Dylan, Time To Meet The World...

By Sky-blues64

Dylan is a 7th grader who was adopted by the Harts at the age of 5. She and her older sister Maya are treated... More

Girl Meets World
Girl Meets Boy
Girl Meets Sneak Attack
Girl Meets Father
Girl Meets the Truth
Girl Meets Popular
Girl Meets Maya's and Dylan's Mother
Girl Meets Smackle
Girl Meets 1961
Girl Meets Crazy Hat
Girl Meets World: Of Terror
Girl Meets the Forgotten
Girl Meets Flaws
Girl Meets Friendship
Girl Meets Brother
Girl Meets Home For The Holidays
Girl Meets Game Night
Girl Meets Master Plan
Girl Meets Loyalty
Season 2

Girl Meets First Date

5.7K 108 64
By Sky-blues64

I was sitting in Mr. Matthews class with Maya, Farkle, and the rest of the class. Riley and Lucas weren't here yet. And neither was Mr. Matthews. "Hey, Maya. Are we hanging out with Riley at her house or at Svorski's?" I asked. "I think it's her house," Maya said. I nodded. Suddenly the front door opened and in ran in Mr. Matthews, carrying Riley bridal style. He put Riley down at her desk.

"Dad, are you out of your mind?" Riley asked. "Riley, it's time for the talk." Cory told her. "In front of the whole class?!" Riley shouted. "Yeah, give her the talk. Let's see what you know." Maya said. "Yeah. What do you know?" I asked. "Okay. When a daughter-" Cory started. "Stop." Riley ordered. I saw Cory's eyes glance at the window of our classroom and then back at us. "Excuse me." He said. He ran to the back door and closed it. I'm guessing he closed it on Lucas, cause he was the only one who wasn't here yet. "Not today, chachi." Cory told him.

The door was then pushed opened, by none other than Lucas. "Sir, you've known me all year. You like me, admit it." Lucas said. "I don't wanna." Cory said. "You're acting like a 5 year old, who's parents are trying to make his eat his Brussel sprouts," I informed Cory. "I don't care," He said.

"Sir. I'm one of the good kids. What are you so afraid of?" Lucas asked. He walked over and took a seat at his desk. "Okay." Mr. Matthews said. He went over to the chalkboard and erased the writing which was on the board. The writing said: Belgium 1831. "No-ooo!" Farkle shouted, trailing off. I looked at him and saw he was wearing a shirt that had the Belgium flag on it and he was holding a Belgium flag in his hands. "I still don't get why you care so much about 1831 in Belguim," I said, before turning back around.

"Okay, guys. It's seventh-grade spring fever, which leads to dating, which leads to movies, which leads to popcorn, which leads to putting your hands together in the dark touching the popcorn, which leads to holding hands," Cory said, "Which leads to that." He pointed to Darby and Yogi. I turned to Darby's desk and saw they were Eskimo kissing. I found it disturbing. "Oh, I am not ready for this." Cory said. "Me either," I said, "Make this stop." Cory walked over to the two and pulled Yogi back to his desk which was on the other side of Riley's.

"Riley, I am begging you, stay in Neverland, okay? No growing up." Cory said. Farkle raised his hand. "What do you want?" Cory asked in an annoyed expression. "The way I see it, I'm in an interesting position here." Farkle said. "How do you figure, Farkle?" Cory questioned. "Let's approach this as a scientific equation. You're scared of Lucas going out with Riley, right?" Farkle asked. I began to feel uncomfortable and shifted my position. Cory scoffed. "Oh, does it show?" Cory asked. "Yeah, he's good-looking and athletic." Farkle said. I did a little nod to that.

"He's 36!" Cory shouted. "Sure he is. And you're 33," I said, sarcastically. Cory raised an eyebrow. "Farkle continue. Please," Cory said. "Give your daughter to me. I'll give you four oxen and my best milking cow." Farkle said. Cory looked over at Lucas. "Are you actually thinking about it?" I questioned.

