Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 46

42.4K 1.8K 4.4K
By Dijah_Love

Amara P.O.V.

I made my way downstairs, hesistant about being home. Daddy dropped me back home last night, when mama was sleep, so this was the first time I would be seeing her since she made me leave.

I stepped down the last step, slowly walking into the kitchen, where I knew she was.

She took a sip from her coffee cup, and turned around, facing me.

"Morning." I mumbed. I stepped around her, opening up one of the cabinets.

"Morning." She said lowly. I grabbed a bowl out the cabinet, and pulled out a box of cereal, sitting them down on the table.

"Sit down." She demanded, sitting her cup of coffee on the table. I looked down at my bowl and cereal and sighed, not even bothering to get my milk and spoon. I slowly sat down at the table, waiting for her to speak.

"We need to talk." She started. She pulled out one of the drawers and grabbeda a spoon, before opening up the fridge, pulling out the milk for me.

"I don't know what's going on with you, but all of this needs to come to a end." She said, calmly.

"....I talked to your father last night, and he told me the truth behind the situation with Miranda's car."

I swalloed hard, embarrased that she knew the truth.

"...I don't have the energy to yell at you, or argue with you, and this has went way passed the line of just giving you a punishment."

I was silent. ".....There's something wrong, and I wanna know what it is, because your gettng way out of hand."

She took a deep breath, sitting down beside me at the table. "....So." She started. "I took the liberty of calling a therapist, and your starting sessions with her next week."

I slightly frowned. "A therapist? Im not crazy mama."

"I never said you were, but there's obviously something more going on with you, that I can see, and you need the help."

I sat back in my seat, trying to fight the stinging my eyes were doing. "I can yell and scream to the top of my lungs, but now I see that doesn't effect you, and your always gunna do what you wanna do, so we need to get to the bottom of why you act the way you do."

I folded my arms across my chest, not sure what to say. I couldn't tell if she was mad, or if she truly didn't have the energy to be upset with me anymore.

"So you have the option of doing the sessions alone, or with me and your father, it's up to you."

I nodded, keeping my eyes low.

".....Eat your breakfast so you won't be late for school." She wiped the corners of her eyes and quickly stood up from the table, making her way back over to her cup of coffee.

I poured my cereal in my bowl, letting silence fill the kitchen. I glanced over at mama, who's back was turned to me, but I could tell from her movements, that she was sniffiling, and wiping her eyes.

I looked back down in my bowl, pouring my cereal, when loud banging started on our front door.

Mama quickly turned around and frowned, wiping her face. "What the hell?" She sat her cup of coffe down, and flatend out her blouse, before scurring over to the front door.

I stood up from the table, about to walk around the corner to the door, when I heard Alicia's voice.

"Where the fuck is she?!!" She yelled through the door.

"Alicia, calm down, I know your uspset, but this isn't the time to do this."

"Fuck that, where's that whore!! She's been fucking my man Auntee! She think she's grown, so ima whoop her like she's grown!!"

I stood around the corner, listening to there conversation. I could hear Alicia trying to make her way through the door, but mama was stopping her from coming into the house.

"I know, and I know your mad, but she still your cousin, and even though I know she was wrong, you need to think about what your doing, and calm down baby, I know your hurt and shocked like all of us."

There was silence for a few seconds, then all of a sudden, I started to hear Alicia sob. "...She's been sleeping with him this whole time." She said, in between sobs.

"Shhhh, shhh, I know baby, I know." The door closed, letting me know mama had went outside with her.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Marcus.....Marcus.....wake up baby, your late." I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times, trying to clear my vision.

I frowned once I seen mama standing over me, with Bria on her hip. "What time is it?" I asked, with sleep in my voice.

"7:30."

I popped up out of bed, pushing my covers back. "Shit." I mumbled.

"If this is gunna turn into a everday thing, then Im not sure if I want you doing those double shifts at that store you work at."

I sighed. I tried my best to get home early last night, but once I seen how much shit Cordarius gave me to sell, I knew I was gunna be out late as hell. So to cover my ass, I had to lie and tell her I was working double shifts at the shop from now on.

"It's not gone be a everyday thing mama,"

I opened up my drawer, pulling out some clothes to put on. "Uh huh, I hope not, because I'll go down to the shop personally, and talk to Aliyah's mom about these hours."

