Parker Stevens, I Can Hold a...

By smilingthroughitall

(Unedited and started in 2010, beware of plot holes, terrible grammar and other misfortunes) Grace Tailor sho... More

Parker Stevens, I Can Hold a Grudge.
Parker Stevens; Chapter One
Parker Stevens; Chapter Two
Parker Stevens; Chapter three
Parker Stevens; Chapter Four
Parker Stevens; Chapter Five
Parker Stevens; Chapter Six
Parker Stevens; Chapter Seven
Parker Stevens; Chapter Eight
Parker Stevens; Chapter Nine
Parker Stevens; Chapter Ten
Parker Stevens; Chapter Eleven
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twelve
Parker Stevens; Chapter Thirteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Fourteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Fifteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Sixteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Seventeen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Eighteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-One
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Two
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Three
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Four
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Five
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Six
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Seven
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Eight
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Nine *****FINAL CHAPTER*****

Parker Stevens; Chapter Nineteen

2.2K 43 19
By smilingthroughitall

thanks so much to xoStardust for the cover (the one on the side) You're so awesome:3

I ended up going back to the other one because I realized that people already saw the cover I had before and associated it with the story. So, I put it back. 

also, I realized the plot sucks for this story. I also realized that I forget details about the characters-.- anyways, this is just a story I'm writing for fun. It's not ever going to get published, so I guess I shouldn't really worry about that:)

________________

Waiting, that was the hardest part. Waiting to see his reaction. Hiding out and waiting. It was definitely hard to get a good view without being seen by anybody. I didn’t know if I wanted to be seen or not. He would want to know how I found out about his fear, if he had one, and then I would have to say something. I couldn’t say that I hacked into his computer because I could go to jail for that.

                So here I stood, the bell had just rung and my class was down the hall from Parker’s locker, thank god, and I was right around the corner with my head peeked around it.

                Parker sure was taking longer than expected. Maybe he didn’t need to go to his locker right now.

                I cursed myself for not thinking about that before, then I face-palmed, realizing he had gym. He probably had to shower or something.

                The halls were slowly clearing up as everyone made their way to the cafe to get their lunch, and soon I saw Parker walking down the hall towards his locker.

                “What are you doing?” A voice asked in my ear. I let out a yelp before jumping back and praying Parker didn’t see me. I was now facing Teagan, who looked down at me with that smirk of his. My god, does smirking run in the family too?

                “None of your business.” I hissed before quickly spinning around to watch Parker open his locker. I yanked my phone out of my pocket, putting it on camera mode and clicking the record button, zooming in as his hand spun the dial.

                Slowly, he reached up and yanked on the lock, pulling it open. He took the lock out of the metal locker and hung it on the outside of the locker before pulling it open.

                The blood curdling scream that rose from his throat made everything worthwhile.

                But then he bolted, running towards me down the hallway.

                “Shit!” I whispered before hiding my phone in my pocket but he kept going. He ran down the hallway, past us, and then went running out the closest doors.

                The entire hallway was silent for a moment but I broke it as a laugh erupted from my throat. Moments later a few other people joined me in laughing and soon almost the whole hallway was in hysterics.

                Suddenly I felt a yank on my arm as I began being dragged away from the scene before me. I almost protested, but when I saw the look on Teagan’s face I kept my mouth shut. His eyes were cold and hard as he glared at me so I decided to just do what he wanted. I mean, I just embarrassed the hell out of Parker, I guess I can let him talk to me. Besides, I may be tough, but I’m not as strong as this kid. His arms are like tree trunks!

                Once we were by a stairwell, he pushed through the doors to it and pulled me along inside. Then, he yanked my arm so I was situated in front of him.

                “Okay, I get that you’re an idiot and all, but you realize that the way you’re gripping my arm is called harassment, right?” I said, cocking my head to the side. A low rumble escaped from his mouth. Did he just...growl? My eyes widened and he took a step towards me, his teeth clenched and a ragged breath coming through them.

                “Shut. Up,” He hissed. I gulped loudly at his words and ran my free and across my mouth like a zipper, then threw away the ‘key.’ “I don’t want you to be pranking him anymore, alright? He’s been through enough this past year for you to come and fucking ruin his happiness even more. Just- stop. I get that you’re trying to defend your honour or some bullshit like that, but Parker just lost his dad two years ago and was living on the streets until my mom found him again. His mom left him when he was younger when he was a kid because she was a drug addict, get it now? He’s had a hard life and I don’t need your parading around trying to ruin him, because, Grace, he’s already be in ruins. And you know how I know that you’re not going to tell anyone about that? Because you like him and you don’t want to see him hurt.”

                “I don’t like him!” I yelled shrilly, trying to replay everything that he just said to me in my head. None of it made any sense. How could such he be such an asshole with a past like that?

                “Just shut up!” He yelled back causing me to flinch. I complied once again swallowing the sharp lump in my throat.

                “I know what I’m talking about okay? He’s my cousin. I would think I would know him pretty well. And even though I don’t really know you, Grace, you haven’t given any other guy the attention that you’ve given Parker. Apparently you liked me, and I’ve only talk to you, what? Four or five times in my entire life? You’ve been going out of your way to prank him, Grace. And this,” He motioned to my outfit and face, “I don’t know what the hell you’re doing, but just stop. Before you ruin yourself.” His eyes were pleading at me, telling me to stop.

                But I couldn’t.

                I ripped my arm from his grip, which had loosened considerably since he first grabbed it, and took a step closer so our chests were almost touching. I went on my tippy toes, which wasn’t easy in heels, and leant up to his ear.

                “Fuck. Off.” I whispered before dropping down to my normal height in the heels.

