A CHRISTMAS WISH

By pheonix-on-fire

"I want my very own castle; I want tons of servants and men throwing themselves at my feet. I want to be pamp... More

CHAPTER 1: A CHRISTMAS WISH
Chapter 2: Realization
Chapter 3: The Laird
Chapter 4: Life In the Middle-Ages
Chapter 5: Madness
Chapter 6: The Silence Before The Storm
Chapter 7: Sarah Gets the Jitters, part 1
Chapter 8: Sarah Gets The Jitters, part 2
Chapter 9: The Feast
Chapter 10: Stranger In The Dark
Chapter 11: The Uncomfortable Truth
Chapter 12: The Tournament, A deadly enemy revealed!
Chapter 13: Iain's Resolve
Chapter 14: Mayhem
Chapter 15: Serpent In The Grass
Chapter 16: Caught In The Act.
Chapter 17: The Wedding, Part 1
Chapter 18: The Wedding, Part 2:
Chapter 19: Discovery;
Chapter 20: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 21: Lachlan, part 1
Chapter 22: Comfort
Chapter 23: The Highlands
Chapter 24: The Highlands, Part 2
Chapter 25 Revelations: Part 1
Chapter 26: Revelations, Part 2
Chapter 27: Time to wake up and face the music!
Chapter 28: New Begginings!!!
Chapter 29: The Gathering!
Chapter 30: Wicked Designs!
Chapter 31: The Black Wolf Returns!!!
Chapter 32: Reunion, part 1
Chapter 33: Reunion, Part 2;
Chapter 34: A Fine Prize
Chapter 35: The Party!
Chapter 36: The Final Surprise, Part 1
Chapter 38, A New Conquest!
Chapter 39: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 40: Echo's of the Past
Chapter 41: A Serpent rears its Head.
Chapter 42: The Fair
Chapter 43: The Fair, Part 2
Chapter 44 Prelude to the end.

Chapter 37: The Final Surprise, Part 2

13.1K 418 68
By pheonix-on-fire

I implore you guys for long comments, and feedback, i am not very confident about lovemaking scenes and i need lots of reassurance that i didn't muck it up. Although feel free to tell me it sucks if you think it does.

this one took a lot of thought because i incorporated lots of humor along with the sexual tension. i thought it gave the scene a distinctly unique air, i hope i was right.

well anyway enjoy and please do tell me what you guys think.

p.s if you are offended by explicit scenes, please skip this chapter:-)

CHAPTER 37;

The final surprise, part 2!

The door closed with a loud bang, Iain barreled into the bedchamber like a hurricane, with Sarah in tow.

Sarah could scarce believe what was happening, although she had hoped for just such a result when she had teased Iain down in the hall. She hadn't taken into account her own reaction to his passion.

She was breathing hard and her heart was banging in her chest out of control, but in her case it wasn't only from the exertion of the perilous climb up the stairs, after all she had had a first class passage to their inner sanctum, it was Iain who had carried the heavy load.

Not that he looked too tired.

A conclusion Bourne out a mere moment later when his head swooped down, and his lips captured hers in a ravenous kiss.

He barely gave her the chance to compose a single thought. Gone were all thoughts of seduction, all the coy dialogues she had rehearsed to entice him, all the come hither looks she had studiously practiced for nigh on a week, in that moment she even forgot about the negligee lying in the chest.

All Sarah could think about was how his lips  slanted against hers, locking in place, the way it felt to have his tongue invade the sweet recesses of her mouth, drawing a moan of pure pleasure from her.

She basked in the glory of his kiss, welcomed the tiny spark of pain when his marauding fingers tangled in her hair, pulling her head back, giving him better access. She felt as wild as he did in that moment.

Sarah slid sinuously to the ground when Iain's grip loosened.

The sensation of having her body wrapped so closely to his was indescribable. After all these days of waiting and wanting, the culmination of both their desires was far too explosive for either one of them to control.

Before she knew what hit her, Sarah could feel Iain begin to back her across the room, his mouth still plundering hers, his hands clasping onto her buttocks, drawing her close, so that Sarah was intensely aware of just how aroused he was.

And she gloried in it.

