Our Fate.

By Proud-To-Be-Muslim

[ Ranking on No. 2 . 01/05/22] "We are Married" Three words break everything in Khadija life. How easy it was... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Epilogue.
You Captured My Heart.
One Shot Stories (New Book)
The Fiction Awards 2016.
She Left Me Alone.

Chapter 23.

12K 655 30
By Proud-To-Be-Muslim

Chapter 23.

---------------

'What are they doing here?' Was the one question come in my mind when I saw them. Then my mind filled with question.Why are they here? Did they come for him? Did he tell them to come here? I thought his marriage was fixed. Well, that is what Hira Bhabhi told me when she come back from her home.

Rauhan and His family come here to take my hand for marriage. I can't believe. This is a dream. A beautiful dream. I lowered my gaze and closed my eyes telling myself this all is a dream. I count to 10 thinking when I open it again everyone will be gone but they aren't. When I open my eyes I looked up and my eyes locked with a pair of green eyes.

'This is not a dream. This is true.' I thought and smile mentally.

"Khadija." Again someone called me. I looked and saw his Mom sitting next to him with an apologetic look."I want to say sorry for what I did to you back in Pakistan. I was just worried about Rauhan. I have no personal issues with you, it is just someone put wrong things about you in my mind. I am really sorry for behaving like that. I also apologized Yasir for it."

"You don't have to say Sorry Aunty. I completely understand. I was just upset that people think whatever happen in my past was all happened because of me." I told her honestly with a small smile. She smiled back and starts talking to Mom.

Everyone was busy expect me and Rauhan. I looked around to avoid his stare. I saw Yasir Bhai, Asim and Usama Bhai talking about something serious. Hira Bhabhi and Aminah were talking with Mom, Aunty and Rauhan's Mom. Our Dads were also busy in talking.  His continuous stare making me uncomfortable.

"Um... I think we should give them sometime alone." Hira Bhabhi suggest. Everyone agreed expect Yasir Bhai. After many struggle he go with Asim and Usama Bhai. We were sitting across from each other.

I was looking down quietly and didn't say anything. I wanted to ask so many questions but I feel like someone keep me quiet from asking it. The question I wanted to ask badly is what make him think to do all this and How his Mom agreed to him marrying me?

Rauhan

It has been two days since I told my final decision to everyone. Two day without talking anyone. Two day since I leave my room. Two days of thinking about what will happen next.

I took a long relaxing shower and finally decide to go out. I wasn't going because I got bored. I am going to drop Hira at airport. Today she's going back. She came here for a week to do what she plan. But plan didn't work so she is going soon.

I went downstairs to and saw her bags in front of door and she was hugging Mom and Dad before she leave. Dad didn't come to me to ask questions about my decision. We stop at office and she says goodbye to Shaheer and Shehroz who also are upset with my decision. We drove to airport in silence. We didn't say anything since two days.

"What did I say to Khadija?" Hira asked me. We were sitting in waiting area and wait for her flight to be call.

"What you mean?" I asked confused.

"I told her I am coming here to make Mom ready for your marriage. If she asked anything by chance then what should I say?" She asked quietly. I just stare at her in surprised. She tell her why she is coming here.

"Did you tell her anything happening here?" I asked back.

"No."

"Tell her my marriage is fixed."I said swallowing a big lump. She looked at me and nodded. Her flight announced and she stood up. She turned around to walk but didn't go. She turned again and hugged me tightly. This is when I break into tears again. I hugged her back with same grip.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay." She comforts me. I nodded while hugging her. I get control on myself and finally let her go. She take a step back and smile slight. I smiled back and she turned around to walk toward securities check in.

When I get home Mom called Saima Aunty and they were discussing things on phone. I quietly walked from passed her and went upstairs in my room before I could shut the door, Dad come in with a red face.

"What you think you are doing Rauhan Malik." Dad yelled at me. I looked at him in shocked. He never yelled at me. Not when I was child, not even when I grown up.

"Dad what happened?" I asked knowing what he mean. Dad looked at me and take a step toward making me scared and took back two.

"You don't know what happened? You don't know what you did? You don't know you are spoiling your whole life with that girl. What is your problem Rauhan? When I told you I am with you then why don't you believe me?" He throw all his questions at me. Questions that he wanted to ask in two days.

"Dad what I did was to stop fighting between you and Mom. I already told you guys I don't want to see or heard any fights because of me."

"Rauhan, if you think you do this to stop our fights then you are wrong. We still fight on our choice. You think this all make me shut up but it doesn't. It make me do fight even more. I swear Rauhan, if you marry that girl I never forgive you or your Mom. I will leave you all."

"But Dad listen to me-" he cut me off.

"No, you listen to me. You are doing this to make your Mom happy not stopping everything happening here. Tell me honestly, did you ever stop yourself thinking about her? Did you ever think Khadija of living with someone else?" He asked with burning eyes. I looked away and didn't say anything.

"Answer me!" He shouted.

