Dylan, Time To Meet The World...

By Sky-blues64

Dylan is a 7th grader who was adopted by the Harts at the age of 5. She and her older sister Maya are treated... More

Girl Meets World
Girl Meets Boy
Girl Meets Sneak Attack
Girl Meets Father
Girl Meets the Truth
Girl Meets Popular
Girl Meets Maya's and Dylan's Mother
Girl Meets Smackle
Girl Meets 1961
Girl Meets Crazy Hat
Girl Meets World: Of Terror
Girl Meets the Forgotten
Girl Meets Flaws
Girl Meets Friendship
Girl Meets Brother
Girl Meets Home For The Holidays
Girl Meets Game Night
Girl Meets Master Plan
Girl Meets First Date
Season 2

Girl Meets Loyalty

3.5K 99 35
By Sky-blues64

"Canada," Mr. Matthews started in class the next day. "Why are we talking about Canada?" Riley asked. "Yeah. Why are we? We live in the states," Maya said. "Let me finish." Cory said, "Canada was once a place filled with only people who were born there." "What does that have to do with history?" I asked. "Let me finish, Dylan. You may learn a lesson," Cory told me. "In this class. Whatever you teach has something to do with our lives. How does Canada have anything to do with our lives?" I asked. My eyes widened. "Are we going on a class trip there?" I asked. "No," Cory said. "Boo!" I shouted.

"Dylan. You never know. There could be some sort of unexpected twist Mr. Matthews is planning," Lucas told me. "Aw! Look at Huckleberry defending the teacher. How original," Maya said. "I agree with Lucas. There seems to always be a twist," Farkle said. "Riley? Do you have anything going on in your life right now?" Maya asked. "Last time I checked. Nothing new here." Riley answered. "Maya? Got any mother problems you didn't tell me about?" I asked her. "Nope. I got nothing," Maya said. "Farkle?" Riley asked. "Nope. Unless this is the day, where Dylan agrees to marry me," Farkle said. "It's not," I told him. "Lucas?" Farkle asked. "Nothing ever happens to me," Lucas said.

"Well. That leaves just one last person." Lucas said. Everyone looked at me. "How ya doing?" I asked. "Dylan? Got anything happening in your life?" Lucas asked. "Nope. Got no problems. Everything is fine here," I replied. "We'll see about that," Cory said. "What does that mean?" Riley asked. "Somethings going to happen. Something big," Maya answered. "Now I got that song stuck in my head." Farkle said. I smirked. "Something big I feel it happening. Out of my control. Pushing, pulling, and its grabbing me. Feel it in my bones. Like-" I sang. Farkle screamed, stopping me. "Okay. Can I now get back to my lesson?" Cory asked, looking at me.

"Wait. Give me a minute.... I got to nothing to say, continue," I told him. I leaned back in my seat. "Okay. As I was saying Canada was once a place filled with people who were born there. They were called First Nations. One day people from other countries came into the place. And it changed everything for them," Cory told us. "And here comes the big thing," Maya said. The front door opened and in walked this boy who was about an inch taller than me.

He had brown eyes, and had brown hair which was a little spiky. I had to admit he looked kind of cute. "Hi. Is this Mr. Matthews class?" The un-named boy asked. "Yeah it is. Welcome to the place where things come to life," Maya said. "Hello, new classmate. I think," Riley greeted. Riley nudged me. Our desks were really close. "Oh. Sup'," I greeted.

"As the girls said. Yeah. Are you my new student?" Cory asked. "New student? It's almost the end of the year. Why would you get a new student when the school year is about to end?" I asked. "You know what. I know we have barely met, but I already like you," The boy said. "Thanks. I can't say the same about you though," I told him. The boy smirked.

