Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 45

53.9K 1.9K 4.8K
By Dijah_Love

Amara P.O.V.

"You girls have a good day, I should be here when you guys get back." I let out a small smile at Miranda, before sliding in the passenger seat of Olivia's car.

We haven't talked since yesterday when she caught Tyson and I, but she's been keeping it together infront of Miranda if she comes around us. "Alright by mama."

She got inside the car and started it up, letting silence fill the car. She backed up out of the driveway, and took off towards the direction of school.

I knew she was still mad at what she saw from the way she's been acting around me when nobody was around. She didn't make eye contact with me, or acted like I existed, only when Miranda was around she held it together.

I turned my head and looked out the window, wondering if I should try to speak to her again. After she closed that door in my face, I honestly didn't want too, but for some reason I felt like I needed too.

I slightly cleared my throat and looked over at her. ".....Thanks for letting me ride with you this morning."

She kept her eyes on the road, as if I wasn't speaking to her at all. I took a deep breath, deciding to try again. "I know you probably didn't want to take me to school with you....so I appreciate it."

I stared at the side of her face, trying to get a reaction out of her, but she wasn't giving me any type of reaction at all. She was literally sitting there as if she was alone in the car.

She pulled up to a red light, and stopped. "Olivia." I said in a sigh.

She reached over for her phone and grabbed it, still ignorning me. I shook my head, not knowing what to do at this point.

I watched her type on her phone and sit it down, unbothered as hell. "Olivia." I said again.

"I know you hear me." She was silent.

"...Im speaking to yo-"

"Let's get this straight." She said, cutting me off. "Outside of the house I don't know you, and you don't know me. When we get in the car, don't acknowledge me, cause I damn sure won't be acknowleding you."

I frowned a little, taken back by this attitude she had all of a sudden. "When we're around our parents, I'll speak, and you'll speak back, but beside that, I don't want anything to do with you, got it?"

My frown deepend, not use to her being like this. "Did you hear me?" She asked, waiting for me to give her a response.

"...Yeah.....I heard you."

"Good." She turned back to the road, and took off from the green light.

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Bye daddy, Im leaving." I grabbed my keys off the counter and made my way over to the front door.

"Hol up baby girl." I sighed, turning back around.

"You ain't gunna say bye to yo mama?" I frowned, folding my arms across my chest.

"She's not even down here, and I have to go." He frowned a little. "She's comin down in a minute, just wait."

I sighed, shifting my weight to my right foot.

"Baby come on, we gotta go!" Daddy yelled up the stairs.

I slightly rolled my eyes, not wanting to see mama right now. I heard a door close, letting me know she was about to come downstairs.

"You ready ma?" Daddy asked, watching mama come down the stairs. "Yeah, Im ready." She put her earrings in and stepped down the last step.

"...Where y'all going?" I asked, looking at daddy.

"Im takin yo mama out to breakfast and to the doctor before she goes to work."

"Ohh." I mumbled.

Mama looked over at me and smiled. "Goodmorning Li."

"Morning." I said dryly.

Daddy frowned. "You ight Li?" I nodded. "Yeah Im fine."

"You sure?" He asked, folding his arms across my chest.

"Yeah Im sure." I pulled my bag up on my shoulder, trying my best not to make eye contact with mama.

"...Ight....well have a good day."

"Yeah, have a good day baby, and I'll see you later."

I let out a faint smile before quickly turning around and walking out the house.

****

"Have you talked to Amara yet?" I shook my head and sighed, not wanting to talk about Amara.

"No, I haven't." Marissa smacked her lips together. "Really Li? I thought you would have talked to her by now."

I shrugged. "I've been busy, I'll talk to her soon."

"What is soon?" She asked, leaning up agaisnt my locker. "You need to talk to her today or tommorow, so we can all drop this beef and hang out again, I get tired of being with you all the time."

I slightly chuckled. "Look, I'll talk to her when I get a chance alright? She wasn't in a rush to talk to me, and if she really needs someone, she has my number and we have the same first period, all she does is sit there like I don't exist."