They had always been an oddly combustible pair, but right now Sarah felt like she could go up in smoke any minute, taking the whole damn room with her.

It was only when she tripped on the chest and tumbled headlong onto the soft mattress behind her that reason finally invaded the sensual cloud surrounding her. She had to shake her head to dispel the confusion, thank God Iain had let her go, although now that she looked at him she realized why.

He wore nothing but his saffron undershirt. Shocked Sarah stared across the room, his heavy plaid lay in a heap on the floor halfway across the room.

"When di......"

Iain chuckled, that sexy sound that always made her toes curl. Coupled with the wolfish grin on his face and the fire blazing in his eyes, it brought a tell tale crimson blush to her cheeks.

"I work fast when the occasion calls fer it, lass,"

Sarah laughed.

The devil, he had her in a damn tizzy staring up at him while he still found the strength to tease.

Well two could play at this game, Sarah decided, tonight it was she who would be doing the teasing, and she fully intended to wipe that self satisfied smile right off that sexy mouth of his while she was at it.

She almost forgot her resolutions however, along with her ability to draw breath when he whipped the shirt over his head and stood there before her completely naked.

Sarah gasped, her eyes widened like twin saucers  faced with that magnificent body of his.

Her eyes, of their own volition roved hungrily over the thick corded column of his throat, the muscular arms, the sinewy forearms covered with short, silky black hairs, the breadth of his wide shoulders.

Sarah was struck anew by the unbelievable expanse of his muscled chest, rising and falling with every heavy breath that he took.

She continued her visual passage downward, over the mat of dark hair which curled over his chest and continued down like a thin arrow. Her gaze ventured even further, descending, taking in the sight of washboard-like sculpted abs which made her throat run dry, and then downwards still towards....

"Oh my.."

Iain grinned, he saw her eyes fasten on the most prominent part of his anatomy.

It jutted out of a nest of hair, thick, long and fully erect quite literally ready to poke someone's eye out.

Sarah blushed fiery red, maybe she had gone a little overboard asking Megan to place all these candles in the bedchamber. She had wanted romantic lighting alright but maybe some things were better left in the dark. Especially if they were potent enough to give one a heart attack with excitement.

 "Told ye I worked fast," He drawled smugly, "Naw did nae we 'ave the little matter of stroking ma ego tae settle?"

Sarah saw the arrogant tilt of his head as he stood shamelessly in front of her, wearing nothing but that sexy smile and all she could think about was pulling him down onto the bed and having her way with him, oh and stroking the hell out of his ego too.

But sanity and the resolution to seduce Iain out of his brains held her back. Not yet, she told her raging libido, oh no she was going to make him squirm before the night was through and then they would see who had the last laugh.

Time to give him a few shocks of her own.

Sarah scooted out of his reach just as Iain was bending down towards her, his intent clearly written all over his face, he looked like he was headed straight for the "Wham baam thank you mam" phase, and she wasn't ready to let him, oh no, not just yet.

His incredulous look when she jumped towards the other side of the bed though, was priceless.

It made her snicker like a naughty schoolgirl.

"What the...?"

"I want you to give me a promise tonight, Iain," she rushed into speech before he could make a grab for her.

Iain's surprise didn't last very long, in typical Iain fashion the infamous black scowl returned with a vengeance, "What is the meanin' of this, Sarah. Come back 'ere right naw!"

Sarah didn't heed the warning in his flashing grey eyes, she took several steps backwards towards the closed door, now well out of reach.

For once Iain's stroppy reaction amused rather than intimidated. How could it when he was lying there sprawled across the bed buck naked, his big body covered with nothing but a fine sheen of sweat and that giant erection standing up like a tent pole. The effect was strangely comical, and endearing.

"Well?"

"Well what," Iain barked, beyond frustrated, "Sarah I am nae in the mood fer yer games, come back and lets finish what we starte....."

"Promise me first," Sarah said, quickly before her irate husband exploded with wrath, "You won't touch me until I say so,"

"Are ye out of yer mind, Sarah?"

