Recognize. (Urban.)

By Miyahbabyy

When Asia was younger she fell in love when she was 16 years old. Her family was all dissapoinments, and he w... More

Intro.
Present Day (Fill in)
Chapter 2 - Baby Momma Secrets.
Chapter 3 - See you Again.
Chapter 4 - Ugly Rat Ass.
Chapter 5 - Nightmares and Bullshit.
Chapter 6 - All hell breaks lose.
Chapter 7 - Go Away.
Chapter 8 - Lost in the Womb.
Chapter 9 - Cookie's Family.
Chapter 10 - Call a Quit.
Chapter 11 - Let me Hold You.
Chapter 12 - Treat Me Like Somebody.
Chapter 13 - Taking my Son.
Chapter 14 - If I can't have you NOBODY CAN.
Chapter 15 - You think I'm Crazy?
Chapter 16 - Fucking Liar.
Chapter 17 - Letters Never Seen.
Chapter 18 - Orlando Florida.
Chapter 19 - Orlanda Florida Part 2.
Chapter 20 - Ace.
Chapter 21 - Flashback.
Chapter 22 - Flashback 2
Chapter 23 - His mother.
Chapter 24 - Mom & Baby.
Book Club
Chapter 25 - Get Together.
Chapter 26 - Game.
Chapter 27 - New Yorkk Cityy.
Chapter 28 - Shots Fired.
Chapter 29 - Taken for Granted.
Epilogue.
Favor ..
IDGAF..
SEQUEL
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 1 - Oops.

27.1K 999 411
By Miyahbabyy

Asia.

I cut the T.V back on as Me, and Harmony ate. I loved my daughter you death man.

She was sitting there stuffing her mouth. My baby girl loves food.

"Harmony stop stuffing your mouth before you choke." I warned her while still eating. Countless of times she has almost choked stuffing her mouth.

"Okay mommy." She than took very little bites, and ate very slowly. This little girl is a trip.

"Harmony now your eating way too slow." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry mommy it's just soooooooo good." She chewed while rubbing her tummy smiling.

"You really enjoy it? Thanks to your mommy."

"Oh no. I helped too.. actually mommy I did most of the cooking, so you should be thanking meeee." She smiled batting them long eyelashes.

She was Andre's child alright. The skin tone.. The attitude, and the way she batted her eyelashes only to make me feel better. He did that a lot cause he knew it turned me on, and stopped me from being upset with him.

"Little girl.. you are too much like your daddy. Did you know that?"

"You've told me. When can I see him?"

"Soon Harmony. Soon."

"You always say that. Is it because he doesn't care about us? Just his other family that's on T.V?"

"Harmony... why would you think that? Of course he loves you. I just...listen mommy was having a hard time when you were still in my tummy, and your daddy was too. I just wanted you to be safe so now we are here." I tried to explain to her.

I wasn't gonna tell my four year old daughter that I ran away. Then she's gonna grow up thinking it's okay to run away from her problems.

"Doesn't look like you guys are having a hard time now. My daddy is FAMOUSSS!" She hollered.

"I know. But once he sees you.. I promise he'll love you the same way he loves his other family." I said.

I wasn't sure though. About anything.

"Okay. But you keep saying soon. That could be one billion years from now."

"It won't be. Pinkie promise." I locked my pinkie with hers, as we kissed them.

"Looks like your all done. Go to the bathroom so you can take a bath, and then maybe we can go the park." She jumped up, and down.

"Okay!" She sprinted off to the bathroom, as I cleaned up in the kitchen, and everywhere else there was a mess.

I'm a huge neat freak. I can't stand a dirty house, I will freak out if there's even a pin on the floor. I've always been like that since I was a baby.

I was dusting off the counter when there was a knock on my door. I looked through my peephole, and it was Melanie. She's my best friend, we went to high school together.

I opened the door, and she smiled welcoming herself in.

"Hello to you too white girl."

"Asiaaaaa!" She hugged me tight, and I laughed. She's soooo phony.

*Melanie in mm*

"Oh so you couldn't hug me a few seconds ago when you barged into my house?"

"Sorry girl. Craig ugly ass acting up." She said as she got a piece of bacon off of the plate I put in the kitchen.

Ever since I knew Mel, she's always been really cool. I knew she was gonna be my bestfriend as soon as I stepped into that bougie high school. That's my bitch since I moved down here.

I can remember countless of times we have fought girls that tried fucking with us. No.. I did not want to be known as that bad bitch nobody fucked with. But girls just didn't like us, and bullied us. Even back at my old school in California it was like that. I just let girls talk though because they never phased me. When I met Melanie crazy ass she taught me how to fight cause she was getting tired of girls messing with me. After I learned we got into countless of fights in school and I was always the main one crying.. but Melanie didn't care. I loved her so much. She also accepted me after I told her my full story, and didn't look at me any differently. We've been through everything together. Even her parents had helped me out plenty of times.