She lifted a brow. "Don't you do the same thing though?" I shrugged. "Maybe, but so what? She's the one who needs a friend, not me, Im not gunna kiss her ass."

She frowned. "Damn Li....that's kinda fucked up.....since when did you become so cold-hearted."

I smirked. "I wouldn't call it cold-hearted, Im just not taking anybody's shit anymore, especially not Amara's she's been a bitch to me for too long, and Im not just gunna roll over and let her get away with it, so like I said, I'll talk to her when I have the time, thanks."

She looked me up and down, with a stank look on her face. "Ever since you dyed you hair, you've been switchin up like crazy, you've never been this insensitive." She folded her arms across her chest, obviously unhappy.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Yeah whatever." She said, mocking me. "You need to chill and get it together, and save that attitude shit for Cordarius, because Im not the one Li, and you out of all people know that......so get it together please." She looked me up and down before walking away.

Marcus P.O.V.

"So you meetin him after school today?" I nodded my head, pushing open the double doors to school.

"Yeah tonight, Im leavin work early to get to him so I can sell his shit and go gome."

Will sighed. "Damn....I still don't feel like he can do this shit to you, are you sure there ain't nothin we can do?"

I sighed.

"Nah, and I told y'all that, don't get involved in this, I already got somethin in the works."

"You do?" I nodded my head, putting in the code to my locker. "Yeah, I do."

"Already?? Shit that was fast, how'd you pull that off?"

"I didn't, Meeka did." Will frowned. "Meeka? Meeka, Meeka?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that's the only Meeka we know."

"How she gon help you?"

I pulled one of my books out my locker and shut it. "She's gunna try and get the tapes from Cordarius."

Both of his brows shot up. "Forreal? What made her wanna help you all of a sudden??"

I sighed. "Trust me, it's a long ass story."

"And you trust her?" I nodded. "Ion got no choice but to right now, and besides, she told me alot of shit about Cordarius, and this dumb ass plan he had made to fuck up me and Aliyah's relationship."

"He made a plan to break y'all up?"

"I guess so, that's what it sounded like to me."

"That's some bitch shit." He started. "So now that you know he purposely broke y'all up, are you gunna try to get back with her?"

I frowned, shaking my head. "Nah, Aliyah ain't even my concern right now, gettin these tapes and makin sure Cordarius' dumb ass can't blackmail me no more is, besides, she's way to wrapped around his finger, and she's changed too much for me."

"You talked to her?"

"Yeah, the other day I did, but she ain't even actin like herself, so whatever, that ain't none of my concern, ima talk to Meeka today and see what she's came up with."

"Ight, cool."

Simone P.O.V.

"well your officially a month now Mrs.Alsina, how does it feel?" I smiled widely, watching Dr.Frayer wipe down my stomach.

"It feels amazing, Im so excited." He chuckled, pulling his gloves off. "You should be excitied, the both of you should be very excitied." He said, looking over at August.

I pulled down my shirt and sat up straight.

"Just remember the warning I gave you, your doing great so far, I just need you to keep up the good work."

I nodded. "I will."

"Okay, whenever your ready meet me up at the front so we can schedule your next appointment." I smiled a little. "Okay, thanks."

I waited until he left the room to slide off the examination table and fix my clothes up on myself.

"Your being really quiet today." I smirked a little, looking over at August.

"My bad ma." He started. "I was jus thinkin about somethin."

I frowned. "Something like what??" I pushed my hair behind my shoulders and grabbed my purse.

"Aliyah, what was up with her this morning?" I sighed, shaking my head. "Try everyday, I told you she's been acting strange around me for a few weeks."

He nodded. "Yeah I see..."

"And now she's havin a attitude with everyone and I don't know why?" He slightly frowned. "She is?"

"Yeah....Trey told me she was giving him the cold shoulder at Kerri's baby shower.....I was meaning to talk to her about it, but Im really not trying to stress myself out knowing that Im already high risk at losing this baby."

He nodded, standing up from his seat. "Ima talk to her." I was silent. "I wanna know wassup with this attitude she been givin to everyone, is she comin to the store after school?"

