Operation: Get Niall A Girlfr...

By HowManyRs_6

10 years after forming One Direction, the boys were still loved Worldwide, along with their fiancees. Zayn ha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

153 7 7
By HowManyRs_6

Niall’s P.O.V.

“He needs a girlfriend…” “You can’t keep making excuses to protect him!” “I feel bad…”

It’s not that I hadn’t heard everything they were saying, but I tried hard to just ignore what the girls and mates were saying. I guess a girlfriend would be alright. I didn’t feel lonely, although I wasn’t exactly popular either. You can’t force love though.

 I sat in the booth, fidgeting a little. Danielle and Kaitlin left us and Perrie and Eleanor were basically on top of Louis and Zayn. I tried not to gag as they came up for air from an exceptionally steamy make out session. Harry and Liam were going over wedding plans. I guess I was the only one without a relationship. The feeling of despair started to sink in.

I know what you’re thinking, Niall can’t be upset. ‘He’s a carefree mofo.’ But it was all hitting me now. They were right. I deserved to be in love.

“Nialler what are you thinking about?” Harry asked, finally paying attention to something other than love.

“Nothing…I’m hungry.” I grumbled as if it was the only thing on my mind.

“You’re always hungry, lad.” Liam laughed.

“No one ever feeds me!” I sighed.

“WE’RE BAAACK!” Kaitlin smiled with Danielle following behind.

“And we’ve got news…but it’s a secret at the moment.” Danielle grinned.

Oh great…they’ve come up with another scheme…I saw that look on all of the lads faces as well as El’s and Perrie’s. Shrugging, I let the girls keep it to themselves and smiled as the food approached. This was all I ever needed, friends and food. We ate and I tried my best to stay in this conversation. The smiles from everyone, told me that my acting skills had improved.

We all paid and the girls all walked beside me, with the other lads behind us. On the way home, a few fans stopped us for pictures, but as always they asked me to step aside. I tried to smile and pretend I wasn’t hurt on the side, but the girls all pushed me into the fan’s pictures at the last minute. To the fans dismay, I was in every picture. We walked down a more crowded street and the girls disappeared as more fans came up to us.

“OH MY GOD GUYS!” I saw a girl with blonde hair shout to her three friends.

“OH MY GOSH!” The second one with black hair, flipped out.

“NO WAY!” A third with dark red hair smiled.

“IT’S NIALL HORAN! EEEEEP!” The last one ran up to me.

 They all begged me for pictures pushing the other fans away. I realized it was the girls in wigs and sunglasses, when Eleanor whispered to play along.

“No!” Danielle frowned. “We don’t want a picture with YOU guys…just Niall!”

“Yeah, He’s like the hottest one anyways!” Perrie squealed.

“NIALL I LOVE YOU!” Kaitlin and Eleanor screamed as our picture was taken.

It wasn’t the real thing, but I felt special with the girls giving me attention. I watched as the other fans gawked and begged me to be in their pictures when the girls ran away again. It was a surprise, but I felt loved for once. The girls rejoined us as if they’d been there the entire time, and we walked home. I stopped the girls before they could go inside.

“I don’t care whose idea it was…but thank you. I love you girls; you are the best sisters ever!” I muttered, pulling them into a Horan hug.

“We love you, Ni!” Perrie smiled, “It was Eleanor’s idea.”

I followed them inside and walked to my own room. Sliding off my clothes, I laid on my bed in my boxers. I just hoped one day, I would find a princess that loved me, like the others did and more. I fell asleep as the sound of rain began to drown out my thoughts.

{Next day around noon}

Danielle’s P.O.V.

I tapped my pink pen on my desk impatiently, waiting for Kaitlin to get off of her phone call with the producers of the game show Annihilate. She was at the desk across from mine, at SYCO headquarters. Now before you say ‘what?!’ We are technically One Direction’s management. We have been since 2015. But we don’t act like it.