"Class this is Jake Bennett. Jake this is the class." Cory introduced. "Hey, class!" Jake said. The class mumbled hellos. "Just so you know, we learn a lot of things here, but none of those things are about Belgium-" Farkle began. "Do not finish that sentence," I told him. Farkle looked down and didn't finish. "Jake you can take a seat behind Mr. Minkus." Cory said. "Who?" Jake questioned. "That guy," Maya said, pointing to Farkle. Jake nodded and took his seat behind Farkle.

"So. Back to the whole Canada, First Nations thing. You said everything changed. Was it for the better or for the worst?" Lucas asked. "That is the real question. I'll let you guys figure it out on your own," Cory said.

~~~~

I was at my locker, putting my history book away. I closed it and turned around to go to the cafeteria. But I was stopped by Jake. "Hey," I said, slightly confused on why he approached me. "I never really caught your name..." He said to me. "It's Hart. Dylan Hart," I said, cooly. "Well, nice to meet you Dylan Hart. You already know who I am. So I'm pretty sure I don't have to introduce myself. I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat," Jake said.

"Is that your way of asking me out. Cause I'm not really interested." I told him. "Okay. Then it will be just two friends getting lunch together," Jake said. "Sorry to break this to you, but. I'm having lunch with my other friends," I told him. "Oh. You mean, Ms. Sunshine and the others?" Jake asked. "Yeah." I said. "You're not mad that I called your friend a name?" He asked. "Nope. It's kind of how me and my friends work. We call each other names," I said.

"Okay. Well, you should probably get to your friends. I just was wondering if we could have lunch together cause I'm new, and I was hoping to make some new friends," Jake said, all sad. I felt a wave of guilt hit me. "Well. I guess I could skip one lunch with my friends," I said. "Really? That would be amazing!" Jake said. "Or. You could have lunch with my friends and me," I suggested. "I'm not really a people person." He said. I crossed my arms, and raised my eyebrows in amusement.

"Oh, really? Cause when you came into class, you seemed okay with all those people," I informed him. "Are you kidding me? I felt like I was going to pee my pants. Especially from all those glares I was getting from your boyfriend," Jake said. My eyes widened. "I'm sorry, but what? I don't have a boyfriend. Kind of why I said I'm not interested. Cause I don't want to have one at the moment," I said. "Oh. Sorry. The way that, that Lucas guy was looking at me. Just seemed like he was your boyfriend. If looks could kill, I would probably be dead right now," He said.

"Wait. Huckleberry? Dirty blonde hair? Tall? Looks like a cowboy?" I questioned. "Yeah." Jake said. Does this mean Lucas may have feeling for me as well? Or did he just felt like Jake was going to ruin all of our friendships? "Interesting," I mumbled to myself before turning back to Jake, "We should probably go before lunch ends." He nodded. The two of us walked off to the cafeteria.

We got our lunch and sat at a table which was far away from my friends. I didn't question it though. I got to know Jake. And I found out we had a lot in common. The whole time I felt like someone was watching us.

~~~~~~

It has been a week later, and we were all sitting in Mr. Matthews class. I didn't hang out with Riley, Maya, Farkle, and Lucas a lot this whole week cause I was hanging with Jake. And when I got home every night, instead of talking with Maya, like I usually do, I walked straight up to my room and texted Jake. It was quite odd. But. I don't regret it.

"Okay. Fill me in on everything that has happened." Mr. Matthews said. "Dylan, what has gotten in to you? You barely talk to me anymore," Maya said. "Maya, that's ridiculous. I'm talking to you right now," I said. "She's right. This whole week, you barely made eye contact with us." Farkle agreed. "What's going on?" Riley questioned. "Nothing. Everything's fine," I answered.

"Excuse me, sir?" Lucas asked Cory. "Yes, Mr. Friar," Cory said. "What happened to those First Nation?" Lucas asked. "The real question is what do you think happened to them?" Cory said. He sat down on his desk. "When the new people came, the First Nations felt out of place. Like their world was turned upside down," Riley said. "Good," Cory said, "Dylan?"