I shook my head. "As far as I know she's not, she doesn't really come in anymore unless I ask her for the help."

He shook his head. "Ight, I'll talk to her when I get back today." I lifted a brow. "Back? Back from where?" He chuckled.

"Im gunna go spend some time at my man cave." I rolled my eyes. "The condo?"

He nodded.

"Alright, just don't spend the whole night there, I can't go to bed without you." He smirked. "I got you baby."

*******

Amara P.O.V.

I walked down the hallway, trying to make it to third period. I turned the corner, trying to make it to the stairs at the end of the hall, when I seen Meeka coming down the opposite side of the hallway.

I slightly smiled, wanting to go talk to her since we haven't said much to one another since my last visit to the clinic.

I switched to the other side of the hallway, trying to make it over to her, but I frowned once I seen her stop by the bathrooms.

She looked down the hallway, as if she was waiting on someone to meet her there.

I stayed behind a group of kids, continuing to watch as I made my way to the stairs. The bell rang, making everybody in the hallway speed walk in opposite directions, trying to make it to class on time.

My smile immediately fell into a full frown, once I seen Cordarius making his way over to her.

He stood by her side at first, as if he wasn't with her, but as more kids disappeared, the closer they both walked over to the boys bathroom.

I lifted a brow, wondering what they were doing, and why they would be doing it, considering the fact that he's supposingly talking to Aliyah now.

I kept slowly walking down the hallway until they both disappeared into the boys bathroom together.

I shook my head, pushing open the double doors that led to the stairway.

I walked up the first flight of stairs and frowned again once I seen Tyson and Olivia, standing face to face.

"Um, wassup?" I asked, waiting for one of them to speak.

Olivia looked me up and down and rolled her eyes, before taking off up the stairs.

Tyson sighed, running a hand down his face. "....What was all that about?" I asked, not even caring that I was about to be late for class.

"Nothing, just some bullshit." He took a seat on the last step, and I followed suit. ".....What did she say to you?"

He shook his head. "More like yell, she got all up in my face,yellin at me about gettin with you."

"And what did you say?" I folded my arms across my chest, hoping he said something to defend me.

"I told her the real, I wasn't gunna tell her at first, but she kept pushin and shovin me, so I had to let her know what really happened."

"And what really happened?" The last bell rang, letting me know we were both officially late for class.

"That we had somethin goin on first, and then I met her, not knowin that y'all's parents were together...and when I got with her, I started to realize how much I actually love you."

I smiled a little, watching him grab my hand. "You said that?"

"Yeah I said it." He started. "I apologized for playin with her feelings and shit, but I also told her she gotta let it go, and stop puttin her damn hands on me like she crazy, and then that's when you came up the stairs."

I was silent for a second.

"Like I said, bullshit." I softly sighed, standing up from the step. "Just chill out with her okay? She's just pissed right now....and she's going through alot at home too."

He sucked his teeth. "Ion care what she's going through, she just can't be pushin me in the chest like that.....that shit hurt." He rubbed his chest, causing me to chuckle.

"Can you kiss it for me?" He asked in a baby voice.

I rolled my eyes, pushing him out the way. "Go to class, and I'll see you later."

"Alright." I tried walking away, but he pulled me back down the steps and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek.

"Go get yo education girl." He slapped my ass, as I walked back up the stairs.

Marcus P.O.V.

I looked up at the clock, wondering where the fuck Meeka was. Not only did we have to really start on this project we were suppose to be doing, but I needed to talk to her about Cordarius and these tapes.

I took a deep breath and shook my head, getting annoyed by the fact she wasn't here. I knew se was here today, because I saw her car parked in the student parking lot.

I leaned back into my seat and opened up my textbook so Ms.L would think I was working.

"Aye Marcus."

I turned around in my seat and lifted both of my brows, giving the same boy from last week my attention.

"Yeah?"

"I know you already said you ain't wanna do it, but those football auditions are coming up in two weeks, I got you a spot if you decide to change your mind."

I slightly chuckled. "Aren't you auditonin?" He nodded. "Yeah, but there's two spots open, one for me, and one for you."

