The John Watson Fall

By Disneys_Darling

What if Sherlock didn't fall? What if it was...John? A short, alternative ending to The Reichenbach Fall. More

The Master Plan
A Cab Ride and a Story
On the Rooftops of London
Epilogue

The Final Conversation

957 54 13
By Disneys_Darling

"Sherlock."

"John? Where are you?"

"I'm here, Sherlock. I've been here for a while."

"Well, then, where-"

"Outside, Sherlock. You'll see me."

Minutes later, John saw Sherlock standing below, searching the crowd. "Up, Sherlock. Look up."

Sherlock's gaze instantly found his friend. "John, what the-"

"Sherlock, listen to me. It's time for me to go."

"What do mean, John?"

"I mean that you no longer need my help."

"Well, of course I still need your help; why would you thing of leaving?"

John struggled to keep his voice steady. "I've completed my soldier's duty. I'm being release."

"Released? Released from what?"

A deep shuddering breath. "Goodbye, Sherlock."

John saluted, then jumped off the roof.

The last thing John heard was Sherlock screaming his name, almost like a sob.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
394K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
891K 36K 139
Y/N is a forensic scientist with a curious past that has caused her to develop photographic memory as well as damage to her connection to emotions. W...
123K 5.6K 106
Elizabeth Parrish is a thief but not just any thief - She is Moriarty's personal thief. She made a deal with a devil and she enjoyed it: the thrill...