The Stepbrother // Luke Hemmi...

By aestheticannie

When sixteen-year-old, Anastasia 'Annie' Evans, finds out that her mother's newly-engagement comes with havin... More

The Stepbrother // Luke Hemmings
Stepbrother
What's the Wifi Password?
Proposition
It's Called Customer Service
It Feels Better Than It Looks
"what's so bad about penguins?"
"it's 3am, luke!"
Are You a Vampire
It Was His Idea
Let's Go for a Ride
You Named Your Drum, Tom
"i'll be your dr. fluke"
Pillows Are Falling from the Sky
Netflix and Chill
Slow Down, Annie
You Dyed Your Hair
"kid in love"
I Hope You like Cold Showers
He's Your Stepbrother, Annie
Mistake
"who is she?"
"willing to consider it"
A Mixtape
"it might show"
"birthday wishes"
"birthday wishes"
"raincheck"
Luke Skywalker
"swimming in jeans"
"you're talking to me now"
"it's exactly like that"
"do i know you?"
#1 OMG
"how it feels"
"are you in a band?"
It's Kind of Our Thing
The Powerpuff Blokes
"your band sucks"
"your brother is hot"
"the weirdo from the hospital"
You're Calum
She's Going to tell Everyone
Vicinity of Aussies
"old fashioned sleepover"
"it's not stupid"
I Forgot
It's Nice
The Easiest Part
Bottle It Up
Can We Talk?
I'm Sorry

Just a Stupid Cd

304K 12K 7.3K
By aestheticannie

6
Just a Stupid Cd

I'm up early tomorrow before anyone else, and after laying in bed for a whole hour with nothing to do I decide to watch TV in the living room.

It's seriously quiet and I yank on a pair of yoga pants underneath my t-shirt and tiptoe downstairs. I grab a bottle of water from the refrigerator and two Poptarts and then I throw myself down on the couch.

A rerun of Degrassi is playing on Teen Nick, and I make myself comfortable. After about three episodes and a seriously long amount of swooning over how hot and funny Spinner is, someone finally decides to come downstairs.

Sitting up, I quickly ball up my wrapper and stuff it in the side of the couch. If it's my mom, I seriously don't want to hear her shit about not eating in the kitchen or dining room.

"Mom?" I call out.

"Annie doll, is that you?" Someone responds in a girly voice.

Not in the mood for Luke's shit, I roll my eyes and turn back to the TV. He laughs and pokes his head in the living room, "What are you doing up so early?"

I shrug, deciding to turn the question back on him, "What are you doing up so early?"

He stares at me and then looks back towards the stairs, before walking in and taking a seat on the couch besides me. He's fully dressed, wearing a pair of black jeans, a hoodie and sneakers, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Where are you going?"

Blonde hair is tucked underneath a backwards snapback and I watch as he adjusts it before sighing, "Um, I need to go out for a few hours."

"Where?" I repeat, rolling my eyes.

"None of your business," he glances over at me and then jumps up. "Look, if my dad asks where I am, just say I'm still sleep alright?"

"Um, alright."

Then he nods, and bites his lip. "Seriously, Anastasia."

He turns to leave and I clamber off the couch, hurrying to catch up with him. "Wait, only if you tell me where you're going."

"What?"

I smirk, "Tit for tat, Lucas."

"First off, my names not Lucas. Just Luke." Grabbing car keys off the small vanity desk, he opens the door and I follow him out onto the porch. "Second, I really can't tell you."

It's a bit cold, and I wrap my arms around myself, "Why? Are you having some kind of love affair with a married woman?"

He gazes impassively at me and after a moment he nods and sarcastically says, "Shit, you've caught me." Blue eyes blink at me and then he smirks, "Are you jealous?"

"You wish," I tuck hair behind my ear, "If you cover for me later on today, I'll cover for you."

"What do you need covering for?"

I shrug, thinking of that Ashton guy from Target and how I would like to hang out with him later. Only, I need someone to get my mom off my case, "I'm going out."

He laughs dryly, "Where?"

"None of your business."

"That's a bit hypocritical don't you think?" Luke mutters, swinging his keys around his long fingers.

"Are you gonna do it or not?" I ask.

He nods, then quirks an eyebrow, "You sure you're not a gang banger?"

I stick my middle finger up at him, and duck out of the chilly morning air and back into the house to finish my Degrassi marathon.
--
Luke is late.

Like super freaking late. Like, Ashton's shift might end soon and I won't get to see how fun the treadmills are, late.

It's almost after two, and I'm sitting in the kitchen again, chewing at my nails and ignoring my mother. I think she's talking about the wedding menu and whether or not the table clothes should be white or cream colored and if I'm being completely honest, I'm about a second away from blowing my top.

"So, what do you think Annie doll?" She rolls up her shirt sleeves, and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear before glancing up at me.

"What?"

"Is white too fancy? I don't want Andy's family to think I'm too prissy."

"It's fine," I mutter. What I really want to tell her is that I couldn't care less about her stupid table cloths, and then demand for her to tell me Luke's phone number. Just so that, I could use the house phone to call him and then yell at him for taking so freaking long!

I mean, how unfair can this possibly get? First, the kid has a phone and a truck. Then, to top it all off, he can go wherever the hell he wants without having someone all on his ass about it.

I huff, and switch my pointer finger for my thumb; absentmindedly chewing.

"Are you alright?" She asks, still looking at color cards. She holds one up and squints at it, before doing the same to the other, "I think cream is nice, what about you?"

Annoyed, I jump down from the counter and head down the hallway. As soon as I reach to open the door, it comes swinging open on it's own and I jump back to avoid getting hit in the face.

"You have got to stop doing that," Luke mumbles, rolling his eyes at me.

