What's In A Name? {Harry Pott...

By i-cant-think-help

Rose and Scorpius did not have a good experience together during their time at Hogwarts. Matching their paren... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Epilogue
Epilogue Part 2
Author's Thank You

Chapter One

2.3K 31 18
By i-cant-think-help

I do not own the Harry Potter Universe or it's characters, all rights for that goes to the amazing JK Rowling. The only characters I own are the ones I created myself. 

A/N Hi guys! So yes, I annoyingly decided to spend my time writing another Scorose fanfiction instead of concentrating on the books I have started already, but don't fear! I've already finished this one! I've decided to post a chapter a week- just to keep you entertained XD I really really like this fanfiction- and I hope you do too! I spent so long on this one, and I worked hard- because I want it to be the best it can be! As much as I love Forbidden Love, I feel as if this fanfiction is written so much better (oh- and if you haven't read Forbidden Love already, please go and check it out! It is a completed Scorose fanfiction [as in all the chapters are already up] so whilst you wait for the new chapters of this one, perhaps you could give that one a ready to? Ta!)

Anyway, please enjoy this new fanfiction! And as always, vote and comment if you did!

-Elise x

Rose Weasley was walking hastily down the streets of Diagon Alley, her red hair pulled up into a messy bun, held in place by her wand which was pushed through her bun to hold it in place. She pushed open the door to the nearest shop to get out of the bitterly cold weather. It was a week until Christmas and it was snowing heavily outside. She'd escaped into the first shop with its lights on that she saw for shelter, and looking around she discovered she had walked into Flourish and Blotts, her favourite wizarding book store. Rose believed it was only her and the employee at the desk until a mop of blonde hair appeared on top of a tall, rather handsome man holding a large collection of books by Newt Scamander. Walking between the aisles she attempted to get a closer look at the man as his hand delved into his pockets to pay for the large stack of books before shrinking them and putting them into his pocket also. Before Rose had time to think, the man turned around, startling her. She took one step forward and attempted to look as if the books opposite her interested her, and they were what she wanted to buy. Unfortunately, they were on motorcycles, something he had no interest in whatsoever.

Before she could register what was going on, a deep voice came from behind her. "I wouldn't take you for the type of girl who was into motorcycles?" he asked. Rose whipped around to face him and, think on her feet, replied.

"Oh yeah, not many people would think that, would they? My... father loves motorcycles, I guess I got it from him" Rose lied. She hated lying, especially about her family, and especially about something so stupid and so blatantly not true- her father despised the things. She took a deep breath in before looking up at the man. He had a round, pale face with bright grey eyes. He had a small mouth and a short nose. His pale blonde hair fell onto his face like it was once held in place but the wind had blown it to be the way it was. He wore a black coat that was buttoned up to the top save the collar button that would probably strangle him if he were to do it up.

The man only nodded, before taking a look at the specific book Rose had been pretending to be looking at. He laughed, almost silently, at how weird he found a girl- like Rose- looking at books of motorcycles of all things Rose thought I had to be standing near the motorcycle books. She sighed internally, still holding the appearance that she was, indeed, very much interested in motorcycles.

"Are you thinking about buying that?" the man asked, still amused at her weird 'taste'. Rose shook her head frantically and, not being able to come up with an explanation or excuse, she stayed silent. The man only nodded, still looking at the books behind her head. Rose smiled slightly before holding her hands behind her back and looking out the large window. The blizzard seemed to have calmed, and Rose felt like she needed an escape from this awkward encounter.

"I guess I better be off" Rose smiled slightly. She nodded at the man before pulling up her hood- which was still covered in snowflakes and water- and walked out the door, not at all realising the man was following her. She exited the shop, and felt the harsh wind hit her as she opened the door. She quickly walked out, hugging herself for extra warmth, and hurried down the street, looking for some other place to shelter. As the wind picked up and the snow started falling harder, Rose walked slower, in an attempt to keep warm and to keep an eye out for the few shops which had their welcoming lights on. She soon realises she was not alone, she turned around and almost slipped on the ice, but was caught by the strong hands of the man she had shared a few words with in Flourish and Blotts. As she looked up, Rose felt her cheeks boil and flood with blood. She stood up and tucked a stray strand of red hair behind her ear before looking at the man again.

"Uh, sorry" Rose mumbled, beginning to play with her freezing hands. The man laughed at her slightly, shrugged and shook his head, insisting that it was okay, it meant nothing. Rose sighed and nodded at the man before turning to continue walking down the street, but the man hurried after her, insisting on walking with her and talking to her.

"So, um, where you off to?" The man asked, his hands behind his back, his strides large but keeping at the same pace as Rose, not going ahead of her or lagging behind her.

