They are so fun.

Dedication to my favoruite comment @AdinaGreene I'm glad that you like her now and don't worry, they won't compite with each other.

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 283 20
April is a smart, talent, outgoing, high school student. No one knows she's one of the worlds most famous rockstars. With her best friends at her si...
Hidden. By CWroxs

Fanfiction

12.6K 466 29
Madison Blue is just a normal girl. So how come the world seems to hate her? She is bullied by the popular clique. No one stands up for her. Everyone...
67.4K 1.4K 64
Jenna went from being an orphan to being a superstars kid. How will she deal with all the flashing lights, glam and trying to find her way in life? W...
223K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...