"It's a good deal." Cory said. Riley stood up. "I will decide who I go on my first date with at such time as somebody asks me." Riley said. I looked over at Lucas and saw he was already looking at me. He hesitantly raised his hand. Riley looked over at him and then back at her father with a big smile on her face.

~~~~

Maya, Riley, and I were at our lockers. I was upset about what happened in class, but I hid my emotions. "Why do you think he put his hand back down?" Riley asked. "Because your dad wouldn't call on him." Maya said. "And I don't think he ever will again." I said, playing along even though I was hurting inside. Riley sighed.

"Life used to be so simple, Maya, Dylan. Wake up, brush my hair, eat cereal, pick up the bowl of cereal that I dropped." Riley told us. "When did all of this pressure happen?" Maya asked. "When we started to like boys. Well when you two started liking boys," I said. Maya gave me a look before turning back to Riley. "Boys have it easy, they get to ask." Riley said.

"They wouldn't last a day in our shoes." Riley said. "Waiting for them to get the courage to ask us?" I asked. "Yeah," Riley said, nodding. "And then doing the vacuuming and ironing the babies." Maya added. I giggled. "Riley, this isn't the '90s anymore. You want something, you go get it." Maya told her. "You're telling me you're not a little bit afraid of this?" Riley asked. "No." Maya replied.

"So. You're saying that if you had feelings for somebody that you wouldn't be nervous?" I asked. "No, the only thing that makes me nervous is that the thing that everybody wants to happen never happens because everybody's too afraid to make it happen." Maya explained.

Maya walked up to Lucas with Riley and me following. "Hey, Ranger Rick." Maya greeted. "Hey, other one." Lucas greeted, turning around. "You wanna go out with me?" Maua blurted out. My eyes slightly widen. "What?" Lucas asked, shocked. "You wanna take me to a movie and put our hands in the popcorn at the same time and see what happens, or what?" Maya asked.

Farkle jumped up and wrapped his arms around Riley and me. "Okay, you two and me 'cause you're either Riley, Dylan, or Maya." Farkle said. Mine and Riley's mouths hung open. WIDE open.

~~~~

Maya and I were walking over to Riley's. It was silent. "Maya? Why did you ask Huckleberry out?" I asked. "Why? Did you want to ask him out?" Maya asked. I scoffed. "What? No," I said. I turned to Maya and gave her a look. "It doesn't matter, if I wanted to go out with him or not. Riley liked him first. And we all down that the Rucas ship has set sail." I said.

"Dyl, it does matter if you wanted him to ask you out. Besides, I know you like him. Or at least you like him more than you think," Maya said. "Excuse me? How did you know that?" I questioned. "When we were playing with Auggie that night, Riley was babysitting. When I fell, I knocked over your diary and it flipped to the page where you wrote it," Maya said.

"You read my diary?" I asked slightly mad. "No. Not the whole thing. Just that page. And the other page. And the page before that. Okay I read the whole thing," Maya said. "And you didn't tell me," I said. "I didn't want to upset you," Maya said. "Too late for that! I'm upset!" I shouted. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"You still haven't told me why you asked him out," I said. "I pushed him." Maya said. "Is this like when we pushed Riley onto Lucas' lap?" I questioned. "It is. But this is going to have a different outcome, that I think no one would have expected," Maya told me.

We had arrived at Riley's house and climbed through the window. Riley was sitting there with her mouth wide open. It was silent for a moment, before Maya reached out to close Riley's mouth. When she did Riley tried to bite it. Maya and I gasped. "Yeow!" Maya shouted. "Back, traitor." Riley said, pointing out of the window, "Dylan you can stay since you didn't betray me." "Wait. Traitor, me? Could this possibly be because I asked Lucas out?" Maya asked. "You asked Lucas out." Riley said.

"What? You're upset?" Maya asked. "I know I'm upset," I mumbled to myself. Luckily no one heard me. "I'm beyond upset. I'm whatever the next one is." Riley said. "What, you think he's cute?" Maya asked. "He's a'ight." Riley said. "What, you wanted him to ask you out?" Maya asked. "Maybe, but now you ruined my eight-year plan." Riley said. I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. That sounds effective," I said, sarcastically. Maya nodded.

"Riles, you've been all goofy about Lucas since you fell into his lap on the subway." Maya said. I bit my lip. "You pushed me." Riley said. "And now I pushed him." Maya said. "What do you mean?" Riley asked. "Yeah. I still don't get it," I said. "Don't worry about it." Maya told us. "I am worried." Riley said, "I am worried about our friendship which you have called into question on this day."

