Cowgirls Don't Cry

By roansNropes

#1 in Cowgirl #1 in Rodeo #1 in Cowboy Luke Anderson is a good ol' country boy, but also a professional bu... More

Jamie Dakota Jackson
Home
Keep It
I Really Wanted To Do That
I Wanted To See You
Bye Cowboy
Listen Bitch
Thats A Pretty Snake
He's HópA
I Missed You
Spark Plug
Sitka
Batter Kisses
I'll Be Okay
Look Here Bitch
Oh, Hi Jolene
She Won't Trust You, Ever
Scared?
You Don't Understand
Cowgirl Say What?
Wedding (Pt. 1)
(Pt.2) That'll Be Us
Nothing
Finally 21!
Thousands of Gasps
Oh Luke
Not the Same Anymore
Trouble
Luke Who?
Dad <3
This Can't Be Happening(Long Chapter)
I Wish
Next Obstacle
Wasted Time
The Real Truth
You're the Girl
I'm Sorry
Took Long Enough
The Future
The Best Day Ever
Epilogue
Announcement!

Drunk On, What? ;)

12K 187 5
By roansNropes

We didn't miss much of the party, except seeing people getting hammered and doing dumb stuff, but I wasn't into that stuff. Missy did say that we missed the swimming but Luke and I's heated moment in his truck is so much better than swimming, and I would take it over anything in the world. Right night now I'm waiting for Luke to come back with a blanket so we cant sit by the fire. It actually cooled down a bit, it was just perfect for a bonfire. There was a couple of other people by the fire, and it was all couples, it was romantic.

I watched Luke walk back to the fire but he forgot where I was, so he didn't see my staring. My back was against a tree, 50 feet away from the fire.. If you didn't know Luke he would look friendly and like a happy person. His normal face wasn't in a frown, it was almost like an adorable grin, man do I got a man. I wonder if I'm the reason behind his grin and if he is thinking about me? I looked down at my feet and I felt a small smile form on my face, this feeling about him is just incredible. I looked up and he was ten feet away from him and I have him a small smile and he returned it. The blanket in his hands looked very comfy and just perfect. I walked to him and wrapped my arm around his waist and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Miss me?" He chuckled and I did, because I actually did.

I leaned against his chest as we watched the fire in peace. I was laying in between his legs and his arms were crossed over my chest, I put my hands on his arms, it was romantic. The fire 15 feet in front of my filled my eyes and I stared at the sparks coming off it and the wood and tree branches burn from the blaze. Then I looked at the couples that were spread away from us, they looked relaxed and in love, it was like I was inside a movie. I didn't want this feeling to ever go away, I felt safe, relaxed, comfortable, happy, warmth, passion and overall luxury. "Jamie?" He asked me and I let my head drift back into the crook of his neck.

"What?" I asked him in a soft voice and his grip tightened on me and I leaned into him more.

"I l-" He started to say until someone yelled.

"Jamie, Luke! Come help!!" Missy yelled and I lifted my head up and we both looked at her and she looked  scared and I got up and Luke got up and we ran after Missy. Luke and I looked at each other but continued to go, as we got closer we could hear cussing and some arguing, I think it was Braxton. We stopped when Missy did and we both got a better look on what was going on, and Braxton and three other guys were fighting, oh my gosh. I grabbed Missy instantly and pulled her into me, and without warning Luke stepped into the fight and tried to break it up. Once he pulled the guy of Braxton, the other guy punched Luke. "Hey!" I yelled.

Luke pushed the guy off him and gave him a blow to his face, and they started fighting, and then they all pushed each other off each other. The fight was intense and I was scared, because our boyfriends were in there. Luke and Braxton are now side by side. They all looked at each other and I got a good look at Braxton, black eye, cut lip and eyebrow, he was a mess. Braxton started to take a step forward but then Luke put his hand on his chest and sent him a warning look and then whispered something in his ear, and Brax sighed and he started to walk away. Missy scrambled out of my arms and ran to him, and then I looked at Luke. "Luke Anderson, the hero." A voice said and Luke looked at the guy and so did I, it was the guy I told off earlier, just great.

"I'm just helping a friend." He said and started walking towards me, he didn't look phased at all.

"Just leave, like a little pussy?" He teased him, but again Luke wasn't affected by it. Luke reached me and I put my hands on his chest and he looked down at me, he just had a little blood on his lip, and a scratch on his face, that would heal nice. "So that's your boyfriend?" He asked now looking at me and Luke turned so he was blocking me.

"Let the fight go, Callahan." Luke said, trying  to make peace, but the guy chuckled.

"Or what? You'll walk away? Oh and when you do, leave your pretty girl here with me. " He teased again and I stepped beside Luke and grabbed his bicep, and I felt him relax.

"C'mon lets go." Luke said to me and I looked to the ground and he started walking away, I still held on to his bicep, he picked up the blanket as we walked past the fire.

"I wonder what that was about?" I ask him as we got into his truck.

"I don't know, but I'm guessing Missy had to be apart of it." He said and started his truck and backed up. "I'm sorry about that." He apologized, and I don't know why he did.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I don't like fighting.." He said as he focused on the road.

"You've been in a fight before?" I asked him, I'm not shocked, because I know every guy gets into a fight once in his life. I'm just curious.

