Spiritual Ascend (Book 1 of t...

By _allyondra_

Leah Sparks thought her life was just normal. That is, until she finds out the reason why she was beginning t... More

1.) Spiritual Ascend
3.) Spiritual Ascend
4.) Spiritual Ascend
5.) Spiritual Ascend
6.) Spiritual Ascend
7.) Spiritual Ascend
8.) Spiritual Ascend
9.) Spiritual Ascend
10.) Spiritual Ascend
11.) Spiritual Ascend
12.) Spiritual Ascend
13.) Spiritual Ascend
14.) Spiritual Ascend
15.) Spiritual Ascend
16.) Spiritual Ascend
17.) Spiritual Ascend
18.) Spiritual Ascend
19.) Spiritual Ascend
20.) Spiritual Ascend
21.) Spiritual Ascend
22.) Spiritual Ascend

2.) Spiritual Ascend

568 28 20
By _allyondra_

So this chapter's dedicated to freakyme16(hey friend!!) for doing the second voice I always hoped she would be. Thank you!! ;)

Okay so this is the second chapter......it doesn't have that much action in it but I hope you like it ....

Enjoy!!!

============================================================================

Chapter two:

It was a few minutes after the third bell had rang and I still hadn't made it to my locker due to the busy students who were chatting on the corridors and at the same time blocking my way. Always chatting about nonsense things such as fashion and boys and more fashion! I mean, when are they going to stop?

After getting my books, I quickly ran towards the biology lab, hitting people here and there and receiving angry grunts from all of them. As I turned the final corner, I slowed down so that I wouldn't get caught. This time the hallway was different. Different kinds of dead insects were hanged on the space between the lockers. It was a bit gross. I kind of felt sorry for them as they had such a painful death. I didn't even want to think of how hard they pushed the pins through their fragile wings and legs.

Since I was too busy looking at the insects, I hadn't notice the person who went out the next door I passed. I bumped into a muscled body and went sprawling on him at the same time causing my books to fall.

"Ow!" I said as my elbow hit the floor. But then I saw the person underneath me; it was Nathan Gray. My contact with him sent a spark of electricity up my whole body. I quickly got up and pulled him along with me, muttering "Sorry. Wasn't looking."

"It's okay," He said, looking quite shocked with a hint of amusement. I have to admit, he did look cute with his blue eyes and his dark hair. "I was the one running out the classroom not you."

He bent down and began picking my things up. I bent down to help him but he was done. When he passed them to me, our hands innocently touched sending a tiny shock of electricity up my arm. He gave me a crooked smile and said, "See you later, Leah."

"Yeah," I muttered back. "See you."

Once Nate was gone, I quickly ran towards the biology lab. I was lucky the teacher hadn't arrived yet. I sat beside Tori and began trying to calm my beating heart down. Not because of the Nathan thing but because of the running.

Tori noticed the raggedness of my breathing so she asked, "What happened, Leah?"

I shook my head. "Nothing,"

"It doesn't look like 'nothing' to me."

"I just ran from my locker to here, nothing special."

"Oh really?" Tori said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes!" I said indignantly. "Why don't you believe me?"

"Because I see more things than you'll ever believe or know," Wow. That was weird...and mysterious.

"What's with all the riddles, Tor?" I complained to her jokingly.

"You'll see..." She trailed off, making everything around her more mysterious than ever.

Just then, the teacher arrived and the introductions began again. I just watched and listened to Mr. Snee-or-something--I don't know how to say much less spell his name--drone on and on about how the lessons now would be way more interesting than last year. This whole day was going to be torture.

(Victor's POV)

Ugh. School. Another building that is meant to be prison. But the up side was I get to be with Tori and Leah, my best friends. The down side was, they are mostly in separate classes from me.

Speaking if which, where were they? I had been sitting on this empty lunch table for ten minutes, waiting for them but they still hadn't arrived. We were on the same class before lunch but they just told me to go ahead and reserve a table for all three of us. I was getting hungry so I began picking on my bread sticks, nibbling the sides. Mmm...delicious.

Just then, the chairs in front of me scraped the floor and there my girls sat. Tori with her fiery red curls and her cerulean eyes looked like she could burst with excitement any time now. Leah with her lush chocolate brown hair and emerald green eyes was just as pretty as always. We've been friends ever since we were born and our moms and dads knew each other when they were still in high school. But one of the weirdest things was our birthdays that fell right after the other and all in the same hour. I was June five then Tori’s was six and Leah's was seven all at eight in the morning. Freaky, right? I agree.

"Why are you staring at us?" Tori said, breaking my thoughts.

"Have we got something on our faces?" Leah asked and began wiping her face with her hand. Tori did too.

"No," I said, laughing slightly. They were so different from the other girls here. If you would look at them, they would think that you like them but my girls would think quite the opposite. "Just remembering when we found out our birthdays was just after the other." I smirked.

"Yeah," Leah said staring into space. "I remember too. After that, we began celebrating our birthdays together on the eight."

"Who remembers the time when Vic peed his pants?" Tori said laughing. Leah's face brightened and she began snickering along with her. I felt my face heat up.

"I told you it wasn't pee! Smelly Johnny accidentally made his water spill on me."

"There are no accidents..." Tori trailed off, mimicking that old turtle's words in that panda movie, then she began laughing again. This was why I had a crush on her, she had an amazing laugh that went with her amazing blue eyes and amazing personality.