"Oh, all right, you want to ask each other questions?" Maya offered. "We know you wanna Riles," I said. "Why did you ask him?" Riley asked. "How long have you known me?" Maya asked. "Where are you taking him?" Riley asked. "You think I would hurt you?" Maya asked. "What are you gonna wear?" Riley asked. "You don't think I have a bigger plan?" Maya asked. "Can I at least be your maid of honor?" I asked. "Of course, when I marry anybody else in the world besides Ranger Rick." Maya told me.

Riley scoffed. "What? You're just going to date him and then throw him away?" Riley questioned. "Hey, whack job?" Maya asked. "Yes." Riley said. "He doesn't wanna go out with me. He's not going out with me. He's never going out with me." Maya said. "Well, if he doesn't want to go out with you, do you not want me to go out with him?" Riley asked. I bit my lip. Maya sighed.

"Come here." Maya said, "You too." Riley and I leaned our heads on Maya's shoulders. "Life is changing, isn't it?" Riley asked. "Yes. But this never will." Maya said. "I hope not," I said. We heard the doorbell ring.

"Who's that? I wasn't expecting anybody." Riley said. "Oh, I was." Maya said. "I wasn't," I said.

~~

The three of us walked into the living room just as Cory opened the door. "You." Cory hissed at someone. "Me." I heard Lucas mimic. "Auggie's not home." Cory said. "Yeah, I'm not here to see Auggie." Lucas said. Maya, Riley, and I stood behind Cory. "Riley's not home either." Cory said. Riley waved at Lucas. "Hi, Lucas." Riley greeted. "That's right, I lied right in yo' face." Cory said.

"Actually, Mr. Matthews, I'm not here to see her either." Lucas said. "You're not?" Riley questioned. "You're not?" I questioned. "You're not?" Cory questioned. "I want to do this the right way." Lucas said, "So first, I'm here to talk to you, sir." Cory chuckled and looked back at Riley. He then looked back at Lucas. "I want to do this the right way too, Lucas." Cory said, "No!" He slammed the door closed. Lucas pushed the door open, again.

Lucas looked at me as he spoke. "Mr. Matthews, would it be possible to speak to you alone?" Lucas asked. "About homework?" Cory asked. "No." Lucas said. "About a grade?" Cory asked. "No." Lucas replied. "Then this has nothing to do with me and you've come to the wrong place. Good day." Cory said.

"Actually-" Lucas started. "I said good day, sir." Cory said, cutting him off. "But I need to talk to you." Lucas said. "Is this about a historical event? I can only speak to you about historical events." Cory told him. "Yes." Lucas said. "Well, then go right ahead." Cory said. "I'm asking you permission to ask out your daughter." Lucas said. I looked down and I felt someone squeeze my hand. I looked up and Maya gently smiled at me. "You tricked me." Cory told him. "That's right, I lied right in yo' face." Lucas said, mimicking Cory from earlier.

"Get him, Topanga." Cory said to his wife, who I didn't know was here. "My pleasure." Topanga said. She walked up to Lucas. "Lucas... You are about the most charming young man I have ever met." Topanga told him. "Yeah!" Cory cheered, but he soon regretted it. "But as delighted as I am that in this day and age you would come to get our blessing. Do you really think that Riley is ready –" Topanga began. "Yes!" Riley shouted. "Riley, be cool." Topanga told her. "Yes." Riley said, in a different tone.

"Topanga, we really need to talk." Cory said. "Mr. Matthews, we really need to talk." Maya said. "Good, help me." Cory said. Maya sat him down on the kitchen bench. "When a father turns a certain age, things will start happening to you that you don't understand. It'll confuse you, but it's a magical time." Maya told him. "Shut up." Cory said. I soon got where Maya was going with this and ran up to Cory. "Look, don't worry. This is all normal and it's just your body's way of telling you that you are a woman. Look, if it makes you feel any better, don't think of it as a date." I told him, "Think of it as a beautiful fantasy world that only includes the two of them and not you anymore."

Topanga walked up to us and wrapped an arm around us. "I appreciate you, Dylan, Maya. I think you two are pretty fierce." Topanga told me. "Hey, kiddies." Josh said, walking in. "Uncle Boing." Maya said, fainting a bit. Topanga and I caught her. "My brother!" Cory said pointing to Josh. "My brother!" Josh said, "Hey, I come with news." "Thank you, I'm good." Maya said standing back up. "I'm joining the N.Y.U. Pre-college program so I'll be here all summer." Josh told us. "Okay, I'm no good." Maya said. She went down again and Topanga and I caught her. "I gotcha, honey." Topanga and I said in unison.