"Yes?" I asked. "What are your thoughts on this?" Cory asked. "Yeah, Dylan. What are your thoughts on this subject?" Lucas asked me. I looked at him. "Why are you guys pressuring her?" Jake asked. "It's what we do here." Farkle informed him, "It's quite entertaining." "That is true." Cory said. "We pressure each other into doing the right thing. We pressure each other to see the right and the wrong choices," Lucas added. "Usually it's Riley." Maya said. "Yeah. The lessons usually have to do with me. But now the lesson is about Dylan," Riley said. "No it's not," I said.

"This is just another lesson. Which I still don't get. This has nothing to do with me," I said. "You still haven't answer," Maya told me. I sighed. I looked up at the ceiling and thought about it. "Some of the First Nations thought that these new people were nice. That they were good. Some of them took chances with them. A few of them started to hang out with the people. And they figured out..." I started. "Figured out, what?" Cory asked. "That the new people... were good?" I answered, but it came out as a question.

"We're they Dylan? Or are you unsure?" Cory asked me. I bit my lip. "I've got nothing else to say. What is the meaning of all of this?" I asked. "He is taking you away from us!" Maya shouted, pointing at Jake. "What?" I asked. "Dylan. Ever since he came, you've became very distant from all of us," Riley said. "Ever since he showed up, it's like we're not sisters," Maya said. "Maya... Riley... Just cause I made a new friend, doesn't mean that I'm still not yours," I said.

"Girls. That's enough," Cory said. "What's the lesson here?" I asked him. "Farkle time, sir?" Farkle asked. "Yeah, sure Farkle. I think this is a great time for Farkle time," Cory said. He and Farkle switched spots. Farkle flipped over the name plate on Cory's desk and turned around.

"The First Nations were great people. They gave everyone a chance." Farkle said, "But their generosity was taken for granted." I looked back at Jake. He smiled softly at me. "But other people were careful with the First Nations generosity right?" Jake asked. Farkle sent daggers at him. "Yeah. But others didn't," Farkle said. The bell ringed. We all walked out. As I was about to leave, I was pushed back down by Maya.

"You're not going anywhere just yet, sis," Maya told me. I watched as Jake left. Maya, Riley, Farkle, and Lucas surrounded my desk. "Dylan. We care about you. We don't want to see you get hurt," Lucas told me. "I know. But why are we talking about this?" I asked. "You still don't see it?" Riley asked me. "Jake is-" Farkle started. "Don't finish that sentence." I said, in a deadly tone. Farkle was a bit taken a back and took one step away from me. "I know what I'm doing. Jake is a good guy. He's a great friend." I said, getting up, "Just like you 4." With that I walked out.

~~

I stepped into Riley's bedroom through the bay window. "Hey," I greeted. I looked up and saw Riley and Maya. "Where were you?" Riley asked. "I waited for you by your locker for 15 minutes after the final bell ringed. You never showed up," Maya said. "Oh. Jake and I went to our hangout," I answered.

"Our hangout?" Riley asked. I nodded. "Okay, Dylan. What is Jake to you?" Riley asked. "A friend," I answered. "We are worried about you. The regular you wouldn't be the you, you are right now," Riley told me. "You're ignoring us. And that's not okay with me or to Riley or to Ranger Rick or to Farkle. We all miss you," Maya told me. With that I walked out of the window.

"Dylan?" I heard Riley ask me.

~~

I walked into mines, Maya's and mom's house. It was really dark in here. Which was unusual. My phone beeped and I took it out. I found out I had gotten a text from Jake. I smiled and opened it up. It read:

Hey! I was wondering if you wanted to go catch a movie.

I thought about it. "Mom!" I shouted. I needed to ask her first. I got no answer, but I saw a shadow figure approach me. When I got a closer look, I saw Maya wearing a black dress which you would wear at a funeral. I rolled my eyes. "Mom isn't here. She is still getting over the fact that her youngest daughter died," Maya said, dramatically. "Last time, I checked, I was still alive," I said.