"No, I could never stop myself thinking about her. I could never think about her living with someone else. It hurt me Dad. It hurt me even more to see you and Mom like this. Please Dad for me accept my decision. Please Dad." I begged him on my knees. He shook his head and walked away slamming the door behind him. I couldn't do anything in this.

'Sorry Dad but I have to do this.'

3 days later.

I woke up and prayed to get everything normal. Dad was true of his words. He left next day after he lectured me on my decision. It has been 3 days without seeing and talking to him. We don't know where he went. I know he want sometime alone so he could think about it.

After breakfast I went to office. When I enter in my office I saw a bundle of files waiting for me to check. I sighed heavily and started to work. I check files and sign it before sending it to Shaheer. They come to meet me and lecture me on what I do few days ago. Hira told them about it. They yelled at me for not thinking about myself.

A phone ring make me stop doing my work. I sighed and pick it up.

"Rauhan Malik, speaking."

"Rauhan, when you will be back?"it was Mom. I check the time and was surprised to see its 6 pm. Time flew very fast.

"I am on my way. Why?" I asked and started to pack my things.

"I want to talk about your marriage." I stop on what I was doing and swallow a lump.

"Okay Mom. I will be at home soon." I hung up without waiting for her answer. I pick up my things and drove off to home. When I get there I saw Dad car in driveway. Finally he is back. I should apologize on how I talk to him.

When I enter in living room, I saw Dad and Mom talking and smiling. This also make me smile. At least they started to talk and finish their differences.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum Mom, Dad." I greet them walking toward them. Dad stood up and give me a tight hug. I hugged him back and smell his strong perfume. Called it weird but I love smelling my Dad perfume. It make me feel close to him.

"I miss you Dad." I mumbled hugging him. He chuckle and patted my back. I smiled and pulled away.

"How are you?" He asked sitting back on his seat. I sit on single couch.

"I am good. How are you? Where were you?" I asked him. He smile softly.

"I went to visit Hira."

"And we are also going to visit them tomorrow." Mom informed me. I looked at her confused. She wants to talk about my marriage then how Hira come in between it?

"Why? Did something happened there?" I asked worriedly. They chuckle making me confused.

"No, but something is going to happen."

"What?"

"Your Marriage." As they said that I sat there shocked. What they did mean by that?

"What you mean? Saima Aunty live here not there."

"You're not marrying Saima's daughter Rauhan. We are going to Khadija's house to ask her hand for you." Mom explained me while I sat there completely shocked. Did I hear her right? Did she really going there for me? But why suddenly she change her mind?

"Why? Why suddenly you change your decision Mom?" I couldn't help myself from asking it.

"Because I can't see my son doing compromise for me. If marrying her make you and your Dad happy then I will give her a chance to prove herself. To prove what I thought about her was all wrong.This is only for you. I couldn't see you unhappy." Mom spoke softly. My eyes watered as she told me how much my happiness mean to her. I stood up and give her a big hug.

This is what I love about my Mom. She never see any of us unhappy or doing compromise. She even ready to give Khadija a chance. I know someday will come when Mom will be proud on my choice.

After that Mom and Dad talk with Usama family and told them we are coming there tomorrow. We are staying a day at hotel before we went to meet them. While we were on our way to them Usama family talk to them for us. I hope they agree to meet us. Yasir didn't stop all this.

Next day.

We landed on Texas and walk out from airport. We drove to hotel and get in our rooms. After taking some rest we went to meet Hira. Everyone was there when we get there. Even Asim and Yasir were also there.

When Yasir saw Mom I could feel him mad when he looked at us. I was hoping Mom didn't say anything but she surprise us when she apologize to Yasir for her mistake. Hira keep teasing me but soon stop when I glare at her. This is the good reason of being a big brother. After few talk with Usama and Asim, Yasir took me away from them saying he wants to ask something.

"Why are you doing all this? What is the reason behind this? I know something you have to do with Khadija that is why you come here. Tell me." Yasir said in low but threaten voice.

"I am not doing anything Yasir. There is no reason behind this. I want to be with her, to protect her and to keep her safe. I don't know if you understand or not I like her and want to spend my whole life with her. I promise I never do anything by which she get hurt."I told him honestly. He looked at me blankly.

"If I ever saw her hurt because of you or anyone, you will regret it. I swear, I will find you and kill you for hurting my sister again." He said with deep voice. I swallow hard and nodded.

"I promise, you never get that chance to do it." I promised. He nodded and get back inside.

After dinner Yasir and Asim left for their home. Asim told me he is enjoying his work and was living here with Khadija's family. At first I was confused from which side he is her cousin but then he told me he's from her mother side.

We also get back to hotel and in our rooms.Tomorrow we are going there for lunch. Asim told me Khadija decide something about this meeting but he didn't tell me anything about it. He only told me she will go for Istikhara not matter if she likes me or not. I also suggest the same. I will not do anything without knowing what Allah wants.

Next day.

I was very nervous. I am in Usama house and in his home with him and Hira. They both were making fun of me while I am that nervous that my hands were shaking in fear of rejecting.