Sarah smiled, she couldn't help herself, she loved the way he always called her "Sarah" in that particular tone when he was mad at her, it lay somewhere between disapproval, intimidation and sheer helplessness. It was "lass" when he was in a good mood and "lassie" when he wanted to annoy. But right at this moment Iain looked frustrated enough to pull his hair out, or at the very least pull hers out from the looks of that venomous glare he was casting her way.

Sarah giggled, making his scowl take on a distinctly murderous quality,

"Come on Iain," She cajoled, "what's a little promise between a man and his woman,"

"Ye really 'ave lost yer mind havent ye lass," Iain snapped, frustrated beyond belief, "Or else ye are trying tae kill me,"

"I assure you my mind is fully intact," she said with a sultry smile, "As to the other, maybe you are right. I do intend to do some killing, but trust me honey you'll die from sheer pleasure in my arms tonight,"

Iain's eyes widened from the impact of that brazen promise and Sarah blushed anew. Acting like a hussy didn't come naturally to her, but for once in her life she wanted to be like all those celluloid sex kittens who drove men crazy, she wanted to be Marylyn Monroe and Greta Garbo all rolled into one.

Every man's wildest fantasy.

"What dae ye have in mind?" at last he was listening, an encouraging start to the proceedings Sarah decided.

"First the promise, Iain,"

His sigh was loud enough to shake the rafters, the poor dear looked so forlorn and defeated it was almost hilarious, like a randy goat who was locked up in a pen across the farm, all alone, "I wi' nae touch ye unless ye ask me too. Thaer, happy naw?"

Sarah squealed with pleasure, "Yes, you are the most wonderful man ever," when he grunted rudely at that pronouncement Sarah shut her trap, she didn't want to anger him all over again, the man got his panties in a twist at the merest inkling of the word "sweet" or "sensitive" as evidenced by his reaction downstairs.

"O.K now close your eyes,"

"What..."

"Iain just do it already for God's sake, I swear you're worse than a dog with a bone. Arguing isn't going to get you anywhere so you might as well shut it and let me show you my surprise,"

There was a whole lot of bad natured grumbling about "surprises" and the English as the stubborn oaf finally followed orders, giving her one last fiery glare for good measure.

"Ye know yer goin' tae pay fer this later, lass. Dae nae ye?"

Oh she was counting on it, Sarah thought happily. She quickly burst into action the minute his eyes were fully closed.

"Dont peek,"

A masculine grunt of pure displeasure was her answer. But Sarah paid it no mind. She opened the chest and quickly took out her negligee while Iain was still too busy lamenting over the fact that he had married a daft English woman.

Sarah laughed several times, listening to him and his muttered comments.

Although some of the things he whispered as he regaled her with his plans for revenge, made her temperature rise, funny but the man had some very inventive ways to go about things, who would have thought it.

Panting, Sarah focused on matters at hand, she stepped out of her plaid and skirt in record time, not really a difficult chore since Iain had demolished most of the fastenings anyway. The man was right, he could work fast alright.

Finally Sarah had the silk negligee on, after fumbling a fair amount with the delicate red ribbons in the back. Thankfully there weren't many of them and Helen, bless her, had even tied the ones that were there, albeit loosely so all Sarah had to do was tighten them after getting the silky concoction on her body.

Sarah rummaged in the chest and located the sandals lying in a dark corner, they were still uncomfortable, and the pointy heels looked like twin spokes, daunting as ever, but she had spent many hours practicing sashaying her way down the room with them and she was confident she wouldn't fall flat on her face this time.

When Sarah had the heels on, and the long leather straps tied over her ankles just the way she liked them she finally straightened.

Quickly she loosened the ribbons in her plait and let her long hair fall free. Once again it didn't take long, Iain had gotten to most of them already.

She ran her fingers through the silky strands straightening the knots Iain had inadvertently caused and once satisfied that the silky mass flowed down her back straight and sensuous Sarah finally heaved a deep breath.

Showtime, she told herself.

With trembling fingers Sarah unconsciously straightened the velvetty folds of the slinky negligee over her ample curves. She couldn't help but feel a little trepidation. She had no idea how Iain would react. She hoped to God he appreciated all the effort she had gone through.

