The Duke's choice

By Lissa34

Grayson is next in line for the title of Duke of Kingston. He was twenty six and didn't want to settle down a... More

The Duke's choice
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

32.2K 1K 60
By Lissa34

Grayson left the townhouse in a stunned daze, he wasn't sure what had happened. He looked at the street address to make sure he had the right place. He was at the residence that Lucy lived at, he could still feel her lips on his. She was definitely something else, how did she know how to kiss a man like that? He needed to rethink about this plan of his, Lucy was definitely someone he could spend forever with.

Grayson needed to make a visit to Sarah's residence. He needed to make sure that she didn't repeat last night's performance. Lucy was affecting him in ways no one ever had, she blew his mind. Especially with the stunt she just pulled. He was still aroused from her body being so close. He definitely needed  to jump in that cold river.

He sat in his carriage remembering just how she felt in his arms. She made it known that if he wanted her,then he couldn't see Sarah. What if it didn't work out with Lucy? What would he do then? He needed to think about this for a while, he knew that Lucy meant what she said. She was a great kisser, he could only imagine what she would be like in bed. Was he going to keep seeing Sarah, or was he going to watch Lucy with another man?

He didn't like the thought of another man touching Lucy, he didn't want to watch another man whisk her away. He had so many decisions to make, but first he needed to stop by and have a chat with Sarah. He wasn't going to take any chances of Lucy finding out what he was doing. He grinned," Maybe I can still get away with seeing both women." He was going to try, he just hoped that Lucy didn't find out. He knew she was not your timid debutant, but was she what he wanted?

Lucy's body was still reacting to what had just happened, she was hot like she had sat to close to the fire. Her lips still tingled from kissing Grayson, she wanted to do more. She would save that for another time, now she needed to make sure to start with the next part of her plan. She had found some kids that were street urchins. She was going to pay them a gold coin for information that they brought her about Grayson. He had no clue that she had spies watching his every move.

She didn't want to resort to that, but she knew that he wasn't going to stay away from Sarah. Lucy knew that he was going to try to keep both women. He apparently didn't think she was that smart, well she paid attention to her studies. She had a mind of her own, so all she needed to do was wait for any information. She ran up the stairs to her room to decide on the dress she was to wear tonight. They were invited to a ball at Almack's. Lucy noticed that he hadn't asked to escort her, either he wasn't going or he already had someone in mind.

If this was true then he would learn, Lucy was going to make sure he noticed she never went back on her word. She picked out the low decolletage pink muslin dress, it was her best dress she owned. It wasn' t as revealing as the one she had on now, but it was close enough. She wouldn't even be causing a scandal with it, some of the other girls had worse dresses. She smiled, " if that's how you want to play your Grace, then let's play." She was going to be having so much fun, there was plenty of gentlemen that wanted to claim her.

Joyce knew that Lucy was out to make Grayson pay for how he had treated her. She didn' t blame her granddaughter not one bit. She was actually proud of her, she is making a stand. If he wants to play games, then she was happy to turn the tables around on him. Joyce about fell out of her chair when Lucy had told her. She wasn't sure if she should be shocked or proud, or both.  Lucy was going to either get her man or loose him all together.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Lucy laid down on her bed to attempt to take a nap. She wasn't getting no where. She was still reeling from her stunt earlier. Her body was smoldering with something she couldn't describe. She needed to get herself together, she had to be on top of her game. Grayson was going to be there. She didn't want him knowing about how she was affected by that kiss.    She needed to relax before she came face to face with him. She just didn't want him to know how he affected her,

Grayson knew that he was playing with fire. He had promised to escort Sarah to the ball this evening. He just couldn't get out of it this soon. He would just have to deal with it. Maybe he could make sure that not one gentleman danced with Lucy. He wanted her all to himself, he didn't want to risk her being snatched up. Not any lady he had ever met, could kiss like that. He didn't want another finding out exactly what Lucy had to offer. He was hoping that Lucy hadn't gotten an invitation. That would solve everything, then he could keep pro suing Sarah too.

Sarah had no clue that he was seeing Lucy. He wanted to keep it that way. The less she knew the better, he couldn't have two girls fighting over him. He grinned to himself," I just want to corner Lucy, and taste her lips again." He couldn't contain the smile that spread across his face. She was something else, and for her little stunt she pulled this morning. He was going to make sure she never forgot it either. He wanted to sample her red lips again, it was just a matter of time.

Her idle threats of making sure that other gentlemen knew of what she had to offer was that. An idle threat, she wouldn't go around kissing strangers. She would be labeled as scandalous, and be rejected by society. He knew just how cruel society could be. His own sister had fell prey to it, she had never again showed her face in town again. He didn't want that to happen to Lucy, she wouldn't ever marry then. He would have to marry Sarah then. He couldn't understand why some women were a danger to themselves.

He needed to make sure that he played it safe tonight. He wanted Lucy in more ways then one. At least he had self control. Others might not, and she would end up in a dangerous situation. He was stuck in the middle of a mess of his own making. This could end well or it could be disastrous. He walked up to his master suite and prepared for the evening. He was going to need a stiff drink before the evening begin. One afterwards and countless ones during.

Lucy was going to be the death of him. She was definitely a force to be reckoned with. He could only hope that Sarah was somewhat a little more docile. He couldn't handle two women that had the same temperament. This evening was going to be definitely interesting. He wanted to get this evening over with. Hopefully it wouldn't be to big of a mess. He really did hope that Lucy understood his position.

Grayson stopped his train of thought. He hoped that Lucy understood his position? Who was the man? he was definitely, so why did it matter what Lucy thought? They weren't married, or betrothed. So what gave her the right to have a say in what he does? He couldn't believe what his mind came up with next. Lucy pulled the wool over his eyes with a kiss. She was definitely smart, he had to give that to her.  He needed to teach her a lesson, one that she needed to learn.

He was after all a gentleman, but he was a Duke's son and heir. He was the one who commanded attention, not some girl who thought she could. He was going to beat her at her own game. Starting tonight he was going to show her who was boss. She needed to be reminded her place, kiss or no kiss. She was a mere girl who had no clue in what a man liked. This evening was going to be something of a lesson. If Lucy thought he was going to listen to her demands, she had another thing coming. He was going to show her just how good of a listener he was.

Lucy sat before the dressing table letting her maid dress her hair. There was a knock at the door, one of the footmen handed her maid a note. Daisy handed the note to Lucy, it had to be important. As Lucy skimmed the contents, she read what her little spy scribbled. As the urchin followed Grayson, it seems that he was at a Monson residence twice in one day. Lucy gave the footman a goid piece to give to the child. She set the note aside, he was escorting Sarah to the ball tonight. How lovely, now she knew that he had no intention of breaking things off with her.

So now she moved on to the next phase of the plan. Make him Jealous of all the gentlemen who danced with her. If that didn't work then she was at a loss. She would have to regroup and figure out her next move. Grayson was doubting her ability to keep her word. She would follow through on her threat. Look out London! Cause here comes Lucy Deverux, lady who waits for no man. This should be an evening to remember. Well at least she knew who would like to forget what they were about to witness. Grayson was going to learn she didn't back down.

Lucy made sure that her dress was sensational. As she lowered her bust line a little lower, she knew that it would give her the necessary attention. She was going to dance the night away and enjoy making one man jealous. She knew that Grayson would get jealous, it was a matter of how long it would take. If she was the betting type, it wouldn't be right away. Nope, it would take a little bit to realize that Lucy was having fun with other men. She giggled in anticipation of what the night was to bring. This was going to be a night she won't forget.                                                       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 162K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
302K 13.2K 33
When Victoria Elven sees her family's bakery shop lose business she is devastated to learn they cannot afford to pay for her mothers chemo therapy. T...
427K 25.6K 26
It was the time of Prince Regent's rule on England when in the relatively small village of Bedfordshire, an impoverished companion-the daughter of an...
837K 20.5K 25
Imogen O'Boyle is the daughter of a poor, Irish shoemaker. Upon her father's death, she learns that he had made a deal with the current Duke of Suffo...