Freedom (Teen Wolf Season 2)

By NotMyself24

16 year old TJ had nothing to live for. That is until she met the man who could change everything for her, on... More

Prologue
1: Waiting for Superman
2: Panic Attacks
3: Noticed
4: Changes
6: School
7: Wrench
8: Breathe
9: Dangerous
10: Marijuana, Liquor, and Pain
11: Tabby Jane Herself
12: Sweet Bourbon
13: Jackson
14: Mystilyst
15: I Love You, Goodbye

5: Tabitha Jane

410 11 2
By NotMyself24

"Stay awake TJ, I know it's hard, just stay awake."

My body eases up a little, my eyes still rolling in and out of my head. Blood sliding out the corner of my mouth, nearly impossible to breathe. Tears uncontrollably falling from my eyes, my head pounding.

"Come on, we're almost there. Just- just stay awake. You've gotta stay awake TJ."

I start to choke on the blood trying to clog my airways. Derek lifts my head a little to help. My body stops convulsing, but it still shakes. My eyelids threaten to close, my eyes done rolling into the back of my head, flicking around nervously.

"Stay awake TJ!"

I can barely hear my heart beating, if I close my eyes, it'll be the end of me. I always knew that my death would be bloody, but I thought it would be because of parents. I thought that I'd never get someone who cared, I never knew that I would get my superhero to come to my rescue. I had no hope, so why should I now. All I've known is abuse, at least I'll die knowing that I was rescued, that the world wasn't always against me, that I could love, that I could be loved, that I would never have to see my parents' faces ever again, that one day I would get my freedom.

"No, keep your eyes open TJ! TJ! Come on! TJ! Stay awake, TJ! We're almost there."

My eyes slowly close, I lost my chance.

"Tabitha!"
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
"She's dying anyways!"

"So!?!"

"What's the point of sitting here when we can just fix it."

My eyes shoot open as my hand wraps around a wrist with claws extended from the fingers. I sit up and follow the arm to the face. Erica.

"Can you let go?" She grimances.

I stand up, my hand still wrapped around her wrist. My claws extend as I show off my fangs. I bend her wrist back causing a sickening crunch, I kick her in the hip and push her onto the ground. She groans from the floor as I growl.

"Gladly." I smirk.

I turn around and plop down on the couch.

"How do feel?" Derek asks, eyes wide with shock.

"A little pissed off, other than that I feel great." I shrug.

"You don't remember what you said right before you went under do you?"

"No? What did I say?"

"You said that 'you are the only one who knows.'"

"That knows what?"

"That's all you said."

"Great." I scoff. "Just great." I stand up and start pacing. "What's that supposed to mean anyways!?! 'Only one who knows?' That's bullshit! I'm probably just fucking crazy!" I slam my fist into the subway creating a massive creator. "This is all pointless, who the fuck knows what's out there! What killed my parents and Isaac's dad, it could still be out there, whatever killed Tucker, it could still be out there! Only thing I know is, when I find it whatever it is, Ima kill it!"

"TJ, calm down." Isaac says.

"Wait, how'd she know about Tucker?" Boyd asks.

"What?" I breathe.

"Tucker, the mechanic that got killed in his garage."

"When?"

"Yesterday."

"Stiles was there."

"Who's Stiles?" I ask.

"The kid at the station."

"Buzzcut?"

"Yep."

I nod and start pacing again. My eyes stay glued to the floor.

"Maybe he did it, but he couldn't have. He's human, no claws to cut with, too wimpy to kill. It's not Scott either, he's too weak to kill, he couldn't even if his life depended on it. Allison?" I mumble.

I stop pacing for a second and look up.

"Derek, could a hunter be a werewolf?" I ask.

"No, if they get bit they have to kill themselves before they transform."

I nod and start pacing again.

"She can't be it, clearly. Redhead maybe? She got bit and nothing happened. She's also always with Scott or Allison, or Jackson. Maybe it could be Jackson. It's him or Redhead, she's too prissy, it has to be Jackson."

I stop and start for the stairs.

"I'll be back!" I call over my shoulder.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
My feet pound against the ground as I dart through the trees. I jump the fence and keep running. (A/N: this should be familiar. Through the woods, fence, other things.) I take a left and slow down. My hand slides into the bush and digs around. My wrench isn't there. I look over my shoulder at a big house. I swallow a lump in my throat.

Jackson.

It's Jackson, and I'm the only one who knows.

I take off towards Tucker's garage. Let's just hope the cops don't see me. I slide behind a bush when I here an engine coming close. I watch as Jackson's Porsche drives past. I roll out and start running, the Porsche drives past the scene and I open the door. I slowly walk into where Tucker was murdered and peer around the room. A silver glint of light catches my eyes and I start walking toward it. Crouching down, I stare at what lies before me. My wrench, and an alarming detail.

You're Welcome Jane.

Written in blood on the handle. I scrub the blood off and slide the wrench into my pocket. I leave through the back and take off back to Derek's.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
I slowly walk down the stairs of the subway station trying not to be noticed. I tiptoe through the building to my room. I step on the wrong floor board and it creeks.

"Where were you?" Derek asks in his alpha tone.

"Places."

"Really?" He slightly smiles then goes straight back to a way to stone cold glare. "Which ones?"

"The ones that I went to." I shrug starting to walk off. He grabs ny shoulder and spins me around pulling me against him.

"Last time I'm going to ask. Where did you go?" He growls. I gulp.

"I went back to my house to grab something." I whisper in a small voice.

"Go get ready." Derek says defeated, I didn't lie, why is he angry.

"Where are we going?"

"To get the Beastiary."

I nod and walk toward my room. A tear slides down my cheek. I aggressively wipe it away and grab clothes. I set the wrench under my pillow and take off the clothes I have on now. I pull the leggings over my legs and slide a haultertop over my bra. I put on my leather jacket along with my heeled boots. I fake a smile and leave the room.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Erica pulls Stiles through the door and his face drop as he sees Derek and I standing here.

"Oh." He whispers.

"What did you see at the mechanics the other night?" Derek asks in his deep voice. Erica had joined us as Stiles stayed.

"Several alarming EPA violations that I'm considering to report." He says sarcastically. We all snicker while Stiles looks like he did something big. Derek pops the basket ball in his hands. Stiles steps back a little. I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow telling him to tell us. "Holy God. Okay, okay. It was green and had scales, yellow eyes. Is that enough?" Derek raises an eyebrow. "Ugh, fine. It had claws and a tail, razor sharp fangs." My eyes avert to something with the same description as the thing from Tucker's Garage. "What- you guys have that look like you know exactly what I'm talking about."

The thing hisses and Derek pulls me behind him. It jumps down and knocks Erica out cold. I slightly smirk but stay behind the alpha. The lizard thing comes toward us on all fours. Derek pushes me back sending me into Stiles before growling at the creature. They fight, it disappears, cuts Derek's neck in the back, he falls, the things disappears again. Stiles picks Derek up and we walk to the walkway between the two pools. I search frantically for the lizard on steroids so whatever it did Derek, It doesn't do to me.

"Do see it?" Stiles asks.

"Nothing." I mutter.

I hear a loud hissing and slide back flicking out my claws, because when it comes down to it, I'm going to have to protect Stiles and Derek.

"Call Scott!" Derek orders.

Stiles pulls out his phone and Derek falls into the water.

"Stiles!" Derek calls out before he hits the water. Stiles dives in after him and I stand frozen.

The thing hisses again and I allow myself to shift all the way letting out a low growl afterward.

"TJ, be careful." Derek whispers.

I snap my head in his direction and he and Stiles both stare at me in awe. My head cocks to the side before I look around for the lizard. I walk into the main area of the pool and let my features go back to normal. I walk into the hallway leaving the two behind. I bump into a hard chest and stumble back.

"Woah, sorry. I-I didn't see you."

I look up rubbing my nose.

"Don't worry, it's fine, nobody ever does anyways."

"I normally do."

"What do you mean? Wait, first off who are you?"

"I'm Matt, we have 5 classes together."

"I'm-"

"Tabitha Jane Jacobs, I know. You're welcome by the way, for what happened to your parents. Just don't tell anyone, okay?"

"So you did it?"

"Me, no, never, I just have my fury that does things for me."

"Yeah, and my parents didn't beat the shit out of me, they had a fury too."

"My fury, is that lizard."

"Then you tell it to leave them alone." I growl showing my eyes.

"You're not normal either. Not a normal werewolf I mean anyways. Nice talking to you, but uh I gotta go."

I run back into the pools and search for Derek. Stiles is floating in the water on his phone, but no Derek. I frantically look around searching for Derek and that fury of Matt's. Stiles throws his phone off to the side and swims back underwater. He let my alpha drown. If Derek dies I'm gonna kill Stiles.

"TJ, be careful!" Derek warns.

I swivel around and run over to the pool.

"Where is it?" I whisper.

"Close, it can't swim either. So your best bet is to join us." Stiles says.

"I can handle it." I smirk I stand up and walk around.

I keep my eyes stable alert for the gigantic lizard. I transform again and roar. The thing hisses and comes at me on all fours. I run at it dodging its every move. I do a back flip to avoid its freakishly long tail, I growl again and roll away. My hand meets its tail and my vision goes white before changing.

The lizard and Matt walk by a car and their hands meet.

Another flash of white.

My parents are walking around calling out my name. The lizard comes up behind them and flicks their necks. Their bodies drop and they start screaming. The lizard rips them apart.

White.

Isaac's dad getting clawed.

More white.

Tucker being crushed.

I let go of the tail and start breathing hard. The lizard slices the back of my neck with its tail. I feel my body go numb and collapse into the pool. Water cases my body, my lungs burn and my head pounds. My eyes slowly close.

I feel my body fly through the air and land on something hard. I start breathing hard as my eyes open. I still can't feel my body.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
One thing I want to know is how Matt knows my name, more importantly why he killed all those people. It just doesn't make sense. There was something else, the visions. I could've fought back if that didn't happen. I never would've been paralyzed, never would've fell into the water, never would've had a panic attack because I lost control of my body, and would've found out what the hell that lizard thing was a hell of a lot sooner. Yeah, apparently it's called the Kanima, and Derek has us testing people to see if they're the Kanima. I put my two suspicions up to bat, Lydia and Jackson, even though I know that it's Jackson. Where most of the murders happened, they're all by Jackson's house. That and he's an ass, and he got bit and nothing happened. Matt controls him though, I don't know how.

"What's on your mind?" Derek asks taking my hand in both of his.

"It's nothing." I choke on my words a little.

"Is it because what happened?"

"What happened?"

"When you shifted, when you fell into pool, the anxiety attack."

"Why did you and Stiles look at me the way you did when I shifted?"

"Because your eyes, they were teal."

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 2.7K 28
Lyrica Hale, the wife of Derek Hale, teaches Musical History at Beacon Hills High School. She's a werewolf, bitten and turned at the age of 14. The d...
828 29 9
An Argent and a Hale. How rare- Oh wait. Ha-ha ✧❁❁❁✧✿✿✿✧❁❁❁✧ 22-year-old Olivia Argent left for university right as she turned 18. She kn...
867K 23.1K 61
Derek was supposed to hate Maeve, he had to hate Maeve. Yet, he found himself undeniably in love with her. COMPLETE ( with epilogue and bonus chapter...
2K 63 13
Now that Jackson has left and Gerard is gone. TJ had a pretty normal summer, other than the fact that she has been searching for Vernon and Erica, ma...