Outcast

By Dancing_In_The_Rain

Anna Smith moves across the country to a new home in Oregon to try to escape her ex-boyfriend who liked to ab... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 -Part One-
Chapter 13 -Part Two-
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 10

903 16 0
By Dancing_In_The_Rain

Chapter 10

Anna's POV

"Come on, Anna! We don't have all day you know!" Hailey yelled across the parking lot. I was saying good bye to James and apparently we were taking to long because Hailey kept yelling at us. I was going to go shopping with Hailey and Rachael for the ceremony tomorrow and then they are going to spend the night at my house. James is supposed to be meeting me at the ceremony.

He laughed. "I guess you'd better go," James said, hugging me closer to him. I sighed happily. I could stand here forever in his arms. 

"I guess... But I will see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Of course. Now go, before I get killed by Hailey over there." He said chuckling. 

"Fine, bye James." I said and then let go of him, staring up at his hazel eyes. 

"Bye," Then he turned me around and pushed me towards Hailey and Rachael who were waiting by Hailey’s car. Looking back over my shoulder at him, I saw he was staring at me. I smiled and then made my way over to Hailey and Rachael.

"Finally! I thought we were going to be here all night and miss out on shopping!" Rachael teased. 

"Hey! You try saying bye to your mate!" I countered. It was hard! We all laughed and then got in the car, Hailey in the drivers seat, me in the passengers seat and Rachael in the back. 

"Well, we wouldn't know now would we?" Hailey said. Neither of them had mates and Hailey said she didn't care but I knew she did. Rachael has tried forever to find her mate, but she hasn't turned 18 yet so it's harder until then. 

I laughed. "No, I guess not. Sorry," 

As we hit the highway, Hailey said, "So, Rachael you're an expert on clothes. What should Hailey wear to make James stutter but not look like some slut at the same time?" 

Rachael and I laughed. "No WAY am I looking like that!" I cried, making them laugh. 

"Don't worry, we won't let that happen. We want you to make James stutter and impress the pack at the same time, and I think I have the perfect idea." Rachael said. 

"Well what is it?" I asked. 

"It's a surprise!"

"No! You have to tell us!" Hailey said, turning into the mall parking lot.

"You'll find out soon enough," Rachael said, hopping out of the parked car. I and Hailey followed and soon we were inside the mall, heading towards a clothing store I didn't know the name of.

Rachael and Hailey pulled me through the entire store and came up with a white three-tiered skirt, a denim skirt, a spaghetti strap shirt that had dark blue, magenta and purple dots covering it and a dark jean jacket. 

"Go try on the white skirt first!" Hailey said, throwing the shirt, skirt and jacket at me. 

I went into the fitting rooms, changing quickly and came out to get my friends opinion. The skirt about knee-length, and the top wasn't too low or too high. The jacket was one of those mid-length ones.

"Ooh, you look so pretty!" Hailey said. 

"I like the jacket and the shirt, but the skirt... Go try on the other one!" Rachael said. I did, and the denim skirt was about mid thigh length. I had to say, it looked much better.

When I walked out again, the both were smiling and Hailey said, "That. You should definitely wear that!" 

"I agree, go change so we can get to your house and eat, I'm starving!" Rachael said. We laughed and then I went to change. 

After buying my new clothes, we just began walking through the mall, going no where in particular. I was looking around at all the people when one of them stood out, and he was eerily familiar. Damon Sheets. I stopped, and looked at him closer, not believing my eyes. No, it's not him, it can't be him. Besides, he looks different. It's not him. 

Someone snapped their fingers in my face. "Hello? Anna?" I blinked.

"What? Sorry, I spaced out..." I said, and continued walking again.

"What, About James?" Rachael snickered.

"Well... You know..." We all laughed.

"So, are you guys ready to go? Because I am starving," Hailey said. We all agreed and headed out the doors, ready to get home. 

It was now 8 O'clock and we were sitting up in my room on the balcony eating pizza and talking. About what? Well, James, specifically me and James. 

"I am so going to start planning your wedding!" Hailey said, making me blush. 

"Ooh! I want to be the flower girl!" Rachael cried. 

I laughed. "Guys! It's not as if we're going to get married next month! And besides, who ever said we were?" I told them, looking down at the half eaten slice of pizza on my plate in my lap. 

They both looked at me like I was crazy. "You have to be kidding. I mean, if you two didn't get married, I think everyone would be worried."

I smiled. "Yeah, you're right. Okay... You guys can plan my wedding." The both squealed in delight and then began talking animatedly. 

"Anna! Can we borrow your laptop?" Rachael asked. 

"Sure... Why?" I asked, getting up and walking inside to retrieve my laptop from my desk. Walking back out, Rachael said "So we can look up wedding cakes!"

"And wedding gowns!" Hailey piped up. She thought for a moment. "Oh, we need bride's maid dresses! Anna?" I handed Rachael the laptop.

I thought. Maybe a light blue would look good, and maybe some light green? Bringing up a mental image, I discarded the thought. No green, but white will work. "Sky blue, with those white ribbons around the middle," I said. "I don't know if I want long or short dresses though." 

"Okay, we need a notebook." Hailey said. 

