Unbroken (Dylan O'brien)

By stilescsal

Lauren's life was falling apart. With her mother losing her life to cancer, she doesn't know how to pick hers... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 10

21 4 0
By stilescsal

Lauren's POV

"Michaela guess what!"

"WHAT?" she gasps.

"I have a hot date tonight!" I squeal.

"Oh yeah." she says, and I my shoulders drop.

"Can you at least be happy for me? It's the first time we don't have a game on a friday this year and I have a date with a football player. And a hot one at that."

"I am happy that your happy, but I don't think this is what is going to make you happy."

"What?" I honestly have no idea what she just said.

"I'm saying that I don't think going on this date will make you happy in the long run."

"Why can't you just be happy for me?" I ask, slightly annoyed that she doesn't see how excited I am about this date.

"I'm sorry it's just you barely know this guy, Shawn, or whatever his name is. You really no nothing about him."

"See that is why I am going on a date with him." I say slowly.

"But you haven't heard anything about him from other girls."

"And that is a good thing! I mean if I hear anything from other girls it would be bad stuff, stuff like 'he cheated on me' or 'he used me' but I don't hear anything. Nothing bad-"

"And nothing good." she interrupts me.

"Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good boyfriend! Maybe he is a total sweetheart and doesn't go on dates much, if it's that than at least I will know he isn't a player and won't cheat!"

"But it doesn't mean anything good will come out of this relationship either! Lolo, I love you, but I seriously think you are making a huge mistake by going out with this guy. I just don't have a good feeling about this and I don't want you to get hurt."

I don't want to here any more complaints from her, so I hang up. Seriously though, who does she think she is say that about a guy I really like! Shawn could be my soulmate for all I know. And why Michaela is so hell-bound on me not going on this date I have no idea. But I know for sure that I like Shawn, and I am going on this date and having a good time. I am going to be a normal seventeen year-old girl.

I get out of my car and grab my dance bag and my backpack from the passenger seat. I unlock my door and say hi to Natalie before running up the stairs, still wanting to talk to her about why she was so cold to me when she was at a boy's house.

I throw off my clothes until I'm left in my sports bra and underwear, and I call Alyssa, asking if she wanted to come over to help me get ready. Soon the doorbell rings and run downstairs, yelling for Natalie not to answer it, knowing it's Alyssa.

I open the door, and my jaw drops as Dylan scratches the back of his neck.

"Hi." he says, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Uh, hi."

"I was uh, hoping we could talk."

"We seem to be doing that a lot lately."

"Yeah." he answers, looking at is feet.

"Uh, come in I guess," I say, and he walks in awkwardly. I shut the door behind him and we awkwardly walk upstairs to my room.

"So what do you wanna... talk about?"

"Maybe we can talk about why we are always avoiding each other, and then why you are going out with Shawn." he says, suddenly showing signs of confidence.

"I'm sorry what was the second one?" I ask.

"Look, I know he is nice and all but seriously? He is such a jerk whenever you leave the room, I swear." he says, throwing his hands up in pursuit.

"Okay, listen. I know that you have a thing for me or whatever you wanna call it, but Shawn makes me happy, and I like him, and, I'm sorry, but you're a friend to me. Just a friend." I tell him, making my point as clear as possible. I want him to leave, as soon as possible.

"He really makes you happy?" he asks, looking defeated. I hesitate my answer, but living up to my pride, I need to finish this argument with persistence.

"Yes," I answer, and he slouches in sadness.

"Okay then. I can't do anything about that. But please believe going out with him tonight will be a huge mistake that you will pay the price for later when his asshole side surfaces I promise you, Lauren he is not right for you," he says, very passionate about me not going on this date.

"Oh, and you're right for me?" I ask, and he looks at me with an expression like I should know the obvious answer

"Yes! Have you heard anything I've been saying? Just... think about it. But please don't go with Shawn. Listen to me as your friend, as Dylan. He isn't a good guy." he says, and his look makes me tear up.

"I can't do this Dylan. You are a friend and that's it. There is nothing special about you besides that you have been a really good friend to me, and that's all. A good FRIEND." I say, and I swallow the lump forming in my throat and I choke down the tears. I refuse to cry in front of someone who doesn't deserve to see me at my weakest state.

"Have you ever thought about it?" he says, looking straight into my eyes.

"What?" I choke out.

