Blackout

By alisdaireveur

Love. Relationship. Trust. Betrayal. What could be worse? An anonymous father, a missing brother or falling i... More

Copyright:
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Note:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Important Note!
Promotion.

Chapter 12:

1.8K 113 18
By alisdaireveur

Chapter Twelve

“Excuse you, bitch. I am not asking.” I finally have the gut to say it to her face. Just by looking at her make me want to throw up. To be honest, I am not really this kind of B with an itch but the very first time I saw her face beside Adrian, I immediately hated her.

“Claire, watch your language!” Mom exclaimed behind me.

“What? Don’t tell me she doesn’t look like a bitch. The way her mouth was covered with dark red lipstick makes it look like it had been sucked by a toilet bowl pump.”

“This is your second warning, little girl. If you don’t stop, you are not going to smell outside air for two weeks.” She warned. Damn it, I thought to myself. Now I’m going to get grounded for telling the truth?

“Fine,” I sighed in defeat. “Then let me go out for a bit. It’s not that late.”

“Where are you going?” She asked me.

The phone inside my jean pocket vibrated even before I could answer mom. I grabbed my phone and checked it out. The text was from Kale asking me what I was doing. Great timing, I said to myself. I texted him back that I’m doing nothing and asked him to drop by in front of our house and pick me up.

After I sent the message, I tore my gaze away from my phone, and stared at mom. “Don’t worry; I’ll be fine with Kale.”

Her face hardened as she glared at me. “You are not going out with that little suitor of yours, young lady.”

“And why not?” I asked her back with the same tone as hers.

Her face paled as I notice that her voice shake a little bit. “Don’t you know that that guy is a… a gang member!”

I gave her a blank look.

“He hasn’t told me that,” I said calmly, even though my blood is starting to boil because of her accusation with him. How could mom say something awful when she doesn’t even know Kale? “Look mom, what’s with the fuss? You didn’t act like this when you met my past boyfriends! And to think that Kale and I weren’t a couple yet, you are acting really weird. The last time I had a boyfriend, you could’ve walked in the middle of our orgasm and you’ll probably remind us to use protection.”

“You are definitely grounded!” She shouted at me as she clenched her fist because of anger. If Adrian and Selene-whatever-her-name-is weren’t watching, she would’ve slapped me straight on my face. Plus with her raging expression, I could tell that she’s trying very hard not to lay a finger on me. She really hated to humiliate me in public or when somebody is looking.

“Ground me tomorrow,” I said nonchalantly as I put my attention on the two. “Bye bitch, bye Ian.” Then I walked out of the house, shutting the door behind me.

The buzzing sound of insects filled my ears as I wait for Kale in front of our gate. With the cold air brushing my skin, I cursed myself for not remembering to grab any jacket that could keep me warm with a think long sleeve with a Mickey Mouse print partnered with jeans that I’m wearing this time.

Ten minutes later, I spotted a streak of light which is few blocks away from my house. It must be him.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and rubbed my arms to keep me warm as I wait for Kale to come.

Before I knew it, he’s already in front of me, wearing his trademark black leathered jacket and of course he brought his gang styled motorcycle with him.

“Why do you want me to pick you up?” He asked me. Even in the dark, I can trace the sly smile that formed on his lips.

“I haven’t eaten dinner yet. Eat with me?” I said with a hopeful voice. He is the only one I can talk to. Screw me for not having a cliché best friend.

Now, I can see the sly smile slowly turning into a sweet one. “Hop on.” He said and I did.

“Ah, I’m so full.” I said right after I burped. Gross, I know.

Kale chuckled as he took the last bite of his weird food. Apparently, he brought me to a Chinese restaurant. I’ve never been here until today. And to be honest, I really liked the food here. I must come here more often.

“How are you not going to be full if you consumed three Wanton bowls?” He asked and teased me at the same time. I rolled my eyes at him.

“So, this is called Wanton? I can’t believe I ate a woman who has sex with a lot of men.” I joked, and astonished at the same time with my new discovery of food.