"Alright, you can open your eyes now,"

All expression, every bit of the animation was wiped clean off his face when he got an eye-full of her.

He looked exactly like a stone statue, if it wasn't for the madly twitching little vein right below his right eye, Sarah was pretty sure she wouldn't even be able to tell if Iain was still alive.

He sat there, with his back resting against the new head-board Sarah had had Douglas fashion for her, mute as death.

And this time the silent reaction didn't make Sarah nervous, it made her exultant instead.

She whooped with joy inside when she saw the way Iain's eyes flared as they slowly caressed her skin. Her own even breath became slightly labored when she saw them stay for just a moment longer on the creamy mounds of her breasts which strained above the tight bodice.

Sarah could feel her nipples harden under the onslaught, and he noticed, the man couldn't really hide his reaction after all, not in his current state of undress.

But he still didn't say a thing, just continued taking in the sight of her naked skin, barely hidden under the sheer folds of her miniscule negligee.

Her long, slender legs, beckoned from across the room, and Sarah was sure Iain was imagining all kinds of scenarios just as she was.

She smiled knowingly.

"So what do you think of my final surprise,"

Iain was as quiet as a church mouse, it looked like the poor man was stunned into silence, not that he had ever really been a man of many words to start with.

Sarah let out a throaty chuckle when she saw his eyes fasten on her breasts again. she had an almost over whelming urge to do the childish thing and point two fingers at her eyes and say, "Hey buddy, I am up here," But she didn't.

She did something better instead, she twirled around, as slowly and sexily as she possibly could, making sure the material swished around her like a cloud.

She was gratified to note that Iain's eyes didn't so much as budge from his frank perusal of her assets. And Sarah could swear she saw his Adams apple bob as he swallowed when she gave him a nice long look at her barely covered rump. She was glad to note that Iain was an arse man after all, because she had quite a nice one.

Sarah turned to face him again, arching her body, acting as if she had no idea what she was doing, or what the hell she was wearing,

"Well do you think it fits alright,"

Still no answer, Sarah twirled around once more just for affect. She was more than pleased with Iain's reaction. When she saw his hands clutch the covers on the bed, bunching them in his fists like his life depended on it, Sarah was overjoyed.

It looked like he just about remembered his promise not to touch her until she said so. And it was a good thing he had too for Sarah wasn't done with him yet.

"Where are ye goin'?"

Sarah peeked at him over her shoulder. The husky quality of his voice made a shiver of wanton need race up her spine. It almost made her forget her plans to take this slowly.

This time it was Sarah who didn't answer, for she was just as tongue tied as her impatient lover.

She concentrated instead on maintaining her swagger, sashaying her way towards the little table she had asked Douglas to put there. She bent down to pick up the shallow bowl of herb scented oil  Megan had left  in her room as per Sarah's strict instructions.

it was still deliciously warm, good she thought.

Sarah chuckled under her breath when she heard Iain groan from across the room. Oh yes the man really was an arse man. Straitening, She made her way across the room, slowly, balancing the bowl with the oil while also trying to keep her knocking knees in check. It would be a damn shame now if she stumbled and fell to the floor with her arse in the air. Though she had a feeling her randy suitor wouldn't mind much.

"On your back, Mack," Sarah ordered softly, going for a little flippancy when it was the last thing she was feeling. She couldnt help the seductive smile curving her lips as she approached the bed.

Iain hardly heard her, the closer she drew to him, the more raspy his breathing became, and the more strained his expression. He felt like he was holding back a volcano. His clenched fists whitened with the pressure he exerted not to reach out and grab the siren, she was driving him to distraction.

He had thought he couldn't want Sarah anymore than he already did, that he couldn't desire her luscious body or those soft kissome lips with anymore fervor.

She had proven him wrong, God how she had proven him wrong.

The moment he had opened his eyes and looked at her, standing there across the room, smiling invitingly at him, something had snapped within him, these emotions raging to life had overwhelmed all semblance of control.

God only knew how he had held himself back, how he still held himself back as she stood right next to him with that cursed bowl. He didn't know what it contained but he was pretty sure she couldn't make him yearn to touch her any more than he already did.