"No. Dylan Hart died, and was replaced by someone else." Maya said. "Okay, what are you trying to say Maya? Cause right now, you're acting somewhat like Riley," I said. "I'm saying you changed. Way too much. That the real you has died inside," Maya said. "This is rid-" I started. "No, don't finish that sentence," Maya said, cutting me off, "I understand that this is ridiculous to you now. But before that boy came you would think this was an amazing idea. Just say no more. I'm gone." She started to walk to her room.

"Maya I-" I started. "No. I tried Dylan. Riley tried. Huckleberry and Farkle also tried by pitching all the ideas. We all tried. You made your choice. You rather be friends with some guy you just met. Instead of still being friends with some of the people you've known for your whole life," Maya told me. With that she walked down the hall and to her room. I heard a door slam, and a door open.

I turned around to see mom had just walked in. She looked at me, and her expression from happy changed to concerned. "Dylan? Are you okay, sweetheart?" She asked me. "I'm fine," I told her. "You are not fine. You're crying. Now tell me what is going on," Mom told me. I touched my cheek and found it wet with tears. I did not know I was crying.

I shook it off. "I made a new friend. And Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle don't like him. They think he's taking me away from them. That he is bad news," I told her. "Did you have a full conversation with anyone of them?" Mom questioned. "I just had a conversation with Maya before you came. I tried to have one with Maya and Riley before I got home. I walked out," I said. I let out a little whimper.

"I lost my friends. And the worst part of it all is.... I lost my big sister." I said. Mom then hugged me, tight, as I gently cried into her shoulder. I have no idea what I have just done. But I know I don't want to stop being friends with Jake. I want to have my old friends back, as well. I'm not quite sure if that is all possible. I pulled out of mom's tight grip.

"Thank you, mom. For this talk. I think I just need to lie down for a while," I told her. With that I walked down the hall into my room. When I entered my phone beeped. It was another text message from Jake. This one said: Yes or no? I shook my head and threw my phone at the wall. I did not want to have to deal with him right now. I walked over to my bed and buried my face in my pillows. I reached out onto my nightstand and picked up my diary. I also picked up a pencil.

Dear Diary,

It's been a while since I last wrote in you. The last thing I wrote was, maybe I like Lucas more than I think. It doesn't matter anymore. I pretty much lost him along with my other friends. Including Maya. This all started with Jake. But. He's a good friend. I don't want to end this friendship with him. But, because of it, I've been ignoring all of my friends. I didn't want this to happen. And I'm not sure what I have to do, to make everything right. Without hurting anyone any more.

I shut the book closed and put it back on my nightstand. I walked over to the wall I threw my phone at and picked it up. I walked back to my bed and sat cross-legged. I put on the song So Cold by Ben Cocks. It is one of my favs. When it started to play I put the phone on the nightstand and lay down on the bed. My knees were up to my chest as I layed.