"Josh, would you do me a favor and explain to your niece that she is way too young to go out on her first date?" Cory asked. "Niece... What kept you so long?" Josh asked, causing me to look down, "Welcome to the party, guys. Enjoy." "Get out of my house!" Cory shouted. "I'll go to the party with you, Josh." Maya said. "Still too old for you, Maya." Josh pointed out.

"Three years, what's three years in the history of love?" Maya asked. She walked closer to Josh, causing him to walk back. "They found some cavemen footprints, a man and a woman, they didn't know how old they were. All the scientists could tell was that they were holding hands. You know why? That was all that was important." Maya said. "Wow, Maya." Josh said, looking at Maya in the eye. "Keep looking at me." Maya ordered. "Ooh, you know what's really important is I have my first appointment with my campus advisor downstairs." Josh said. With that, he ran out of the door.

"So I have everybody's permission except Mr. Matthews?" Lucas asked. I shifted my position. As you could tell, I was really uncomfortable about this situation. "Lucas, I like you. I really do. But do I look like the kind of guy that would let his child go out on a date this young?" Cory asked. Right then, as if on cue, Auggie and Ava skipped into the room.

Ava held up her hand. "I put a ring on it." Auggie said. "What?" I questioned. "We're engaged." Auggie said. "Oooh, let us tell you why you're not engaged." Topanga said. "Let me tell you why we are." Auggie said, "Sing it, baby." "Look at me... I'm Ava Morgenstern... Matthews." Ava sang. Topanga chuckled. "Oh my gosh. Look at this ring. It looks just like mi-" Topanga began, "Hey! Give me this." "Yeah, it's Auggie's grandma's ring." Ava informed Topanga. Topanga scoffed.

"Oh, you're not Auggie's grandma?" Ava asked, innocently. I giggled. "Ava honey, are you looking at me? You looking at me right in my eyes?" Topanga asked. Ava nodded. "Okay good, I got something to say. Ugh!" Topanga said. The front door slammed open, and in walked Farkle.

"Greetings, Matthews, I've come to ask Riley or Dylan out on their first date now that Maya has asked out Lucas." Farkle told them. "What? Why would you do that?" Cory questioned Maya. "Because nobody does nothin'." Maya replied. "You lit the fire, huh?" Topanga asked. "Somebody had to push two kids together." Maya said. "Have I told you lately I think you're pretty fierce?" Topanga asked her. Riley and I put our arms around Maya. "Have we told you lately, we think you're pretty fierce?" Riley and I asked in unison. I still did not know what Maya was planning.

"What's going on?" Farkle asked, confused. "What's going on, Farkle, is that this kid here wants my blessing." Cory said, looking at Lucas, "You want it?" "I do, sir." Lucas said. "You got it." Cory said. "Really?" Lucas asked. "Really?" Riley and I asked. "Really?" Topanga asked. "Really? Because I got a cow in the elevator." Farkle said. "You actually brought a cow?" I asked. "Yeah," Farkle replied, like it was nothing.

"On one condition." Cory said, getting my attention again. "Uh-oh." Maya mumbled. "This isn't going to be good for us, is it?" I whispered to her. "It will be good for you. For me, no," Maya said. "I want this to be a triple date. Okay? If you are gonna go out with him," Cory said. He pushed Riley closer to Lucas. "Then you... Are gonna go out with him." Cory said, as he pushed Maya a little closer to Farkle. "That works for me because you're Riley, Dylan, or Maya." Farkle said.

I laughed. "I can't believe you're going on your first date," I said, while laughing. "Oh, Dylan. I said a triple date. So you are also going on a date with someone," Cory told me. "Who? We all know that there is no way that you are going to let a stranger take me out. And there is no one left. So ha!" I said. "You will be going on a date with Ben Kennish. He lives just above us, and I have met him several times. He is very kind." Cory said. "I still don't know him." I pointed out. "Topanga. Call Ben down," Cory instructed. Topanga did as she was told.

"Dad, you can't just tell them who to go out with on their first dates." Riley said. "Oh, don't think of it as a date, Maya, Dylan. Think of this as a magical time and a journey to include..." Cory began. He blew a raspberry right in our faces. "Very, mature, Matthews," I said, sarcastically.