“Clarissa, it’s a Chinese noodle, not a slut.” He informed me.

I giggled. “I know, I’m just kidding,” I said. “And please call me Claire. We’re already close, right?”

“Wow, are you serious?” He asked me with a smile. I was about to say my signature joke when he promptly cut me off. “Don’t even think about your Severus joke.”

“Okay,” I grinned. “What are we going to do now?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to drive while we’re full.” He said and I nodded in agreement.

I smiled as an idea hit me. “Let’s just talk stuff about ourselves?” I suggested.

“Sure, why not.” He said and bounced his head up and down at the same time.

“Well, I just want to ask you something. Um, are you really a gang member?” I asked him, suddenly curious about what mom said about him. I just want to make sure if mom was telling the truth or not.

“What? No,” he said. “Who told you that bullshit? Please tell that person that if I joined a gang, my dad would disown me.”

I sighed in relief. I always knew he wasn’t that kind of person. I don’t know, but I can sense a bond connecting us deep inside my heart. “Well, my mom says so.” I admitted.

“Your mom must not like me that much,” he said then chuckled.

“I guess so,” I spoke. “How old are you again?”

“I’m surprised you didn’t remember,” he mocked hurt. “I’m twenty-one.”

“You’re a year older than Adrian. Are you, by any chance, an advanced student like Adrian? He’s pretty smart that he graduated college at twenty. You don’t seem to go to school as well.”

He scratches the back of his neck. Kale looks bashful and I find it cute. “I am no genius, sorry.”

I laughed at his shyness. I can’t believe the great Kale is conscious of something. “No need to be sorry.”

“I stopped going to school,” he admitted. I looked at him in shock. Why would he stop school if his family has tons of money that can educate hundreds of people?

“What?” I asked him.

“I think it’s just a waste of money. To tell you the truth, the high school you’re going to is just one of our businesses. The Andrews family has a company that has shares with lots of bigger companies all around the world. I, being just the simple guy with his stupid dream, want to be a doctor. But my dad insists me to take over the company when I reach the age of twenty-three.

Why bother studying if I can’t fulfill my dreams? It’s such a waste of time and money. I always thought that to myself. Did you know that my dreams and hope were crashed when my dad said that to me? It crashed me more than the time my parents told me I was adopted. What if I my real parents did not abandon me? Would they let me fulfill my dreams? I also ask myself that.

“When I was sixteen, I’ve decided to have a dark personality. I always dress like this, hoping that my mom or dad would notice the changes in me, or if I’d be lucky, they would notice how I feel deep inside just by looking at my attire. Sadly, they did not.

“Do you know the feeling when other people say you’re lucky because you’re rich? It sucks, big time. Having a well-known parents—or foster parents, means control. You need to do the things that they want you to do, as a replacement of all the wealthy stuff that they gave you.

“I am not saying they don’t love me; because they really do. It’s just that, everything is plain business.”

He stopped talking and I remained silent. I felt like crying at this moment.

You really cannot judge a person by its appearance. Kale is just a normal guy with dreams. He may look like a scary person, but he is vulnerable inside. At first, his appearance makes me sick. But now, just by looking at him makes me want to cry with joy. I already know how it feels when your parents don’t give you their time. I don’t have a father and all I have is a busy mother.

He hasn’t met his biological parents for crying out loud! And now his foster parents control him.

I am sure of my feelings right now. I admire him.

             “Kale,” I whispered at him.

             “What is it?” He asked me with a meaningful smile. He must think that I pity him now. I cleared my throat before speaking.

              “Yes.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 18.2K 32
"I remember his face, his eyes that begged for forgiveness, his body as it shook with anger and emotion. I remember how my world fell apart right bef...
721 110 21
Real love doesn't meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess.
207 26 20
Form of therapy ~ Nothing feels heavier then the unsaid words ~ Every story has two sides the "REALITY " and the "FICTION" the only similarity betwe...
265 111 37
Young love can do anything because the inexperienced mind experiences everything.