5 Reasons To Love Again

By writemebaby1moretime

Delphine Williams is starting over. Now a widow, she looks for a new life in Charleston, SC for herself and h... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131

Chapter 74

13.5K 585 23
By writemebaby1moretime

We spent the nine minutes just making out on the kitchen counter. Nothing heavy, just kissing but it was a lot of fun. I pulled the biscuits out of the oven when they were done and while they cooled down Chase helped me clean up the kitchen. After setting the biscuits on a plate and covering them with plastic wrap, I pulled out some disinfectant wipes from under the sink and wiped off the counters.

Chase looked on approvingly and said, "I'm glad that you do that. So many people get food poisoning and bacteria from the counters in their kitchen."

I nodded and said, "Yeah, that's why I try to keep the counters clean. Are you ready to veg out on the couch again?"

He looked at his watch and looked surprised. "Well, that didn't take very long at all. By all means, let us go veg out on the couch again."

Chase picked me up again with his hands under my butt, so I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He carried me like that to the living room and dropped me onto the couch before sitting next to me and pulling me close to his side. I cuddled into him and his arm was around me comfortably. I found the remote on the seat next to me so I turned on the tv and asked him what he liked to watch.

He shrugged and said, "Oh, whatever you want should be fine."

I flipped through the guide and said teasingly, "Ok, so Grey's Anatomy is fine?"

Chase gave me a light smack on my hip and said, "Anything but medical dramas! I need to get my mind off of work!"

I giggled and said, "Alright so porn it is."

He burst out laughing and said, "Wait till I tell the guys about this! We really did find the perfect girl for us. She cooks, cleans, can hold a decent conversation, is so incredibly beautiful and she watches porn!"

I felt my cheeks start to turn pink. "I don't watch porn! I never said that I did."

"Maybe you do in secret." he teased me. He thoughtfully tapped his chin with a finger. "Hmmm...what is on Delphine's iPad?"

I gave him a light smack on the shoulder, "You know darn well that there is nothing like that on there!"

He leaned his head down close to me and I expected a kiss from his but as he hovered an inch away from my lips, his hand stole the remote from and he pulled back. "Ha! I am the king of the couch now. I have claimed the remote."

I giggled at his silliness, secretly glad that he was able to relax and cut loose on his rare days off. We cuddled together and watched some reruns of a comedy show. After that we headed out to lunch. He took me to the Korean place as promised and I ordered the spicy seafood tofu stew and Chase ordered the spicy calamari dish. We shared our food, had our fill of kimchi and had a great time. I didn't even see the mean waitress from last time. Excusing myself to visit the ladies room, I used the facilities and fixed my lip gloss before going back to the table. To my surprise, there was a stack of to-go boxes in a couple of bags on the table and Chase was leaving a tip on the table.

"Where did those boxes come from?" I asked him.

"Oh, I ordered some things to go. These fancy dinners like the one tonight never fill you up and it will probably resemble something close to dried out chicken with a dollop of a special sauce. Besides, I we will probably work up an appetite later tonight. We can have a midnight feast!"

I grinned at him. "That's a pretty good idea. I like it."

We both carried a bag of food out to the car and he wouldn't let me peek into the containers to see what he got. "That's for later tonight!" he scolded me playfully. The car ride home was uneventful but pleasant with us talking about different things. I still had a lot of personal details to learn about them.

When we got home, Chase took the food and put it in the fridge. "C'mon sweetie, lets go hit the hot tub and get relaxed for tonight."

"Ok, but first let me check on the crock pot." I said and went to the kitchen and stirred up the stew. It was coming along nicely so I turned it down to low and set the lid back on. Going to my room, I chose a pale pink bikini to wear and threw that on. It was cute with a few ruffles across the bottom and the bandeau top had ruffles too. I put on the white cover up over it and put my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. Grabbing my phone, I opened my bedroom door to find Chase waiting for me in the hallway with towels for each of us. 

He grinned at me and held his hand out. I took it and we went downstairs, then outside to the what I now refer to as the hot tub hut. Inside, he immediately turned on the lights, tv and bubbles. I pulled off the cover up, hung it up and set my phone down on the bench. Chase put the towels down on the bench and got bottles of water for us.

He turned to me and smirked. "That's really cute on you. Love the pink and the ruffles."

I smiled and thanked him. We got into the water and he put his arm around my shoulders. The water felt good and I let myself relax and soon my muscles were like putty. Especially my thigh muscles which had been getting quite a workout lately. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on Chase's arm. I must have dozed off because I woke up to soft kisses on my lips.

"Hey there, wake up sweetheart." Chase said to me in between the kisses.

My eyes fluttered open and I responded back to his kisses opening my mouth slightly to give him access. His tongue played with mine for a few minutes and then he pulled back. "Sorry for waking you up but I can't let you sleep in here and get cooked." he teased me with a smile.

"Sorry," I said to him, "my sleep has been kind of interrupted lately."

 "I can't imagine why," he said laughing softly, "Don't worry, it's all so new right now and our appetites should calm down soon."

"I wasn't complaining though. I've been as bad as the guys." I admitted to him blushing.

"Absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are a healthy woman in her prime and it's been a while for you. We are building a physical connection with you along with an emotional one."

 I smiled at him and slid onto his lap. Lifting up my hand I caressed his cheek and gave him a little kiss on the mouth. "I love you." I told him.

His eyes widened and then he looked so happy. "I love you too." Then he gave me a sweet kiss full of promise for tonight. Helping me stand up, he got out of the water and I got out too. We dried off and I put my cover up on. Chase handed my bottle of water and told me to drink more of it so that I wouldn't get dehydrated. "I want you feeling good tonight when we go out," he told me as we walked back in to the house, "hopefully you will have fun."