                “Please.” He pleaded one last time. Fear was clear in his eyes.

                He’s afraid of what I’m going to do.

                “Teagan, it’s my business to deal with. Let me talk to her.” A male voice suddenly spoke. We both jumped, as we were in such an intense conversation, and then looked over at the interrupter. I sighed and ran a hand over my face.

                Parker stood there looking a little pale as he looked at us, his hand shaking a bit. God, he was really scared of spiders.

                “But you-” Teagan started but Parker cut him off.

                “It’s my business.” He said in a cool tone even though he was still quite shaken up obviously.

                “Fine!” Teagan huffed, sounding like an immature child before he stepped away from me, frowning. He then walked over to Parker, said something in his ear and then gave me another pleading look. I shook my head, looking over at the wall beside me.

                After a moment, I heard the door close behind Teagan. The air immediately became thick with tension. Unbearable tension.

                I had been dreading dealing with Parker alone ever since this war started.

                “How is he still defending you? You let him take the blow for what you did to me.” I said coldly while keeping my eyes on the white painted brick wall.

                He stayed silent. I closed my eyes and put a hand to my temple, rubbing it in annoyance.

                “Okay, don’t answer me. And if you came here to talk me out of doing anything else, I swear to god- I will do more than I had planned to,” I huffed, dropping my hand and spinning towards Parker who hadn’t even moved from his spot. My eyebrows rose beneath my bangs and my eyes narrowed slightly. He stared at me blankly, his eyes searching my face for a moment before he took a few hesitant steps towards me. Then he paused and stared at me again before moving forwards, too close. I took a step back but he took another step forward, causing me to take a step back and feel the cold brick against my back. “W-what are you doing?” I questioned, stumbling on my words slightly as his eyes stared down blankly into my own. Suddenly his hand gripped my chin and tilted it upwards towards him.

                For just one moment, I thought and wished that he would kiss me. But he spoke.

                “I’m going to let you play your game Grace. I’ll let you run all over me, stomping your feet, throwing your hissy fit, but we both know what you’re hiding by throwing all these pranks my way. I just wanted to let you know, when you’re done, don’t come crying to me that it’s my entire fault that you don’t have any friends because,” He sighed and paused, a small frown pulling down the corners of his mouth. “I don’t believe I am entirely at fault here. I didn’t tell you to drop your friends. So do whatever you want to me. I’m done playing this game. It’s one sided now.” He said quietly but the strength of his words vibrated to my core.

                My eyes scanned over his face as my mind slowly took in his features. His nose was still bruised, as was my hand but I hadn’t paid much attention to that, his brown eyes held cold hard truth and his mouth was in an unfamiliar frown. He looked like a normal human being, not some monster that my mind had made him out be.

                I don’t know this Parker. He doesn’t exist.

                And what did I do as he stared down at me? Finally give up my act? Say that I was sorry for posting his poetry on the internet? Tell him that his poem about me was one of the sweetest poems I had ever read?

                No.

                I pushed his hand off my chin, pulled my hands back and shoved him as hard as I could. He looked stunned for a moment as he fell backwards, stumbling and tripping over his feet, landing on his back when he fell. He stared up at me and he knew. He knew he didn’t know who I was. I walked over to where he fell, heels clacking against the cold tiles. I tilted my head down to look at him, cocking it to the side to examine him. His mouth was open in shock; he obviously didn’t think I was going to do that.

                “Wow, begging for me to stop? Tsk, tsk. I was just getting started,” I said with a fake pout before removing it and replacing it with a hard glare. “Just like your cousin. Seems like you can’t take a taste of your own freaking medicine. Well, I’m not done here-” He interrupted me by standing up right in front of me, staring down at me with actual emotion in his eyes this time – Anger.

                “I’m not begging for you to stop! Just shut up and actually listen to yourself! You just want to see me in the same pain that you were. And you know what, look at your friends. You’re putting them through exactly what you’re putting me through. I’ve seen how you’ve been treating them the past couple days-” He stopped himself, holding his hands up in surrender. He took a step away from me, closing his eyes for a moment while a large breath escaped his mouth. His eyes flicked open again and were once again blank. “I’m done. Do whatever you want, Grace. Just remember, don’t come crying to me when you’ve realized what you’ve done.”

                And he back away from me before turning around towards the doors.

                “I will do what I want! Don’t- don’t push me!” I yelled at him. I saw his figure wince before the door was pulled open and Parker disappeared into the hallway.

________________

BIG QUESTION!!!!! TEAM PARKER? OR TEAM GRACE?

capitals felt necessary.

there's also some stuff you didn't know in this chapter, so tell me what you think about that.. and if you believe it or not?

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER!! I PROMISE!:3

I'm going to put up a picture of how Parker looks next chapter, would everyone be interested in that? lol It is Aaron Johnson, but when he was younger, not how he looks now. just when I saw it, it was almost like how I pictured parker. of course, not exact because we all have a certain image of parker in our minds, right?;) ... : )

SO! love or hate this chapter????

-natalie♥

(vote! comment! fan!!!!!!!! we're almost at 100!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
378K 8.6K 20
*COMPLETED* Welcome to Buckley's Ranch, full of sexy cowboys and all kinds of trouble! Lord 'ave mercy! Jessie is working as a stable hand, seriously...
329K 7K 68
[COMPLETE] 18+ (but if you're not 18, I won't tell on you) --- It had been a mistake. It had all happened so fast. The look on her parents' faces whe...
3.2K 243 31
Charlie doesn't want anything to do with love, while Julian gets a taste of it for the first time. How can two impossibly stuborn people even begin t...