“Kaitlin!” I whispered, she put her finger up to silence me. “Fine then…”

 I went back to my computer screen and looked at our sales reports as well as the tour sell outs and unsold tickets. As I was setting up a new savings account for the boys, Kaitlin hung up her phone. I glanced up as she moved back from her desk.

“It’s time for our lunch break. Let’s get something to eat and I’ll tell you what I was told.” She smiled, picking up her coat and purse. Dropping the screen, I logged out, grabbed my notebook, coat and purse.

We walked down to the elevators and out to a restaurant across the street. I ordered waters for us and waited for Kaitlin to speak. She sat for a moment and looked at her surroundings, oblivious to my patience. I flipped open my official ‘Get Niall a Gf’ planning notebook and tapped my pen.

“KAITLIN!” I yelled just as the water was brought out and we were asked to order.

“What?” She asked.

“Are you going to tell me what they said?” I sighed.

“Oh! That..” She pulled out her own ‘GNAGF’ notebook.

“They said..” She skimmed her notes. “The show is always continuous, so we can’t rent out their stuff…but if we wanted to make it a TV show…they’d be more than happy to do it.”

“I like the idea…” I replied, writing down what she said. “But what will Niall think. We can’t tell him what we’re doing. Yet, we can’t go behind his back...he’ll hate us.”

“Dani, we’ve only got a month to do this!” Kaitlin sighed. “We have to take some chances. They need a reply by tonight.”

“Damn…just go ahead and say yes… We’ll just keep it under wraps.” I managed, eating my food.

“That’s what I was thinking you’d say, so I already agreed.”

“I figured as much…”

We finished our food in silence and walked back to work. I logged back in and finished up the savings account before opening up an advert website. Opening up a new account, I was taken to a page for free adverts and given a template.

Looking:

            All you single ladies! Actually ladies ages 20-25. Are you looking for that special guy? Well we’ve got a bachelor for you! He’s got charm and good looks and he’s looking for love! At age 26, he’s got blonde/brunette hair and he’s fairly tall. He’s always around his mates and doesn’t hate much of anything. This isn’t your average bachelor, there’s a catch, you will be taking part in a game show! Call at either 00773654219 or 00773546731 or contact me at my email address Claire.Danielle.@SYCOM.com Thanks and much love ~ Claire P.

I finished the post and hit enter, feeling good about it. A thought hit me and  I dug around my purse for my cell phone. Lauren had texted me later that night apologizing for running into us. Pulling out my phone, I set it on my desk and opened new tabs on my computer so I looked busy.

To Lauren: Hey xx

Lauren: Hey there!

To Lauren: How are you? xx

Lauren: Um…fine, just studying…

To Lauren: Sounds dreadful…Kaitlin and I were just wondering if you wanted to hang out later? xx

Lauren: Oh, yeah! That’s actually sounds perfect…what do I need to bring?

To Lauren: Bring yourself! We’ll just have like a movie night. Bring p.j.s and you can stay the night. xx

Lauren: Why are you being so nice to me?

To Lauren: Why wouldn’t I be nice? xx

Lauren: I’ve heard that all of One Direction’s girls are bitches…

To Lauren: Well…I don’t know who would be so vicious…We aren’t even like that. Just come please!xx

Lauren: Is there a dress code?

To Lauren: haha no. I mean if you have soda labeled p.j.s  I’d bring those. xx

“Dani, What are you doing?” I looked up at Kaitlin.

“I’m inviting Lauren over….It’s crazy that we both ran into her. I was thinking we could do a movie night.”

“Genius! I’ll tell the boys, Perrie, and Eleanor.” She smiled.

“You do that.” I smiled, turning back to my phone.

Lauren: I have some Mountain Dew…so I’ll wear those.

To Lauren: You don’t mind shirtless guys right?

Lauren: They’re going to be shirtless?!?!

Lauren: I mean yeah, totally. I don’t mind at all. No big deal.

To Lauren: Okay lol. I mean we can always force them to wear shirts if you’re not comfortable with it.

Lauren: Let them be! I’ll be fine!