"Right here!" Rachael yelled, making me jump. 

I looked at her curiously. "Where did you...?" I laughed. "Never mind. Why are you guys planning my wedding now though?" 

Rachael spoke up, while typing something on my computer, "Because we've always wanted to do it, but no one had found their mate yet and you're the first so why not?" She said. 

"Oh. You know, I'm going to have to do the same thing with you two, right?" I told them. 

Hailey had a look of fear in her eye. "Oh no," She whispered dramatically. 

"Oh yes!" Rachael and I cried.

We laughed and Rachael gasped at something on the computer. "So pretty," She said. Hailey and I scooted closer to her and we both agreed. ((A/N: I'm not good with describing dresses or any other clothing, but I'll try my best!)) On the page she had pulled up, was a sky blue dress, with three tiered layers. Just above the first layer was a bright white thick ribbon, tied in a bow on one side. The dress was strapless, and just above the knee. 

"It’s so pretty," I whispered. 

"I know." Hailey said. 

"Hailey, write this down!" Rachael said, pointing to something on the screen. 

Hailey opened the note book to the first blank page and began to write. "How many of these would we need?" She said, looking up at me. 

"Um... Maybe four. One for Rachael, the flower girl, one for Hailey, my bridesmaid, and then the other two for Amanda and Abby I guess." I said. Hailey wrote that down, a smile on her face and then looked back up at me. 

"What about the guys? What will they wear?" She asked. 

"A tux?" I said. 

"Yes, but what color? Black?" I nodded. "And what about the tie color?" Wow. She thinks of everything. 

"How about the same color as the dresses," Rachael suggested. 

"Sure, that works." I said. Hailey nodded and wrote that down. 

"What about Anna's wedding dress?" 

"I can figure that out when the time comes, but I'm taking you guys with me." I told them. They both smiled.

"What about the wedding cake?" Rachael asked. She typed something else in the computer, and I watched as images of light blue and white wedding cakes appeared on the screen. "You've got to love Google." She said. 

"Oh, I like that one!" Hailey said, pointing to a white three layered cake on the screen. On the top of the cake there was a bride and groom, the veil of the bride blue, and cascading down the cake like a waterfall. There were blue and white flowers in the crevices of the cake, and on the top layer were the words 'Forever' written in a pretty cursive. 

"Wow that is pretty." I said. "Write that down?" Hailey nodded and began scribbling away. 

"Can we take a break from all this planning? I want some of those fresh-baked cookies my mom was making." I said, standing up on the balcony. Hailey and Rachael agreed quickly and stood up with me, walking inside and down the steps. 

I could smell the cookies when I entered the kitchen, and looked at the pan on the top of the stove. My mom and dad were standing against the counter, eating some cookies. 

"Hey mom hey dad." I said as I began shoveling all of the cookies onto a plate. 

"Hey honey. So what are you girls up to up there?" My mom asked. The walls were sound proof, so we can't hear through them.

"We're planning Anna's wedding," Hailey told her while I sat the cookies down on the table. 

My mom laughed. "You girls are silly. Who will be her husband?" 

Rachael reached for a cookie and answered. "Her mate?" 

I froze. They didn't know I had found my mate yet. 

"Her mate?" My dad asked. "I didn't know you found your mate." He said, turning to me. 

"Um... Yeah, I did..." I said, keeping my head down while nibbling on a cookie. 

"Who is he?" 

"James..." I said quietly. 

My dad growled impatiently. "James who?" 

"Porter." I said even quieter. 

"The Alphas son?" My mom asked, sparing me from my fathers questioning. 

"Yeah." I said. 

"Wait, isn’t he the one who was kicked out of his pack?" My dad asked. 

I nodded. I looked over at Hailey and Rachael who were standing next to me awkwardly. 

"Hm. Okay." My dad said it in a tone that promised we would talk later. 

"Yep well, we are going to go up to my room now... So bye!" I said quickly and bolted out of the room, the cookies in my hands and Rachael and Hailey following close behind me. 

When we got back on my balcony I put the plate of cookies in the middle of us.

"Sorry, I thought they knew." Rachael said. 

"Nah, it's okay. I didn't really know how to tell them anyways, so you helped." I said smiling. "Come on, let’s get back to planning my wedding!" I said. 

They agreed and that’s how the rest of the night went. Planning my wedding and eating cookies. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There! I hoped you liked thios chapter! There was going to be another part to it but I firgured I would wait. This chaper seems long enough anyways, at least it seems that way. I don't know when I will be able o update next becuase I have marching band practice tomorrow, A parade the next day, then I;m going to a friends sunday and i'm doing another parade on Monday. But anywyas, I hope you enjoyed!

Vote, comment, fan, smile :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 35.8K 35
Now 17,Cute and quirky Hazel has been looking for her mate for just over a year and has realised he's obviously not in her home city NewYork. In orde...
210K 9.6K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
42.2K 729 18
[Slowly Editing] Ariana Renee Grayson is an 18 year old werewolf. Growing up without her father, and never knowing about her brother was hard. After...
10.2K 233 26
Elsa is abused by her family, the Black Sun pack, and she doesn't know why. Finally, she sees her one chance at escape and takes it. Now on the run f...