I chuckled again. "How you even know Im that good to make it?"

"I hear things." He started. "But I hope you change your mind and I see you out on the feild.

I sighed. "Ion know....if I don't work that day....I might come out.....just to watch you audition though."

He sucked his teeth. "Ight, fine."

I turned back around in my seat, just in time for Meeka to be stepping inside of the classroom.

Ms.Louis looked up from her laptop, pushing her glasses up on her nose. "LaMeeka, your late."

She nodded, making her way over to her desk. "I know Ms.L....I had a little emergency after class, I had to handle it."

"....An emergency? What kind of emergency?" She sighed. "Not one that I wanna say outloud."

She shook her head. "Well, Im still writing you up, so make sure you serve your detention before the end of the week."

She sighed, dropping her bag on her desk. "Hey..."

I turned around in my seat, grabbing my textbook. "Hey, I thought you was skippin for a second."

She slightly chuckled, pushing her weave behind her shoulders. "Oh no, of course not, I know that we have to talk, but I was actually handiling that situation, that's why I was late."

I frowned a little, noticing her shirt was buttoned up the wrong way. "...Your buttons." I said, motioning to the top she was wearing.She quickly looked down and buttoned up her shirt the correct way.

"Sorry, Cordarius took way to long, and I had to rush to get my shirt back on." I frowned, silent for a second.

".....You was with Cordarius?" She rolled her eyes, nodding. "Yeah, I need to stay on his good side so I can look around his room and basement for those tapes, and in order to do that, I need to do whatever it is to keep him happy."

I frowned. "....And what did you have to do?"

"Give him head." She said, shrugging her shoulders. I swalloed hard, unsure of what to say.

".....But don't he talk to Aliyah?" I asked, finally finding the words to say something.

She smirked. "Yeah, but did you really think he was serious about her? He wants to sleep with her, so he's being the good guy right now, give it some time, that whole nice guy act is gunna go out the window, especially if she doesn't give it up to him soon."

I was silent.

"But anyways." She started. "He invitied me over tonight for lord knows what, so while your out selling, I'll take a look around and see what I kind find."

I nodded. "Alright, thanks." She smiled. "No problem."

Stasia P.O.V.

"What time are you leaving?" I ran my fingers through Rich's hair, as he layed in my lap.

"I don't know, when it gets dark probably....why? You tryna kick me out already?" I slightly chuckled, pushing the covers back.

"No, I just have to get up early tommorow morning for work, I can't keep taking off for you." He sighed.

"How about I just pay you for all the time you missed, and we can chill tommorow like we been doin."

"No thank you, I don't need your money, that's why I have a job." I slightly pushed him to the side and climbed out of the bed.

"But Im offerin." He started. "Who wouldn't take free money??"

"Me." I picked my shirt up off the ground and buttoned it. "Especially when it's coming from your baby daddy, who didn't want to share money when him and his girl was seperating."

He sighed. "Ight, let's not get into that."

"Let's not."

I pulled my messy hair up in a bun, and tossed him his shirt. "You sure you ain't tryna kick me out?" I chuckled again.

"Im not, but just get dressed please, because we still need to talk." He pulled his shirt over his head, and sat up straight.

Once I had his attention, I took a seat on the end of my bed and faced him. "What are we gunna do about Amara? We still haven't decided on anything."

He took a deep breath, running his hand down his face. "Ion know, Im still in shock about this whole thing just like you."

"...I know, but what should we do? I can't even look at her in the face without busting out in tears, or feeling like I should beat her ass for all the shit she's been keeping from me and doing behind my back."

He nodded. "I agreee, why you think I haven't been home like that?? It's hard for me to think of my baby girl havin sex, let alone havin a abortion."

I was silent for a second. "......I thought you weren't home because of what's going on with you and Miranda."

He sighed a little. "Yeah that too....she texted me last night lettin me know that her and Olivia is movin out this Friday."

Both of my brows shot up. "Really?"

"Yeah, so I guess I won't be goin home until Friday or Saturday."

"........And where will you stay in the meantime?" I asked, looking away from him.

