The Cellar

By natashapreston

For months Summer is trapped in a cellar with the man who took her - and three other girls: Rose, Poppy, and... More

The Cellar - Chapter One
The Cellar - Chapter Two
The Cellar - Chapter Three
The Cellar - Chapter Four
The Cellar - Chapter Five
The Cellar - Chapter Six
The Cellar - Chapter Seven (Clover)
The Cellar (7)
The Cellar (8)
The Cellar (9)
The Cellar (10)
The Cellar (11)
The Cellar (12)
The Cellar (13)
The Cellar (14)
The Cellar (15)
The Cellar (16)
The Cellar (17)
The Cellar (18)
The Cellar (19)
The Cellar (20)
The Cellar (20 - Clover)
The Cellar (21)
The Cellar (22)
The Cellar (23)
The Cellar (24)
The Cellar (26)
The Cellar (27) Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Finding Rose
The Sequel
Your help/opinion please?
Publishing and Fan Funding!

The Cellar (25)

703K 23.9K 14.6K
By natashapreston

Enjoy...

Chapter 25

Clover’s POV

I slammed the door, leant against it and took a few deep breaths; they’re getting a warrant to search the house. My heart was beating too fast and I felt like I was going to collapse. They were going to split us all up; they were going to take the girls away from me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to think of a plan. We could all take off now but where would we go? As soon as the police found their room they would come looking for us although they only think I have Lily. My options weren’t good. I could sacrifice Lily to save the rest of us or take her too which would mean things would get a lot more complicated.

The thought of being separated made me feel sick, I loved them all and finally had the perfect family, occasionally Lily or Heather would say something or speak in a way that was not acceptable but they were quickly learning.

The only real option quickly became obvious. I calmly walked up to my bedroom and took the knife out of my top drawer, running my finger lightly over the razor sharp blade I sighed and prayed they could forgive me. I didn’t want it to end like this but none of us can live without the others so I knew what needed to be done, we all needed to die together, it’s the only way we won’t be separated.

I walked into my mother’s room, the smell of her perfume made the memories of my childhood came flooding in immediately. Her cold hard face stared down at me. That was the only face she had after Dad cheated on her. I never thought I would be scared of my Mother but that all changed when she found him in bed with that prostitute.

When I was six, before all this happened we were a happy family. My Dad worked hard at the factory and my Mum spent her days baking, cleaning the house and looking after us all. We would go on holidays every year and spend weekends camping or visiting family. I thought Dad was the perfect husband; he would bring her flowers every week and take her out to dinners.

I remember the day she found him in bed with that whore as if it were yesterday. Mum was visiting her parents for the day when the school called my grandparent’s house telling them that I wasn’t well and they couldn’t get an answer from my house. Mum came to school and picked me up immediately, bringing me some pain medication and a chocolate bar to make me feel better.

We walked in the house and heard noises coming from upstairs, Mum told me to stay downstairs but I followed her, not wanting her to go on her own. I crept up behind her just as she was slowly pushing the bedroom door open. What we saw will haunt me forever, some slut was sitting on top of my Dad; they were sweating and moaning, completely unaware that we were there.

My Mum suddenly lunged forward and ripped her off of Dad. I watched his face; he looked horrified to have been caught. I was frozen on the spot, still clenching the chocolate bar in my hand as I watched my Mum hitting the woman and screaming at her. Dad jumped out of bed, pulled on his boxers and tried to break up the fight. Eventually, he managed to hold Mum still and his whore grabbed her clothes and fled the house. My mum was still screaming at her, calling her every name she could think of, I remember being so shocked by the words she was using, I’d never heard her swear, ever.

She spun around and pushed Dad off her calling him dirty and shouting about how he’d ruined our perfect family. She made Dad pack his bags and leave the house, I never saw him again. She changed completely after that and would shout at me and hit me for making even the tiniest mess. I had to keep myself and the house spotlessly clean. She constantly worried that the prostitute had left her disgusting germs behind and pretty soon I worried about that too.

I thought she would get over it, that she would stop being angry at Dad and move on but she didn’t, she only got worse. I was terrified of her, she would be fine one minute and beating me the next. I should have run away but I didn’t feel like I could. When I was sixteen she started to try and make the perfect family again, with me. It felt wrong and at first I was sick after every time but I soon got used to it, I was happy to have a family again.

One day she started getting paranoid that prostitutes would ruin our lives again so we both decided that we would do something about them. I would go out and pick them up and bring them back here, the first time I watched her stab the prostitute I felt so calm and proud that we were trying to fix the world. Mum freaked out as soon as she was dead, there was a lot of blood and it took me hours to clean it to her standards.

We spent years looking for that same prostitute and eventually we found her sitting in a cafe. Mum made me follow her home, we kidnapped her that night and I watched my Mother torture her for seven hours before she finally killed her. She seemed to enjoy that so much and was actually happy but that only lasted two days before she was back to herself.