"So-" Lucas began. "Yes." Riley said, cutting him off. "Riley-" Lucas began again. "Yes." Riley said, cutting him off again. "Maya? Dylan?" Topanga asked, after she got off of the phone. "We'll fix it." My sister and I said in unison. I was still breaking inside, with the whole Lucas thing. Since I was standing behind Riley, Lucas looked at me. "Would you like to go out with me?" He asked. When he was saying that, he was looking at me. "YAY!" Riley cheered. "We can't fix that." Maya informed Topanga.

"So, Maya-" Farkle began. "No." Maya said, cutting him off. "Would you-" Farkle began. "No." Maya said, cutting him off again. "I mean it, Maya." Cory ordered. Maya looked at me, then at Lucas, and then at Riley before turning back to Farkle. "Would you whatever he's doing with her?" Farkle asked. "Yeah, fine." Maya answered. She held her arms out, and Farkle fainted. Before he hit Maya's hands, she pulled them away.

There was then a knock on the door. In walked a guy with blonde hair, and brown eyes. "Hey, Mr. Matthews. You called me down?" The guy said. "Oh, yes I did. You will be going on a date with one of my students," Cory told him. "Who?" The guy asked. Cory pushed me forward. "Her," he said. "Woah," The guy said. "Ben meet Dylan. Dylan meet Ben." Cory introduced. "Hi," He said. "Hey," I said.

"So, Dylan. Would you like to go on a date with me tonight?" Ben asked. "No," I replied. "I mean it Dylan," Cory told me. I looked back at Maya. She nodded. I sighed. "Yes," I said.

~~~

Riley was hugging me and Maya as we walked into Svorski's. "I can't believe you'd let Farkle and Ben be your first dates so Lucas can be mine." Riley said. I bit my lip again. "Riles, I'm not gonna look at it as a first date. We hang out with Farkle all the time. This is just more hanging out." Maya explained, "Right Dylan?" "Yeah. Like how I'm not counting Ben has my first date," I said.

"But Farkle and Ben think it's a date." Riley told me. "Then this is just more Farkle and Ben thinking it's a date." Maya said. I nodded. "But does that mean that my date with Lucas isn't actually a date?" Riley questioned. "No no, your date with Lucas is serious right-of-passage, coming-of-age, growing-up stuff." Maya answered. "Yep. It's a real date," I said through gritted teeth. "Should I be scared?" Riley asked. I giggled. "Of Ranger Rick?" I questioned, "Sure, honey, you be as scared as you like." Riley's face went pale. I looked the way she was looking and my face also went pale. "Well, I don't think you need to be anywhere near that scared." Maya said.

"We have to go." Riley ordered. "Why?" Maya asked. "Maya, please. Do you trust us?" I asked. "More than anybody in the world." Maya answered. "Then don't turn around." Riley ordered. "Okay, if you say not to, I won't." Maya said, "Let's go." We started to walk out of the door. "Oh, wait, I forgot. I'm still me." Maya said. She turned around and saw what Riley and I saw just a few moments ago.

Josh with another girl. They were both smiling and laughing. "You know what the best thing is about going out with Farkle?" Maya asked us. "What?" I asked. "No matter what happens I won't get hurt." Maya said. I went on the other side of Maya, and Riley and I gave her a side hug as we walked out.

~~~

"All right, let's get this thing over with." I said, walking in through Riley's window. Maya followed. "Ay chihuahua." Topanga said. "What?" Maya and I asked. "For two people who do not care you do look pretty ay chihuahua." Riley said. I looked down at my dress. I was just wearing a floral dress with a leather jacket. Also my favourite pair of black combat boots.

"Yeah, I just figured even though I'm not counting this as a first date it seems like it's a pretty big deal for Farkle so I wanted to give him at least 84%." Maya told them. "Good. So you're feeling better about my Uncle Josh?" Riley asked. "No, that's just another lump of coal I'll bury deep in my dungeon of sadness next to my daddy issues and ballerina dreams." Maya replied, sitting on Riley's bed.

"Maya, I didn't know that you dream of being a ballerina." Topanga said. "She doesn't," I said, shaking my head. "I don't. I dream of ballerinas kicking me with their pointy toes while they're stabbing me in the face with their bun heads." Maya told us.