"No!" She frowned, looking me up and down. I cleared my throat and shook my head. "I mean, nah, it's cool mama, it was my first double shift, of course I was gunna be tired, but I promise Ima be on time, it was just a one time thing."

She lifted a brow, walking back over to my door. "Alright....well Im gunna drop Bria off to school, and then I'll be on my way to work."

I pulled my shirt over my head and nodded. "Ight." I walked over to Bria and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Be good lil monster."

I stepped out my room, quickly making my way to the shower.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I pulled my locker open, not feeling like doing this school shit today. I swear if it wasn't for me being able to get away from home for a few hours, I would definetely not be here right now.

The more days that passed, the more annoyed I was with school and the kids I had to be around. I grabbed two of my books out of my locker and shut it.

Usually, Cordarius would meet up with me here, the days I didn't ride with him to school, but for some reason he wasn't posted at my locker this morning like he always was.

I texted him right before I left the house this morning, but he still hasn't replied yet, so I wasn't gunna keep on blowing up his phone.

I checked my hair in my small mirror before closing my locker and making my way to first period.

Ms.Louis has all her classes doing this dumb ass project, and since I partnered up with Cordarius, I decided to do allthe work since it was easy as hell for me, and I could be done quicker if I just worked by myself.

I walked down the hallway to the staircases, and pushed the double doors open. I smiled a little when I seen Marissa coming down the steps, probably trying to make it to her locker before the first bell rang.

"Hey bitch."

She looked up from her phone and lifted a brow. "Bitch??"

I chuckled. "It's a joke, your always saying that to me." She pushed her phone down in her pants pocket and sighed.

"Mhmm." I frowned a little, wondering why she was acting so strange. "You good? Why do I sense a attitude?"

"Because I have one." She simply stated. "....Okay? And are you gunna say why your having this random attitude with me?"

"It's not random. You caught a attitude with me yesterday, matter of fact, your attitude has been stank as hell lately, and I told you, Im not the one for the bullshit Li."

I sighed. "My bad, I didn't mean to have attitude with you, maybe you just took something I said the wrong way." She shook her head.

"It's not what you said, it's how you said it. And don't try to make it seem like Im making shit up in my head, because Im not. I don't like the way you been acting, and Im over it, have you even talked to Amara yet??" She asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"...No, I said I was gunna talk to her soon, damn."

"Right, soon." She shook her head, looking me up and down. "Well until you do that, and lose this attitude that you have, Ion have anything to say to you."

She stepped down the last step and brushed past me before walking through the double doors.

I rolled my eyes, and continued up the steps to first period.

***

Marcus P.O.V.

"Damn nigga, you finally made it, I thought you was gone stay home." I collapsed back on the bleachers, finally making it to school.

"Nah, you know the administrators been on our ass about attendance, you slip up on anything, and yo ass ain't graduatin."

Chris nodded. "Forreal, they goin hard on the seniors this year." I leaned my head back on the wall, trying to catch my breath.

"Aye, but how did it go last night? Did it feel weird being out there again?" I sighed, running a hand down my face.

"Yeah kind of, but it was straight for the most part, the police was heavy as fuck out there though, so I had to be real careful about my moves."

Will shook his head. "Cordarius knows damn well Central street is police heaven, Im suprised yo ass ain't get caught."

Chris sucked his teeth. "My nigga is too much of a pro to get caught, ain't that right?" He held out his hand, waiting for me to dap him up.

I chuckled, letting him slap my hand. "Yeah, but I really gotta be on my P's and Q's cause I just have a feeling that this nigga tryna set me up."

Will nodded. "Yeah, he's tryna get you caught up, but fuck that, he's underestimating you B, you got this."

"Yeah, and just to make sure you got this, Will and I was thinking about comin with you the nights you gotta sell for him, just to watch out and have your back."

I shook my head. "Nah, Im good, but thanks, I ain't taken no chances with this shit, just let me ride this out until me and Meeka get it done."

Aliyah P.O.V.

I leaned back into my seat, waiting on Cordarius to get here. He still hadn't answered my texts from this morning, and I was more than curious to know where he was.

I watched Ms.Louis as she walked around, handing our tests back. I didn't even care about getting mine back, since I barely studied for it anyways.

She lifted a brow, and stopped my desk, handing me my paper, slightly folded. I sighed, taking it out of her hands.

"I expect better from you Ms.Alsina." I slightly rolled my eyes and waited until she walked away to open up my test.