Just after my twenty second birthday she died of a heart attack in this room.

I kneeled down on the rug beside her bed where I’d found her that morning. I promised her that I would continue her work and I did, at first it was fine but I soon got lonely. I wanted the perfect family again and that’s when I found the flowers and made their room downstairs. They made me happy, made me whole and I would do anything to protect them.

I shook my head vigorously, ending my reminiscing. I looked down to see blood dripping out of my fist making me feel instantly sick. I hadn’t even realised I’d stabbed my hand. I ran to the bathroom and frantically washed the blood away, my heart was beating too fast as I watched the bloody water trickle down the sink. It took a minute to calm down; thinking of my childhood always makes me so angry.

Once the bleeding stopped and my body had calmed down I wrapped my hand in a bandage and walked downstairs. I moved the bookcase and took a deep breath before opening the door, sliding the knife in my pocket as I walked down the stairs to end this all and keep my family together.

Summer’s POV

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror applying make-up to the black eye I had. The bruise on my arm was fading quickly and you could barely notice it anymore. Clover still gets really angry and recently he’s been acting strange again, he can’t relax and it seems like his mind is always somewhere else. My mind started wondering to Lewis like it does anytime I’m alone. I really hope he’s happy and maybe if I ever do get out of here and he’s singe we could be together again.

I shook my head, took a deep breath and walked back into the room. Rose, Poppy and Louise were sitting on the sofa reading books. “You okay?” Rose asked, putting her book down and standing up to look at my eye.

“Yeah, it’s much better today.” She looked at me sympathetically and pulled me down on the sofa. It was a tight squeeze with all four of us on the same sofa but it made me feel safe. We all sat there talking for hours like we do every day, I think I know everything about their old lives now. Poppy had now decided that if we ever got out of here she would look her family up again, I really hoped that happened for her but I don’t think there’s a way out of here.

Rose looked up at the clock again, “Where is he?”

“Maybe he’s not coming,” I said, looking at my lunch longingly. He was late which was really strange for him and he hadn’t said anything about not coming, he always had lunch with us on weekends.

After another ten minutes we decided to eat our now cold food and put Clover’s in the oven if he came down later. There was a weird atmosphere, Rose looked worried and couldn’t sit down, she walked around randomly cleaning things that we’d cleaned just a few hours before. When Rose and Poppy started whispering Louise pulled me into the bedroom, she winced in pain with every step she took but at least now Clover was in ‘love’ with her too he brought pain killers for her.

“Something’s going on,” she said quietly as we sat down on her bed. “They’re worried about him, what if something’s happened!” She looked so scared and helpless that it broke my heart. Six months ago she would have loved the idea of something happening to him, so would I but we know that if that happened we’d all be stuck down here to eventually starve to death. I didn’t want death anymore, there was a stage that I really didn’t care, it was a after the second time he raped me, when I realised that this was my life now but I just couldn’t give up and I’m so glad I didn’t. This life isn’t great but I have three of the best friends in the world.

“I don’t think anything’s happened,” I replied soothingly. “He probably just forgot to tell us he had something else to do.” I sounded calm and convincing when inside I was scared at the thought of starving down here. I’ll die down here eventually but I didn’t want it to be like that.

It took another twenty minutes to calm Louise down and convince her everything was fine. She sighed heavily wincing at the same time and grabbed her medication off the side, downing two tablets. Clover only brings four down a day for her, she needs more but he only really comes down here twice a day in the week and he doesn’t like leaving packets down here, I don’t think he completely trusts us not to try killing him, or ourselves.

“Wanna watch ‘The Notebook’ again tonight?” I asked her, trying to change the subject. This was our favourite film and we watch it at least twice a week.

She smiled weakly, “Yeah sure.” I stood up to go back in the other room when she grabbed my wrist. “Do you think Lewis is still looking for you?”

I didn’t know what to say for a minute. That came from nowhere and I was a little shocked. “I hope not,” I answered honestly.

“But you love him.”

“That’s why I hope not.” She looked at me like I was crazy, I wasn’t crazy, I love him and that’s what you want for the people you love, for them to be happy. I walked out not wanting to talk about Lewis anymore. I missed him so much and loved him more than anything in the world, and that would never change.

I walked back in the room to see Clover coming down the stairs. Rose and Poppy looked at the clock in confusion, he was never this late. “Clover, is everything okay? We have some lunch for you if you’re hungry,” Rose said, walking over to him. My eyes flicked to the cellar door, it was slightly open, he hadn’t closed it properly.

He kissed her cheek and turned to face us all; Louise had come out of the bedroom and stood just behind me. “Something’s happened but I don’t want any of you to worry about it, I’ve sorted everything out and it’s going to be okay. I’m going to keep us together,” he said, looking at each of us and smiling comfortingly.

Louise grabbed my hand and squeezed it, she was worried and by the looks on Rose and Poppy’s faces so were they, I was scared too. What had happened but more importantly what has he done to sort it? Was it something to do with my family? I was the only one they were looking for. I felt sick at the thought of something happening to any of them.

