When enough is enough (#JustW...

由 TeammB_23

Isa Rodriguez found her soulmate early in life. She always thought 'the white picket fence and house in the s... 更多

Character Info
Prologue
Back to Square One
Chapter 3
Family...Maybe...
Chapter 5
A Fresh Wound
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Untitled Part 11

Chapter 4

33 6 1
由 TeammB_23

The Next Day

Isa

Yesterday after Gabs practically begged me to spend the night at her place, I gave in, and I'm glad I did.

Because last night I slept more peacefully then I could ever remember. Sleep was always a foreign term to me. Between Carson's basketball schedule and everything else, there was no time for sleep.

"Good morning" I whispered to myself, feeling refreshed, with a slight smile plastered on my face.

I know that I'm not going to bounce back and recover, from what I'm going through at the moment, right away. But sitting around, crying, and moping isn't going to solve anything. It's time to deal with this the only way I know how...One Day at a time.

Maybe, over time, My life will be full of pure happiness again. But for now, being content is enough for me.

Climbing out of bed I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Afterwards, I started the shower and hopped in.

Today I was going to visit my parents.

I haven't spoken to them Years...

I'm so ashamed of my actions , but more than anything I'm embarrassed. I shouldn't have given my spouse that much power over me...or anything else for that matter.

But hopefully when I do go to see my parents, I hope that they can forgive me.

After I finished washing up, I threw on some clothes. I decided to dress in a simple pair of ripped jeans, a grey blouse, and white blazer.

This wasn't a dressy occasion, nor did I have anyone to impress, so simple it was. I decided to go light on the make up, because today was a lazy day, and ended up adding a little volume by adding some curls to my hair.

I looked myself over in the floor length mirror observing my outfit. "Hmm" I shrugged satisfied. Now that I was dressed, I could finally eat.

As I went down the stairs, approaching Gabs kitchen, I heard another voice.

"But baaaaabbbbbeeee!" A husky voice pleaded.

"No Rich! I have to save some!" She laughed

"Just one more piece-" the husky voice pleaded again

"No Rich!" She said cutting him off, laughing even harder than the first time.

"How bout I give you some of this-"

"Uhh hmmm" I said clearing my throat.

I wasn't trying to be a cock block, but today I was in hurry.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything" I said walking into the kitchen sheepishly.

"Actually-" the man I identified as Richard started.

"No..." Gabs said after hitting Richard in the chest. "You weren't interrupting a thing"

"It's okay really" I said shrugging it off. "I was just coming down to get something to eat and let you know I was leaving...but I can always pick something up"

"No please Isa- Richard-" she said sternly between gritted teeth.

"Fine...damn" he grumbled. "Listen Isa on a real note it's all good"

"Oookkkayy..." I said dragging it out awkwardly.

"So" Richard started clearing his throat.

"What's up?" I asked giving him my attention after grabbing some food.

"I hope seeing me and Gabs together-and stuff like like that isn't making you uncomfortable"

"Oh..." I said kissing my teeth and shaking my head. "No not at all. You guys..." I started. "I don't know" I said sighing "it really isn't going to be a problem. Your relationship is the definition of beautiful and I'd hate to put a strain on it"

"I'm just trying to take into cons-"

"Really it's fine" I said growing more frustrated with the conversation. "Listen I'm actually on my way out. So Gabs, I'd like to thank you for your hospitality, and of course this breakfast. And Rich" I said rolling my eyes. "Keep it 100!" I laughed before hugging them both.

I introduced Rich and Gabs almost two years ago. Rich being a teammate of Carson's, and a little brother to me, I thought they were perfect together. And of course they are...

"Ard lil' sis" He said hugging me back. " Take care of yourself now"

"Always" I said half smiling before grabbing my bags and leaving out.

****

The drive to my parents house wasn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be. Not as much traffic as usual.

Usually I'd hate the traffic, but here I was hoping that there could've been more.

I was dreading this talk with my parents. My nerves were all over the place, making me even more flustered.

After sitting in my car for about 20 minutes, I finally got out, and made my way to their front door.

They'd given me a key but I don't think it was appropriate for me to use it, so instead I knocked.

Behind the door I heard shuffling of feet, the pitter-patter of paws, and the laughter of some that I couldn't quite decipher. "I'll be right back" I heard my mom say, before I saw the turning of the doorknob.

Once she opened the door I didn't know whether I should smile or what. So instead, I sheepishly rubbed the back of my arm and asked to come in.

"Oh uh...y-yeah" My mom said jumbling her words.

As I stepped into the house, the coziness of the home hit me. It was like I had never even left.

"Uhh...were all in the kitchen" my mom said rubbing the back of her neck.

Nodding my head, I silently followed her to the kitchen, where I heard my father's voice.

"So I was like 'This woman really must not know!' I'm married and I'd be Damned if my wife kills me today!" He said laughing.

