Winning My Engaged Best Friend

By DarkAngel11

Isabelle has been in love with Asher ever since fifth grade, but was too afraid to admit it to him even when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 Part 1
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 Part 1
Chapter 14 Part 2
Chapter 14 Part 3
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 34

19.8K 259 24
By DarkAngel11

Chapter 34

Isabelle’s POV

By the time I actually made it to the airport a good twenty minutes later, I was completely soaked. My clothes clung annoyingly to my body and every time I took a step, my shoes squeaked from all the water.

“Ugh.” I made my way towards the restroom. Since I still had a good ten minutes before my flight, I should have some time to change into something dry.

Throwing my suitcase on top of one of the sinks, I unzipped it quickly and pulled out a pair of gray sweats a fresh black tanktop. I changed in one of the stalls and instantly felt better without all the water all over me. Too bad I still had to wear my soaking wet converses. All my other shoes were open toed and that wasn’t at all safe in the rain.

Grabbing my suitcase, I made my way out of the bathroom. “Okay. Now where is the line for Greece...” I muttered to myself as I pulled my ticket out. Good thing I had decided to take it out of my pocket and into the suitcase before I started my journey over here. If not, it would have been soaked.

I looked up at the big board of flights. “Greece, Greece—There you are!” I smiled when I finally spotted it. “Okay. So, Section 4.”

When  I found Section 4, I was sort of relieved that the line wasn’t that long. I truly hate long lines. They’re so annoying.

Ash’s POV

The rain had lightened up once I finally arrived at the airport. Even if it hadn’t, it wouldn’t have stopped me anyways.

I rubbed at my throbbing cheek as I sprinted up the step to the front door of the airport, amazed at Seb’s strength. But I’m weirdly glad that he did what he did. He knocked some sense into me. I am in love with Isabelle. I truly am. I had fallen for her back in high school, but when I left, my dad advised me to get over her. That’s when I met Amber. I was trying to get over Izzy by falling for the wrong girl.

A girl whose been cheating on me…

And oddly enough, I could care less. All I wanted was Izzy now. Since we kissed, I’ve been dying to kiss her again. To hold her. To know that she’s mine.

I just hope it’s not too late.

Isabelle’s POV

“Kill me now.” I muttered.

Okay, so yeah, the line isn’t so long. But the receptionist lady is taking her damn time getting everyone through. All I know is that they better still let me get on that plane even if its past midnight.

Ash’s POV

I burst through the doors roughly, scaring a few of the people around me, but I could care less.

“Izzy!” I shouted, running through the crowd of people. “Isabelle!”

I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t find her anywhere. It’s like finding Waldo in a city. It’s impossible to find that guy.

“Izzy—“

I heard screaming on the far left end of the airport and automatically knew who it was.

Isabelle’s POV

“Rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum…man down! Rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum rum bum—“

“Shut the fuck up!”

“Hey! Why don’t you shut the fuck up?” I shouted back at the bald man in front of me. Even though he towered over me by about a good foot… “It’s not my fault this slow ass lady is taking her fucking time getting us on this fucking plane!”

The rather large woman behind the desk glared at me. “Miss, I’m going to have to ask you to move out of the line.”

“Hell no! I have a ticket for this flight!” I yelled at her. “So, I’m not—“

My breath caught in my throat when I noticed Ash appear out of nowhere. At first he was jogging, but he slowed once his eyes caught mine and fully came to a stop. “Izzy…”

My eyes threatened to water when I recalled what he last said to me, but I bit my lip to pull it back. “What are you doing here, Ash?” I barely whispered.

“I came to talk to you—Iz!” He called after me when I dropped my suitcase on the ground and sped out of the airport.

I didn’t want to talk to him. Not even look at him. I couldn’t without breaking down into tears. And I hate crying.

My legs brought me outside the doors and I remembered that it had been raining. But now, it was only drizzling a bit. But enough to get soaked. I stopped running suddenly to decipher whether I should go back out there or not. I mean, I had just changed because I was soaked from the rain. Wouldn’t running back out make me do that again?

Fuck my life.

“Izzy.” Ash breathed out from behind me.

My eyes widened and I turned around to find his hands on his knees, his breath coming out quick. I didn’t even think he was following me!