"74." I said lowly, looking at the huge "C" on top of my paper. I shrugged my shoulder and placed my test to the side, not really caring.

She was acting as if I had got a F, But I got a C. I know Im usually a "A" student in her class, but who really gives a fuck if I got a C or not. I probably still had the highest grade in the class.

"Mr.white." Ms.Louis said, causing me to look up. "It's nice for you to finally join us." She walked over to him, handing him his test.

"I hope you have some kind of pass with you, for you to be walking inside of my class so late." He dug down in his pocket and pulled out a small blue paper, handing it to her.

"Good, now take a seat, I justs finished passing out tests, and now we're about to pair up and start your projects."

"Ight cool." He walked over to his seat that was beside me, and sat down.

"Hey ma." I smiled, looking over at him, as he took his bookbag off his back. "Hey."

"Okay everybody." Ms.Louis started. "Pair up with your partner and start your projects, you may work on those until the end of the period."

Cordarius scooted his desk closer to mine, waiting for me to pull everything out, since I was doing most of the work.

"You sure you don't want me to do somethin?" He asked, watching me pull everything out of my bag.

"Im sure, I got this."

"Ight." He said with a smirk. He placed his arm on the back of my chair, causing me to immediately frown.

"....Why do you smell like perfume?" He frowned, sniffing his shirt. "I do?"

"Yeah you do.....where were you this morning?" He slightly shrugged. "Ohh...I was....I was home....I had woke up late and my mama had to drop me off, and her perfume probably got on me."

"Ohh." I said lowly.

"Yeah...you missed me?" I rolled my eyes. "I was waiting for you at my locker...you coud have texted me back tellin me you were running late."

"My bad." He started. "I got chu next time bae."

I lifted a brow. "Bae?"

"You heard me, we still on for our date later?" I nodded. "Of course."

"Good." He licked his lips, looking me up and down.

**************

After school, I found myself heading over to Amara's house.

I pulled into her driveway, taking a sigh of relief when I seen just her car parked here. I wasn't in the mood to deal with Auntee Stasia, since I couldn't really look at her the same either.

I stepped out of my car, holing onto my T-shirt dress I was wearing. I dusted off my knee high boots, and made sure that my makeup was in place before walking up to her front door, knocking.

I took a deep breath, just wanting to get this over with. I didn't know why Marissa felt that this was necessary, but if it's gunna clear up the drama between the two of us, then whatever.

I stepped back once I heard the locks click. I shifted my weight to my right foot and waited for her to open the door.

"Aliyah?" She asked confused. I put a smile on my face as if I was happy to see her. "Hey....are you busy?" She shook her head, leaning up agaisnt her door.

"No....why?"

"Do you have a minute to talk?" I could tell by the way she was looking, she was hesistant to talk to me, but I ignored it.

"....Sure." I pulled my bag up on my arm and smiled. "Good, can I come in?" I asked, peeking inside.

"I'll come out." She closed the door and a few second later she opened up the door, stepping outside.

"Wassup?" She folded her arms across her chest, waiting for me to speak.

"I know we haven't spoken in awhile....but I heard you been going through alot....and I just wanted to see if you were good and if you needed a friend."

She slightly rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Did Marissa put you up to this? I told her not to send you over here."

"No, I came over here willingly." I lied.

She looked me up and down, as if she was trying to figure out if I was lying or not. "....Im fine." She simply stated.

"....You sure? I mean...you can talk to me if you need too." She smacked her lips together, obviously over our conversation.

"I said I was fine, I don't need your pity, or for you to act like you care when we both know you don't." I frowned, taken back by her tone. Even though she was right, she wasn't gunna talk to me like I didn't give a fuck.

"I don't know what your problem is, but I came over here as a concerned friend that-'

"Concerned friend my ass." She said, cutting me off. "If you were such a "concerned friend" you would have returned my calls weeks ago when I first was trying to tell you what was going on with me."

I was silent, knowing she was right.

"I was caught up with my own stuff, but Im here now, so wassup."

She frowned. "Your always caught up in your own stuff, your all about yourself, and I don't need you pretending to care."

I scoffed. "Look, I don't know who your talkin too, cause you damn sure ain't talkin to me like you lost your damn mind, I tried being nice to you, but it seems like your always being a fucking bitch."

She smirked. "And there she is."