As soon as we entered the laughter ceased. "Um..." My mom said clearing her throat. "It seems we have a very special guest" she said putting on a small smile.

Turning around, disappointed that his story was interrupted, my dad glanced upon me with a look of disgust. Instead, he just continued on with his story.

"Like I was saying..." He started.

"James honey" my mom said kissing his cheek "Why don't you introduce our guest"

He angrily blew breath out his nose before saying "These are our neighbors Michelle and Anthony. Now as I was saying..." He started yet again

"Babe please" my mom whispered into my fathers ear.

"Please what?!?" He yelled making everyone jump at his immediate change in emotion. "What do you want me to fucking tell them??? Oh this is my daughter who decided she was to good to associate with her parents??? Huh??? Is that what you want me to tell them???" He said staring straight at me with nothing but venom in his eyes.

"Jam-"

"Please excuse me...but I think it's best  I call it a night" he said before quickly storming off.

"I'm so sorry about that" my mom said showing her guests out, as I just stood in the same position I did when I first entered the kitchen.

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes, as my fathers words replayed in my head. I didn't want to cry because I brought this upon myself but...damn!

Rushing over to the kitchen chair, I quickly sat and covered my mouth to hush my sobs. I knew something like this was gonna happen...

When I heard the front door shut I hurriedly wiped my tear stained face, trying to put my best poker face on.

"Tea?" My mom asked making her way back into the kitchen.

"Oh-um n-n-no thank you" I croaked out.

"I'll make you cup anyway" she said smiling at me, causing me to return the gesture.

After she filled the kettle up,she lit the flame, bringing it to a boil.

"So" she started, giving me all of her attention.

"I um-" I started nervously licking my lips. "I wanted to stop by b-because I-I w-w-was wrong! A-a-and you w-were right!" I said letting my tears fall. "You were always right" I said tucking my lips "and now I realize that. And I'm sorry...for everything" I said standing up and gathering my things.

"Isa-"

"No" I said shaking my head holding in my cries "I don't want to cause anymore problems"

"Isa plant your ass in that seat!" My mom said raising her voice.

Obeying her wishes, I took a seat in the chair.

"Where is all this coming from?" She said sighing.

"Mom-I...Right now I just need you and daddy" I said crying harder.

"Isa, calm down. Now tell me what's going on" she spoke calming me down

"He left me for another w-woman! H-He's having a baby!" I said in between tears. "I listened to him...I-I stopped talking to my family when you and daddy only had my best interest at hand. A-and I regret every moment of it"

My mom didn't even bother to say anything...she knew exactly what I needed...a Hug

"It's alright. Let it all out" she coached, rubbing my back in circles, as I did just as she said.

After a few minutes, I was finally able to get it together.

"Thank you" I whispered in a hoarse tone

"That's what mothers are for" she said softly smiling, getting up to make the tea.

After handing me my cup, that I gladly accepted, we sat in a comfortable silence.

"Listen Isa..." My mom said breaking the silence. "I don't hate you. I'm highly disappointed, but I don't hate you. Gosh! I love you so much babygirl!" She said blinking back her tears. "I'd never want you to go through anything like this. And I want you to know that I love you! And that I'll always be here for you!"

"You really don't know how much that means to me!" I said getting up to embrace her.

"As for your father" my mom said getting back to the matter at hand "just give him some time...he'll come around" she stated nodding her head.

After sitting and talking for a couple hours, my eyelids started to get heavy with sleep.

"Isa honey" my mom said shaking me awake

"Mmm..." I said lifting my head up, not even realizing I fell asleep.

"Why don't you stay the night? It could be like old times...back in your old room" she offered

Seeing as I felt drunk with sleep, I simply agreed and stayed the night.

After reaching my bedroom my mom insisted on tucking me in.

"Goodnight Isa" my mom whispered in my ear, before planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight Mama" I said half smiling, before dozing off

***********************************

I know...I know but I finally updated

Thoughts????

Comment, Vote, & Rate!

~Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo😘😘😘😘😘

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

4K 2K 17
✔2nd place in Romance/ChickLit in the Fruits of Love Awards 2018 - 2/08/2018 ✔2nd place in Chicklit in the Recognition Awards 2018 - 2/10/2018 ✔2nd p...
7K 124 28
Security or danger? It's a difficult decision to make. Seduction, trust, love, and games. (All Time Low AU) He's my security He's intriguing He makes...
2.5K 177 50
❝ sometimes love isn't exactly what we think it's going to be. ❞ hearts & other breakable things by cassidy smith [ started: 2019 - 2021 ] [ edited...
42.7K 1.6K 52
. . . ❝Once upon a time, a girl fell in love with her husband and made the stars realise that they'd gotten her soulmate wrong.❞ . . . It's a daun...