The pleasure of wanting her was almost painful, as was the erection he couldn't hope to hide from her. Not that he wanted to. 'Twas far too late for that.

For once he was the helpless one, and he knew it. So did Sarah, judging from the look on that beautifull face of hers, and her mysterious smile had Iain grinding his teeth in his clenched jaw. The lass had exacted quite a revenge on him after all, her promise held him captive, while he hungered to devour her. Aye, she really was going to kill him with pleasure tonight.

"Get on your back Iain,"

Iain could only stare at the enticing fantasy standing there before him.

He swallowed.

"Why," he rasped, taking in the sight of those creamy breasts, the pink buds visible underneath intricate lace, wispy threads of nothing that he was just itching to rip off her body.

"You'll see,"

For once Iain couldn't find the strength to argue, not in his current condition. Every muscle in his body strained with the effort it took to lie there silently as she stood over him with that damnable bowl.

He did as she asked, maybe it was best he did get on his back, that way he wouldn't be able to ogle those luscious curves of hers, and he might just last a few minutes before unmanning himself before he got anywhere near her.

He decided he was horribly mistaken a scant second later, it looked like he wouldn't last long at all. He had to grit his teeth hard to quell the shout of pure frustration that bubbled up within him.

The bed shifted around him gently, as Sarah got on top. But that wasn't the end of it. Oh no, She didn't just sit on the bed covers like Iain hoped she would, nay she straddled his naked lower back instead, pushing him to the very limits of his control.

Iain thought he would burst from the sheer agony of having her thus. He had to reach down and adjust himself lest his straining member pushed them both off the bed.

"Naw what,"

"Now I am going to give you what we call a "massage" back in England. Just relax darling, this will calm you down a bit,"

Calm him down! was the daft lass serious, he almost told her as much but then he forget everything else as he groaned in sheer ecstasy when he felt those nimble fingers of hers go to work on the back of his neck. He couldn't control the tiny moans that escaped his lips when her gentle fingers ventured even lower. He even forgot all about his hasty promise when he felt her lower herself over him.

When the moist heat between her legs penetrated his skin 'twas all he could do to remain still under her tender ministrations.

Sarah could feel her breath catch, she was beginning to regret this idea of the massage, because it was turning her on just as much as it was Iain.

The sensation of the bunched muscles of his back strain and twitch every time she so much as brushed against them was indescribable, it made her feel powerful and weak at the same time.

The man had a cute butt too, hard and muscled just like the rest of him. Sarah wondered what Iain would think if she told him that, better not the voice of reason warned her.

"Is it working?"

"Is what working?"

"The massage?" Sarah repeated in a throaty whisper.

"What dae ye think?"

Sarah had to laugh. Even with his head turned, Sarah could picture the sardonic lift of that mobile mouth, the incredulously raised eyebrow, the mulish flexing of his square jaw. Oh yes her dragon was ready to breath fire, and this time she wanted to burn right up.

"Alright," she said, "You can turn around now,"

She was almost pitched off and under him before she rallied her scattered wits and scurried away to the side. This little show wasn't over yet, she thought, not by a long shot.

"Naw What?"

"We are still not done yet, honey,"

She silenced his impatient response by planting a quick kiss on his open mouth. That it ended up lasting a lot longer than the seconds she had planned didn't really surprise either of them.

Sarah welcomed the aggressive push of Iain's tongue into her mouth. This time he didn't grant her any quarter, his mouth made plenty sure she knew exactly how he was feeling. Her fingers bunched in the soft hairs at his nape as Sarah answered back in kind, nipping at his lower lip, making him groan.

It was only when she felt his hands reach for her that Sarah remembered her mission. She pulled away from him a little, and straddled him once more. The harsh sound of his indrawn breath made her pulse race.

She didn't say a word, her labored breathing and the rise and fall of her breasts said all there was to say. The glazed look in his eyes, told her louder than words that Iain too was almost beyond the point of no return.

She dipped her fingers in whatever was left of the oil once more. The droplets slid across her slender wrists like dew drops. And Iain's look of mesmerized fascination almost did her in.