"And there who is?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. "The bitch I heard you've become these days, I waiting for her to come out."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, are you gunna talk or nah? Because I have other shit I could be doing right now."

She chuckled, shaking her head. "Instead of pretending to care about my life, let's talk about yours?? Since when did you grow balls all of a sudden?"

"I've always had them." I simply stated.

"Where?? Cause it seems like you grew a pair over night." I sighed. "Who the fuck cares?? I got balls now, so that's all that matters, don't try to flip this back on me because you don't wanna talk about what's goin on with you, like I said, you can start talkin, or I can walk my ass back to my car and go home."

She scrunched her face up.

"What the fuck is up with you? Ever since you got with Cordarius you've been actin like ypu run shit, matter of fact, since when did you start fuckin with Cordarius??"

I scoffed. "Since when did anything I do become your business?? What you need to worry about is your own shit, and get that together first before you start worrying about me and mines, you don't see me questioning you about your dysfunctional shit."

Her brows furrowed together. "Dysfunctional? The only thing that's dysfucntional is this wack ass front you been putting on for weeks now, it's not cute, and you shoud really stop before you embarrass yourself more than what you've already have."

I smirked. "You are some damn jealous, it's really pathetic." I folded my arms across my chest, looking her up and down.

"Jealous? Jealous of what exactly?" She started. "You can't even keep a man, Tyree didn't want you, Marcus didn't want you and Cordarius damn sure doesn't want you but your to dumb and blind to see that right?" I was silent, letting her finish.

"Your walking around, thinking your the shit, when in actuality your lookin like a fool since your so called man is fucking everything moving behind your back."

I rolled my eyes. "Right, and how do you know that?? Your probably one of the hoes he's fucking since we all know how you get down, and out of the two of us Im not the dumb one, Im not the one that's 19 still in high school because she couldn't pass the third grade."

She lifted a brow, as if I had struck a nerve. "Don't play these games with me Aliyah, I've been a bitch, this ain't something I learned overnight, like you, don't try to go back and forth with me , you'll lose and get your little feelings hurt."

I laughed. "Your the one that looks hurt, in both ways."

She stepped closer to me as if she was about to do something. She looked me up and down and smirked.

"You wanna be a bad girl so bad, but the only thing that you are, is a fake ass friend. You wanna act like your big and bad, but don't let me have to beat your ass to remind you who the fuck you are. Your a spoiled, bratty ass, childish little daddy's girl, and no amount of makeup, weave and clothes you wear is gunna change that."

I looked down at my nails, unimpressed with her words. "That all may be true, especially about me being a daddy's girl. I love my daddy, and he loves me, atleast I have a father in my life who cares about me, unlike you."

"Your daddy doesn't even love you, all he does is shower you with expensive gifts just so he doesn't have to spend any real time with you, he's pathetic, just like you."

Her face fell a little, as if she was taken back by my words. Her eyes were getting glossy as if she was about to cry, but I didn't care, if she thought she was just gunna stand here and say all those hurtful things to me and I wasn't gunna throw it back at her, she was sadly mistaken.

"You know what." She started. "Fuck you, and this fake ass friendship." She rolled her eyes and sharply turned around, slightly hitting me with her hair in the process.

I waved at her as she walked away, not wanting to give her any reaction. "Go inside and wash that cum smell out of your hair, wack bitch."

I rolled my eyes, and climbed into my car.

***

I flipped my hair over my shoulder, as I made my way downstairs. It was going on 10 and I knew Cordarius would be here any minute.

I would have been ready sooner, but I had to have that pointless ass meeting with Amara early that threw me off schedule.

I held onto the bottom of my dress and stepped down the last step, trying not to make any noise. I hadn't even asked if I could go out this late, because I knew nine times outta ten mama and daddy would say no.

I sped walked over to the door, thinking I was about to make it out, but I heard mama's voice behind me.

"Where you going at this time??" I rolled my eyes and turned around. "...Im going to the movies....with a friend."

She lifted a brow, folding her arms across her chest. "On a school night? Who are you going with, and why are y'all going so late??"

"Cordarius.....and because our movie starts at 10:15." She shook her head. "No, there's no way Im letting you go out this late, on a school night with some boy I don't know. Tell him you can't go, and go back upstairs."

I smacked my lips together. "Really mama? Im already dressed, and he's on his way." She shrugged.