Frowning, I cross my arms and whisper yell at him, "What the hell took so long?"

He shrugs, and drops his keys in the dish before kicking off his Converses and walking around me, "I had things I needed to take care of."

"Excuse me, but a booty call usually does not take eight hours!"

"And they usually don't take place at six in the morning, either." He laughs, "Where do need to go anyway?"

"Downtown," Grabbing my satchel, I sling it over my shoulder. "I just need you to tell my mom we're gonna hang out for a few. I don't know, something like that."

A hand goes to his hair, and he laughs before tugging his hoodie off over his head. His shirt lifts and my eyes glance down at the small slab of pale skin that shows. I can't lie and say it doesn't make me blush.

"So you want me to lie to my stepmother?" He asks, "I don't know, Anastasia. That's a bit wrong don't you think?"

I laugh dryly, "Don't freaking play with me, Luke. You wanted me to lie to your dad!"

He smirks and turns around, walking down the hallway. I have to force myself not to to run up to him and punch him in the back of his head. Well, if only I could reach that high.

"Luke," I whine, "Stop being such a jerk!"

Ignoring me he walks into the kitchen and smiles at my mom before heading to the fridge, "You look like you're working hard over there, Claire."

"I am. Too bad your dads not in here helping me," she mutters, distracted. Sitting up, she grabs the color cards, "White or cream?"

He cocks his head to the side, and squints his eyes. After a minute, he steps back and says, "Cream, definitely."

"I was thinking that too!" Satisfied, my mom smiles and goes back to the pile of bridal magazines and binders in front of her.

"Glad I could help," I watch, inwardly seething, as he takes out a can of Coke and holds it out me,

"Thirsty, Annie?"

I ignore him. I am so pissed off right now, I could seriously hurt him. Shaking my head, I turn around and start upstairs; to hell with it, I'll find a way to see Ashton tomorrow.

Throwing myself down on my bed, I bury my face in my pillow and let out a agitated scream. Why couldn't I just go back to being an only child with no friends, again?

Life was much, much easier then. My mom was still an overprotective nuisance, but at least then I didn't have her breathing down my neck about going outside, since she was familiar with the area.

"Meet me outside in five minutes."

Looking up from my pillow, I glance over towards my door, where Luke is standing. I watch as he takes a long sip of his soda, dragging his tongue over his lips.

"What?"

"Your mom thinks we're going to get smoothies," he laughs, chucking his empty soda can at me. "Let's go."

It hits me in the arm and I stare at him, unsure of whether or not he's lying.

"Well, do you want a ride downtown or not?" He rolls his eyes and I hurriedly scramble off of my bed; following him outside.

Luke's truck is huge. It's a matte black color and the inside is really clean and not at all how I imagined the inside of a guys car to look.

"Whoa," I whisper, sliding my fingertips along the smooth leather of the dash. "This is yours?"

"Stop touching stuff, and fasten your seat belt."

I roll my eyes, huffing. "You're not the boss of me."

Luke turns his blues eyes over to me, "I'm sorry, what did you say? You said you wanted to walk?"

"I never asked for a ride in the first place," I mutter, fastening my seat belt and crossing my arms over my chest.

Satisfied, Luke starts the car and then we're moving. It's seriously quiet and even though the shopping outlet is not too far, I lean forward and turn on the radio.

A loud guitar solo streams from the speakers, and I frantically search for the volume knob to turn it down, "Luke, shut this thing up!"

He laughs, shaking his head. "I told you not to touch anything, Anastasia."

"Ugh," sitting up, I jam my fingers against all the buttons, not caring anymore. If Luke won't help me, I'll find out how to do it myself.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Luke shouts, over the music.

I ignore him, and continue slapping the radio. A CD slides out the player, but the music keeps playing, so I grab it and throw it onto the backseat before continuing my button pressing.

"No you didn't just fucking do that," Luke laughs, angrily, glaring over at me. Then in a second, he's pulling the car over and jumping out before walking over to my side.

Opening the door, he grabs my wrist and yanks me out before slamming the door shut and pushing me back against it.

"Don't touch me!" I yell, pushing him back.

"Oh, Annie, I haven't touched you yet," he growls down at me, taking a step closer. His eyes are a burning steely blue, and his chest is raising up and down really fast.

I realize he must be really mad, and I sink back further against the car door. "What is wrong with you?" I mutter, "It's just a stupid CD."

He's so close that I can feel his breath on the tip on my nose, and let's go of my hand before closing his eyes and taking a step back, "It's not. It's not just a stupid CD, Anastasia"

Grabbing my wrist in my hand, I massage the skin and swallow. Alright, maybe I was wrong. Still, he could've just turned down the damn radio!

Turning around, I open the door and grab my bag from the seat, "I'm just gonna walk the rest of the way."

"You don't have to," he sighs. "I can still ride you, it's not that far."

I shake my head, and force a smile on my face, "It's fine. I'm alright." Closing the door, I step around him and onto the sidewalk, before glancing back at him, "Um, you okay?"

"Yeah," he mumbles.

Then, I quickly hurry down the street and away from him, before I get the chance to turn around and say I'm sorry.
--

It only takes a second to vote!
Thanks, lovelies <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6M 439K 61
The spark between Faye and her best friend's hot older brother, Miles, threatens to upend everything in her normal, stable life. ...
531 26 28
His smile. His eyes. His voice. His laugh. His warmth. His existence. Him. This fanfic is about Michael Clifford and his girlfriend Emma. Her best fr...
340 5 22
(COMPLETE STORY) (PG-13) Luke Robert Hemmings Fanfiction did you ever dreamed about waking up with your bestfriend, doing fun things or walking down...
16.4K 318 27
When a girl falls in love with a boy that she doesn't mean to fall in love with