My Love, Please Kill Me

By SapphireStar

In a kingdom plagued by demons, a young girl found herself more than just a healer. Perhaps more than just a... More

[pt.1] The Beauty and The Warrior
[pt.3] The Inappropriate Deed
[pt.4] The Innocence-Taking
[pt.5] The Sacred Marriage
[pt.6] The First Dream
[pt.7] The Determined Ones
[pt.8] The Severe Headache
[pt.9] The One Word
[pt.10] The Reunited
[pt.11] The Horrible Joke
[pt.12] The Foretelling
[pt.13] The Findings
[pt.14] The Retaliation and The Revelation
[pt.15] The Unspoken and The Departure
[pt.16] The Worst Scenario
[pt.17] The Truth and The Memory
[pt.18] The Damsel in Distress
[pt.19] The Unexpected Assistance
[pt.20] The Attempt To Get In, The Attempt To Get Out
~Midnight Invasion~
[pt.21] The Demons' Lair
[pt.22] The Supposedly Leader of The Demon Army
[pt.23] The Part of The Bargain
[pt.24] The Secluded House By A Pond
[pt.25] The End of The Darkness
~A Bad Day for Mikael~

[pt.2] The Cure

6.4K 49 17
By SapphireStar

Part 2

[Lunalea POV]

I was reading an old book about the early ages of the kingdom when I heard a commotion outside my working chamber. A moment later, there’s a hard knock on my door. I got up at the same time the door swung open. And there stood Lord Mikael, again covered in blood. I gasped and automatically bowed down. Then I remembered he might be injured, so I rushed towards him, but he already stepped inside and sat down on a chair. He looked annoyed, his face was dark, but he didn’t say anything.

“My Lord—“ I began.

“Ma’am.” Said someone. I turned and was surprised to see another warrior—a general, judging from his armor. I didn’t notice he was there; he must had been standing behind Lord Mikael. I was about to ask him whether he’s injured when he said nervously, “Could you please take a look at Lord Mikael, Ma’am?”

I turned back to Lord Mikael. ‘So he is injured!’ I thought to myself. “Excuse me, My Lord..” I said carefully, remembering that he had a high pride, “Could you show me where you’ve been wounded?”

Lord Mikael growled. Now I could tell that he hated the fact that he had to come to the infirmary, but it also meant that his wounds were serious. He still didn’t say anything and I was getting worried, when he suddenly took off his armor and his top. I held my breath when I caught sight of his muscular chest, and I blushed. ‘Why should I blush? This is not the first time I see a man’s bare chest!’

I quickly got over myself and searched for any wound on his torso. His front was fine, now his back…I gasped again when I found a long nasty cut across his back. It’s still bleeding. I grabbed a clean cloth and a bowl of warm water I had always prepared to clean his wound. His body went rigid, it must hurt so much, but Lord Mikael didn’t even flinched. Let alone groaning in pain.

“What happened?” I asked the general (I figured Lord Mikael wouldn’t want to answer that). He’s still standing nearby, watching me work. Perhaps he wanted to make sure his chief got treated well.

“Well..” he glanced nervously at Lord Mikael. “My Lord slightly underestimated the opponent, that’s all.” Whew, that’s vague.

“I was being careless.” growled Lord Mikael, surprising both me and the general. He said nothing else then and seemed furious to himself. I didn’t pose anymore question and did my job in silence. After his wound’s clean, I healed it with my power. The general stared in amazement as the wound sealed itself.

“Done.” I declared a few minutes later, looking proudly at my neat work. Lord Mikael got up at once. “wait.” I stopped him. I rushed to my desk and took a red bottle. “Please drink this tonic, My Lord.” I handed the bottle to Lord Mikael, who accepted it reluctantly. “And please have a lot of rest..it means you shouldn’t wield your blade for at least one week, My Lord.”

Lord Mikael looked at me in disbelief, as if I was telling him to drink a deadly posion. “You’re kidding.” He growled.

I gulped. He sure was scary. “No..Please, just follow my instruction, My Lord, unless your wound won’t be healed completely.” I implored. He grunted in dislike, then he just turned around and left. Unbelievable!

“Umh..please forgive My Lord’s manner.” Said the general, picking up the armor Lord Mikael left behind.

I smiled at him and said, “I don’t mind it.” I thought I saw the general’s face went slightly red. Was he sick? “Do you need any medicine? You don’t look so well yourself.” I asked him.

“Oh…Oh! No, Ma’am..” he shook his head frantically. “Pray excuse me.” He staggered to leave the chamber, leaving me puzzled.

[Mikael POV]

This is such a shame, a disgrace! How could I let my guard down and get wounded?! I was so angry to myself. I hated to go to the infirmary, and to made matter worse, my stupid general Neil brought me to that girl’s working chamber! I should have known; he was practically drooling over her. Now what would she thought about me? She must be thinking that I was a foolish man and I deserved this wound because I didn’t even bother to have a ward placed in the first place. Damn.

I felt like I was grounded. One week without my sword? What should I do to spend the time? This was unbelievable. Where should I channel all of my energy? Sword and fighting and battles were all I got to distract me from..unnecessary things. Ugh, I was so glad to know that Gabriel was away on the battlefield. I wasn’t sure if I could decline her if she came to me now. Damn hormones.

I spent the first day sleeping. I hadnt realized how tired my body was before I hit the bed. When was the last time I had a good sleep? I might have pushed my body over the limit, and it protested. The second day, I walked around the castle aimlessly. I just followed where my feet led me; and they apparently led me to the training ground. My hands itched when I watched several warriors training.