"Us. Have you ever given it any consideration?" he asks, and I look at my feet.

Before I answer, he starts to quickly walk out of the room.

"Dylan, wait," I start to say, but he's gone. I follow him downstairs, tears finally letting loose from my eyes and I wipe them with the back of my hand.

"Dylan, please!" I yell, and he turns around, a single line of a tear cascading down a cheek.

"I have to go. See you later, Lauren." he says and opens the door showing Alyssa standing there with her fist raised, ready to knock on the door.

"Uh, hi, Dylan," she says, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Hi," he answers and speed walks out to his car and jumps in, giving my a single glance before he starts his car and speeds away, without even tapping his breaks or slowing down for a second.

I stare down the street at his car until he turns, and fades out of sight.

"Wanna tell me what just happened?" I hear Alyssa ask from inside. I stare at my shoes as I walk back inside, not even glancing at Alyssa.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I say as I walk upstairs. Her footsteps follow me as I collapse on my bed and feel a tear fall down the side of my face. I wipe it away and take a deep breath.

"Why was Dylan here, I thought you weren't talking to him?" she says, and I shrug.

"Lauren?" she calls, and I sit up.

"What is going on? What was that?" she asks, a completely confused expression on her face.

"Nothing he just didn't want me going out with Shawn."

"You aren't going?" she asks, putting a hand over her mouth dramatically.

"No, no, I'm still going. He just didn't want me to." I tell her and she furrows her eyebrows.

"Who do you like more?" she asks.

"Shawn, obviously." I answer quickly. Maybe a little too quickly.

"Do you like Dylan? Like a lot?" she asks, and I shake my head.

"Dylan is just a friend, okay? He likes me and I like him, as a friend. Me and Dylan would just be too... weird." I finish, and she slowly nods, as though she is trying to believe me, but is having a hard time.

"Just help me get ready, okay? I have a date tonight." I tell her, and she gets up and walks straight to my closet, shaking her head as she looks through the clothes.

"What do you think I should do?" I ask her, looking aimlessly at my desk chair.

"Well I think you like Dylan way more than you like Shawn, you just don't want to admit it." she answers, still looking through my clothes as if no speaking had happened.

"I like Dylan, but I also like Shawn." I tell her, and she turns around, her beautifully straight blonde hair flipping off her shoulder as she does.

"What you do is your decision, but just know Dylan won't always be there. He's going to give up and find someone else to love. Someone that loves him back, and isn't afraid of it. Someone who is proud to call him hers." she says, and her words sink in.

"So you're saying I should go for Dylan." I state.

"I'm saying you should do whatever you want. But make sure it is what you really want." she answers. Why are all my friends so damn wise?

"Okay."

"What's your decision?" she asks, sitting down next to me while I stare blindly at my closet.

"I have no idea."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, I am so sorry," I tell him.

"No problem. What happened?" he asks, and I quickly try to come up with a cover story.

"My car needed a jump start so I had to call Alyssa and wait for her to help me." I tell him, nodding my head.

"I could've come picked you up," he says.

"No no no I just needed a quick jump start and I didn't want you to see me until I got here." I tell him smiling.

"Well you look beautiful."

"Thank you, Shawn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't be mad a me for what I have done you guys know how love stories go... anyway I am so sorry for posting late I went to a soccer tournament at like a hotel and so friday night I was packing and stuff and saturday I left at 5 AM and then I just got back home so I'm posting it now and I hope you guys like it :)

P.S. ONE DIRECTION'S NEW ALBUM COMES OUT NOVEMBER 13TH IM SO EXCITEDDDD AND SCORCH TRIALS CAME OUT AND IT WAS AMAZING AND TEEN WOLF IS KIND'VE STARTING SOON EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING AHHHHHHHH

love you guys ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.2K 20
Young Dylan O'Brien fell head over heels for famous actress Katy. However after a drunken night, Katy ends up pregnant. Once the little girl is born...
21.8K 694 32
I wrote this when I was 13-14. I apologise for my immaturity and abundance of poor grammar and terrible plot twists. ยฎ All rights reserved 2017 @Lily...
70.8K 1.5K 30
Hello babes, welcome to this new one-shots book about one of my biggest weaknesses, DOB. I hope you are going to like it and to support it as much as...
213K 5.3K 40
๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฉ, ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜บ...