Burning Love

By silver_moonlight

It has been a year since the seven of the prophecy defeated Gaea. Now, they are relaxing and enjoying their l... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 9

401 14 10
By silver_moonlight

Dianne's POV

All of our heads turned to the raven black haired-boy, for him to introduce.

"Ugh, this is stupid!" he said in an Italian Accent "I don't even want to go on a quest!"

He then stormed off and was soon gone.

What was his problem?

|>_<|>_<|>_<|>_<|>_<|>_<|

"Ah, sorry about him," said Leo. "He's usually like that."

"Who is he anyway?" I asked.

"Nico di Angelo, son of Hades," he replied.

"Hades, god of death," I said. "Is he friendly or dangerous?"

"Friendly. But when mad, dangerous," replied Leo with wide eyes, while nodding his head.

"Oh," I said. "Should I go talk to him?"

"NO!" replied Clarisse and Leo at the same time.

"Maybe," said Clarisse.

"Well, a certain someone here told me that rules are made to be broken," I said, looking directly at Frances as she smiled. "That's isn't technically a rule, but it is like one. So, I'm gonna go talk to him."

"I'll go with you," said Frances.

I nodded. "Okay." I stood up as the others did so.

"Well, Clarisse and I'll both go with you," said Leo.

Clarisse shook her head. "Uh - uh. I'm not going to comfort a son of Hades."

"Fine," said Frances. "I'll stay with Clarisse then, she'll need company. You and Leo will go to Nico?" She said "Nico" with a question mark. Probably she's not that sure of Nico's name, she's not good with names.

Leo and I nodded and headed off to the direction where Nico was headed.

It seems that he was headed towards his own cabin.

"So Leo," I said as we walked towards Nico's cabin. "Is Nico alone in his cabin? He's a son of the Big Three right? I just noticed that the cabins of the Big Three aren't that occupied."

"Well," said Leo. "You're very observant. Yes, he is alone. He USED to have a sister named Bianca, but..."

He trailed off.

"She died," I said.

"Yes," Leo replied. "He also has another sister, in Camp Jupiter. Hades is known as Pluto there. Her name is Hazel Levesque."

"Oh," I said.

We arrived at the door of Cabin 13: Hades' Cabin.

It is a windowless cabin made of solid obsidian, with heavy columns and torches that burn green-like Greek fire twenty-four hours a day and has a skull over the door.

I knocked on it.

"Leave me alone," said a voice, probably Nico.

"Er - you don't know me," I said awkwardly. "But I'm here to acquaint myself to you."

"Is this a new girl from the quest?" his Italian voice closer to the door.

"Yes," I replied. "May I come in?"

"No," he said.

"Come on please!" I said. "I'll just come in then."

"If you know better, you will not," said Nico.

"I don't know better," I said as I opened the door. "I know best."

I stuck my head in the room and saw Nico sitting on the floor with his legs in his arms.

"Hi Nico," I said as I walked to where he was. "Chiron told us to spend this day acquainted with each other, so, Hi, I'm Dianne."

I extended my hand for us to shake hands, but he didn't take it.

"I'm Nico, though you probably know it already," he said. "I could see Leo's with you."

Leo, in fact, was now standing behind me.

"Hey man!" he said.

"Hey," replied Nico, still not looking up.

"So, I don't really understand why you don't want to go on this quest," I said starting this conversation.

"I don't see why you want to," he replied.

"I never said I wanted to," I said, raising my voice. "I have got no choice. Frances is determined to go on this quest, she is my sister and only one. I don't want to lose her. Besides, we've been chosen and I believe it's destiny to be chosen. Don't you?"

Nico shrugged. "I lost my sister," he said. "So, you think it's destiny to lose someone? It's been a long time since she's gone, I got over it. Anyway, that isn't the reason why I don't want to go on this quest."

"Then why?" I asked, curiously.

"I don't want to tell you," he said.

"Just tell us Nico!" said Leo.

Nico opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him. It seems that he would say some nasty words.

"No," I said. "It's okay if you don't tell us. I understand, I've kept secrets too. But one way or another, you shall come on this quest, for I said it is destiny."

I stood up and walked to the door as Leo followed me.

"Nice talking with you Nico di Angelo," I said while closing the door.

"You were good with words back there," said Leo. "For a girl."

"Whatever, it's as if you're also good with words," I said.

He shrugged. "I'm good at mechanism."

I nodded, not knowing what to do.

"So, Chiron told us to get acquainted, want to play 20 questions?" asked Leo, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know that much about you."

I nodded. "It's a good way to pass the time!"

"Come on!" he grabbed my arm and lead me - to the forest.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"There's a place here I've made only my eyes can see," he said. "But now, I'll introduce you to that place."

"Emosewa era uoy zedlav oel!" he said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"The password," he replied. "It is the backwards of a fact that states: Leo Valdez is awesome."

Suddenly a shack with plenty of gears and tools hanging on the outside emerged from the ground.

"Wow!" I said. "You made all of these?"

"Yes," he said. "Aren't I awesome?" He wiggled his eyebrows which I find cute, so I giggled.

"You're such a silly boy! Even though you're older than me," I said.

"Now, do you wanna explore the Leo Shack with me?" he said.

I nodded. And together we went inside the "Leo Shack."

-----------------------

Leo's POV

I adore Dianne.

Really I do.

She is almost her sister's opposite. ALMOST.

I love the way she laughs. She is smart, mature, has a good sense of humor... I love her teeth. I love her hair. I love her eyes, they shine bright like her sister's.

I also adore Frances.

She is beautiful, funny, caring, and a bit sassy. She doesn't care about anything, she is carefree. I can tell that she really loves her sister.

Those are the two girls I just met, yet managed to make me adore them. AND I get to spend time with them during the quest. Yipee!

Yes, call me one lovesick puppy. I'm in love with two girls, so what? But what would you expect for a guy who has been single since birth and finally found 2 loves who is NOT out of his league? :P

Anyway, Dianne and I spent a lot of time together in my shack and I can really tell I got her attention.

I am happy for that.

At least one girl that I love, pays attention to me. Sigh,but I'm still not giving up on Frances.

----------------------------

Frances' POV

Almost the whole day I spent with Clarisse. I've learnt that she is a bully and a warrior. Cool!

Clarisse took me to her cabin.

Cabin Five: Ares' Cabin is badly painted red and has a large boar's head over the door with barbed wire on the roof. Rock music is constantly blaring from it.

"It's a bit messy here," said Clarisse as she opened the door.

Wow! What she said was an understatement.

Everything inside has scratches and scorches. Books were messily piled on one another on one side. There were clothes everywhere and big speakers boomed, playing rock music.

There was no one inside for everyone was training outside.

"So," said Clarisse. "I brought you here because I think you might need a weapon."

I gulped. "A weapon? As in a real one?"

"Don't be afraid, weapons are okay," she said.

"I'm not afraid," I said truthfully. "It's just Mom never let us touch anything that is related to weapons. In kind of reminds me of her. I miss her. But I also hate her for not making us do stuff. Bipolar thing to say, right?"

Clarisse, being my friend, comforted me.

"It's okay to say things like that," she said. "I hate almost ALL people here in Camp Half-Blood and that makes me a bully, but sometimes I feel guilty of what I've done, but I don't do anything."

She sighed.

"Your Mom is very smart," said Clarisse. "She didn't make you do all of those stuff because she didn't want you to be discovered by monsters. Monsters only come if you speak of them or if you're an enemy or have knowledge of being a half-blood. Your mom prevented all of those. You didn't know anything about Monsters or gods, therefore, you never knew about half-bloods."

"But, Ruby, daughter of Hermes, told me her satyr came for her when she turned 13. Why didn't my satyr came? Or why didn't Dianne's?" I asked.

"It was because you are not Greek, you are Roman. Romans have a very different way of coming to camps. They send a wolf to guide you and train you and when you're ready, they send you to Camp Jupiter," she explained. "Dianne, well, both of you were really well hidden by your Mom. So neither your wolf or Dianne's satyr came."

Now, THAT makes sense. I had seen wolves almost everytime. Dianne's been seeing things too.

I nodded, not knowing what to say.

"So, back to your weapon," said Clarisse. "What weapon do you prefer? Name it, the Ares cabin has got it!"

"I honestly don't know," I said. "But what do you think is best for me?"

{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}

A/N

This chapter sucks, I know. I've been sick lately, and school starts in a few weeks here. Sigh...

So, the raven-haired boy is Nico, yey! He is one of my favorite characters in PJO, even though people don't notice him that much.

So, what weapon do you think Frances shall have? And what weapons do you think Clarisse shall suggest?

Anyway, a bit of Leanne in this chapter...

Please vote, comment, share, fan or add to your reading list. Thank you!

Read and Rock on!

Lea V.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 374 48
Book Two Percy Jackson is missing, and Y/n, his half sister, will do anything it takes to get him back, including going on a crazy quest with a proph...
69.7K 1.6K 21
Dawn Thompson was like any other fifteen year old girl. She crushed on boys way out of her league, she hung out with her friends at the weekends and...
10.6K 237 34
When the Gods decide that the seventh wheel deserves a second chance, Leo Valdez is in for the ride of his lifetime. ****I don't own the Heroes of O...
396K 8.3K 67
Everyone at Camp Half blood and Camp Jupiter believe Leo is dead. However, Leo is very much alive. He just reunited with Calypso, the most beautiful...