Absent Heart

By angelfly95

I don't believe in miracles. Or in magic or fate. Or even that everyone has a soul mate out there. I believe... More

Absent Heart
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Six

7.1K 63 4
By angelfly95

The next day once we were awake we were back on the road. I was walking minding my own business when Christian stuck his arm out, stopping my movement.

"What is-" he quickly brought his hands over my mouth. He motioned for us to follow him in the confides of the trees. As soon as we were in the shadows of the forest a man on horseback rode by. He stopped suddenly, looking around as if to find something. Once he realized nothing was out there he went on his way.

Once he was out of sight, we walked out of the shadows.

"That was one of General Claude's men. If he had seen us, we would be in real trouble." Jace said. I started to feel a shiver through my spine. I turned around, positive someone was watching me, but I saw nothing. Must be the wind I thought.

"We should make camp here tonight, and tomorrow we'll try and go into Claude's compound." Christian said. Jace and I nodded simultaneously.

After I pulled out my sleeping bag, I told the guys that I needed to take a quick wash. I felt dirty.

"Do you need company?" Christian said pulling me close to him. I blushed.

"Although that sounds tempting, I'd rather wash all the grime off in private." I said pulling away. He frowned.

"Fine, but if you're not back in thirty minutes I'm coming for you." He said with a serious face.

"Ok." I said and headed to go find the nearest lake. Once I did, I realized it wasn't a lake at all. It was a beautiful but miniature waterfall.

"Wow." I said in awe. I reached to pull my shirt off, when I heard or better yet sensed a presence. I quickly pushed my shirt down. I already know who it is.

James.

I knew he would come, that's why I left the guys. I wanted to get rid of him myself. I held both my hands out. I remembered how James had summoned his fire balls. Once I opened my eyes, I saw two fire balls, one in each hand.

I smiled in amazement.

A figure came out of the shadows.

"I see you've taken my gift." James said with a smirk on his, hideously beautiful face.

"I've taken a lot of gifts, and with them I'm going to kill you once and for all." I said aiming my fire ball at him. Once I released it, he moved his head and the fire ball went right past him.

"Don't fight me Rose, you won't win. I can destroy with my pinky finger."

"Really? You can't fight me by yourself pretty boy." I shouldn't have said that.

A woman with blazing red hair walked out from the shadows of the trees. James smiled.

"This dear is an absorber. Just. Like. You. If you wish to fight, then she is your opponent." I took a step back. I thought I was the only absorber.

Whatever I was thinking didn't matter. I had to kill James now, before Christian came to get me. In a flash I teleported behind James, and pinned a knife to his neck. I thought he would be shaking in his boots, but all he did was laugh.

Like greased lightning, something so powerful had me twisting in pain. Then a godly force pinned me to the ground, crushing the living daylights out of my body. I couldn't scream, my voice had failed me.

I looked up and met the red haired woman.

"James, I thought you said she was powerful." While her back was towards me, I raised my hand and shot the biggest fire ball, right into her back. Her hold over me immediately was gone. I sprung up, and walked over to James.

"Your turn." I said out of breath. I looked him in the eyes and said "You will not move." I saw him go rigid, but his smiling expression didn't falter.

When I was about five steps away from him, I raised both my hands ready to fire when I was knocked to my knees. I couldn't move. I looked up to see the woman, staring at me with rage.

I tried to get up, but she closed her hands, and I screamed out in pain. It felt like someone stuck there hands into my chest, and was crushing my heart. She flipped me over on my back with her feet, and raised her hands. I could feel the heat emanating from it. I closed my eyes and waited death.

"That's enough Luna." James said. He walked over to me and picked me up. "I want her alive. Let's go." He motioned for Luna to follow him. They took two steps when ...

"ROSE!" I knew that voice. It was Christian!

He can't come, she'll kill him.

"Luna take care of him."James said, still walking away with me. She nodded.

The woman Luna raised her hand and aimed at Christian.

"NO!" I screamed. With all the strength I had left I made Christian teleport somewhere far from here. As soon as his body vanished the fire ball Luna had shot landed where he would have been.

Once I knew he was safe, I let the darkness take me.

I fainted.

