Chasing Piper

By blizabeth

Meet Piper Hawkens. Senior at Harmen High. She's not your average everyday anything. Especially when it come... More

Prologue
C h a p t e r - O n e
C h a p t e r - T w o
C h a p t e r - T h r e e
C h a p t e r - F o u r

C h a p t e r - F i v e

22 1 0
By blizabeth

Excuse Mistakes-

I pulled into the parking lot of the school about 15 minutes later and the car ride hadn't been unpleasant at all just a lot of rock music by the choice of Chase which I didn't mind because it was one of my favorite genres.

Once I was in park I looked at Chase who was gazing out at the school "So are you ready for this?" I asked and his attention focused back on me as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm used to moving schools so it's not so bad" he answered

"I wouldn't know. I've been here since I was born. I've pretty much gone to school with all the same people but as people get older they change so sometimes it feels like they are completely different" I said ignoring the way he was studying my face as he nodded.

He unbuckled his seat belt so I went to undo mine thinking that the conversation was over but as I reached for the door handle he leaned over the center of the car and touched my chin making my breath hitch, his eyes met mine and then he turned my head so that he could see the side of my jaw that was bruised.

"How bad is the bruise?" he asked and his breath fanned across my face making goosebumps pop up over my arms I hope he didn't noticed, but I couldn't he see how he wouldn't because he was incredibly close to me. My personal bubble was in the process of popping.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not a prude but Greg who is my asshole of an ex-boyfriend is the only guy I've even gotten close to going all the way with. I've kissed other guys sure but he is the only guy I have even made out with. So call me what you will we were very close it felt intense and intimate.

"Pi?" Chase and his stupid nickname brought me back to reality and I realized that I spaced out again today.

"Uh" I cleared my throat "not too horrid. The ones on my stomach are much darker. I covered it though can you see it?"

THIS CONVERSATION WAS SO MUCH MORE AKWARD THEN THE ONE I INVISIONED THIS MORNIG.

"Your stomach?" he asked as he ran his finger across the line of my jaw leaning back some.

"Y-Yeah" I said swallowing and wondering why my voice sounded so awful.

"Would you show me?" he asked and the amusement in his eyes was clear. He was playing with me!

"Shut the hell up" I leaned back and shoved him to his side of the car as he laughed "Now can you see the one on my face or not?"

"No" He said seriously "It looks good" he opened his car door and I followed suit walking around to grab my bag but he threw his arm threw the strap for me holding his arm out in a ladies first manner "Lead the way my lady"

I looked at him like he was an idiot, because he is an idiot

"To where jackass?"

"I dunno your locker I guess if you need books and then I will know where to meet you for lunch. Then maybe the office so I can pick up a schedule and to my first period?"

I cracked a smile "who says we get to meet up for lunch?"

He looked unamused as we started walking to the school "Who else am I going to eat with Pi? And come on we are going to be the best of buds!"

"Stop calling me that"

"No"

"Yes"

"It's cute Pi"

"It's not"

"Is too"

I just looked at him annoyed, we were fighting like children. I looked around at the different crowds of people and noticed we were catching some of the females' eyes which wasn't really a surprise.

"Okay I got it!" I exclaimed "who did you hang out with? Stoners? Trouble makers? Loners? Hit me with it and I will point you in the right direction" I looked at him smiling, but my smile dropped fast because he wasn't amused at all.

"Why are you trying to ditch me? Besides I hung out with myself. I was suspended remember that? And I hang out with whoever you and probably Jake hang out with"

"Jake hangs out with jocks" I deadpanned thinking about the football players he told me he had fought with. He nodded his head.

"Then with you, Jake and whoever you hang out with"

"I hang out with Jake and Cami. People mostly try to use my friendship or they are scared or think I'm a slut" I started entering my locker combination as he leaned against the locker next to me.

"Are you?"

"Am I what" I asked looking at him to see he was already watching me

"A slut?"

"What? No. No I am far from it." I shook my head looking back to my locker "So friends?"

"Don't worry ill make my own friends but you will always be my bestie Pi" he said in a mocking voice.

"Whatever"

"Who is the badass of the school?" he asked all the sudden.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to dig my copy of the scarlet letter from the bottom of my books "why you plan on getting in a fight with him to show your superior?" I asked but I honestly sounded constipated it amazed me how I can knock someone out yet I can get this stupid ass book out of my- oh would you look at that? I smiled to myself then realized Chase had yet to reply so I turned to look at him noticing he was slightly nodding his head. I followed his line of sight and sighed as I closed my locker.

"Exactly who you are looking at actually. Although I hope you don't try to befriend him" I said nodding towards Ben Wards "he is a bully and he actually has some weird obsession with me" he also happens to be Gary's ex best friend and I hate him. He is a freak. Not in the rude 'your a freak' kind of way or even the 'your a freak but extremely handsome and cool' way either. He was like watching a psychopath grow up, you knew the guy was going to end up in jail. It wasn't a matter of if but when.

"Weird obsession?"

Just as I went to speak we heard my name being yelled down the opposite end of the hall.

"Piper! Piper! Oph- excuse me. Watch out you rude hateful bitch!" Cami was currently walking towards me while moving people out of her way until she was standing in front of me.