"I'm not really sure to be honest, somewhere warm hopefully" Rose sighed, not looking at the man but looking around for a shop to dip into for a while. She pulled her cloak tighter around herself as the wind picked up, and pulled her hands closer to her body- she really wished she brought gloves, or a proper coat.

"Well, how about that cafe? I could buy you a drink if you would like?" the man asked, motioning towards the cafe that had just come into view on the end of the street. Rose sighed but nodded in agreement- besides, she had nothing better to do, it looked warm and the man seemed nice enough.

"That would be lovely thank you" Rose half-smiled, her arms still folded around her body. The two walked towards and into the small cafe, the man holding the door open for Rose to walk in first. Rose laughed slightly, at the man's kindness. She scanned the menu board above the tills, and let the man know of what she wanted- a medium hot chocolate with extra cream- before taking a seat by the window that was frozen up with frost which gave a pretty but distorted view of the outside street.

The man shortly walked over to the table Rose had chosen, smiling at her choice. He placed their drinks on the table- Rose could smell a hint of coffee but was unsure of exactly what the man had ordered- and sat down himself, he too looked out the frozen window and admired the distorted view. They sat in silence for a while, the two sipping away at their warm drinks. When Rose finished her drink, she put it on the table, it did not make much noise but it echoed throughout the silent cafe, which startled the man from his peaceful view-watching. He too had finished his drink which he too put on the table, thought the noise did not startle anyone. He smiled at Rose before he started to talk.

"I realise I don't even know your name, how rude of me, may I ask what it is?" He asked, very kindly. Rose, again, smiled at his kindness. She nodded and continued to introduce herself.

"Rose, Rose Weasley, and yourself?" She asked, holding out her hand. For a second Rose thought she saw a startled look on the man's face, but it was soon gone. The first, and only, thought and explanation that she could come up with, as to why he would be startled, was her family, her mother and father. But the fact her family was famous was mostly overlooked as she was hardly ever noticed. But the true explanation came when the man introduced himself.

"Scorpius, Scorpius Malfoy" The man said, taking Rose's hand and shaking it. Rose's mouth dropped, she couldn't hide her surprise like the man- Scorpius- had done. How could she not have worked it out? His fancy clothing, his posh vocabulary and way of speaking- of course he was a Malfoy, and he was too young to be any other Malfoy than Scorpius. Rose snatched her hand out of his. She couldn't stay here. She gathered her things, putting her cloak on and standing up, tucking her chair in.

"Thank you for the drink, but I can't stay here Malfoy" she almost spat. Her smile had left her face as soon as she heard his name. She quickly rushed away, leaving Scorpius bewildered and alone.

It had been 3 years since the two left Hogwarts and they had not seen or heard anything about each other in all that time, which was good for them. Rose cursed herself with everything she had for not recognising him, but also for leaving so abruptly. She hadn't seen the boy in three years and he had seemed to have changed a considerable amount not only in looks but in personality too. However Rose still felt like she couldn't try and amend things with him- she had been brought up to hate him and could not change her family's views, which in this case were the same as hers. She tightened her cloak in an attempt to keep warm as she walked back up the street before apparating home.

A/N Good start? I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment if you did and I'll post the next chapter next week! 

Pluuus, I have written out some of the cast, that I have decided on. Obviously all the characters who were in the films would have their actors as their cast, but if you have any characters that you want a cast/face claim for, just put it in the comments! I've got somebody for most of the characters in this (and don't worry if you don't know who some of the characters in the cast list are yet- they come in later in the book)! Thank youuu

-Elise x

CONGRATULATIONS TO percabeth-marlene FOR WINNING THE COVER COMPETITION! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE COVER THANK YOU SO MUCH! COMMISERATIONS TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO ENTERED BUT AND I SHALL POST THE SECOND AND THIRD PLACES ON NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK AFTER'S CHAPTERS, AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WHO ENTERED'S COVERS! I ADDED THE COVER TO THIS CHAPTER, SO YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER LOOK AT IT! WHOO! (Sorry for caps, I needed it to stand out from the rest of the A/N but still be part of the A/N... Sorry!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 166 19
Rose Weasley was deeply in love with Scorpius Malfoy since the 4th year. But, how things will turn if he tells her that he has feelings for her cousi...
6.2K 114 30
Rose can't wait to get to Hogwarts but her cousins choice of friends is making her think he might be a little crazy. As the years go on Scorpius sta...
16.2K 457 23
// In which Rose Weasley's Sorting goes oddly, and she strikes up an acquaintance with two unlikely people. Mysteries unfold around the disappearance...
178K 3.5K 64
Scorpius Malfoy had a crush on Rose Weasley since first year. She has always despised him, but the summer between 4rth and 5th year may have her re-t...