"Oh Lord. What did he do this time?" I asked. Craig was her boyfriend, but he was totally just fucking around with her.

I've told Mel that but she just doesn't listen.

"He told me I needed to lose some weight for him. Can you believe that?" She asked stuffing her face with bacon over my counter top.

"Girl fuck him."

"No seriously Asia. Do you think my butt is getting bigger?" She turned her body trying to look at her ass. She had a lot going on back there.

"If it is...then that's a good thing. Your just changing if he can't appreciate you for who you are he was full of shit anyways." She smacked her teeth, and chuckled.

"Whatever you say. Where's my babygirl?"

"Shit.. she's in the bathroom let me go check on her." I went into the bathroom, and she had her water running dancing around with her towel wrapped around her.

She was a very responsible, and independent for her age. "Harmony what are you doing?"

"Dance with me Mommy!" She grabbed my hands, and she sang some song she heard off the T.V

The house phone started ringing loud. Ugh.

"I'll be right back sweetie okay?"

"Mhhm."

I ran into my bedroom, and looked at the Caller ID. It was K.C

"Hello?"

"Asia how soon can you get down here?"

"What? Why what's going on?"

"Ma is in the hospital. She had a shortage in breathing, and chest pain. Her heart rate is slow right now, and she can barely keep her eyes open. She said she wants to see you before it's too late. Asia please, get down here she needs you."

My heart beated rapidly out of my chest. I didn't know what to say.

"Asia say something!" He yelled in the phone.

"Okay okay.. um.. five hours if I catch the plane." I said.

"Asia she's not gonna make it can't you get here earlier? Like an hour?"

"No idiot I'm all the way in New York!"

"Do what you gotta do, this your last chance." With that being said he hung up.

I froze. Was this really it? I cried silently laying the phome down on the bed.

"Asia where's the rest of--

She saw me, and she walked over to me.

"Is everything okay?"

I didn't say anything, cause I felt like breaking down. Why did I run away? I was such a disappoint, and now she's almost gone, and I'm not even sure I'm gonna make it on time to see her alive.

I felt Mel's arms snake around me as she embraced me, and that's when I lost it.

"No, no, no! This is all my fault!" I hollered in tears on Melanie's chest.

*5hours later* (California)

I ran into the hospital holding on to Harmony's hand, as she asked me a billion questions I couldn't answer as Mel followed behind me.

I went to the receptionist desk, but I ran right into K.C. He gave me a big hug when he saw me, and for the first time I saw him crying.

"She's gone Asia. She ain't make it." He said.

My knees buckled, and he held unto me as Melanie patted my back.

"K.C please. No this can't be happening! Where is she!?" I yelled.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Harmony asked. I couldn't speak.

"C'mon." He led me unto the top floor, and Harmony was getting to know him asking him tons of questions.

I went inside a room, and there she was. Lying there still with her eyes closed. I ran over to her, and shook her.

"Mommy! Wake up!" I yelled. Still no movement. Oh my gosh.

"Asia." K.C grabbed my arm.

"No!" I resisted, and he left me there.

She still had that beautiful face, I remembered. She looked so tired though. I couldn't stop crying. I fucked up, and I know she probably hates me, and now she's gonna carry that hate to her grave. That's the worst part about this whole situation.

*2 Days Later*

I have been in this hotel for two days straight. Doing absolutely nothing but sulking. I hate myself.. why was I so stupid?

It was cloudy outside, and that matched my mood. The door swung open, and it was Melanie and Harmony.

She started jumping on my bed, and yelling.

"Mommy get up! Get up!"

"Baby get off my bed."

"But we're going somewhere, and I don't like to see you sad. Mommy pleaseeeeeeee." I sat up, and looked at Melanie.

She chuckled. "I agree Harmony. Asia get up were going somewhere you been in this bed for two days. I know your mother died but you have to get out. California is beautiful." She said.

"No." I stuffed my face with the pillows, and that's when Harmony got on top of me, and started tickling me.

I laughed uncontrollably, and tried to move her hands

"St-stop haha, Harmony."

"Mommmyy get uppppppppp." She yelled continuing.

"Okay! Haha. Imma get up." I got out of bed, and she clapped.

"Now get pretty. Do your makeup, and the smell good stuff you use, and put on some heels. And... fix your hair." She said.

"Yeah... its a suprise." Mel added as they shut my door. Ugh. I don't wanna go anywhere, but I'm gonna go anyways just to me make my baby happy. Cause in all honestly I'm in a shifty mood.

I have been in bed for the past 2 days. I rolled out of bed, and got my clothes out the drawer, and hopped on the shower while washing my hair. After about 30 minutes I got out, and dried off. I lotioned my legs, and all of my body, and put on deodarant.

Afterwards I slipped on my blue skin tight dress that passed my knees, and my black wedges with a gold necklace.

