I am The Heiress and I Hate It

By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Aleandria Monroe is a pretty simple girl. Living on her own since her parents' death and working on an ice cr... More

I am The Heiress and I Hate It
Chapter 1: Expect the unexpected
Chapter 2: Living in a mansion with a kind flirt and an annoying arrogant player
Chapter 3: They are the school's 'It' boys. No wonder.....
Chapter 4 - A date in the carnival
Chapter 5 - Bringing back what we had before
Chapter 6 - Behind the curtains of cockiness lies sadness
Chapter 7 - Operation HDK: Help Darren Knight
Chapter 8 - I can balance a tray but not books!
Chapter 9 - I am the heiress
Chapter 10 - Stuck in the moment
Chapter 11 - I just discovered something!
Chapter 12 - Are you ignoring me?
Chapter 13 - Little kid in the mansion
Chapter 15 - I don't like you
Chapter 16 - He's an ass, but I like him anyway
Chapter 17 - "Happy holidays!" , more like, "Happy HELLidays"
Chapter 18 - Merry Christmas!
Chapter 19 - Darren, Me and the unexpected kidnapper
Chapter 20 - Is this goodbye?
One - shot contest!
Chapter 21 - Can't lose him
Chapter 22 - Promise
Chapter 23 - Boyfriend
Chapter 24 - British Twins
Chapter 25 - Trust Issues
Chapter 26 - The Wrong Turn
Chapter 27 - The Wilderness
Chapter 28 - Perfect Two
Epilogue
An Author's Note
Sequel
Dangerous
I need your Favor!
Bonus Content: Are you sure?
Bonus Content Part Two: Our Happily Ever After

Chapter 14 - Friends

3.7K 88 4
By ActuallyitsAnonymous

 Chapter 14

"So his brother will stay in your house for a week?" Lizzie asked.

I told them all the things that had occurred yesterday. When I called Lizzie last night, she ask me to tell her the whole story the next morning. So that's what I'm doing right now. Telling her everything.

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'.

"So, speaking of Darren. Aren't you gonna come on the party?" Tarah asked.

"I don't think so. I have a date with my 'Temporary boyfriend'. " I air quoted the words Temporary boyfriend. If you would ask me, I'd rather go to the party than that date.

"Too bad. I bet the party would be fun! And besides, it's also his birthday party..." Tarah mumbled.

My eyes widened in shock. Wait- what?!? "It's his birthday?!"

"Yeah. Didn't he tell you?"

"No." That's why he is so eager for me to come. Now what? Will I come to the party or the date. I feel so guilty.

"Hey," Glacier's voice boomed.

Lizzie stared at him then blushed. What a sweet couple.

"Are you girls going to my party?" Darren asked out of nowhere.

"I am." Lizzie said.

"Me too." Tarah barked.

His eyes landed on me. "How about you Dre?"

"I'm," I don't know why, but I have this strange feeling that Darren won't talk to me after this. "Not."

His smile turned into a frown. "Why not?"

"I have something more important to do." I answered. I really feel guilty now.

"More important than my party?"

"Yeah." I have to look down at the floor. I don't wanna see those sad eyes.

"Well too bad. But in case you change your mind, it's a costume party." Then he left.

If you just know, I really wanted to go to your party. But I have to meet my temporary boyfriend.

All day long, Everyone keeps on talking about the party. It seems like most of the students will come. Except me. And the more everyone talks about it, the more I wanted to go to the party so badly. I wish I can reschedule my date. But Grandma said, Andrew is a very busy person. Because he only doesn't study. But he is also running their company. One thing my grandmother admired about him. 

~

"I have everything set up for you for this Friday. You'll meet up in one of our restaurants. The driver will drive you there. It's eight o' clock in the evening." My grandmother said.

Every pair of eyes in the dining room are on me.

"Where are you going?" Glacier asked.

"Is that the reason why you're not going to the party?" Darren asked.

"Hey Darren can I go to your party?" Danny asked his brother.

My eyes didn't leave my food. Nor did my hands wanted to touch it. I couldn't answer them. Do you know that feeling? The feeling that you're too shy to answer? My mouth doesn't want to open. I don't know what to say.

"She has a dinner date with her boyfriend. " Granny answered.

Both boys turned to me. "Boyfriend?!?" they asked.

"Since when did you have a boyfriend?" Darren asked. He looks like he was about to explode. 

I didn't answer his question. I heard his chair move. I dropped my fork and stood up. I followed him. He's heading towards the balcony upstairs. He leaned against the railing. 

"Look Darren if you are mad at me for not going to the Halloween party or you birthday, I'm sorry. I really wanted to go. But I don't have a choice. I have to attend that date." I explained.

It hurts me to see him like this. I like him. And I swear I wanted to go to his party. And besides, even if I won't be there I'm pretty sure he will be happy. His girlfriend is there... And that's a big stab in my heart.  I won't be the one with him. Not ever. I don't see any apparent reason why he is so sad. 

"Whatever." he mumbled. He left me there afterwards.