"Oh. Well, you look great." Topanga told her. "She is right. You look amazing." I told her. Maya smiled. "Thanks," She said.

~~~

After we had done our hair and makeup, Riley, Maya, and I walked into the subway with our arms linked together. We saw the three boys standing there all dressed up. Their jaws were basically on the floor. I took in their appearances. I hate to admit it but. They clean up nice. Especially Lucas.

As we walked up to them Farkle turned around with a big smile on his face. "Hey Maya, let's run towards each other in slow motion." Farkle said. He started to run in slow motion. "Maya!" He shouted in slow motion. "No." Maya said. Farkle stopped. "Come on, you know you want to." Farkle told her. "I know I don't want to," I said. "Oh, good. I thought I would have to." Ben said. I giggled. "Farkle, who else would..." Maya began, but stopped when she realized Riley was doing it, "Stop."

"Hi." Riley greeted Lucas. "Hi. I thought I was going to be too nervous to say anything, but I'm not." Farkle said, "I'm talking really good. I'm a good date-talker. I'm the best date-talker there is." "Even though this just happened, there are some moments you know you're gonna remember forever. This is one of 'em." Lucas said, looking at me. No one except me noticed. "I'm the second best date talker there is." Farkle said. "Right now. I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful," (DESCENDANTS REFERENCE!) Ben told me. I couldn't help but blush. And feel guilty since I may or may not like Lucas.

"I am the third best date-talker there is," Farkle said, "Oh, train's coming. All aboard." He mimicked a horn blowing. "Is he always like this?" Ben asked. "You mean being like Farkle? Yeah, pretty much," I answered.

~~

We walked into the subway train, and took our places. Riley and Lucas sat on two seats, while the rest of us leaned against poles. Maya and Farkle shared one while Ben and I shared another.

"Well, this is pretty easy so far." Riley announced. "Because we're already friends." Lucas said. "Let's always be friends no matter what happens, okay?" Farkle asked. "Yeah, first let's see what happens." Maya said. "Okay." Farkle said. "Does a lot of stuff happen?" Ben asked me. "Yeah. It does," I said, "So what school are you from? Cause I am confident that you're not a student at John Quinncy Adams'."

"I am not a student at your school. I go to Einstein Academy," Ben said. "Oh. So you're a brainiac?" I asked. Ben chuckled. "I guess you could call me that," Ben said. "Honest. I like it," I said, with a bright smile. "I don't wanna jinx this but it's just like us hanging out at school. With the exception of Ben, of course. What could possibly go wrong?" Riley said. I nodded, and looked forward. When I did I saw Josh with that girl from Svorski's. Maya looked in the same direction and spotted it.

The train stopped and the girl stood up. "Sophie, Sophie, um I thought we connected pretty well." Josh said. "I'm gonna be a junior, junior." The girl Sophie told him, "I got a couple years on you, don't I?" "What's three years? You think three years matters at our age?" Josh asked. "Yeah, I do." Sophie said. She walked off of the subway. Maya walked over to Josh. Two seats cleared up and Ben and I took them as we watched what was happening with the whole Joshaya situation.

"Maya?" Josh questioned. "She pulled that three-years-older thing on you, huh?" Maya asked. Josh chuckled. "Yeah, yeah. I really put myself out there." Josh said. "Oh, I'm sure I couldn't possibly identify with your pain." Maya said. She sat down next to him. "Cavemen? Footprints? Hold hands?" Maya asked. "Hurts, doesn't it?" Josh questioned. "A little bit, yeah." Maya replied. "How do you deal with it?" Josh asked. "Well, me, I've got this dungeon of sadness." Maya answered. "Oh yeah? You got me in there?" Josh asked. "Oh yeah. You and a whole flock of ballerinas." Maya told him.

"Lucas?" Riley asked. "Go over there, Riley. Be with one of your best friends." Lucas told her. "But what about our date?" Riley asked. "I had a good time." Lucas told her. "I'm glad you were my first date." Riley told him. She stood up. "Ben?" I asked. "I understand, Dylan," Ben told me. I smiled and stood up. "Dylan, you can stay. I got this one." Riley told me. "Are you sure?" I questioned. "Yep. I'm sure," Riley said. I sat back down as she went up to Maya.

My hands and forehead started to feel sweaty as I thought about the previous conversation Lucas and Riley had. "Dylan, you okay? You look nervous," Ben told me. I sighed. "Ben I have to tell you something," I told him, "The only reason why we're on a date is because-" "Because you were doing it for Riley. I know," Ben told me. I raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. I was just trying-" I began. "To be a good friend. Since Riley, obvious really likes Lucas. I know," Ben told me. "And. I haven't really told anyone this, but I kind of... maybe... li-" I began. "Like Lucas. I know," Ben told me.

"Okay. Are you some sort of mind reader, or something?" I asked. Ben shook his head. "No. It just is quite obvious. By the way. Lucas likes you too. I can tell," Ben told me. "You're not mad?" I asked. "Why would I be mad? There's nothing to be mad about. Besides, I kind of have a thing for someone else," Ben said. He looked up at Riley who was talking to Maya. I smiled. "I can totally see that happening," I told him, "I know officially ship Ren?" Ben shook his head. "No," He told me. "Okay. How about Biley?" I asked. "Sure. Why not?" He asked.

"I should probably go talk to my sister now," I said. "Okay. I had fun Dylan," He told me. "I did too, Ben. Thank you for being my first date," I said. "I though you weren't counting this as a first date," Ben told me. "I am now," I said. I smiled and walked over to my two best friends in the entire world.

"What I miss?" I asked. "I know you like Lucas," Riley told me. "I do not." I said. "Maya told me." Riley told me. I turned to her and glared. "Maya," I hissed. "Sorry. It's a part of something big," Maya defended. "Don't get mad, Dyl. I am totally okay with it. Plus after today, I have my eyes on someone else," Riley said. She was looking at Ben. I smirked. "Interesting," I said, "And thank you for not be upset."

"Oh. And this is from both Maya and I," Riley said. "What is?" I questioned. The two grabbed the hand I had on the pole we were standing by and they pushed me back. "Whoa!" I shouted. I ended up landing on Lucas' lap. Just like Riley did when she first met him.

I smiled. "Well. This seems familiar," Lucas said. My smile didn't go way. "Hi. I'm Dylan. We were just talking about you," I quoted Riley. Lucas laughed. "I'm Lucas," He introduced. "Nice to meet ya, Ranger Rick," I said. Lucas and I both chuckled. "You know those moments that you were talking about earlier that we're going to remember forever?" I asked. "Yeah?" Lucas asked. I grabbed him by the face and kissed him. He kissed back. YAY! I've read and heard about the whole fireworks bursting in your stomach when you kiss someone. But this wasn't like that. It felt like an explosion of bombs just exploded inside of me. His lips felt so soft. I'm not sure if it was his first time or not, but. He was a really good kisser. After a moment or two, I pulled away. But I didn't want to though. I leaned my forehead against his.

"I'm going to remember that forever," I said.

