Chapter 20

Marybeth looked at her son, she noticed that he had paled for a moment. Did he get hurt? She was about to ask, when she noticed that he had a smile on his face. She knew that look, he just realized that he was in love with Lucy. She had the knowing look on her face as she face Joyce. She winked at Joyce, and Joyce noticed the same look on Lucy's face. Both kids were in love, and neither one would admit it.

Marybeth knew that this was far from over, she was not happy at the fact of the two girls fighting like men. She was about to reprimand Lucy, but when her daughter told the story of what had happened. She decided not to, she was looking out for her daughter. She was also sure that Sarah had egged it on, she wished she could have gotten in a blow. Sarah raked on her nerves since she first opened her mouth.

Lucy's nose was definitely broke, her eyes were red and swollen. She was going to need the doctor, especially if she was to have no lasting effects. She was happy that Lucy had put Sarah into her place. Someone needed to, she had directed that Sarah was to be taken into the housekeeper's kitchen. She didn't want Lucy to finish Sarah off, and it was better if they weren't in the same room.

Grayson stood next to Joyce examining Lucy's wounds, he knew that she was still beautiful in his eyes. He thought this was something that they would be able to talk about in the future. He had to get to her, and make her believe that he loved her. He needed to get ideas, she was one of a kind. Not anything would do, she deserved more than he could ever give to her.

Lucy glared at Grayson through swollen eyes," shouldn't you be checking on Sarah? I think it's kind of rude to be here with me. Your fiancé would want you by her side, I am fine if that is all you need to know." Lucy didn't want him to leave, but she wanted him to leave. She was heart broken, and she didn't want him to see her like this.

Grayson stared at her, he actually was hurt. He looked at his mother, and she nodded to him. So he walked out of the room, Ashley followed behind him," Wait! She doesn't know that you picked her. She thinks that you picked Sarah, she does love you." She needed him to know how Lucy felt, " she is just hurt right now, besides I will help you win her over."

Grayson stopped in his tracks," she loves me?" He stared at his sister, he knew that this was how he was to win over Lucy. He would have his sister help him, she would help him. " I need your help Ashley, I have been a dunce. How can I get Lucy to say yes to forever with me?" He frowned at the thought of Lucy denying him.

Ashley giggled, " she is just hurt right now. Once Sarah is gone from this property, you can start to convince her. Till then it won't work, so if I was you brother I would make sure that she was gone first thing tomorrow." Ashley knew that he was going to need her help, whether he liked it or not. Grayson was going to be working hard for Lucy's hand.