Guardian

By Ash02ley1

Jason is a lonely 11 year old boy whose parents died just 2 years ago. He lives at an orphanage where he is b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thanks + Announcement

Chapter 14

36 3 2
By Ash02ley1

I looked down at the floor below and gasped at the horrible scene before me. There stood Dark, panting heavily with a large silver collar around his neck. His black claws were stained red, and blood was slowly dripping from his shoulder and from a few gashes on his sides. He was facing off against a large black creature that had just as many or more wounds. Its tail was swishing back and forth, but it looked like it was about to keel over.

I glanced to the right to see that one already had. The black shape was lying motionless as its blood stained the white tile floor. Tears started to silently flow down my cheeks as only one question came to mind.

"Why?" I asked pitifully, "Why would you make him do this?"

"This is what he was bred to do," Steros explained calmly, "to fight. He was made to be a weapon to use against our enemies. With special training, he could take on whole armies."

He turned to look down at me, "So you see, he cannot be your...friend. He's dangerous and needs to be kept here. It seems once again, you're lucky to be alive."

"No, you're wrong, Steros." I looked him dead in the eye, "You are wrong about Dark! He would never hurt me! I know what you're trying to do! Yes, he could have killed me when we first met, but he didn't! And you know why?"

Steros stayed silent.

"Because we were both alone!" I started shouting, "We both felt as if we were alone in the world and were hurting without anyone to go to! I lost my family and my friends, and he never had any! But now...we're all each other has...he might have left me, but only to protect me. I will not abandon him and there's nothing you can do or say to change that!"

"Jason?"

I spun around and saw that Dark was looking up at me, so many emotions reflected in his face. "Dark!" I called and rushed right up to the window.
"Jason, you're okay." He whispered. I saw a few tears run down his face. He looked down at his blood stained hands and his eyes widened.

"Oh god," he cried, "Jason, please don't look! I don't want you to see this!"

The creature had already fallen, the only way you could tell it was still alive was the rise and fall of its chest. "Dark, you don't have to do this! You don't have to kill it!"

"Oh, but he does." Steros said.

"No, I refuse!" Dark shouted, "Not while Jason is here! He's a little human, innocent and unexposed!"

"Then let's fix that." Steros pressed a button on a panel next to him. Suddenly, Dark screamed in pain and fell to one knee!

"What did you just do?!" I yelled.

"I just gave him a little shock." Steros replied coldly, "The shadow dog is of no use at this point, so he may as well finish it off. He just needs a little push." He pressed the button again. Dark howled and grabbed at his collar!

"No, please, stop!" I cried, "Dark!"

I tried to grab Steros, but two of the guards held me back. "Stop it! You're hurting him! Can't you hear him screaming?!"

"Quiet him." Steros ordered.

The guard that was holding me kicked the back of my knee really hard and I yelped in pain.

"Jason!" I heard Dark yell.

This sparked some sick interest in Steros. "Again." he ordered.

This time the other guard elbowed me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I gasped in pain and tried to catch my breath.

"Stop it, Steros!" Dark growled, "I swear I'll-"

The button was pressed again, and Dark was back on his knees.

"It's...it's fine, Dark." I wheezed, "I-I'm okay."

"Shut your trap!" one of the guards pushed me to the ground with full force and kicked me again for good measure. I groaned in pain and tried to stand up.

"That's it!" Dark snarled.

He started running toward the window, but Steros held down the button. Dark roared in fury and grabbed at the collar. I could see the sparks flying from the collar as he pulled with all his might. To everyones shock, he tore the metal collar apart and threw it to the side!

"We're leaving." Dark jumped up and smashed the lights, vanishing into the pitch blackness.

"Where'd he go?" one of the guards rushed up to a door and went to open it.

"No, you idiot!" Steros yelled, but he was too late.

The door merely cracked open and a jumble of shadows poured out. A very angry Dark formed out of the shadows and knocked all the guards away in one swipe.

"JASON!" Dark roared.

"Dark! Over here!" I answered.

He spun around and glared at the two guards holding me. They froze in his furious gaze and stared at him with wide eyes.

"Leave him." he growled.

The guards immediatly dropped me and turned tail.

"Dark!" I clumsily got to my feet and ran to him as fast as I could! He knelt down and I tackled him in a hug, tears streaming down my face.

"Jason, I'm so sorry." Dark apologized, "I-"

"It's okay," I interupted, "let's just get out of here."

Dark pulled away and gave me a smirk. "Right," he swooped me up and held me with one arm, "hang on."

Suddenly, a siren went off and bright red lights started flashing! "Security to Cell Block 3!" Steros ordered over an intercom, "I repeat Security to Cell Block 3! Subject 134 and the boy are escaping!"

I looked over Dark's shoulder and locked eyes with Steros. His hair was disheveled, and his lab coat was ripped in some places. His grey eyes, normally cold and emotionless, seemed to burn down into my deepest fears. His eyes were deranged and furious, the eyes of a madman. I was frozen in terror and clutched onto Dark.

It seemed as if time had stopped, but really only a couple seconds had gone by before Dark sprinted off. He busted through the door and easily knocked away the guards.

I closed my eyes and held onto Dark as he sped through the white halls at an amazing speed. Steros' look haunted me and I couldn't stop trembling.

Dark suddenly came to an abrupt stop. I looked up to ask why, but thats when I saw the wall of guards between us and an exit.

"Freeze!" One guard ordered, "Put the boy down, or we'll shoot."

My eyes widened as they all pointed their guns at us, aimed and ready to fire. Dark cursed under his breath and I could see he was trying to find an escape route.

"Put the boy down!"

Then, Dark slowly started to put me down, "You trust me, right?"

"What?"

He looked down at me, his white eyes searching mine, "Do you trust me?"

"Yeah, of course." I replied, wondering what he was planning.

Dark just nodded and stood up to face the men, "I hope none of you are afraid of the dark."

Quick as a flash, he busted the lights. I stood stock still as men began to shout orders and yell out. I flinched when I heard shots go off and I swear something whizzed past me! I heard what sounded like glass breaking and I got more and more worried.

Suddenly, I felt Dark's hands on my shoulders. "I will catch you." he promised.

Before I had a chance to ask, I felt myself being picked up and I saw a broken window ahead of me. "Wait, Dark, what are yo-" I was tossed out the window.

I screamed as the ground got closer and closer! I closed my eyes and braced for the impact, but it never came. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Dark smirking down at me. A smile crawled its way onto my face, and I started laughing.

"D-don't e-ever do that a-again!" I said inbetween fits of hysteric laughter.

Dark chuckled and held me closer, "No promises."

"There they are!" someone shouted from one of the top floors.

"Here we go again." Dark mumbled.

**********************************************************************
Wow, that was a long chapter! That took a lot out of me. Dark is a total badass though, right?
Please Comment, Vote, and Share to let me know you liked it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 0 14
Jason Clifton is a young boy at the age of 17. He is in Drifton Highschool where he recieves a lot of attention. Jason is one of the popular members...
35.9K 2.6K 18
Jason King is perfect. Whether it's the British accent, his flawless fashion sense or having been able to pick up life again after having been throug...
1.1K 41 37
Jason woke up in the morning after having a weird dream. Then that same day, something weirdest happened with his sister in the garden. He asked his...
194 0 26
Hi there, I'm Anna, and this is my story. I am a normal teenager, well not totally normal but I guess no one really is. But one day, my whole life wa...