"Three times, and they weren't pretty.. And the funny thing is that they were all with the same guys." He lightly chuckled and I looked at him. "Just guys from my old high school, we've never gotten along. And you know Matt?" He asked and looked at me and I nodded. "He's friends with them, they are not good guys." He was dead serious and I decided not to ask him anymore questions.

We drove into my drive and he took his time getting to my house, it was a quiet ride after our talk, but I didn't mind. He parked his truck and I opened my door and he did too and I got out and waited for him to come around. He grabbed my hands and slowly pulled me into him and I leaned up and he softly kissed me, these kisses were my favorite, because they meant so much more than the others.

"What did you have to say earlier?" I asked him after we pulled away. He looked at the ground and back to me and sighed.

"It was nothing." He said with a shrug and a small grin and I nodded and gave him one last kiss.

"Goodnight." I said and released my hands from his and stepped back.

"Night." He said and watched me turn around and I started walking to the porch. Inside my I felt like he was lying about what he was going to say earlier, and I couldn't put my finger on it. Before I opened the door I looked at him again and I saw him going back to his door. I turned the door knob and sighed. "Jamie, wait!" He suddenly shouted and I looked at him and he was making his way to me and I let go of the knob and started walking to him.

"Luke?" I questioned him and he put his hands over my ears, which my hair was covering over. I searched his eyes and he did the same to me.

"I love you." He said and my heart stopped, I was taken back, but I kept eye contact with him. He crashed his addictive lips on mine and I kissed him back. It was short and after he pulled back he searched my eyes for an answer, but he should of been searching my heart for one. I felt a big smile form on my face because I was sure of my answer.

"I love you too." I said and his hands went around my back and his hands slid across it and picked me up a little bit, and we both smiled and kissed each other. I actually did love him, what else could be the indescribable feeling I have inside me all the time, since these past weeks? I can't wait to tell Missy and my mom, this is going to be amazing. We pulled away from our faces and just looked at each other and I bit my lip from having a happy laugh.

"You know it's suppose to be rainy tomorrow." He said and put me down, but still held onto me.

"Oh really?" I ask him, with a playful tone.

"Yeah, so pick out a movie and series you want to watch tomorrow." He said with a smile.

"Alright, oh and bring your mom's baking recipes." I told him and he nodded and planted a kiss on my head and I backed away, again.

"See you tomorrow." He said as I turned away, and I turned my head towards him, to see him checking me out, gosh dang boy.

"See ya cowboy." I said with a smirk and walked to my door. I didn't turn back around because who knows what would of happened, and I am tired. I locked the door behind me and walked up the stairs and to my bathroom and I grabbed my makeup remover and took off my mascara. I slipped off my clothes and I put my phone in the doc and turned it up, and then I turned on the shower, making sure it was warm, not cold, and not scorching hot, just right.

I finished brushing my hair and I flipped it up and down and I looked at myself in the mirror, everything the same as every night. I grabbed my phone and I walked into my bedroom and I jumped on my bed and I crawled under my sheets and I buried the side of my face into the pillow and sighed. I closed my eyes, I didn't realize how tired I am until just now, goodnight to me.

******************

I woke up in the middle of the night and I groaned as I saw the time was three in the morning. I was about to go back to sleep but then I heard a horse going crazy outside. I sat up and I rolled off the bed and grabbed a sweatshirt and some shorts, and I walked downstairs. I walked outside to the morning temperature, maybe 50 degrees out, it was Sitka making the noise. Not surprised by her outburst right now, if I was a wild horse now trapped in a arena I would act out to. I know the gate is too high for her to jump, I put her in the one with the highest fence.

I walked over to the gate and I stood on the steel and watched her, she was bucking and running in circles, I just waited for her to calm down. When she wasn't doing as much I started to talk to her, "Hey pretty girl." I said and her eyes came to me and I saw her nostrils flare from her heavy breathing, she was such a beautiful horse. She stomped her foot and stared at me and I climbed up the fence and into the arena. I started humming a random song to her and I saw her body relax and I smiled to myself, I find it funny how she remembers my singing. I grabbed the apple I got earlier from the barn and I slowly held it up to her and she devoured it, good thing I brought another one. Before I let her have it, I placed my hand on her forehead and she was startled and took a step back and huffed. "C'mon we were doing good." I mumbled to myself.

I held out the granny smith in my palm and she slowly walked over to me and grabbed it with her teeth and ate it and I smiled to myself. "Were you all alone your life?" I ask her, but who am I kidding, I probably sound crazy right now. I always do this with animals, I make small talk, even though I know they can't reply to me. I just watched her walk around the gated arena, she was calmed down. I admired how her leg muscles bulged out, and her black hair shined, she was pure mustang. A yawn escaped my lips and I looked at her once more, "Goodnight." I said and climbed over the fence, and I started walking back to my very comfy bed..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 400 12
Keslie, is a 19 year old girl that has never been interested in boys but as she walks behind the chutes she sees his dark brown eyes meet hers can th...
70.2K 943 30
Ail Bennett was on the road to fame when she had an accident that could have stopped her riding forever. She gets back in the saddle and takes a chan...
86.9K 1.9K 27
Amy is an ordinary rodeo girl. She is a professional Barrel Racer that only cares about the rodeo, friends an family . She doesn't really like many b...
11.7K 455 29
"He's my home, no matter where he is." - They say the harder you work, the luckier you get. Sometimes luck isn't good enough to count on. Sometimes y...