To Lauren: Okay, our address is 2237 West Ridge Lane

Lauren: Thanks so much! I’m sorry about yesterday…

To Lauren: Stop! It wasn’t your fault haha

“Kaitlin did you tell them?” I asked, putting my phone away again.

“Yes, I’m assuming we’re matching p.j.s?” She raised her brow.

“Yes and get this. Lauren has Mountain Dew p.j.s…”

“What does that matter? Doesn’t Niall have…OH! I see what you did there” Kaitlin laughed.

“So, let’s finish work for the new tour and get to the store for food and movies.”

“Sounds perfect.”

I got to work picking out venues and selecting dates on split screen with Kaitlin. While she priced the tickets and seating areas to get a good profit, yet keep them affordable. This went on for the next four hours until our office phones went off.

“Hello, One Direction’s Hotline. This is Danielle speaking.” I rambled as my usual greeting.

“Yes this is Liam Payne.” My fiancé replied.

“I see, how may I help you Mr. Payne?”

“Well you see my mate and my fiancées have been working for about nine hours. I was wondering if they planned on being home tonight or if they were going to stay the night, working away?” He laughed.

“Excuse me a moment, enjoy this hold music while you wait.” Smiling, I put on the hold music, which Kaitlin and I set as ‘Back for You’. Kaitlin looked at me after hitting the same button.

“Let me guess Harry?”

“Yeah, Liam?” She responded.

“The one and only.” We traded phones and hit the hold button again.

“Hello? Mr. Styles?” I asked.

“Kait…Wait…Danielle?” He asked confused.

“I’m sorry but the number you’ve called is now invalid. Thanks and have a lovely day Mr. Styles.” I hung up, trying not to laugh.

“Crazy boys.” Kaitlin giggled.

“I think that we should probably head to he store and home then. They’re getting antsy.”

Logging off the computer, I collected my stuff and put on my coat. Kaitlin was already at the elevator waiting. We headed to the store and picked up different snacks and sodas before taking a cab home. I saw familiar dip dyed hair outside of our front door.

“Lauren?” She jumped at her name.

“Oh! Hi…” She trailed off.

“Did the boys lock you out or threaten you with nerf guns? I swear they’ll never learn…” Kaitlin started.

“No! I..I hadn’t knocked yet.” She muttered, looking sheepish.

“Don’t be nervous! They’re very nice…most of the time.” Kaitlin added.

Throwing open the door, I was tackled by Niall and then by Zayn, Perrie, Louis, Eleanor, Harry, and Liam. Kaitlin and Lauren waited to the side. I squirmed out from under the pile, trying to catch my breath. Kaitlin explained to Lauren what just happened.

“Really? Every single day you have to tackle me? Why not Kaitlin? Why just me?” I sighed.

“Because your reaction is the best.” Louis smiled.

“Yeah! It’s like. And then .” Harry laughed, showing me an awkward face and a falling position.

“I’m glad you think it’s funny.” I huffed, with Liam hugging me from behind.

“We’re sorry Dani.” Niall pouted.

“You aren’t but that’s okay. Anyways, everyone meet Lauren. She’s mine and Kaitlin’s new friend.” I gestured to the pink haired girl by Kaitlin.

“Vas Happenin?! Hi again! HEYLO! Hey! How are you? You’re pretty!” Four of the boys replied along with Perrie and Eleanor. I realized Niall had tuned us out.

“Hi…” Lauren mumbled.

“NIALL JAMES HORAN! Say hi!” Perrie growled.

“Huh?” He turned a little.

“Say hello.” Eleanor picked up his hand and waved it at Lauren. Niall froze and finally spoke.

“Weyhey!” He smiled, getting a smile in return from Lauren.

“Finally, our little leprechaun speaks.” I smirked.

“It’s because I’m Irish, isn’t it?” He frowned, shutting the door and walking to his room.

“It always is…” Kaitlin laughed.

“Anyways, here you go. Get all of this ready to eat and watch.” I threw the bags at the boys.