"I was plannin on stayin with you....if that was okay with you."

I looked back up at him and frowned a little. "With me?" He nodded. "Yeah, I've been stayin here with you this whole time, so what's the difference??"

I paused before speaking. "We're sleeping together."

"I know." He said with a slight smirk. "I was there when it happened." I rolled my eyes, not amused by him.

"Im serious Rich...I know that your going through alot with Miranda, and now this whole thing with Amara has both of us stressing out.....but sooner or later we have to talk about what's going on."

"With us?" He asked, making sure we were talking about the same thing.

"Yeah with us." He scratched the back of his head, silent.

".....I don't know what's goin on." He said, finally speaking up. "....I haven't thought about what this was." He said, motioning between our bodies.

I slightly cleared my throat, feeling awkward for bringing it up. "But." He started. "I plan on thinking about it."

He got out of the bed and walked over to me.

"And when I do, we can talk, just let me handle all of this bullshit with Miranda first, alright?"

I nodded. "Okay...sure."

He slightly smiled at me before kissing my forehead. "I gotta make some stops before I head back to the house, but I'll call you when Im on my way back."

"Okay." I watched him walk out, leaving me alone.

*******

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Look at you, I see you gettin better." I held onto my chest, slightly coughing from the smoke that had just filled my lungs.

"When does it stop burning?"I asked, finally being able to speak.

"Once you do it a few more times, it'll stop, but your still a rookie at this, so it's gunna take a minute."

I handed him the blunt, and watched as he took a long drag from it. "You make it look so easy."

He smirked. "That's because I'm a pro at this baby." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever."

I layed back on the hood of his car, staring up at the sky.

"Aye, can I ask you something?" I nodded. "Yeah, wassup?"

"We been chillin for a minute now, and we're always going to do the same shit all the time, how about we do somethin new tommorow?"

I nodded. "Like what?"

"Ion know." He started. "Like the movies, or out to eat or somethin like that."

I lifted a brow, looking over at him. "Like a date?"

He leaned back on his elbows, smirking. "I mean, I ain't wanna use that word, but yeah we can go out."

I smiled a little. "...Yeah...I would love to go."

"Ight cool, ima pick you up Saturday at 10."

"Okay."

I bit down on my bottom lip, trying to contain my excitement.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Mrs.Alsina?" I knocked twice on her open door, trying to get her attention. "Yes?" She asked, keeping her eyes on ther laptop.

"Do you have a minute?"

She looked up from her screen and smiled when she saw me. "Sure, come in."

I carefully stepped into her office, taking a seat in one of the chairs across from her desk.

She closed her laptop, and faced me. "What's up? What can I help you with."

"I wanted to talk to you about my hours." She nodded. "Okay, what about them?"

"I know it's short notice, but startin today ima need to get off before 8, maybe like around 6 or somethin."

She frowned a little. "Okay....is there a specific reason why you need your hours changed?"

I nodded, rubbing my chin. "Uh yeah...my moms is workin a double shift, so I need to home to watch my little sister." I lied.

"Oh okay, well in that case, sure I can change your schedule later today."

I took a small sigh of relief and nodded. "Thank you."

"No problem baby."

She smiled at me before opening up her laptop again.

I stood up from my seat and walked out of her office. I didn't wanna lie about why I needed to leave early, but I couldn't tell her the real reason why I needed to leave.

I needed to be at Cordarius' house by 7 to get my product and get out there and sell before mama realizes how long I've been gone.

I was tryna keep everything within the 8 o'clock range, so it'll stll seem like Im at work, and I'll get home at my usual time.

Amara P.O.V.

"Girls, dinner is ready."

I sighed, opening up my room door, once I heard Miranda call Olivia and I for dinner.

I was suprised she was even making something since daddy wasn't here, and they were moving out at the end of this week.

I looked down the hall at Olivia, who was coming out of my old bedroom. She made sure not to make eye contact with me, as we both made our way down the rest of the hallway, and down the stairs to the first floor.

I stepped inside the dining room, and took a seat at the table, while Miranda sat down our plates.