“There are some people that want to split us up but please don’t worry, I will never let that happen,” he said fiercely, almost menacingly. Something in his smile sent chills down my spine. Who was trying to ‘split us up?’ The police? My family? A thousand things crossed my mind in a second.

“Now I need you all to be good girls. I promise this won’t hurt, I’ll make it quick.” He pulled a knife out of his pocket and I froze. He was going to kill us to keep us together. Louise started crying and pulled me back until we were against the wall, Poppy followed us but Rose stood still.

“C-Clover,” Rose whispered. Her hands were trembling in fear.

He smiled at her, “You understand we can’t be apart don’t you. It won’t hurt I promise,” he repeated, taking a step closer to her. She wasn’t going to try and move; she was going to let him do this to her. I jumped forward and grabbed her hand, quickly pulling her back with such force she slammed against me, knocking the air out of my lungs.

“Clover please no,” Poppy begged as he stepped closer to us.

Anger crossed his face, “Don’t beg Poppy!” he shouted making me jump. Louise was crying so hard she could barely breathe and clinging to me. The door wasn’t locked, we could all make it out of here but we needed to stop him first. I clenched my hands to stop them shaking as I frantically looked around us, seeing if there was anything we could use.

Before I had chance to blink he lunged forward and grabbed Poppy, I tried to pull her back but he was too fast. Everyone but Rose was screaming at once I couldn’t make out what anyone was saying. Clover was chanting something but I couldn’t make out what. She managed to grab his wrist as he tried to stab her in the chest. I took that opportunity and pushed him as hard as I could, he stumbled back, still blocking the way to the stairs.

“No! No!” Louise screamed as he grabbed her hair. I wasn’t fast enough, he stabbed her in the side and let her go, she fell to the floor clutching the wound, blood started to seep through her fingers. Everything seemed in slow motion and I felt dizzy and sick. He’d stabbed her. He jumped forward and pushed Poppy against the wall making her scream and thrash around as she tried to get out of his grip. He quickly plunged the knife into her stomach. I pulled Rose away from them and watched Poppy’s face, silent tears poured down her face as she stared at us in horror.

I was sobbing quietly as I watched two of my best friends slumped on the floor in a growing pool of their own blood. “It’s going to be okay, just us three to go and we’ll be together again,” he said calmly and focused on Rose.

I shook my head and forced myself to ignore Poppy and Louise for a minute. “Screw you,” I screamed at him, trying to divert his attention to Rose. “Run Rose,” I whispered as he slowly walked towards me. He slapped my across the cheek hard with the back of his hand making my head slam against the wall and I fell to the floor.

Everything was blurry, I blinked heavily but I still couldn’t see properly. I pushed myself up so I was sitting. I couldn’t see where Clover or Rose were. I shook my head and winced as pain shot through me. I could hear crying, it was coming from two people, who else was still alive?

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps thumping down the stairs and some men shouting to each other. I could just about make out the shapes of six people. Two people were wrestling Clover; he was shouting at them and thrashing around. I blinked again but my vision didn’t improve much. I did hear sirens though.

Someone pressed their hand to my head making me cry out in pain. “It’s okay Summer, everything’s going to be okay we just need to get you to the hospital.” I flopped back as they picked me up and started walking somewhere. I squinted and closed my eyes tight as the sunlight burned my eyes. “We’ll call your parents and get them to meet you at the hospital, everything’s going to be okay now sweetheart,” the man said as he put me in the back of an ambulance and closed the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's free!!!! :D :D :D

So some of you were pretty damn close with your Clover thoeries! Yep his Mum turned psycho after her husband was caught with a prostitute! Hope you don't feel sorry for him though! haha!

Two chapters left then I get to edit the whole thing whoop...not! 

So I think her getting out of there deserves a vote right???

Oh and someone does die...but who??? *evil laugh*

XxPwetty_BeexX wrote an awesome poem about The Cellar, please check it out:

http://www.wattpad.com/1666729-the-cellar

The picture was made by Faithie, thank you!

Okay please comment, vote, like and tweet...if you liked it! ;D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 58 12
Alex, a female ex-coworker at Playtime Co. They were 18 when the place shut down. Now, its been 10 years ever since. However, one morning, they get s...
Flowers for you By DANNE

Mystery / Thriller

15.8K 1.1K 24
All is well in Patty's life until her best friend goes missing. No note. No texts, just got up and was gone the next day. People say she ran off wit...
Blood By Simone

Mystery / Thriller

59K 1.5K 37
A young woman finds herself lost in the horrors of World War 2 in the body of a teenage girl as a punishment for murdering her ex fiancé. Banished fo...
5.8K 268 38
Beca Mitchell has a secret, she tried to hide it, but it got out. What happens when someone comes back with threats? How will she cope? Is she as saf...