“Mikael, what are you doing here?”

I turned around and saw Raphael walking towards me.

“You’re not thinking about joining them, are you?” he asked again.

“uhm..” somehow I felt like a child caught stealing.

Raphael went on, “Lunalea told me that you should rest for at least one week and she asked me to keep an eye on you.”

“Luna—? Oh, you mean the healer.” So her name was Lunalea. Such a nice name. “Well, I don’t like following her advice, but I guess my body really need some rest.” I said to him.

“Good.” Raphael smiled. “I trust that you will stay true to your words.”

“I’m a man of my words.” I assured him. Raphael seemed satisfied and offered me to go with him to the library. I refused his offer and went back to my palace.

The third day I spent polishing my swords and armors. This task hardly kept my mind from wandering off. And I wasn’t too surprised to find myself thinking about the girl, Lunalea. She was indeed attractive, but there’s something else about her that I could not explain. I never thought about any girl like this before. I wondered what’s going on with me. Maybe there’s something wrong with my head. Maybe I should ask her to fix it..

The fourth day, I couldn’t take it any longer. I needed to see her.

[Lunalea POV]

It’s getting late. I was too engrossed in reading that I didn’t notice the time. I slammed the book in front of me close and put it back to the shelf. I should get back to my chamber, and maybe pay a little visit to the kitchen to grab some food.

Suddenly there’s a knock on the door. Loud and firm. Was somebody sick or injured? “come in.” said I. The door opened and a man stepped inside. The least man I could think of seeing: Lord Mikael. He looked stunning in black outfit and a red velvet cape. I stumbled to give him a bow. “My Lord.” I addressed him. “How can I be of assistance?”

“I brought you this.” He showed me a basket containing some bread and a bottle of milk.

My jaw dropped open in astonishment. Then I quickly closed my mouth, blushing. I saw the corner of his mouth twitched, was he smiling? I took the basket hesitantly, murmuring, “Thank you, My Lord.” How did he know I hadn’t have dinner? He really surprised me. Then I was even startled and confused when he sat down and made himself comfortable.

He looked at me who’s still standing looking at him and said, slightly annoyed, “sit and eat.”

It sounded like a command to me, so I did what I was told. I took a bread and slowly began munching. I offered him some, but he just shook his head. I looked down, didn’t dare to look at Lord Mikael’s face, but I took a glimpse once or twice. He was staring at me intently. I was wondering the whole time about why he was here actually. It couldn’t be just to give me some food, could it? So what did he want from me? I was really anxious.

After I was done with my meal, Lord Mikael asked, “How was it, the food?”

“It was good, My Lord, thank you..” I answered. He nodded in a satisfied manner. I hesitated for a few moments, but I decided to have a go at it. “My Lord, forgive me for asking..but why are you here actually?”

“Hm..you tell me.” He said.

“I, My Lord?”

“Yes. You’re the one who told me to rest for one week. I was bored to death. I demand you give me something to cure my boredom.”

“forgive me, My Lord..but it’s for your own good..” I was sincerely apologetic. “And forgive me because I cannot think of any medicine that can possibly cure your boredom, My Lord..”

Lord Mikael looked rather amused. “Well, think of something.” He got up from the chair and walked up to me. I held my breath. From up close, he looked intimidating and also breathtaking. His black eyes made me want to drown in them and lost forever. “think of something, Lunalea.” He repeated; his voice was deep and strong. Somehow I liked the way he said my name..oh no, what’s happening to me? “think of something, because I think I’m going crazy.”

I yelped when he suddenly yanked me from my chair and pushed me to the wall. He stood very close, I was sure he could hear my heart beating very fast. I couldn’t escape; there’s no use trying anyway. He’s far too strong.

“My Lord…?” my voice was weak, it sounded like a whimper. His face was dangerously close to mine. This proximity was overwhelming. I felt my lips trembled in anticipation. Then suddenly, without warning, he pressed his lips upon mine. The kiss was rough at first, but then it became tender. He slowly ran his tongue on my lower lip, silently asking for me to open my mouth. I refused. His hand suddenly grabbed my waist and I gasped. He used the opportunity to slip his tongue in. it felt warm and…good. Oh, my God, what was I thinking? I must be losing my head.

After what seemed like forever, Lord Mikael finally released me. I was panting, my face felt hot, my body trembled and my legs went weak. If he’s not holding me with both hands, I was sure I would had fallen to the floor. I struggled to look at him. “Why..?” I asked him, confused.

Lord Mikael smiled a little. This was actually the first time I saw him smiling, and it was beautiful. “You are the cure, Lunalea..” he whispered in my ear. I blushed even redder. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know whether he’s serious or he’s just playing with me. But somewhere in my mind, a voice said it didn’t matter.

“Can you stand up?” he asked after a while. I nodded slowly, I was quite steady, though my heart’s still in a frenzy. “okay.” He let go of his hands, and I was surprised that I missed his touch already. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said before he walked away, leaving me puzzled with all these thoughts and weird feelings. Was I dreaming?? I pinched my arm. It hurted, so that meant it’s real! Oh my God.

I went over to the table and grabbed a bottle of green liquid. It was a calming potion; this should do the trick. I drank two bottles of that potion before I retreated to my chamber. I dreamt of Lord Mikael that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805 251 25
COVER BY: @CJIris She thought she knew human history and that she understood the world she came from but one magical encounter made her believe that...
171 54 52
This is about a girl who finds out that it's not easy being a phoenix. She finds out the hard way after all the lives she lived in.
58 1 12
its about how a demon fell in love with an angel