“C’mon Lau.” I smiled. “As your friends, we’ll show you around and let you get comfortable.”

All of us girls pulled her upstairs. Perrie and Eleanor showed off their side of the house which held their rooms, Niall’s room and a bathroom. We all showed her the recording studio and then Perrie and El left us to change. Kaitlin showed her our rooms and the office. Kaitlin took the opportunity to change while I showed Lauren the candy room. Finally, we stopped inside the closet.

“This is my favorite room.” I smiled, pulling out Pepsi p.j.s.

“It’s huge!” She smiled, changing into her p.j.s. I changed and we walked back downstairs.

“NIALL!” I called as we walked into the kitchen.

“What? I’m right behind you.” He said calmly.

“Show Lauren the backyard…but don’t push her in the pool.”

“But…fine.” He sulked. “C’mon.”

Watching them walk out I took over Liam’s job and sent him to change. Kaitlin and the girls did the same. We made trips to the living room with the snacks and put in a film. I sat on the chair while we waited for everyone to come back. I heard the backdoor open and saw Niall walk in soaked.

“What happened to you Nialler?” El laughed.

“Did Lauren get you all wet?” Perrie smiled and then face-palmed. “Oh shit…that was dirty…” Niall just shook his head and walked to his room.

“What happened, Lauren?” Kait asked.

“He tried to push me in the pool, so I pushed him in and ran before he could take me with him…It was personal defense” She laughed.

“I like you already.” Louis smiled, cuddling into El. Lauren smiled before sitting on the couch. Niall came back in and sat on the opposite side of the couch from Lauren, visibly pouting. Lauren got my attention and pulled me into the hallway.

“Yeah?” I questioned.

“All of them are….naked.”

“They have boxers on…” I laughed.

“Yeah yeah, another thing. Is he mad at me?”

“Who Niall?”

“Yes…should I apologize? I didn’t mean to upset him.”

“Do what you feel is acceptable. Remember, enjoy yourself!”

I smiled endearingly, walking back to my seat by Liam. The movie started and we all tuned into it. About halfway through, I got sleepy and felt Liam carry me upstairs. As soon as I hit the bed, I was out.

Niall’s P.O.V.

She pushed me…she actually pushed me into the pool. I dried off, putting on my usual boxers for movie nights. I couldn’t believe she did that. I was just messing around and I got pushed in. She’s strong, that Lauren girl. She runs fast too. I fixed my hair and walked back out past the couples to my spot on the couch. I pouted just to see what she’d do but she just looked at the blank screen. I tried to ignore how Lauren was in the same brand as me and how she left with Danielle.

“Niall don’t pout, it’ll give you wrinkles.” El smiled, trying to joke around.

“Yes ma’am.” I rolled my eyes. Lauren walked back in and sat next to me. I ignored the heat that suddenly entered the room.

“Um Niall?” She asked quietly.

“Yeah?” I turned to face her better.

“I. I’m sorry for pushing you into the pool.” She bit her lip.

“Don’t worry about it…I wanted to swim today.” I smiled, letting her know she didn’t do anything wrong.

I couldn’t help but look her over. She was a little shorter than me, but her hair was almost pale blonde with pink. Her eyes were a little on the violet side and her smile was perfect and always on her face. I felt like I’d known her for a while. What am I doing? She’s Danielle’s friend.

She nodded and sat back on the other side of the couch. All throughout the movie, I glanced back at her. The last time I looked, I caught her eye just as she fell asleep and a smile stole across her face. All of the couples went upstairs, so I went to my room and straightened it up. Afterwards, I grabbed a blanket and extra pillow from my room and went back downstairs. Leaving it on a chair, I picked Lauren up carefully and put her in my bed, sliding the covers over her.

“Goodnight, Niall.” She muttered, half asleep.

“Goodnight, Lau.” I smiled shutting the light off and closing the door.

Picking up the blanket and pillow, I adjusted on the couch and fell asleep. She’s not that bad… That was my last thought before sleep consumed me.

Continue Reading