From Worse to Worse

By seriouslyBritt

Well Part 5 has been made private by wattpad for whatever reason. If you can't see it initially then follow m... More

1. It All Started
3. Selfish
4. Adult Behavior
5. Night, Nite
6. I Can't

2. Long Enough

303 25 20
By seriouslyBritt

It was finally here! Sixty freaking days had passed and the whore's doctor had given her 48 hours to go into labor or they were going to induce her. I couldn't wait for this shit to be settled. In a perfect world the results would prove that she got her boatload of semen mixed up and Chris wouldn't be the little bastards father. But all I could do was wait.

As expected, things at home were strained between us. I wanted to pretend that none of this was happening and that everything was ok but it wasn't and it wouldn't be until the results told us the outcome of his infidelity.

Work was the only thing that kept my mind preoccupied long enough to keep from wandering back to me and Chris' 'complication'...or back to the nameless guy with the locs.

I hated to admit it but I had thought about him numerous times. I didn't know shit about him other than the fact that just the thought of him alone could instantly get me wet...Well and the fact that he had a 'situation' all his own. His number was flushed a couple of nights after he gave it to me but not before I saved and erased it from my phone multiple times. As of now it's there, I'm just not using it...or haven't used it...yet.

4:06a.m.
"Hey, Babe, I gotta go! She's in labor!" Chris said bursting into my room.

"What?!" I asked sitting up, rubbing my eyes slightly confused.

"Le-...Sorry. She, just went into labor. I'm going to go meet her at the hospital now," he responded sounding more calm this time.

"Why?! Can't she just call you when she's done and it's time to take the test?! Why would you be there the whole time?!"

"Because what if it's mine?! I don't want to miss the birth on some informal technicality. I'd rather be there just in case...Please Nite, it's almost over." His eyes were begging me to understand but I couldn't.

"Chris, don't fucking please me. It's almost over. Yeah, that or it's just fucking beginning!," I was getting louder but my voice was trembling. "You wake me up outta my sound fucking sleep to tell me you're going to the hospital to be with that manipulative home-wrecking cunt who's having a baby that might not even be your fucking brat! I wanted to build a family with you!" Tears had started forming in my eyes and he had started walking towards the bed. "I loved you so fucking much and you just threw that shit aside. You ruined us! I'm in a position where I can't love you like I want to because you fucked it up," I screamed.

He laid my head on his chest and wrapped his arms around me squeezing tight. I was full on crying now. Crying because I was sad that I hadn't broken until now, because I knew we wouldn't be the same regardless of the outcome, because I felt like I had lost. This was the first time in a long time that I didn't have confidence or security.

He backed away slightly and held my face between his hands. He kissed my forhead, wiped my tears and then gently kissed my lips. His eyes stared deep into mine still pleading to understand.

"Go," I said barely above a whisper.

"I do love you," he replied back after kissing my lips again.

He walked to the door and turned to look at me before cutting off the light and closing the door.

I inhaled deeply and sighed heavily releasing a few more tears as I laid back down pulling the covers up. I felt around my bed blindly until I found my cell so I could send a text:
I wont b n t'dy

?!Txt me when u know somethin. Love you °

K. Love you *

That almost made me smile and it would definitely help me go back to sleep. Dae would use the degree symbol after saying 'Love you' to represent a moon and I would use a star to represent the sun. Nite and Dae. I loved my sister for making me be as corny as she was.

My sister knew what was going on but then again so did all of the idiots that follwed that whore on social media. She deleted all of her baby daddy directed posts and edited any picture captions that referenced Chris. But the way I saw it was yea bitch you corrected that mistake but people had already seen them. Too little too late!

I touched the phone icon on my home screen and opened my contacts. There his number was, at the top of the list. The only unmarked number in my phone because his was the only name I didn't know. I stared at it as I laid there. Stared at it so long that I drifted off to sleep.

°*°*°*°*°*°*

When I woke up, around 12p.m., I didn't have any missed calls or unopened text messages. I took a deep breath, flipped my phone on its face and headed to the bathroom to clean myself up. Looking in the mirror all I could focus on was my red slightly swollen eyes. I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower. It wasn't long before steam had filled the bathroom. Had the body wash been more than two feet in front of me I might've missed it.

The hot water felt amazing on my skin. Felt like it was rinsing away all of my problems so that's what I imagined. That every problem I had was spiraling down the drain. My locs were in a messy bun but I could tell a few of my strays were getting pelted. And my rebel loc, bottom right corner, had come out of my bun completely so 'she' was soaked. But right now I felt as though that was the only problem I had. Once I got out of the shower I oiled my body from head to toe with coconut oil.

I sucked my teeth after checking my phone which still showed no missed calls or new texts. I had tossed it back on the bed but my anxiousness made me pick it back up and reset it just in case. I stared at it as it powered down and started back up but still nothing. I instantly went from being on the brink of tears beacuse I knew where Chris was to being pissed because his inconsiderate ass hadn't even thought enough about me to send a fucking update text! Before my mind could process what my body was doing I had thrown my Samsung Edge into my dresser mirror. The glass shattered at the impact. And what didn't shatter on impact shattered once it hit the hardwood floor. I stared at the mess briefly before continuing to get dressed.