Later that night, I am sitting on my bed holding my phone. Will I text him and say sorry? I don't really know. My head snapped up from my phone once I heard a knock on my door. I don't want to raise my hope but I wish that person is Darren.  I hopped out of bed and opened it. My eyes landed on nothing. Then my head went down. Mini Darren is standing there wearing a pair of mickey mouse pyjamas.

"Hello?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he went inside my room and sat on the carpeted floor. I followed his gesture. For a ten year old boy, he is pretty matured. 

"So what can I do for you?" I asked out of curiosity.

His eyes roam around the room then landed on me. "Are you my brother's girlfriend?"

I was startled by his question. Why would he ask this kind of question? "N-no. " I stammered.

He looked directly into my eyes. "So you are not his girlfriend or anything?"

I swallowed a lump of saliva on my throat. "No."

"Well then, you know that I am his baby brother. And I know my brother very well. I know everything about him. I know the reason why he's staying here. He doesn't know that I was actually listening to their conversation on the day our parents sent him here." He paused for a minute then continued. "But as I can see, my brother really likes you. Even if I know that he is still with that ugly real life Regina George."

Is he referring to Elisa Meyer? Darren's girlfriend. And did he watch Mean Girls?

"Just to let you know, you can't lie to me. I can see it in your eyes that you like my brother. And he also likes you but he is just hiding it. And if you'd ask me, I prefer a geek like you to be my sister - in - law than that girl."

Sister - in - law? Yes I like Darren and all. But I haven't even thought of marrying him. And besides, how is he sure that his brother also likes me? It's impossible. A guy like Darren won't even like a girl like me. His types are those skinny bitches over there.

"You know what? For your age, you sure act as if you are eighteen." I said. "Are you even sure of what you're saying?"

He smirked. Not the Darren smirk. But his own Danny smirk. "C'mon Dre. Yes I'm eight years younger. But you can't hide anything from me. I am smarter than you think I am."

"What are you? An eighteen year old boy trapped inside a ten year old's body?" I mocked.

"Maybe."

Danny is not that bad. Though he really looks like his brother and acts like him, he has some traits that are only from him. I can sense that this boy and I will be really good friends.

"So what? Tell me you like my brother. You can trust me." he crossed his arms and raised his left eyebrow.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone." I said.

"I promise." then he crossed his heart.

"Well... I sorta like him." I admitted. I look down and blushed. 

"I knew it!" he exclaimed.

I placed a finger in front of my mouth. "Shhhhhhhhh... Someone might hear you. " I hushed.

"Oops. Right. Sorry." Then he gave me that goofy smile.

Then suddenly, I got interested on him. "How about you? Is there any girl you fancy in school?"

He blushed. He is very cute whenever he is blushing. "No."

"Oh c'mon! I know there is. You are very near on going through puberty. I'm pretty sure you already have a crush." I nudged him.

He looked down and blushed deeply. "Well actually.... there is. She's somewhat a friend of mine."

I smiled. "See. It's not that bad to tell the truth."

His head snapped up. "Don't tell anyone Dre. It's only between us."

"Sure, sure. Can you please stop calling me Dre. Only your brother calls me that name."

"Fine. Lea then. I don't want to get my brother's nickname for you. It seems like it's very special." he teased.

I rolled my eyes. "So what's her name?" I asked.

"Who?"

"You know who." I retorted.

"Mary-Kate. It's Mary-Kate Lambert." He answered.

"Nice name." I complimented.

"Yeah, yeah." he moodily said.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"So what? Are we considered friends now? I mean, since we are telling each other some very confidential things." I said. 

"Do I have a choice?" he asked.

"No." I said. Then we both giggled.

It is so cool to have a kid as a friend. It is simply fun. It's less drama.

And that's what we are now. Friends. Danielle Knight is my friend.

______________________________________________________________

Okay guys. Did you enjoy it? It's kinda funny. And I have this idea to do a book about Danny when he turned eighteen. You know. About him and Mary-Kate. It might be fun. Just to let you know, there will be no sequel. And this book will be finished on chapter 30 or so. Maybe 35. But i'm not planning for this book to reach chapter 40 plus. And the next chapter will be the party! And you'll be meeting Andrew. I want you to guess. Will she go to the party or the date? Omg! so excited. Maybe I'll write the next chapter shortly. I owe you a lot of updates. Oh and, sorry for the wrong grammars and spellings. People commit mistakes.

Remember to Vote (I really need votes.) Read (Please. ) Comment (I wanna know what do you guys think.) Share (Life is all about sharing) and Follow (I wanna meet some new friends)

xoxo Thefallenangel142

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 26 11
Beautiful Anna Prescott got her heart broken by her boyfriend of 5 years who decided he didn't love her anymore and was going to marry his childhood...
207 20 21
❝You should be scared,❞ he snapped, turning to me sharply. ❝You were fun to play with last night. You think I won't play with you again?❞ Sofía Amora...
136K 8.6K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
57.2K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...