"Calm Down Rauhan. Everything will be okay." Usama said from bed where he was sitting with Hira.

"You don't know how nervous I am feeling. What if she doesn't want to meet me? What if she reject me?" I said pacing in their room. They rolled their eyes at me.

"Rauhan, she never do these things. We know her, maybe she get shocked but she do anything what you think." Hira try to comfort me but that's not helping.

 "Its time to go." Dad inform us a she walk in room. He looked at me and his eyes lit up. He walk over and hugged me tightly. This is what I need right now.

"My Son is looking handsome." He compliment me smiling.

"Thanks Dad." I thank him. I was wearing my new Black suit with light blue shirt underneath. Blue color is Khadija's favorite. This is what Hira told me.

"Hurry up let's go." Dad told us last time and walk out. I closed my eyes and take a deep breath when I open it back. I frowned and feel a little protective to my sister.

"Take off your hands." I told Usama when I saw his hands on Hira's shoulder.

"What why?" He asked confused.  I take a step forward and pulled her toward me.

"When you guys are with me. I don't want any touching. Get it." I told him. Maybe they were married now but still she is my little sister and I can't see her in his arms. I know this is weird but this is what I want.

We went downstairs and drove to her house.As her house getting close, my nervousness getting high. I meet her parents before but the look of her Dad face still in my mind. The look he give me very dangerous but I know why he do that. Her Mom was the sweet person. I want to know her full family including her relatives. I want to know everything about her.

By the time we were in front of her house.Dad ring the bell and her Mom and Dad open it. They have the warm smile on their face when they greet us. They took us inside to their living room where I first sit when I come here.

Usama sister, His Mom and Khadija Mom put snacks in front of us. Aminah went upstairs while all Moms sat and talk about themselves. I sat there quietly waiting for them to ask something or to call Khadija so I could see her. As her Dad reading my mind he asked me question.

"So Rauhan, what do you do?" He asked smiling slightly.

"I am the owner of Gossip Magazine." I answer his question with same smile. He nodded and ask me different questions about myself. Then suddenly Mom asked to call Khadija. Hira give me a smirk and went upstairs to her room. It take five minutes to comedown and in those five minutes my eyes were glued on door where she enter. Then she did, she had a tray of drinks. She didn't looked up and I couldn't stop myself from looking her. She's looking beautiful in that long purple dress. I never saw her looking this beautiful before not even at Hira wedding.

I was so lost in looking her I forget the glare I was receiving from Yasir. He practically try to kill me from his death glares. I quickly look down. I heard Mom apologizing Khadija and Khadija answer make me better. I didn't know how she forgive Mom but by her answer I feel she was never mad or angry with her. But she was upset and that's why she keep distance with me.

"Um... I think we should give them sometime alone" Hira suggest making me thank her for that. Everyone leave including Yasir who try to stay here but Usama and Asim take him with them.

After we were alone none of us say anything. I saw her as she play with her fingers. Did I talk first or she? I waited for few minutes but she didn't say anything. I decide to start our conversation. Everytime I open my mouth to say something but I quickly shut it thinking what should I say?

"Assalam-o-Alaikum" She give her Salam in soft voice.

"Uh... Walaikum Assalam" I also give my Salam and get quiet. This is so awkward. "How are you?"

"Good. How are you?" She asked back.

"I am fine now." I told her honestly.

"Why did you came here?" Her question left me shocked. Didn't she want to be with me? Didn't she happy to see me here? I thought she get happy but she doesn't.

"I- I-" I stuttered. My words caught in my throats thinking she is not happy.

"Are you not happy?" I asked swallowing a big lump and hoping she answer what I want to listen.

"No, it is not that. It's just... I am surprised to see you here for my marriage." She admit with a light blush on her cheeks. I smile at the blush. She look more beautiful with that blush.

"I don't know about you but I came here for you. I came here to make you mine. I like you Khadija and I am not doing this for any reason." I explain her truthfully. She looked at me for few seconds before looking down again.

"Okay" this is all she says. As I think this is over we walk in dining room where everyone was seated for lunch.There were many things to eat and they say Khadija made it. I couldn't wait to taste her food.

When lunch was finished and everyone is back in living room they asked about our answered and we says Istikhara will be the best way to get answer. We get back to hotel and take some rest. We are going back tonight. They say they will tell us about it in few days.

Mom and Dad decide to also do Istikhara in our way. I know Mom accept her but I can tell there are still doubts about her in her mind. That's why they decide it. I don't mind what Mom do. It is just her for satisfaction.

'Please the answer will be in Yes.' I prayed silently before going to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it. Tell me what you think about this chapter and what about Rauhan Mom.

Votes, Comments & Share.

-Maddy.!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
2.6M 109K 70
Excuse me!? .. What? Marriage? What marriage are you talking about?" I shouted. Shreya, you are being called. You start in exactly 1.5 minutes. Hurr...
500K 24.5K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
64K 5.4K 70
Sometimes our past memories ruin our present. There are people who don't let their past ruin the present. But there are some who can't move on from p...