Slowly Sarah lowered her hand to his chest. Loving the tiny fissions of awareness that sizzled up her fingertips when she felt the silky hair there. His breathing increased its tempo, his stomach clenched into a rock hard plane as her fingers glided lower, over the vast expanse. When they reached their destination Iain almost jumped up off the bed.

She didn't get to stroke him for long though before he galvanized into action, out of his mind with need.

"Nay Sarah," He rasped, "That is nae the way I want ye tae massage that part of me,"

And before she could say oopsie daisy, he had her pinned underneath his hulking body.

"Time I gave ye a wee massage of ma own,"

And then their bodies united with an almost violent need.

The feelings Iain had been holding in, barely leashed, finally broke free in a torrent of raw passion  that blindsided them both.

He drove into her with an overwhelming power, again and again, until they were both panting, mindless in wanton abandon.

His shouts melded with her uninhibited moans and neither of them could escape the sheer explosiveness of the moment.

When Iain lowered his hand and rubbed the tiny nub of flesh between her legs, it nearly drove her insane. when he used his other hand to knead the flesh over her breast and use his thumb to tease her nipples into hardened buds she almost lost her mind. Sarah barely felt the scrape of his whiskered jaw as it scratched against the creamy soft skin of her neck, barely noticed the gentle little nip of his mouth as he suckled her engorged nipples, laving first one and then the other with his hungry tongue, nor did she realize she had scratched up a storm all across Iain's smooth back.

Her body was a wild mass a sensations.

All she could do was feel, as Iain shoved her over the precipice of no return before following her down.

She whispered his name over and over like a desperate mantra, her entire being splintered into a thousand little pieces. The climax hit her like a bulldozer.

She felt Iain convulse above her as he too reached his own nirvana.

And all Sarah could do in that moment was hold the tears in, hold those desperate words of love in, that screamed within her for release.

In the aftermath Sarah held Iain to her, his massive body racked with shivers while he panted for breath just like her.

There was nothing but silence around them, silence and the scent of their wild lovemaking in the air.

Sarah wanted to hold onto this feeling for ever, wanted to somehow lock it in her memories so it would never fade. She wanted to hold this man in her arms for the rest of eternity and beyond and never let him go.

She wanted to love.....

And that was the word that gave her pause.

For not even in the depths of his blinding passion had Iain so much as uttered the words she most longed to hear.

After tonight she knew with every cell in her body that Iain wanted her with a rawness even he couldn't control, but could she really be satisfied with passion, when she had given him everything in her.

Sarah had to fight back the tears of despair that threatened to spill from her eyes as she realized the answer to that question.

Pride might be her downfall but Sarah knew in her heart she could never be satisfied for long if Iain didn't return her love. She just couldn't.

For a minute she wondered if she should just ask him point blank now, how he felt, and then she forced herself to keep quiet.

Pride again, she despaired, it really was her downfall.

For his part Iain too was in the midst of his own personal dilemma.

He lifted himself off of Sarah, and turned to lie on his back. But he didn't just leave her lying there, he pulled her prone body close, her head resting on his shoulder.

"I did nae hurt ye did I, Lass?"

"What dae ye think?" Sarah mimicked his own imperious way of asking that very same question not so very long ago.

The saucy reply had him grinning.

Bending down Iain brushed his lips tenderly along her unlined forehead in a gentle kiss.

He sighed with pleasure when she snuggled closer. 'Twas as if they were made for one another, he thought in a moment of honest introspection. Everything about her, from her smile, to her rebellious nature to their incredible love making, lightened his heart.

A sudden frown replaced his smile, he was just glad Sarah was too preoccupied with yawning to pay him any heed.

Sarah hadn't once, not a single time, even when she was in the throes of passion, say that she loved him. Granted he wasn't an authority on the topic but the lass should admit that she loved him by now shouldn't she? especially since Hugh had assured him she did.

Aye he had said no woman would put up with an ingrate like him if she didn't love him.

And how Iain prayed that was the case.

For he had just realized himself how madly in love he was with his infuriating Sarah.

She had turned his life upside down, but all he could think about was her smile, she had challenged and disobeyed him at every turn but all he could keep his mind on was the way she looked standing there in that damn scandalous attire which still clung to her slender body, now merely a torn, crumpled, shredded mess, with those strange shoes still tied to her slender ankles.