***

"Rose. Wake up... wake up darling." Someone shook my body. I cracked my eyes open. As soon as I did I felt something wet collide with my lips. My eyes shot open.

James was kissing me!

With all the strength I could muster up, I pushed him off me.

"Feisty." He said wiping his mouth.

I shot up, and looked around.

"Where am I?" I looked down and saw that someone changed me. I was wearing a white sun flower dress. "What have you done? Why couldn't you just leave me alone!?" I started to cry. He wrapped his arms around me, and without delay I sprung out the bed.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled.

"Rose don't be like that love." He said reaching for me.

"I said don't touch me." I said looking in his eyes. Without hesitation he took a step back.

"I see your compulsion is as strong as ever. That's good." He said smiling. "Now to business. Tomorrow we will wed, and as for today I have arranged for you to take a few tests." Without another word he left. With his exit the woman named Luna entered.

"I am to be your escort. Let's go." She said. Once we got to the door, we both reached for the knob at the same time. As soon as our hands made contact, my eyes began to flutter, and I knew immediately that I was having a vision.

At first there was darkness, and then everything started to become clear. I was in a village. Kids were running around, and playing. I walked down the road, passing stores, and shops when I spotted something.

It was Luna. She was young about eleven or twelve. She looked happy, and then all of a sudden the sun went away, and in came the gray clouds. In a flash there was blood everywhere. Bodies were planted in every corner. I looked back at Luna and saw her crying. He parents were lying in front of her masked in blood.

She fell to her knees. I reached for her, but knew better. I can't touch her, she can't even see me. Suddenly out of nowhere James approached her, he held out his hands and said "Come with me. I'll be your family now." She blinked away a few tears, and went with him, but before she left she turned to me and stared me dead in the eyes.

"Look beyond the glamour." She said. With that my vision cleared and I was in the present.

"What just happened? You had a faraway look in your eyes just now." I blinked a few times.

"Oh ahm... it was nothing. There was a fly in the distance." I said trying to cover my ass. She rolled her eyes and opened the door where she led me down what felt like a thousand rooms until we stopped at one humongous door.

"What is this?"

"Just get in." she pushed me in and closed the door.

Once inside, I saw two chairs that looked ready to electrocute criminals, and two people in lab coats.

"Good you've brought the subject." One of the guys said. "Put her in the chair."

Luna started pushing me to the chair, but I was resisting. I don't know what these people are going to do, and I sure as hell wasn't about to sit in that death chair.

"No! I'm not-" Luna punched me in the stomach knocking the words right out my mouth. She placed me in the seat, and strapped my feet and hands down. She sat in the other one, and then one of the lab coat people strapped her down.

"Now Luna we're going take her gift and send it to you. This will double you strength and power level. You'll feel a wave of nausea at first but that's normal." She nodded.

WHAT?!? Take my gift.

"YOU CANT!" I screamed.

"I'm sorry miss, but that's orders." The lab coat guy said. He reached for a headband type thing which had a bunch of pins on the inside. He placed it on my head rough and hard.

I screamed in pain. I could feel the blood fall from my face. They did the same to Luna, but she didn't cry out in pain.

"Once the procedure is finished Luna, we advise you not to use your powers until tomorrow. Now let's begin." The lab coat person said. He reached for a button and once he pressed it I thought I would die.

I screamed aloud.

It felt like I was being sucked dry. My energy was slowly wilting.

"Stop... please." I tried to muster out. They increased the power, and I couldn't keep my eyes open. While falling into darkness I couldn't help but think that the next time I woke, I would be powerless.

* Comment/Vote/Fan all is welcomed. And tell me what you think !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 2.5K 26
Everything was gone. I sobbed, my clothes ripped and I was bleeding, but it didn't matter. I had to get to her, to them. Had to find- Struggling t...
3.5K 65 5
WARNING: EXCERPT ONLY! "And you smell delicious too." He whispered beside my ear. "Like honey and cinnamon were mixed to create a scent so irresistib...
198 8 9
He slammed me against the wall, his face angry. "Don't think for a second that you can try to get inside my head." He growled, breathing heavily. A...
1.7K 141 35
The banging starts again but this time a lot louder. I can hear the girls screaming up stairs. I pick up my phone and dial 911. "Hello this is 911 wh...