"I said no, so go back upstairs, I already told you I don't like you hanging out with this boy, and now your trying to sneak off with him to some movie theather at night, no, no way."

"What y'all talkin bout down here?" I looked up and smirked once I seen daddy coming down the stairs. I turned to him, knowing he would have my back.

"I was telling our daughter that she needs to go back upstairs and get some rest, instead of trying to go to the movies with some boy tonight." Daddy slightly frowned.

"On a school night?? And what boy?? Marlon??"

I sighed. "No it's not Marcus, it's just a friend of mine."

"The boy that started the fight at her birthday party to be more exact." Mama said, adding in her uneeded two cents.

Both of daddy's brows raised, as he folded his arms across his chest. "Oh forreal? Then it that case, you definetely ain't goin no where tonight, listen to yo mama and go back upstairs."

I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth.

"Aye chill with all that." Daddy said, warning me. "You ain't goin nowhere tonight with him, or anywhere else for that matter so take yo self back upstairs and watch a dvd if you wanna see a movie so bad."

I dropped my hands from being folded and brushed past mama, making my way back upstairs. If she just had minded her business, instead of questioning me about what Im doing like Im 6 years old, I would've been out the door already.

I shut my room door and pulled my phone out of my purse, about to call Cordarius. There was no need for me to let him get all the way here, just for me to tell him I couldn't it go.

I quickly dialed his number, putting the phone to my ear.

CORDARIUS: "Hey, Im around the corner, I'll be there ina minute, you ready?"

I sighed, shifting my phone to my left ear.

ME: "Yeah, but there's been a change of plans."

CORDARIUS: "Wassup? You good?'

ME: "Yeah Im okay, my mama just caught me on the way out the door, and basically she's not letting me come out with you tonight."

He chuckled.

CORDARIUS: "You forreal?"

ME: "Yeah...Im sorry, I was trying to catch you before you got really close to my house."

CORDARIUS: "It's cool....I mean, Im about to turn around now.....if your really not gunna come."

I frowned.

ME: "...I can't, my mama's not gunna let me out the house."

CORDARIUS: "Obviously your use to doin what your parents say, I get it, but damn your 18, you can make decisions for yourself."

I was silent.

CORDARIUS: "If you wanna come out with me tonight, then come out, your grown."

I slightly nodded my head, thinking he was right.

ME: "....And how am I gunna get out?"

I asked, lowly.

CORDARIUS: "Sneak out, I know you gotta window, or a backdoor in yo house somewhere."

I slightly chuckled, biting down on my bottom lip.

ME: "Okay....don't come through my gates, just wait behind them...I'll come out a back way and meet you in the front.

CORDARIUS: "Ight, I'll be waitin beautiful."

I smiled.

ME: "Okay, bye."

I hung up the phone and dropped it back in my purse. I was tired of mama always tryna tell me what to do like I was a child, if I wanted to go out, that's exactly what Im gunna do. Im too old for her to be trying to boss me around and give me orders, like she said, Im pratically a grown woman now, and it's time for her to be treating me as such.

I waited a few seconds before slowly opening my door, trying my best to not make any noise.

I pulled my heels off, and went downstairs, heading to the back garage door.

Amara P.O.V.

MARISSA: "She said what to you????"

I sighed, shifting my phone to my left ear.

ME: "You heard me right Riss, she threw my personal business in my face."

MARISSA: "No she didn't, what the hell has gotten into her?"

I shook my head.

ME: "I don't know, but Im done with her, I know you wanted all of us to be cool again, but I don't see that happening anymore."

She sighed.

MARISSA: "No, I understand, I just can't believe she hit you with a low blow like that."

ME: "Well believe it. I don't know who that girl is, but she's not Aliyah, and I officially don't fuck with her no more."

MARISSA: "True, I don't know who she is now, and Im not liking it."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aliyah and her outfit in the Multimedia.

I know it was a short chapter, but I'll be updating Chapter 47 on Thursday, and that chapter is long and so Chapter 48 I think.

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
18.1M 488K 48
Warning: Feels, Violence and sexual content Advised Age: 15 + Maisie Ashford is thankful that her older brother is becoming Alpha. She'd rather not h...
1.3M 3.2K 6
Wattpad Editors' Choice, Winner of the 2020 Fiction Awards (for Best Plot Twist) and 2020 Mafia Romance of the Year. A chance encounter with an enigm...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...