The gas hand on my Fusion had went from full to a little under half. I had been driving for about three hours and couldn't remeber where I'd been. Wherever I had been previously had led me to the parking lot of our store.

"Hey Boo!" my sister came trotting from behind the counter, grinning ear to ear with her arms stretched out.

"Hey Hun," I replied through laughter because she was hugging me a lot tighter than I was hugging her. Probably because she was expecting a big breakdown.

"I tried calling you and texting you. You ok? Have you talked to Chris? He called about 30 minutes ago and said the same thing. But she's still in labor. She's dilating slowly but the baby is not in stress or anything so they're trying to let her go the vaginal route."

"Oh...well that's good, I guess. Why'd it take him that long to call and say that though? He left the house at like four something this morning."

My twin twisted her face and grabbed my hand pulling me to the back office. I looked around the store as she quickly dragged me by racks, her black matte leather stilettos clicking almost in rhythm with the music playing through the speakers. Once I spotted Ty on the floor I resisted her pull much less.

We got to the office and she pointed me to the couch and closed the door. I sat down and she sat next to me, her back to the door. She stared at me for a moment as though she was trying to read my mind. I smiled and rolled my eyes and she gently thumped my bottom lip.

"Shut up,"she said barely cracking a smile. Before I could respond she raised her hand shutting me up, making me twist my face this time. "Twin, I know this is a helluva situation...but...if you're going to be there then be there. Don't have one foot in and one foot out the damn door. You're harming you. Sending yourself mixed messages. Either you want to be with Chris regardless or you don't! Regardless! I know he's the one that fucked up sis. I know that. Shit, we all know that! But be supportive or don't. Pick a side! Choose!" she said slapping my exposed thigh. "What's the plan if the baby, not bastard or heathen, is not his?

"We're going to work it out. Move past this."

"And if the baby is his?"

"My mind won't allow me to even process that possibility so...I don't know."

My eyes had started to water and my sister leaned in to hug me put I put my hands up stopping her.

"Un-unh," I responded shaking my head. "You do that shit and Ima start crying."

She laughed, "That's probably what you need."

"Bitch and mess up this mascara and this flawless ass wing. I think not!" Standing up I ran my hands over my dress and stretched.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in," we sang in unison.

"Sup Nite, thought you were taking the day off?"

"I am. Just dropping in. Know I can't stay away," I laughed.

"Well your guy is out here looking for you."

"Again?" My sister asked smiling at me.

I was confused as to whom they were referring to knowing that 'my guy' was at the hospital. Ty held the door open as I walked out of the office. Standing by the counter was the guy with the locs. He was facing the door until I cleared my throat to get his attention.

He turned around and smiled. "Where have you been?"

"The correct greeting is 'Hey' or 'Hello'. But I've been here working."

"I came in here wanting to speak to you a few times."

"With your girlfriend with you?"

"No."

"Oh. She was in the car?" I asked half jokingly.

His smile had all but vanished. "So...why haven't you called me?"

"I wanted to...really bad...not in a desperate way but I did want to. But...you know."

"So are you ever gon' use it or should I just stop trying?"

"I can't now."

"Y'all working it out. That's cool...well, take care," he said turning to walk away.

This time I gently grabbed his arm. When he turned to face me tingles went through my body.

"Your number was in my phone which is now broken."

He smiled, "Want me to write it down?"

"Depends."

"Yeah?"

"Can I get a name this time?"

"What have you been calling me?"

"None of your business," I laughed. "So can I get a name or no?"

"Steve."

"Steve?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with Steve?"

His smile was so fucking gorgeous. His teeth were straight and white and thankfully not covered in metal. His eyes were sexy and seductive. Everytime I looked into them it was like they were asking to undress me.

"Nothing," smiling and shaking my head, "Steve is kind of a white boy name and you are far from white boy. Steven is the black version," I responded annunciating the 'n'.

"Nope just Steve," he said smiling as he reached over the counter grabbing a pen and writing his number down. "So when are you gon' use this?," he asked handing me the paper.

"Soon." I shrugged.

"Are you asking me?...When are you free?"

"Tonight."

"Text me."

"Going to go get a new phone as soon as I leave here."

"Text me tonight though."

"I'll call." I wanted to ask if that would be ok with his girlfriend around but I no longer cared at this point.

"Or that," he said leaving the store.

I turned and saw Ty and Dae standing in the background talking. I turned back around in time to see Steve getting in his dark grey Elantra.

Shit...He did it again. Without doing anything. My panties were wet...really wet!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 30.1K 41
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
3K 6 1
DELETED ••• "You scare me" "Why?" "Because I tell you things I can't even tell myself" •••
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 37K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
575K 26.6K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒈...