Plus, Love #WattyAward2016

Af SuperNerdAway

Melanie Lynch. A simple girl full of fire. No one has had the thought to notice her flames though. Daniel Gr... Mere

Extended Description
"We're Going To Prom!"
Guess What He Did.
'Love Mom"
Lace
Let's Go Shopping
Shopping
See you in a few
Breakfast or death by house fire?
Getting Ready
(A/N)
Prom Part 1
Prom Part 2
Sociopath
Post-Prom Blues
Honesty is the Best Policy
Hips For Days
21 Days
And a Deal Was Made
Is It Too Late To Say Sorry
Netflix and Chill
Goodbye Forever, Finally
To Hell
Bonus Chapter
Okay
Buttercup
Late Start
I Second That
Damn You Mother Nature
Doctors, ice cream, and kisses?
Welcome To The Family
Messages
911
The Biggest Ball Of Mozzarella
Prep
Party Like You're Alone Together
Explicit Content
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Sweater

14.4K 553 49
Af SuperNerdAway

Sweater

Chapter 5

Finally out of the shower with my towel wrapped with my hair and my robe around my body. I was in my room, shuffling through my iPod trying to find something to listen too. Finally settling on Earned It but The Weekend I was pleased enough to go digging through my drawer for underwear and a strap sports bra. I hung up my robe on the back of my door and slid on my under garments. I found a black tank top in another drawer and slipped it on as well. I bent over and undid my hair trying to dry it some. I flipped it back up once it was in loose, damp ringlets and walked over to my deck chair grabbing the sweater I normally wore around the house and slipped my arms in. It was loose and open but warmed me up. I fluffed my hair with my towel again before tossing it on the bed and grabbing my brush. I heard someone bounding up the stairs so I went to my dresser again and grabbing a short, pink pair of shorts then went back to brushing my hair. My back was to the door and I heard it open and close.

"Hey Ethen now was your day at school?" I asked turning around. My hand gripped the hair brush tight making my knuckles pop at the sudden movement.

"Why the hell are you here Danny?" I asked setting down the hair brush quickly and tightening the sweater around my chest. You honestly couldn't see my shorts with the sweater covering my front. He paused and scanned me up and down.

"I'm not a piece of freaking meat, what do you want?" I asked, the agitation in my voice finally gaining his attention. His eyes reached mine.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot about you not having last bell and then in rained, I'm so sorry Melanie." I was about to respond but I sneezed. I groaned but responded anyway.

"You didn't seem to forget yesterday." I said shivering a little. Damn it, it was probably getting sick. I walked over to my closet and slipped off my sweater quickly and slipped on a larger, warmer hoodie. It fell long past my shorts about to mid thigh. Feeling warmer I turned my attention back to Danny.

"Look, it never happened okay? My head hurts. I just wanna lay down." I said waving him off and heading for my bed. I got under the covers and looked over to Danny.

"I'm sorry." He said again, much quieter this time. I slightly nodded and patted the other side of the bed. He reluctantly came over and sat, I furrowed my eyebrows tiredly.

"Lay." I mumbled. He sighed but obligated. We were face to face, me almost asleep.

"I forgave you, don't look so miserable." He chuckled at my jumbled words but I guess he understood what I said.

"You're sick though." I smiled a bit.

"Barely, I swear I'll live so I can be your 'awesome' eye candy." I said chuckling to myself. I cracked open an eye to see him still staring at me, this time with a bit of a grim look.

"You'll look amazing. Especially next to me." He said grinning like an idiot. I grinned, back to cocky Danny.

After an hour power nap, I woke to see no Danny. Although his jacket was still on my bed. More or less with me curled around it. I blushed and pushed it away even though no one was around to see. I untangled myself from the sheets and stood, quickly I removed my sweatshirt felling too hot. Once my sweatshirt was on the bed I bed I began stretching.

Like the biggest, most unreasonable stretch I could muster up, and then some. I finally lost my balance and fell onto the bed. I was warm, and comfy, and shut my eyes sighing contently.

"Hm. Glad to see you feeling better." I jumped up to see Danny leaning against the doorframe. My arms immediately went to my stomach and I walked over to my desk chair and slipped on my light sweater. I tugged it closer around myself and turned to see Danny about a foot away from me.

"Your dad and Ethen ran to the store to go shopping. They asked me to look after you since I mentioned you not feeling well." I nodded but he got closer.

"You know, I've never seen you in shorts." His breathe was gentle against my neck as he reached down and skimmed the bottom of my shorts. I felt goosebumps on my skin but pushed him away and the butterflies.

"Yeah, so?" I said stepping back, keeping finger on his chest as I stepped away. His eyes fell down to my legs and I couldn't help but wonder if he saw the extra fat there that I did. Everything that I see, he sees. Which makes me wonder as to why he's even looking.

"It's defiantly a nice change. A very, very nice change." I rolled my eyes at his boyish ways and walked towards the door, only to be stopped by Danny. Pushing me up against the wall. His elbows rested on either side of my head so he was close and I was trapped.

"And your ass." He grumbled against my neck. My breathing hitched a bit and my hands went to his hips trying to gain a bit more distance to no avail.

"Looks absolutely phenomenal." I managed to turn my gasp in to a chuckle as he kissed behind my ear.

"Funny, I was unaware you knew how to use a big word." I said finally managing to push him away. I just smirked and walked out. I quickly turned around and looked at him.

"I know it does." I threw a wink then walked out. Two can play at this game. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and took a big gulp. I belched loudly and giggled to myself a bit then turned around. Danny raised his hands and began a slow clap.

"Defiantly a solid six." He said and I threw my head back laughing.

"Whatever. Totally an eight." He sighed.

"Fine but only because it was water." He said coming over and grabbing a bottle from the fridge. We used to have belching contests as kids. It's always been a weird specialty we both shared. Gladly, no one else knew about out past as friends. I think. He chugged half the bottle then lowered it. He made a weird face.

"You okay there?" I asked not being able to control my giggles. He was about to respond when he, happily, belched in my face.

"That. Was. Gross." I said making a face. He laughed and I smiled.

"That was a weak seven. Even for water." I said laughing.

"Whatever you're just jealous." He said before taking another sip.

"Oh well now that I recall it. You have always been a sore loser." I said. He choked on his water and I leaned back on the counter laughing my ass off. I gained the slightest bit of composure to look at him, only to start my giggling fit all over again. He stalked over to me and pinned me between him and the counter. I was having an extremely hard time containing myself and kinda leaned on to his chest a bit. I finally calmed myself down after a couple of minutes and looked up to him. I was finally realizing how close he really was. His ace a few inches away. His hands skimming my hips as I wiggled back and forth while he rested against the counter. His warm breath brushing my face if I focused hard enough.

"How have you been Melanie?" He whispered. I leaned back a little so I could see his face better. His dark green eyes poured into mine.

"Not-t that fine. Y-you?" I asked between shaky breaths. He just smirked a little.

"Do I make you nervous?" He moved a little closer. Our noses were almost touching.

"Absolutely not." I finally whispered back swallowing my stutter. I stood straight and turned away, my cheek grazing his. I let out a breath and filled my lungs trying to breath out the anxiety, as if that's what was clogging my chest. I put on a smile and turned around.

"Hungry?" I asked trying to clear the weird tension.

"Uh, yeah sure." He said back clearing his throat and leaning up against the counter. I nodded and roamed through the cabinets.

"Okay, so it seems to me we a have a lot of nothing. So are you ready to have the most awesome thing ever?" I asked turning to him raising an eyebrow.

"You said you guys don't have anything." I chuckled and turned back to the cabinet and grabbed Nutella, crunchy peanut butter, and a large pack of tortillas. I set them on the counter and grabbed a butter knife and two bananas. I pulled out two tortillas and opened both jars. First I spread the peanut butter on both, same with the Nutella. I peeled both bananas and put one on each not cut up. I wrapped them both up then put them on a plate.

"Voila." I said as I set the plate between the two of us on the table. He lowered his chin on to the table and inspected it. I picked on up and took a bite.

"It works with apples too." I said and sat back enjoying my snack. I set mine down as he picked his up and grabbed my water taking a sip. I watched as he took a small bite. He nodded a bit then sat back.

"Right?" I asked picking mine up again and taking a bite.

"Point taken." He said taking a bite as well. We finished eating and went back upstairs. Currently we were sitting on my bed just chatting lightly.

"Lets play a game." He said randomly.

"Like what you typical white male?" I said thinking about how much of a fuck-boy he could be. He just shot me a look but continued.

"Truth or dare?" I rolled my eyes but agreed anyway. Who doesn't love truth or dare?

"Okay. Truth or dare my dear Mel?" He asked. I rolled my eyes yet again.

"I'll have you know that your eyes will get stuck if you keep doing that." I rolled my eyes to prove some stupid point but answered anyway.

"Oh hush. Truth." I said running a hand through my hair.

"Did you ever get yourself one of those boyfriends?" He asked making me laugh.

"Actually yes, and it was terrible. I regret ever kissing the guy. Twas a cheap first kiss. Truth or dare?" I asked eyeing him.

"Dare." He stated bravely. I crossed my arms and ran my left hand through my invisible beard trying to look like I was really thinking this through.

"I dare you to try and juggle." I said getting up and grabbing three markers. I sat back down and handed them to Danny. He tried tossing them once with no luck. He tried again and I swear he turned part clown.

"How the hell are you doing that?" I asked a bit stunned.

"I really don't know to be honest." He let out a throaty chuckle and let the items fall.

"Truth or dare?" He asked slyly. I sat back against the wall and looked over to him.

"Dare." I said practically tasting my regret.

"I dare you too take off your sweater." He smirked like he thought he was some genius for thinking of this. I raised an eyebrow and gave him a look but slipped it off anyway. I placed it in my lap and looked over to him as I got comfortable again.

"Happy?" I asked. He just chuckled.

"Why are you so unhappy with yourself?" He asked.

"I never said I was." He just shook his head.

"You don't have to. You always wear baggy clothes. This is the least amount of clothing I have seen you in, in over seven years." This time I shook my head at him and wrapped my arms around my knees.

"Well when people tell you how awful you look everyday you can begin to wonder if what everyone else is seeing is true." I said lowly into my legs.

"Oh please. You can't really believe what those assholes are saying can you?" I just shook my head and stretched a bit.

"Just forget it. It's whatever." I said standing and slipping on my sweater. He jumped up and stood in front of me before I could walk away.

"Look, you are probably one of the most beautiful girls who show up to that damned building everyday. No matter what anyone thinks, or what anyone says. You are so damn, gorgeous and you have no idea." He was whispering towards the end as I had backed up to the bed, the comforter tickling the backs of my thighs. His hands reached to my shoulders and shrugged off the sweater. It fell on to the bed and Danny come even closer making me stumble into a sitting position and my arms flew to Danny's shirt. I had two fists full of Danny's t-shirt so he was a measly inch from my face.

"Don't let what ever they think ruin what you think because you are damn near perfect."

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, hello you absolutely beautiful humans. How's life? Good? Good.You're doing great.  Bad? It'll get better and you are lovely. Sorry if it's a bit short I think I might be coming down with something and I really haven't been feeling it here lately. Alas I am trying. Thanks so much for reading and please vote and comment! 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

46.9K 7.1K 35
[WATTYS 2021 SHORTLIST] With only one month left to live, an eighteen-year-old is forced to attend high school and enjoy new experiences: parties, fu...
4.7K 95 34
[18+] Book 1: Jane has been one of the 'large' girls her entire life. In high school, her confidence was shot. She never had a boyfriend and any guy...
106K 3.3K 10
"I try to control my anger, I really do." He looked so broken, I couldn't do anything but stroke his cheek as a tear fell down his face. I kissed his...
85.6K 3.5K 21
"You think you have such a smart mouth, don't you?" She said, so sweetly. So quietly. So deviously. I crossed my arms, the muscles in my arms jumped...