You can't hear me cry

See me dreams all die

From where you're standing

On your own

It's so quiet here

And I feel so cold

This house no longer

Feels like home

The whole house/home lyric replayed over and over in my head. It's kind of true. This house, no longer feels like home for me. The reason why is because I'm not sure if Maya and I are sisters anymore.

~~~

I walked into class the next day, and was greeted by absolute silence. I was late. I looked up to see everyone was staring at me. The only one who was smiling at me was Jake. Everyone else just gave me a blank look. "Ms. Hart," Cory said. "I know. I'm late," I said. "In other teacher's books you are, in mines' you're right on time," Cory told me. I nodded. I took my seat in between Riley and Maya. I didn't look at them, and they didn't look at me. It was sad. I still don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

"Okay. Now that everyone is here, it is time I tell you some big news," Cory said. "Jake is transferring into a new class?" Maya asked, hopefully. "I'm right here," Jake said, clearly offended. "I know. Which is why I wish you weren't," Maya said. "Um... Okay. But Maya the answer to your question is no. The big news is..." Cory began. He stopped and glanced at me. "Isn't this the part where you interrupt me? And say: 'Get on with it already!'" Cory said. "I'm good, right now," I told him. "Okay. If you're sure," Cory said.

"Now. What is the big news?" Riley asked. "Do we finally get to know what happened in Belgium 1831?" Farkle asked, hopefully. "I'm guessing no, buddy," Lucas told him. "You know that test we had a few weeks ago? The whole class got an 85% or higher!" Cory cheered, "Including Maya! Which shocks me." "I passed a test. Like I got an A on it?" Maya asked in disbelief. "Yeah!" Cory cheered. "Someone pinch me," Maya said. "I'm on it," Farkle said, standing up. He reached out to pinch Maya. She grabbed his hand and stopped him. "Hands off it," She ordered and pushed Farkle back down on his seat.

"So. With this I have decided to throw a little party for you guys tonight!" Cory cheered. "For real?" Farkle asked. "Yeah. Why would you think this wouldn't be for real?" Cory replied. "Well, sir. Considering the first school dance, and Farkle's party, it's kind of weird," Lucas answered. "It is. Is this party of your whole Canada lesson?" Riley asked. "I'll let you find out the answer to that on your own," Cory said. I bit my lip. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

~~~

The next thing that I knew, I had walked into the gym for this whole party thing. My nerves were basically taking over. I looked all around the gym. I spotted Jake on one side of the gym, talking with some of our classmates. On the other side of the gym, was Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle. I watched as Riley, Maya, and Farkle walked away from Lucas. I assume that they were going to hit the dance floor and Lucas didn't want to.

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a black top, with a light pink skirt which ended just above my knees. A sparkly belt hung around my waist. I was also wearing some black flats. I let out a little sigh and walked up to Lucas. I just needed to talk to someone.

"Hey, Cowboy," I greeted, as I approached him. Lucas looked down at me, since I was shorter than him. I saw a small smile on his lips. "Hey, Dylan. Shouldn't you be with Jake?" Lucas asked me. "I don't know." I said, looking down, "Can I be honest with you?" "Of course you can," He told me. "The whole time I was hanging out with Jake, I didn't feel any regrets about anything. But when I'm not with him, everything just kind of hits me. All of the pain I've caused the people I care about. All the pain I've caused myself," I told him.

Lucas stared down at me, blankly. "Look. I know we're not the best of friends. I constantly call you names, and tease you. But. I'm sorry for... everything," I told him. "I know you are. And I do forgive you. For everything," Lucas told me. I nodded. "Thank-" I began but was cut off by someone grabbing my arm, and dragging me over to the stage. I looked up and saw Jake was the one who was dragging me.

"Jake, what the heck are you doing?" I asked. "Oh. Mr. Matthews wanted you on stage. Something about a lesson. I honestly wasn't paying attention after he said to get you," Jake answered. "Well that's handy to know," I said, sarcastically, as I was brought onto the stage.

Jake made me stand behind a little table with a large cake on it. I looked around but I couldn't find Cory anywhere. "Where's Mr. Matthews?" I questioned. "Oh, he's right..." Jake began. I then felt a hand grab the back of my head and push my face into the cake. I struggled to get my face out of it. And when I did, I had cake everywhere on my face. I think some even got in my nose.

I looked up at everyone. The whole class was laughing at me. Including Jake. The only ones who weren't laughing were Mr. Matthews, Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle. I was confused on why Jake would do this. I thought he was my friend. I was sad because my friends were right about him, and I just ignored them. And I was humiliated. All of the 7 graders were laughing at me.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar male voice shout. I turned around and saw Lucas making his way next to me. "Stop laughing! How would you feel if someone laughed at you? And there is no reason why you should be laughing at a beautiful, talented girl like Dylan!" Lucas shouted. I was shocked at what he said. Farkle walked onto the stage. "Yeah. Why should you be laughing at someone who puts a smile on your face even when you're blue? Someone who always puts other peoples' needs before theirs," Farkle said.