"Okay" she started taking a deep breath "You will not believe the shit I have heard this morning!"

"I won't?" I asked shooting an amused look at Chase who was just watching Cami with confusion in his eyes at her enthusiasm. Which I understood Cami and I were sometimes complete opposites. Well most of the time we were complete opposites but she was my best friend and I hers so our differences didn't really matter this girl was my rock.

"Tommy told Jenny who told Dallas who told me that Greg-" she stooped before finishing taking in my confused expression "Are you following Pipes?"

"Uh someone told you something?" I tried and made a pained face at my best friend who only rolled her eyes and continued like I had understood everything she had just said.

"That Greg, yes your Greg-"

"He is not my Greg" I interrupted through clenched teeth.

"Oh you know what I mean. Your ex-Greg that he was really missing you and that he was going to try and fix things between you two" she finished in a rush looking worried.

"That Bastard!" I yelled then covered my mouth because I had been so loud. Cami however jumped and squealed before hugging me.

"Oh thank god! Thank God! thank God! I was so worried that you would want to work things out and I was worried I was going have to lock you in a closet and then murder him so he would stay away from you because he is so not good enough for you! But then I would have had to tell someone what closet you were in so they could let you out because I would be in prison and you know how much I hate the color orange" she shivered "but for you Pipes id wear it for life if I needed"

I laughed at her shaking my head "Thanks Cam but I think we can reframe from murder for now"

She nodded looking satisfied and we went to walk away until a throat clearing caught our attention we both looked in the direction of the noise.

"Shit" I said just as Cami's snarky voice came out.

"Well who the hell are you?"

"Cami this is Chase, Chase this is Cami" I said and looked back at Cami "He moved into Mrs. Gray's old house"

"He did huh?"

"Yeahhh" I said drawling out the word because Cami had an odd look on her face.

"Piper I am your best friend when you get a new neighbor you call me or text me, which ever" Cami said throwing her hands up in the air and I knew what she was really saying he was hot I should have told her all of the details yada yada yada.

"Camila I am your befriend you are not supposed to talk to my aunt about my love life. EVER." I said giving her a disapproving look.

"Oh. That"

"Yes oh that! Besides I was working on Calc homework" then I had a fight which is information that I leave out. Did I even finish that homework? I bit my lip thinking and I was well aware that I had checked out again today for the umpteenth time "Calc homework that I didn't finish" I said coming to the conclusion that I had forgotten to do my homework again. I looked at Cami "do you have yours?"

"Yes" Cami replied pulling out her note book "give it to me between 2nd and 3rd you should really think about getting some help in the class"

I just waved her off "that's what I have you and Jake for besides I have to help the new kid I don't have time for all of that" I smiled at her as she stuck out her tongue. I pulled Chase away by his arm toward the office.

"So who's Gary?"

"Don't even try. You have a better chance of walking up a girl tomorrow then getting that story"

He chuckled which is silly because I was completely serious.

------------------------

"Okay" I clapped my hands together "This is your homeroom" I pointed at the door and looked at the clock on my phone "however homeroom is like 6 minutes away from being over so if you want you can just follow me to first period because we actually have that together."

Chase looked at the door "We won't get in trouble?" he asked looking at me skeptically. 

I raised my eyebrows "You're kidding me right?" I asked and he just looked at me "Oh seriously dude you were suspended from an entire school district and your worried about missing 6 more minutes of homeroom?" I shook my head walking closer to the door while mumbling under my breath about him being exactly like Jake and Cami.

Before I could make it to the handle he grabbed my shoulder and I turned to see the large grin on his face "I am kidding Piper, of course I don't care. What were you saying about me being just like Jake and Cami?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and turned from the room so that we were walking back down the hallway "They never skip or miss anything that has to do with school it is so annoying. I get it though it's because they are captains and everyone on the teams look to them for examples" I shrug my shoulders

"You're telling me you're the trouble maker friend that skips class?" He laughed.

"No I am not a trouble maker, my grades are great aside for calculus  and all my teachers like me" I paused and frowned "well aside from my calculus teacher but I just don't always make it to class" I looked at him "You saw me get grounded yesterday, watched me sneak out mere hours later and then went with me to an illegal fight, which I fought at. I think you know I am not saint" I smirked at him.

"Fair enough" he said "How about we skip for the rest of the day I could use a nap"

"How about we don't, I'm missing homeroom which is okay because I was helping you with your locker which we will tell our teachers we had trouble opening, and we have notes excusing us for being late so we can hand them in tomorrow saying that it took longer than we had thought it would. I am not trying to get in any more trouble with my Aunt and Uncle"

"Fine" Chase whined but continued walking, he smirked at me as the bell rang and as class room doors started to open he threw his arm over my shoulder "off to first period we go friend"

I narrowed my eyes at him and his antics but he just laughed off my glare like it didn't mean anything and continued down the hall.

I could tell he was going to be trouble for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
125 0 20
"Take a hint. If I decided to hurt you, I'd have you walk through the door to hell." The rage in my eyes was evident and I knew this punk new exactly...
8.8K 179 11
Senior Year is suppose to the fun right? Parties,bonfires and dances. But that isn't how things go at St Highland Academy. This school has pride its...
234K 5.7K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...