~~~

Riley, Maya and I sat at the famous bay window. We were talking about what happened in the subway. "Mine was like a display of fireworks and explosions was going on. Like when it is winter and you touch the snowflakes with your tongue. It's so cold, but you just want to do it again and again," I said, "How was yours?" Just to be clear that question was directed towards Maya. Apparently Farkle kissed her hand. Riley and Ben, didn't kiss. Bummer. "Mine was like a shih tzu going after a chew toy." Maya answered. "So it was a magical night for the two of you."

"You realize, Riley, Maya, that... Life as we know it has changed." I said. "Scared?" Maya and Riley asked. "No. I got you two," I said. We shared a group hug.

~~

When I got home, I changed out of my date outfit into my pajamas and immediately took out my diary.

Dear Diary,

I had my first kiss tonight, It was... magical. But, even though Riley told me she didn't like Lucas anymore. I can't help but feel like she does. And if she does I can't date him. It's the girl code. I'll get back to you on the whole Riley liking Lucas thing.

I have learned so much in the past year. I've learned what it means to be a friend, what it means to be honest, what it means to be a 7th grader. I have finally met the world. I can't wait to see what happens in the 8th grade.

It has been a long year. But it was all worth it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
6.2K 342 24
while visiting his sister's support group, lucas meets a girl named maya hart. maya has pulmonary fibrosis and has to carry a oxygen tank around bec...
11.3K 313 33
Maya was heading home one night when she bumps into a girl. That girl being Ryan James. Armed with an oversized leather jacket and a camera, Ryan dec...
59.5K 1.9K 61
ONE EXHAUSTED GIRL - FIVE POPULAR BOYS 〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 Summer Forester has been in the adoption center sense she was 10. When she is...