He couldnt forget the way she had looked walking around the room with her barely covered rear end, driving him crazy.

The memory brought a smile to his lips.

To think she had done all of this for him, Iain could not even begin to fathom how that made him feel. For once in his sorry life Iain felt profoundly grateful for everything he had. He could almost believe there was a God, for his Sarah was surely a gift from the divine. And he meant to hang onto her with every fibre of his being.

Aye he loved her, and the feeling filled his chest with a peculiar tightening untill he could feel it almost burst with the strain..

Damn Iain scowled, just what I need, he thought.

So much for being the sensible one, so much for keeping her in check. Like an idiot he had gone and surrendered his heart to a testy lass who didn't even have the good sense to tell him she loved him first.

He felt like shaking her to get her to admit it, but a curious fear held him back.

He hated to admit it but he was scared.

Iain stared down at the shining crown of her head nestled underneath his chin, her fingers drawing idle circles in the hair on his chest and he was hard pressed not to confess all to her.

But a long forgotten memory held him back, a memory of a little boy seeking love from the one source where it should have stemmed unconditionally.

His father had always said he couldn't be loved, that he didnt deserve to be loved, that no one would ever love him. And loathe as he was to confront it, somewhere in the back of his mind Iain had begun to believe it too.

He had hid this vulnerable part of his being, killed it off long ago, and he couldnt believe he still retained any feelings after all this time, and the life he had led.

"So you never told me how you liked my final surprise,"

Iain forced his mind away from his painful doubts, "Twas passable,"

Sarah slapped his chest, hard,

"why you ungrateful wretch, if you think for one minute....."

Iain swooped down and stole a kiss. A long leisurely exploration that stole both their breaths.

"Twas the best surprise of ma life,lass. Thaer are ye happy naw?"

"That will do, sir," Sarah chortled good humor restored.

She rested her head on his shoulder and once again the room was engulfed in a thoughtful silence.

"How about all my other surprises,"

"Ye just can nae let it be, can ye lass?"

At her mock glare Iain sighed.

He better satisfy the lass or else there wouldn't be much sleeping going on tonight. And he had a very full day tomorrow.

Yawning he decided to placate her.

"I can learn tae live wi' 'em. Just as long as thaer are nae anymore of 'em waitin tae jump out at me,"

"You don't sound very enthusiastic, dear," Sarah said, tongue in cheek. "I could have swore you enjoyed one or two of them more than you are letting on."

Iain laughed, forgetting all about sleeping, all of a sudden another need flared to life within him.

"Aye, yer right, mayhaps one or two of 'em were better than the others,"

He lifted her hand and kissed the slender fingers. Licking at the scented oil that still clung there, like sweet nectar, "I liked the massage," he whispered softly.

Sarah gasped when he lowered her hand and placed it over his erection.

"Iain," she choked, stunned, the man really was a bull.

From the granite hardness underneath her fingertips one would think he hadn't just tumbled her five minutes ago.

When he chuckled at her response she decided to finish where she had left off the last time he had so rudely interrupted her.

"So how about I finish the massage," she said huskily, surprising Iain by jumping up and straddling him yet again, "Stay absolutely still, this may take a little while."

And before Iain could even guess at her intensions, she bent over him and replaced her fingers with her wet tongue and mouth.

His groan, loud and painful, forced a giggle out of Sarah.

But he didn't stop her, nor did she, until this time it was Iain yelling out her name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 3.1K 11
Samhain. All Hallows' Eve. The most mystical night of the year. The time when the veil between the worlds became perilously thin. And with a full moo...
1.4M 61K 41
Since being liberated from the Romans, the hatred has shifted towards the Highlanders of the North. Her father swore that not one of his children wou...
1.9K 56 10
Once upon a time, as most stories begin with, in the hidden heart of Ireland, there was a very handsome prince named Sean. He was rich beyond compare...
121K 9.2K 30
{Featured Story!} #1 in Supernatural #48 in Romance #5 in Historical Fiction "They say at night, the howls of wolves echo across the land, and in t...