"Hey girls." She said with a slight smile. "Hey."

I could tell she was trying to keep a good face on around Olivia and I because of how pale and puffy her face was.

She was barely wearing makeup these days, so everytime I saw her, she looked washed out and tired.

"How was school?" She asked, sitting a fork next of each plate. "It was okay, it's the same thing everyday pretty much." She let out a weak chuckle.

"And what about you baby?" She asked, looking over at Olivia, who sat four chairs away from me.

"It was good, now that Im learning more about everything, things are getting better." She quickly looked at me, letting me know what she was really referring too.

"That's good you guys."

"....How was your day?" I asked, speaking up.

"It was alright....your cousin finally called me back." I slightly froze in my seat, shocked. "She did?"

"Mhm, we had a woman to woman conversation today."

"And what happened?" Olivia asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"She finally decided to listen to what I had to say, thank god, but she's still not really believing me since there's still no reason as to why my car was in her driveway."

Olivia sighed. "You said you didn't do it, why can't she just let it go? It's causing enough drama around here as is."

Miranda nodded. "I know, but until we get a answer to that question, things are gunna be the same."

"This is so dumb." Olivia said, speaking up. "If you said you didn't do it, then why can't see just believe you??

"Because she still doesn't know how my car was there baby, that's the mystery right now."

"Well we need to solve it." She started. "Did you let anybody borrow your car?? And really think about it this time mama."

"Olivia, I thought about it a thousand times and I-"

The front door closed, causing Miranda to grow silent. "That's probably your father." She said, standing up from the table.

As soon as she picked up her plate to walk away, daddy stepped inside the dining room, with a scowl on his face.

I looked down in my plate, not wanting to look at him, since I knew he was still upset with me.

"Amara, Olivia." He said, taking a seat at the table.

"Hey daddy." I said lowly.

Miranda cleared her throat, about to walk away, when daddy called her back. "Miranda." She took a deep breath and turned around to face him.

"Alicia called me today." He said, leaning back in his seat.

"She told me that the two of you talked." Miranda nodded. "Yes we did, I thought we needed to have a woman to woman conversation."

Daddy smirked. "About what? You finally told her the truth?" He asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"I've been telling the truth this whole time Rich, but obviously you don't believe me, so Im done trying to make you."

"Good." He started. "Because Im over you trying to make me believe you." She cleared her throat, taken back by his response.

"How was school ladies?" Daddy asked, changing the subject.

"It was okay." I said lowly. "It was fine." Olivia said, not looking up from her plate.

"Good to hear." He took a deep breath before standinf up from the table. "Well Im on my way out, so I'll see you later okay babygirl?" I looked up at him, nodding my head. "Okay.....sure."

I was suprised he spoke to me, because he had been giving me the cold shoulder just like mama was.

"Rich wait." Miranda said, speaking up. "Can we talk please?" He deeply sighed, taking a few seconds before nodding his head.

"....For a minute."

Miranda nodded, looking over at us. "Can you give us a minute girls?"

I quickly stood up from the table, wanting to get away from this awkward situation.

I stepped out of the dining room, and Olivia followed behind me. All of a sudden, I could feel my phone vibrtating in my pocket, letting me know someone was calling me.

I carefully pulled my phone out of my pocket and deeply frowned once I seen Mike's name across my screen.

I jogged up the rest of the steps, trying to get away from Olivia. I slipped myself inside of the bathroom, and quickly shut the door behind me, answering my phone. I had no clue why Mike was calling me, I thought our last conversation made it pretty clear that I didn't want anything to do with him.

ME: "What?"

MIKE: "Damn, is that how you answer the phone?"

I locked the door, sitting on the top of the toilet.

ME: "It is when your talking to someone you don't want to be talking too, why are you callin me?"

MIKE: "Well damn, I was callin to see how you was doin, I wanted to know how you was feelin since the abortion."

I scoffed.

ME: "Like you care, if you were so concerned with my well being, you would've been calling sooner, specifically the day you saw me at the clinic."

He sighed.

MIKE: "I was, but you was pissed, so I just decided to fall back for a few days, but are you gunna tell me how you doin? Did you go back and get checked out to see if the procedure worked?"