I did my eyebrows adding concealer to make them look good, and a little bit of foundation, and glued my eyelashes on spraying my perfume.

I sighed after I was done, and looked down.

"Get it together Asia."

**

We've been driving around for at least an hour with the uber driver. And I was asking a whole lot of questions, but nobody answered me.

Finally we arrived, and got was a stadium. Harmony hopped out the car, and I grabbed her hand.

"Don't let go of my hand okay?" She nodded her head. There was alot of people here.

"Yes mommy!"

"Why are we at a stadium?" I questioned Mel, as the uber driver pulled off.

"To see your baby daddy play." She smirked.

"What!? noo. I'm calling the uber driver back to come pick me up." I pulled my phone out, and she snatched it. I can't believe this. I can't face him. Not now, I can't.

"Calm down. Tighten up before its too late, like it was with your mother." She told me. She was right.

"Mel..I can't what if--

"C'mon let's go before they start!" she said as she pulled me into the crowds of people with Harmony following me still holding my hand. This is crazy.

Once we got in there loud music playing, and football players every where. It was packed with people, and I didn't want to lose Harmony that's why I wouldn't let go of her hand. We were making our way to our seats that the escorts escorted us too. All of a sudden the speaker said something, and I got 10 times more nervous.

"Player number 11 Andre Freeman. Quarterback is now leading the team on there fourth win of this season."

Everyone started clapping, and he appeared on the screen. His face seemed so serious, as he held his hands into his lap. The only difference was he looked buffer.

"I can't do this!" I yelled about to walk off.

"That's my Daddy!" Harmony yelled, and let go of my hand running away.

"Harmony!" I hollered. I looked down for a second at my heels so I wouldn't fall, and when I looked up, she was gone.

Andre.

In was sitting on the bench talking to the coach about the play today. I was stressed out, and I wasn't even paying attention.

"Freeman, are you listening?" I nodded my head. Something about today seemed to be weird. I had a feeling.

I saw a little girl running my way, and she tapped my shoulders, and as soon as my attention came to her she gave me a big hug. She was a pretty dark skin little girl with dimples, and long pretty hair that was braided.

"Hi little girl. You a fan?" I asked as she came, and sat on my lap. She was pretty brave.

"Freeman. Who's the kid?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm your daughter, I've always wanted to meet you, but my mommy kept saying soon, and we practically had to beg her to come. It was kind of a surprise."

Everybody looked at the child, including coach, and I didn't know what to say. Was this some kind of joke?

"Alright, you can't be out here right now."

"But I came to wish daddy good luck."

"Broo, you got a daughter?" One of my teammates asked.

"Somebody come get this child off the field!" Coach said.

"My mom's name is Asia, and I'm Harmony!"

I froze in my seat looking at her. Asia? I thought she was dead.

"Are you okay daddy?"

"Freeman do you know her?" Coach asked.

"I'm his daughter idiot! I already told you that! And I am not a little girl! I'm four Mr!" She hollered.

"Harmony!" I heard a yell. I turned around, and there was security holding back a woman. She had on a blue skin tight dress, and heels with her hair pulled to the side. It was Asia.

"That's my daughter out there, you have to let me go!" She hollered as they held her back.

"I call to time out." I told coach. Was that really Asia?

"Oops." The little girl bit her lip, and her eyes looked watery.

The coach went to go call time out, and I grabbed the little girls hand, as we walked over to her.

She looked at me, and I smiled. It was Asia. She was crying, and trying to get to her shaken daughter. Well.. our daughter.

When I walked up all the way all I could do was stare. I couldn't believe this.

The security stepped back, and she grabbed Harmony from me by her upper arm.

"Harmony what is wrong with you? Huh?" She shook her hard, and she started to cry.

"Sorry." She cried. She looked at me, and just stared.

"Asia? Is that really you?"

She smiled, and nodded her head slowly in tears.

The game couldn't be held on for too long.

"Freeman!" I heard coach holler.

"Give me a paper, and pen."

"What?" She asked shaking her head looking embarrassed.

"Hurry!" I said looking back.

She rushed, and looked for a paper, and pen and I snatched it from her writing down my address. After I handed it to her, and she glanced at it shoving it in her pocket.

"I'm sorry. I gotta go. Good luck." With that being said she walked off still holding on to Harmony's arm.

"Wait!"

-Miyah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.4K 2.1K 23
Asia Jackson was your normal good girl, a honors student, loves to cheer and dance in her spare time. But some how a blast from the past she's forgot...
139K 4.3K 23
|| 𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙮𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬 ||
12.1K 507 17
Trust? Love? Drugs? Money? What ya gon do when it all falls apart? What happens when you find Love but it ain't who you thought it would be ? Best fr...
72.7K 1.6K 28
She broke his heart. She left him when he needed her the most. She was the most precious thing he'd ever had but to her he was just someone she passe...