"If I'm with you, of course I'm going to have fun!" I reassured him.

As we walked up the stairs, I grabbed his arm to check the time on his watch. "Oh, I still have lots of time to get ready for tonight. Maybe I can sneak in a nap." I said to him.

He smiled indulgently at me. "I think that you can. I'm going to also. Want to take one together?"

I nodded and said, "Go get showered and then come to my room and we can take a nap."

Back in my room, I stripped off the bikini and took a quick shower rinsing off and shaved my body again. I dried off and put on a comfy pair of shorts and tee-shirt. Chase knocked on my door and I opened it for him. He came in and we got comfortable on the bed. I turned the alarm on my iPad and set it on the nightstand, making sure it was plugged in. I pulled the covers up over us and we cuddled and drifted off into sleep.

Waking up when the alarm went off, we took a few minutes in bed to fully awaken before we got out of it. Chase hung out in my room watching a movie on my iPad while I painted my finger nails a pale shade of pink. I decided to paint my toes to match and watched the movie for a few minutes with Chase while they dried. Going into my bathroom, I closed the door almost all the way and  stripped off my clothes and underwear. I used the pineapple lotion all over my body and then put on a short silky black robe. I opened the bathroom door all the way so that I could still talk with Chase and worked on my makeup. After putting a foundation on, I chose some neutral brown eye shadows and black eyeliner and mascara. Chase abandoned the movie and leaned on the doorway to the bathroom and watched me put on my face powder and a sheer pink lipstick.

"I didn't realize that so much work went into putting on makeup. All those brushes and things." Chase remarked looking over the counter in front of me littered with makeup and applicators.

I giggled and said, "What? Living in a house full of men and you've never watched a woman put on makeup before?"

He laughed too and said, "Yeah, I've never had the opportunity."

After putting the makeup away in my case, (I kept out the face powder and lipstick) I went to work on my hair using mousse to tame my hair into waves. Using pins, I gathered up my hair into an artistically messy side bun with a few tendrils on the sides of my face.

"You look beautiful." Chase told me admiringly and came up behind me to put his hands on my shoulders. Leaning down he kissed my neck and said, "I need to get ready myself. Let me know if you need help with anything."

I laughed and waved him out. "Go get yourself pretty."

He grinned and left for his room. I went over to the bed and made it up again so that I could lay my dress on it. I also pulled out my nude heels and put the jewelry box on top of the dresser. I went to my underwear drawer and pulled out a lacy light pink pair of panties and a matching strapless bra. I mentally thanked Preston for being thoughtful enough to ensure that I had the perfect thing to wear under the dresses. Putting those on, I walked over to the dress and unzipped it. Pulling it on, I zipped up the back but could only reach so far. Then I remembered I needed Preston to help zip it up at the store when I tried it on.

Just then there was a knock on my door and I opened it with one hand since my other was holding up the dress.  Wyatt and Lexine stood there. He let out a wolf whistle and Lexine smiled at me. Telling them to come in, I told Wyatt that I needed his help to zip up the dress. I turned my back to him and he took his time dragging his fingers on my skin as he zipped it up all the way. He winked at me when I turned back around to face him.

"Can you do me a favor Wyatt? In the kitchen I have the crockpot going full of beef stew. Check on it to make sure that it's ready for you guys to eat. I made biscuits too and they can be heated up in the microwave."

"What? You made us dinner? You didn't have to do that! But I'm glad that you did!" he said enthusiastically and took off shutting the door behind him.

"You look pretty Mommy!" Lexine told me. I smiled and gathered her into a big hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I asked her about her day and she chattered on. I listened while I got a light pink beaded clutch purse from the closet and put the lipstick, powder compact and cell phone into it. Opening the jewelry box, I fastened the earrings onto my ears and then put the necklace on.

Lexine admired the jewelry and reached up to touch the beautiful stones with a finger. I let her "look" with her hands and told her that she could wear them too when she was old enough. I sat down on the bed to put my shoes on. "Lexine, the guys are going to watch you tonight and put you to bed. Mommy and Chase are going to a special party tonight, ok?"

"I know Mommy. Is it a birthday party? With balloons?" she asked me innocently.

I laughed and hugged her, "No baby, it's not a birthday party. It's one of those fancy dress up parties."

She nodded and said, "Oh, well... I hope that you have fun anyways."

To a kid, those kind of parties must seem boring, I thought. She was adorable though and I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I could hardly believe that the reflection was of me. I looked cool, confident and expensive. I picked up my purse and motioned to Lexine to follow me downstairs. I turned off the lights to the room and we walked downstairs. About halfway down I realized that the guys were there at the bottom waiting for me.

"Wow." one of them said out loud. There was nothing but admiration and smiles on their faces. Chase looked fantastic in a tuxedo. He held out a hand to me to help me down the last few steps. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Preston do the same for Lexine which made her smile with happiness. I gave Preston a look of gratitude for making sure that she didn't feel ignored. Lexine held her arms up to Preston and he picked her up.

Each guy except for Chase gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to have fun tonight and thanked me for dinner. I gave Lexine a kiss too when it was Preston's turn and told her to have fun with the guys.

"Ready to go?" Chase asked me and I nodded and said yes. We walked out the front door waving goodbye to everyone and got into Chase's car and we were off to the dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 7.9K 55
This is a fan-fiction story based on the characters in C.L. Stone academy stories. Sang has moved to a new place with her family and is trying to be...
412K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...
77K 4.9K 13
At the Sorenson Academy for Girls, girls must be poised, proper, perfect -- or else. The unwanted daughter of the Sorenson Academy's Mistress, Sang r...
56.7K 2.4K 12
This is a story that was posted on the forum by Jen123v. She has not moved to wattpad, but it is being posted here for you to enjoy if you did not ge...