“Thank god you stopped running. I was about to—“

I ran again.

Fuck getting wet. It’s better than facing him.

Ash’s POV

“Shit!” I sprinted after her as she dashed through the parking lot. By how she was squeezing through the cars, it seemed like she was trying to shake me off her tail. “Stop running, Izzy!”

“No!” She shouted at me.

“That’s it.” I cut through another way and eventually caught up to Iz easily. When I did, I grabbed her arms and pulled her roughly towards me.

“Let go of me!” She cried, struggling in my hands. “Rape! Rape! Raaaaaaape!”

“Stop yelling rape already! You know I’m not—“

“Rape!”

“Iz!” I snapped, shaking her angrily.

She pressed her lips that were now dripping wet from the rain together and glared at me. “Here to inform me how well your wedding went or something Ash?”

“No, that’s not it.”

“Maybe to yell at me some more for trying to separate you and Amber?” She suggested. “Beat me down some more when I’ve already hit rock bottom? Hmm? Well then do it!”

I sighed and pushed her up against the side of one of the cars. Her response was a gasp of surprise. Leaning as close as possible to her, I answered, “I came to do this.”

I kissed her. I wrapped my arms around her waist when she opened her mouth to deepen the kiss. We kissed eachother feverishly. Everywhere we touch eachother just ignited another dose of passion that exploded within us. I heard her groan under my lips and then she started to pull away.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her worriedly.

“You’re suffocating me.” She grinned weakly, taking deep breaths.

I set my palms against the windows of the car on either side of her head. “Better?”

“Much.” When I started to lean in again, she put a hand to my chest to stop me. “Wait. What about the wedding and everything?”

“Broke it off.” I told her. “Seb knocked some sense into me by punching me. Pretty hard too.”

“Whoa. Seb punched you?”

“Hey, now don’t go thinking he’s all macho and stuff.” I said warningly. “I got a few punches in myself too.”

“I’m just surprised he punched you in the first place. And for me…?”

I slipped a hand through her wet hair, tugging her lightly towards me. “He must care about you then.” I said and went for another kiss. She turned her head away and looked at me.

“So where does this leave us, Ash?” She asked me hopefully. “Friend or foe?”

“Definitely neither.”

“You have to pick at least one, idiot.”

“Fine. Foe.” I grinned.

“I was kind of hoping friend. But foe can be hot. We can be like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith! Or—“

“Shut up, Iz.”

“You shut up.”

I chuckled and rested my forehead against hers. “I forgot to tell you. I fell in love with someone.”

“Oh really?” She asked innocently. “With who?”

“Just with some girl.”

“Is she hot?”

“Hell yeah. Hot body. Could do without being so annoying…”

She snorted, lightly smacking my chest. “Take that back. I’m not that annoying.”

“I’m just kidding!” I laughed. “I love you, Iz. Every. Little. Annoying. Part.”

“Jerk.” She murmured to me as she pressed her lips against mine. I pushed myself against her. It wasn’t like she was objecting to it now. Being so close to her sent warm tingles through me. Everything about her—

The both of us jumped in surprise when the car we were currently laying against alarm sounded. Izzy must’ve recovered much more quicker than me because she gripped onto the front of my shirt desperately and murmured, “It’ll stop ringing eventually. Just ignore it.”

Then she tugged me into her and we kissed the night away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

And that the end :)

idk bout you guys but that seemed kinda cliched...idk. Maybe its just me. Well, I didn't like that chapter too much lol

eh?

Anywho, I might post an epilouge also. And since a couple of you want a sequel, Ima get yall a sequel! yay! lol :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546 173 47
When Kinsley meets Asher , her whole life changes. New to town to film a TV series, Asher sweeps Kinsley off her feet. But when his show becomes a hi...
50 0 13
At the begging of the school year Norah starts to love Asher, a boy she liked since six grade,now they are in ninth grade she spends half of the year...
11 1 10
Izzy Lawerence is starting her first year at college. She thought this year was going to be the best year ever. She thought that she had everything...
49 0 14
Andy made a promise in freshman year that she would never fall in love again. Soon in Junior year, Andy has her whole world turned upside down when a...