I mostly kept quiet and kept stealing glances at Tori. At one point, Leah caught me looking at her. So kicking me in the shins and making me yelp earned me some curious looks from the tables near ours.

I snapped my head towards her, saw her give me a wink and a big knowing look. Then I remembered what happened early this morning—Tori tripping, me catching her then Leah accusing me I still like Tori—which is true. Damn. How did she notice it? Was she psychic or was I just really dense? I think I'll go with the dense thing.

I really did like Tori but I knew she would never think of me that way, but only just as a friend. But I didn't give up because there were four things that made me go on.

One, I was different from them. Not gender or attitude different, I mean unbelievably different because I was one of the Blessed, legendary warriors of the Spirits. The Spirits were supernatural creatures that were hidden from humans everywhere. But they weren't completely hidden as they were always mentioned in folktales, myths, legends, etcetera. In other words, they are the flesh and blood of ideas everywhere such as Courage, Happiness and many more.

Two, we are not alone in this world because we have 'partners' or 'soul mates'. Each one of the Blessed and the Spirits are paired, by the Great Spirits, with someone of their kind somewhere in the world whether it may be human or Spirit.

Three, my partner was Tori and that was scary because how in the world did the Great Spirits know my crush? This was going to be really hard since I know she would never believe me. She would just think that I was doing that to get her attention.

Four, I'm not alone. I have a group, too, composed of boys. And our leader was Nathan Gray. He was actually a decent person when he wasn't with his usual group of friends who think they are all this and all that.

But the thing is, since we are all from different worlds and cliques, we couldn't be seen together in one place where there are a lot of witnesses. The others put on a lot of masks to hide their true personality because that's what everyone expects of them.

Nerds couldn't be seen with the jocks while the losers couldn't be seen with the popular clique. I really didn't understand that. We are all human beings and we need equality among ourselves. We aren't very different from each other because we were made from the very same image of the Heavenly Father. And besides no one is perfect so why do the others think highly of themselves?

"So, how was your day?" Tori asked, looking at me. I gulped down the bread stick I was chewing. "Besides sixth period."

"Well, not really eventful. Just the usual crappy stuff like introductions and attendance check. Yours?"

"Same." my girls answered me simultaneously. We all chuckled quietly at each other and went back to our food. We finished our lunches earlier than the other students so we just decided to finish the rest of the lunch period in silence. Well, if you call Tori jabbing at me 'silent'.

I just hope that they wouldn't leave me when they find out I'm one of the Warriors....that is, if they do find out...

(Unknown's Girlfriend's POV)

I was itching to drive my spear in the heart of Leah Sparks. She could not live and ruin all the plans we have made. She was our greatest threat--and what's worse was that she was our enemy.

But I couldn't do what I was trying to hold myself from. It wasn't time to kill her yet, at least that's what my boyfriend said. He was the leader of our group and he called the shots around here.

But sometimes, he was a douche. He wasn't conscious of the little time we had before their Guardians alerted them of what they truly are. And when that would happen, it would definitely be too late to act.

Sometimes, being his girlfriend...sucked. I had to follow-up with all the orders he was giving and make sure everything flowed out right and that luck was on our side.

'You need to talk to him,' The second-in-command muttered in my mind. He was the Beta while I was the Alpha's mate. Well, at least that's what they say in all those werewolf books. 'Stop thinking about those dogs and talk to him!'

'Okay, okay, sheesh. Chill, will you? And BTW, what will I say to him, Mr. Smarty-Pants?' I said rolling my eyes.

'Tell him that he's being stubborn. We have to act now while they are still clueless about the world around them. We can't let them know.' He let out a frustrated sigh in my mind.

'Okay, see you later.' I quickly turned off the mind link thing as to avoid other annoying members. I made my way to our lunch table and sat on my partner's lap. I whispered in his ear--so that meant to those who were watching, it was like I was kissing his neck or something. "Hey, sexy. Your Beta is very worried about the ambush you planned. He said to act now before it was too late."

We changed position so that now he was the one whispering in my ear. I giggled because it was kind ticklish. I didn't care about the people muttering arounf the lunch room about how PDA was so gross but they had to put up with it for now.

"Give the demons three more weeks to grow into their adult self. I promise that our enmies won't be able to prepare themselves in time. They'll be dead before they even know it."

I smiled a sweet smile but in the inside was pure evil. "Good."

==============================================================================

So, what do you guys think? Is this chapter enough to push you on to read what I wrote? I need your thoughts please.

And yeah, remember Unknown back in first chapter? He has a girlfriend and that was the end of her POV. xD See you guys soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HUSH By imacharacter98

Mystery / Thriller

12.8K 712 20
Leah Rhodes has been trapped in her mind for years. One weekend, her parents decide to go out of town, leaving Leah with her older brother. Relishin...
56 6 5
Matt wanders back into Alexs's life... injured and babbling. Why is he here? Alex doesn't have time to argue, not with Matt's life on the line. Howev...
Blackout. [COMPLETED] By Eve

Mystery / Thriller

8.8K 154 26
A person's life is shaped and moulded around their history and their future. Their memories and secrets create the person that they are, and their ho...
67.7K 2.4K 20
Matty has seen faeries since she was eight because of scars on the right side of her face that disfigure her. She's learn to deal with giants walking...