Everyone had stopped laughing at this point. I stared at the two boys in disbelief. Riley then skipped onto the stage. "Someone who is always there for you when you need them. Someone who gives you inspiration when you really need it," Riley said. Maya hopped onto the stage and walked over to me. She stood beside me. "Someone who gives you a whole new view of the world. Who gives you support on your ideas. Who is the best little sister anyone could have," Maya said, as she wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

I smiled. "Thank you. You guys didn't have to do that. Especially after the way I treated you. I'm deeply sorry." I told them. "Of course we had to do it, D. No matter what happens, we will always be friends. And friends stick together," Farkle told me. "Always," Lucas said, wrapping an arm around my waist. "We'll stand by you. No matter how big you mess up," Riley told me. "And you really messed up," Maya told me. We all laughed.

"You guys are the most amazing friends anyone could ever ask for." I told them. We all shared a group hug. When we pull away I saw Jake walk out of the back door. Mr. Matthews walked up to us. "So. What's the lesson here, Ms. Hart?" Cory asked me. "Some people are good people. Others aren't. You're true friends will stand by you and help you figure out the rights and wrongs of the people. The First Nations made friends with the new people. They found out who were good and who were bad." I said, "The other First Nations were loyal. They stood by each other. Even when one of them messed up. Really bad."

"Good. You understood the lesson," Cory said, "Good job." I smiled, softly and leaned my head on someone's shoulder. I thought it was Maya's, but when I looked up to my side I saw Maya standing there smiling at me. I realized I was leaning on Lucas' shoulder. I didn't move my head though. I stayed in the same position. Lucas still had his arm around my waist. He didn't remove it.

"Hey, Dylan. You got a little something there," Lucas told me. I lifted my head a little and looked up at him. "Where?" I asked. "There," Lucas said. He pointed a finger at my nose and removed some frosting that was on me. I had forgotten about the whole cake thing. He licked his finger clean of the frosting. "Hmm... This is actually really good," Lucas said. "Oh really?" I asked with a little smirk on my face. I picked up a large piece of cake that was still on the table.

"You should have some more," I told him. I smushed the piece of cake all over his head. I giggled as I lowered my hand. Lucas licked his lips. "It's still very tasty," Lucas commented. We all bursted into laughs.

Even though I didn't get the lesson at the beginning, I do now. I know that my friends are loyal to me, and from now on. I'm loyal to them. Through everything and anything.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter idea was given to me by a quotev user: Missassy. You go girl! I changed this chapter up a bit. I hope you enjoyed it. My first original chapter in this book and my first original chapter to have more than 400 words. YAY! I basically spent this whole week on this chapter. I'm sorry I didn't get this up sooner. It was the first week of school for me. And it was just chaotic. Another reason to add to my list on why I hate school. 

So, just so you know. I will not be doing Girl Meets Farkle's Choice. I like the episode, but I'm just not feeling it. So the next chapter will be Girl Meets First Date. I am so excited for it and sad. Cause then this book will end. But there will be a season 2. It is still sad though. I don't want it to end.

So tell me your thoughts in the comments below, and also your predictions for Girl Meets First Date. Some of you maybe surprised with it.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.5K 32
Scarlet is just 3 years old and living on the streets all alone. One day she is spotted by Riley Matthews and Maya Hart on their way home from school...
170 0 37
A 14-year-old girl who has been adopted finds out that she has known her real family for a long time. - this is my first story i wrote here so im sor...
96K 2.8K 39
When Sam and Katrina adopt a Girl it isn't what they thought it to be. When they find out about their daughter Abby's past it changes their whole per...
102K 2.1K 31
This about a girl named, Gabby Dallas. She is Cameron Dallas little sister. So everyone knows her on Vine, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. But they...