The Only One [n.h. + h.s. au]

By suchakariri

"I don't want to argue." "Then don't." [narry storan au] More

Description
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter Four

3.8K 93 17
By suchakariri

Niall's POV

"He was amazing last night! Did you see him score the final goal?" Caroline screeched from behind me.

"Yeah, I mean he is the captain of the team after all," Sarah said, nonchalantly. "You're so lucky to have a boyfriend like Harry."

Caroline sighed, "He's been so distant for the past few days, though."

"Isn't he tutoring that Irish bloke?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, Niall Horan, I think," she said, thoughtfully. "He cancelled our plans after school because he's meeting up with him."

I began walking faster, in hopes that I would get to art class without being noticed. He's the captain of the team? This is unreal. I sat down at my usual empty table near the window with two minutes to spare. Why would he want to be seen with me? I'm invisible, everyone hates me.

"Alright class, we're trying something different today," Mr. Jones hopped up on the front table. "Once your find a partner, I'll explain what the assignment is."

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I looked up, "Do you want to be my partner?"

"You should probably find someone else to work with," I mumbled.

"I'd rather not," he smiled, sitting down next to me. "I'm Liam."

"Niall," I said, smiling slightly.

"Your task will be to get to know your partner," Mr. Jones started. "You will have a week to complete a drawing or painting that describes them."

Great, I thought. Liam turned in his stool to face me, "Why haven't I seen you around before?"

"I keep to myself, I guess," I shrugged, looking out the window. The sun was shinning, rays of light coming through the glass.

He nodded, "So, Niall, full name?

"Niall James Horan," I said.

"Hobbies?"

"Singing and playing the guitar."

"Can I hear you play sometime?

"Are you even writing this down?"

"No need," he winked. "I'm embedding you into my memory."

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me a bit about yourself, Liam."

"My full name's Liam James Payne. I'm seventeen years young, spoons are terrifying, and I'd really like to get to know you better."

"Your middle name is James, too," I pointed out, smirking.

"Sit with me during lunch today. I think you'll like my mates," he took out his phone, sending a quick text and putting it back in his pocket.

I nodded, "Okay."

Harry's POV

I was planning on asking Niall to sit at my table during lunch. I walked into the cafeteria with Caroline beside me, "Are you sure you can't just tutor him some other time?" she asked.

"He needs help, Caroline. I can't just let him fail," I said, annoyed.

"It's not your fault he's an idiot," she covered her mouth, looking straight ahead. I followed her gaze and groaned internally when I saw Niall's face.

"Come on," Liam sent me a look, pulling him towards his table.

"I didn't mean for him to hear that," Caroline muttered.

I ignored her, going after them. "Niall, don't pay attention to her. What she said isn't true," I said when I reached the table.

"No, she's right. I'm never going to understand anything. Don't waste your time on me," he nibbled on a cookie, staring blankly at the middle of the table.

Liam stood up, pulling me with him, "What the hell are you doing? You're going to make things worse for him!"

"I'm not trying to, Li! What was I supposed to do, let him walk away and act like I didn't care?"

"You don't get it, Harry," he shook his head. "The whole team has been going after Niall ever since he moved here a few months ago. If they see you with him, I'm pretty sure you won't be the only one suffering the consequences."

I stared at him, my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water, "I didn't know it was that bad."

"Well, it is. He's a nice lad and he's been through a lot. Please, don't do anything stupid."

I sighed, "There's just something about him, I don't know what it is. I can't just stay away."

"Are you, Harry Styles, hinting that you like Niall?" Liam questioned.

"I don't know," I ran a hand through my curls. "I sure hope not."

"Sorry, mate," he squeezed my shoulder.

"Zayn says hi," I said, changing the subject.

He bit his lip, "That's nice."

"He misses you a lot. There isn't one day that goes by when he doesn't ask me how you're doing."

"If he really missed me, he'd do something about it," he looked back towards the table. "I'll talk to you later, yeah?"

"Sure," I nodded, and made my way out of the cafeteria. I walked out the side doors, breathing in the fresh air. I just need to clear my head. Caroline and I aren't working out. To be honest, she's inconsiderate and expects everything to be about her. I sat down in the grass, pulling my knees to my chest.

Niall. I don't understand why people hate him so much. Sure, he may be hostile, but he probably has a good reason. Liam even said he's been through a lot. There's no denying that he's attractive. I've never actually defined my sexuality before, I just like who I like. Could it be possible that I like him? I wouldn't want to do anything to scare him away, though.

I heard rustling next to me and was shocked to see Niall sitting beside me, "Hey," he mumbled, looking ahead at the trees.

"Hi," I said, ripping out a piece of grass from the ground.

"I really do need a tutor, but I don't want you to do anything that you'll regret," Niall looked directly at me while he was speaking.

"Why would I?"

"There are plenty of reasons I can think of, one of them being that I'm the biggest social outcast in this school," he sighed. "You're the captain of the football team. It just doesn't work."

"I want you to do better, Niall. I know we only met the other day and we haven't actually spoken much, but I think that there's something more to you, something that I need to figure out," I observed him for a while as he stared up at the sky. "I'll meet you by your locker after school," I said, standing up.

"What?" Niall looked up at me confused.

"If we go to my house, it'll be easier for you to concentrate," I held my hand out, and pulled him up. Our faces were barely a centimeter apart, and his breath hitched. He let go of my hand, backing up a few feet.

"Alright, I'll see you later then," Niall waved and walked back into the building. What was that?

------------------------------------------------------------------

I leaned against the locker next to Niall's, watching him gather his things. "Why are you staring at me?"

"No reason in particular," I smirked. He looked at me oddly and shut his locker. "Ready?"

He nodded, following me out into the parking lot. We reached my car, and I unlocked it. I threw my bag into the back seat and got in, as did Niall. I started the ignition, and the radio turned on.

And they say, she's in the class A Team

stuck in her daydream, been this way since eighteen

but lately, her face seems, slowly sinking, wasting

crumbling like pastries, they scream

the worst things in life come free to us

"Do you like Ed Sheeran?" I asked.

"He's bloody brilliant," Niall laughed.

"That he is," I agreed. I pulled up into my driveway, instantly noticing the absence of my parents' cars.

"You live really close to the school," he said.

"Yeah, it was convenient back when I couldn't drive," I chuckled. We got out, and I grabbed my book bag before walking up to the front door. I unlocked it, pushing it open and letting him go in first.

"Do you think your parents are going to mind that I'm here?" he asked as we went upstairs and into my room.

"No, but they're never home anyway," I sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Oh," he frowned, looking around my room.

"It's not a big deal," I shrugged. "I'm used to it."

"I know how it feels. My mum's always working. I only see her two or three times a week," Niall sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he said, nudging my arm.

"Lets get started, shall we?" I smiled.

A/N:

I feel like this is moving too slow.. but I don't want it to rush either. I have no idea what I'm doing. xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 6.6K 27
[] "And I will love you, Harry, forever and always."
6K 145 12
"Niall..." "Just breathe." "But Niall," "Just breathe, Harry. Stop talking please. Just breathe." (Or the one where Harry thinks Nial...
22.9K 579 42
"never again will i let anyone hurt you."
1.6K 24 26