I sighed.

ME: "Everything's fine with me, stop trying to act concerned so you can clear you conscious, I don't need you to act like you care right now."

MIKE: "I do care."

He started.

MIKE: "Just because I didn't want a baby with you, doesn't mean I don't care about you, I genuinally wanna know if you okay."

I rolled my eyes.

ME: "Just like you geninally cared about Meeka? Yeah she told me you talked her into getting a abortion too."

He was silent for a second.

MIKE: "...She told you that?"

ME: "Yeah, so cut he bullshit, you don't care and I know you don't care Mike, Im fine and I've been fine after the abortion, so you can get off my line with this dumb shit."

Before he could say anything else, I hung up the phone, not wanting to talk to him anymore.

I took a deep breath and shoved my phone in my pocket, before unlocking and opening the bathroom door.

I was just about to step out of the bathroom, when I seen Olivia posted up infront of the door with her arms folded.

"Mike?? Who's mike??" I frowned. "What??"

"Mike. I heard you talking to somebody name Mike, and from your conversation, you obviously were pregnant by him." I was silent.

"But aren't you with Tyson?" She asked, lifting a brow.

I opened my mouth to speak, but she cut me off. "Oh my god." She started.

"Isn't Mike your cousin's boyfriend?? The same cousin who thinks my mom was screwing him??"

I swalloed hard. She looked me up and down, before shaking her head. "....It was you." She said lowly.

"You took my moms car to meet up with your cousin's man." I frowned, shaking my head. "No I didn't, what are you even talking about?" I folded my arms across my chest, trying to make what I was saying believeable.

"Don't lie to me bitch." I was silent, taken back by her attitude with me these days.

"The night I went on a date with Tyson, she told me you took her car to go to your friend Aliyah's house, but as much as you lie, I know that shit wasn't true."

I shook my head. "You have no proof."

She shrugged. "Maybe not right now, but once I go downstairs and tell both of them that it's been you sleepin around with your cousin's man, I may just suggest them checking your phone records since you were just talking too him."

"Olivia I can ex-"

"Don't explain shit to me." She started. "You literally have made my whole life a living hell, and I plan on returning the favor."

She turned around sharply, making her way over to the stairs.

I followed behind her, trying my best to stop her. "Listen, I can explain everything, if you just slow down and listen to me."

She ignored me, as she sped walked down the stairs, trying to make it to Miranda and daddy downstairs.

"Mom!" She yelled, stepping down the last step.

My heart started beating fast, as I followed behind her, to the dining room. "Mom, I have something to tell you."

I grabbed her arm, pulling her back, but she snatched it out of my grasp before walking around the corner.

"What is it Liv?" Miranda asked, wiping the cornerd of her eyes, as if she was crying from whatever her and daddy were down here talking about.

"I found out at that Amara's been sl-"

"I was the one that took your car to Alicia's house." I blurted out before she did. I knew if I was about to get caught, I wasn't gunna give her the satisfaction of snitching on me, when Im grown enough to come clean myself.

Daddy sat up a little in his seat and frowned. "It was you?" I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah....it was me."

Miranda took a sigh of relief and turned to daddy. "Thank god, see Rich, I told you I wasn't cheating on you.....when did I let you borrow my car??

I sighed. "The night that we went to the hair salon....I asked you if I could borrow your car."

She was silent for a second. "...Oh, yes, I remember now." Daddy frowned.

"So if you knew this whole time that you took Miranda's car, why haven't you spoke up?? And why would you be going over Alicia's house when she's out of town....at night???"

I swalloed hard, examining his face. He looked upset, but I knew he was about to be even more upset once I said what I had to say next.

"....Because......I went to see Mike."

Miranda frowned. "I thought you went to your friend's house that night?" Olivia folded her arms across her chest, amused by all of this.

"I lied." I started. ".....I went by Alicia's to see Mike....and I spent the night there."

"Spent the night there??" Daddy asked, raising his voice a little. "And what the fuck were you doing there with him all night?"

