Chapter 14 ~ Tammy

Chapter 14 ~ Tammy

At the end, Kay and Louis weren’t shagging as Sky suggested. What really happened was the Louis was in very similar state as Sky’s, which is drunk; so Kay took care of him before he could pass out in the middle of the club.

I must admit something I won’t sayout loud: partying with One Direction was fun. They are fun lads when they have a few drinks in them, loud and crazy. Despite that Liam was around all the time, following me like a lost puppy, I had a great time. But I’m kind of worried, I know he doesn’t see me like the awful, rude, bad girl he met at the beginning and I’m pretty sure he is trying to see what’s behind my rebel image. But if he is doing that he will be disappointed. What’s behind is as ugly as what’s outside. What I keep hidden is more horrifying than what I show now. If he thinks I’m a worth saving person, then he is wrong. There’s nothing to save about me; everything is ruined. I was destroyed the moment I was born.

But I guess he is a dreamer, a naïve silly boy that has had an easy life and doesn’t know the things I know, someone who can’t imagine the things I have gone through. He will never understand why I am the way I am, so if he thinks he can try to get to know me better, he is going to crash against a big, imposing, impenetrable wall that hides all my dark secrets and memories. Nor even I can access to them anymore.

But he wants to, he is trying and I don’t know whether to pity him or laugh at his pointless struggles.

“Hey, Tammy,” I hear his voice when I’m on my way to the dining room to have breakfast at noon. After a night clubbing, it is normal and breakfast is the most important meal, I can’t skip it.

“What do you want, Noob?” I inquire as I keep walking, not even bothering with looking at him. At my mind comes the image of when we were dancing, with his hands on my waist and his body pressed against mine. He may look like a boy and have the look of a puppy, but mate! He is built. I could feel the muscles of his torso so well defined under his shirt, I could even feel the strength of his shoulders when my hands were resting there. Don’t let the cute boyish face fool you, he has the body of a man.

“How are you?” He asks and I roll my eyes.  Is he always so polite?

“Getting annoyed ‘cos you don’t go to the point, so please, stop the pointless conversation and speak,” I demand still walking. “I’m hungry, I need breakfast.”

I hear him chuckle so I stop abruptly and turn around to glare at him; the idiot is smiling amused. “You know that hotels have schedules, right?”

At his words I remember and I feel heat on my cheeks for forgetting that. “Of course I knew,” I lie looking away and trying to hide my embarrassment. “I thought I could get something anyways, using my charming personality, you know.”

He chuckles again but I was being sarcastic, not trying to entertain him. “Well, you won’t unless you wait for lunch. But,” he speaks, being dramatic the little shit, “what if I take you to have brunch? I know I great place here where we can relax and have a nice conversation.” I furrow my eyebrows, trying to understand why he is doing this. I’m being particularly bitchy today.

“Are you asking me out?” I blurt out when that thought crosses my mind. I don’t think he is that stupid, after the fiasco of our first and only date, but I have to make sure; Liam has proved himself to be a weirdo.

“Well—,” he plays with the short hairs of the back oh his neck, messing with them in what can only be called as a nervous or shy gesture. “Yes,” he confesses, his eyes on me. “I’m asking you on a date. After the one we had, I guess we can have a second chance, don’t you think?”