I looked down at the ground, before speaking. "....I um....we.....we....we were sleeping together."

I looked up at daddy, since I didn't hear any response from him.

His expression went from mad to a blank stare that I couldn't read. Miranda walked over to him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"....Rich?"

He stood up from his seat and walked over to me. "Go upstairs and pack, and call your mama to come get you." He shook his head and looked me up and down before walking away.

Marcus P.O.V.

I pulled open the backdoor that led to Cordarius basement and stepped inside. This was the last thing I wanted to do right now, but I knew I had to suck it up for the time being until Meeka found those tapes.

"Look who it is." Donovan said, sitting up straight, placing the money he was counting to the side.

"You and Cordarius must've squashed y'all beef if your here with us again." I ignored his comment, looking around the room.

"Where's Cordarius?" I asked, not speaking to anybody else.

"Upstairs." He said, motioning to the door. "He might be in his office." I turned around and shook my head, over the fact that they were calling the extra storage room in his house his "office"

I jogged up the steps, trying to make it over to Cordarius, when I bumped into someone. I stepped back and frowned when I seen that Tyree nigga, stepping down the first step.

I looked him up and down, and shook my head. "Watch were you goin nigga." He mumbled, stepping down the next few steps.

"Nah, you watch were Im goin, and speak up next time lil nigga."

"Excuse me?" He said, stepping up the steps again. "You heard me, Im not gon repeat myself."

I tried walking away, but he stopped me. "Hold up. Don't come up in here tryna act tough, when we all know yo ass is soft, pretty boy."

I chuckled. "Ight, whatever you say, but Im the same pretty boy who snatched your girl."

"Fuck you." He spat.

I smirked, walking off, not even trying to entertain him. I knew better than to go back and forth with him, knowing where it was gunna end up. Especially since I know he's the one that's been recording Chris and Will, I really wanted to go in his shit, but I knew better than that right now.

I jogged up the last few steps and made my way to the storage room everybody called Cordarius' office.

I pushed the door open, not even bothering to knock. I opened my mouth to speak, but I stopped once I seen him sitting down in a chair, with Meeka on his lap.

His hand was on her ass, and by the way they was looking at one another, something was about to go down, or just had went down before I stepped up in here.

I slightly cleared my throat, causing the both of them to look up at me.

"Marcus." He said with a wide smile. "You made it." I folded my arms across my chest, stepping inside the room.

"What you need me to do?" I asked, getting straight to it.

"I told Donovan to get your stuff ready for you, so he should have everything you need to sell for me, and Im pretty sure once you see it, you'll know exactly where I need you to go."

He smiled, causing me to sigh. "Ight....I'll bring the money back when Im done."

"Okay, let me walk you back downstairs." He tapped Meeka's thigh, signaling for her to get up.

Once she did, he fixed his shirt before walking over to me. "Come on, there's some new shit I gotta show you."

"Ight." I said lowly.

I let him step out the room first, before following behind him.

I turned back around and looked at Meeka, who winked at me, letting me know our plan was still on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amara in the Multimedia.

Vote/Comment!!

For those who didn't see it last time, make sure you add book 6 to your library, it's called Interception and I should be starting it as soon as this book is over.

I plan to be finished with AAO in December (or earlier), and Im gunna start Interception in January 2016 so I have time to prewrite the chapters, since I only have 5 of them written now.

Oh, and like I said before Im in school right now, and Im doing my externship, so Im really busy, so bare with me if I don't update every week, alot of people don't even update weekly, so you don't have to send me messages, telling me to update, I try to get my updates out as fast as I can for you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

947K 31K 52
Follow the trials and tribulations of the new generation of troubled teens. Catch The Sideline Series in this adventure through the mean streets of C...
13M 46.1K 15
Book Two: Jerome and Armoni have been married for three years. Aaliyah's grown up, Jr.'s not a baby anymore and their family is growing. Armoni is on...
635K 32.1K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
209K 12.7K 40
Sequel to KARMA. If you haven't already, please read KARMA first. Copyright © 2015 by 1AubreyMarie In Too Deep All rights reserved. This book or any...