On the Court #Wattys2015

By themoneb

The color of his skin didn't matter. With his heart on his sleeve and panty-melting smile, she fell for him... More

On the Court
CH 1: Coffee shop soundtrack
CH 2: Cheer Shorts
CH 3: Wolfpack!
CH 4: Just a New Year's Eve party
CH 5: Our Hang Out
CH 6: Feeling Used and Confused
CH 7: Wilmington Blossoms
CH 8: The New Things
CH 9: A Year Older A Year Wiser
CH 10: Assumptions
CH 11: My First
Ch 12: The Story Begins
CH 13: A Visit
CH 14: It's Time
CH 15: The First Year
CH 16: The Third Year
CH 17: The Fifth Year (part one)
CH 18: The Fifth Year (part two)
CH 19: The Fifth Year (part three)
CH 20: Another Go
CH 21: To Gain And Lose
CH 22: A Valentine Love
CH 23: A 'Yes' Would Suffice
CH 24: To Stir and Let Sit
Epilogue
Extra: The Other Generation
Extra: Happy Father's Day
Extra: Growing Pains
Extra: Can't Leave It Alone

Extra: It's Not Always Sunny

1.2K 47 10
By themoneb

Toni was mad at herself more than anything. How could she forget?

She wanted to slap herself as she stared down at the results, the sign not changing even as she stared harder.

How was she gonna tell Daren? How was he gonna react? This sucked!

She sighed and made her way downstairs where she found Darren helping Micah, who had just gotten home from camp, with his homework.

They were in the living area where the Christmas tree they had blinded her with lights, but Micah loved it and spent every waking moment around it.

"Babe, after you're done can you meet me upstairs?"

Darren looked up at her and smiled "Sure."

Upstairs she sat on their bed and sighed as she stared out the window. It was dark and the house was quiet with Rory asleep, Joseph away and Elena in her room doing homework. All of that would change tomorrow because school was letting out tomorrow for Christmas break.

She looked when the bedroom door open and Darren strode in. "What's up?"

"Remember I was saying how unwell I felt the past couple days?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I made it the last option but I, um, took a test and ..." She sighed once again, running a hand through her hair, "I'm pregnant."

Darren's eyes widened and looked at the ground to collect the words he'd say next.

"You're sure? I mean, can you still even get pregnant?"

Toni's mouth gaped, her entire mood shifting as her eyes narrowed on her husband. "What?"

"I thought that women your age-"

"My age! Are you insinuating that I'm old?"

Darren stuttered out his words, "Of course no-"

"I'm like a few months older than you, you ass!"

"Toni, that's not what I meant."

"What did you mean then? I don't even turn forty for another-"

"I know, in February."

She raged, "Get out!"

"Huh?"

"My birthday's in December!" She fumed, getting off the bed and pushing him out the door.

"That's what I meant; I swear!"

She grabbed a blanket that was neatly folded by the door and threw it at him, the fabric hitting him in the face.

"Enjoy the couch," she muttered and slammed the door.

Darren was frozen to his spot, not believing what happened in such a short amount of time. "Toni I'm sorry."

He didn't expect the sudden emotion in her voice but when it came, he felt horrible.

"Goodnight, Darren." She croaked.

He knew to an outsider that her anger was over the top and unnecessary, but he knew the real reason why she was so upset.

It seemed like he didn't want another baby.

It wasn't that at all. He just felt that at their age and the age of their youngest, Micah, who was eleven, that they wouldn't have any more kids.

He really had to make this up to her.

***

Rory was very amused at Elena's cheery smiled.

"So, he just kissed you? That's so cute!"

"I know! He's so sweet Rory and he bought me this bracelet. I mean, I saw it at Claire's a few weeks ago but it's the thought that counts, you know?"

"I'm so glad you finally have a crush. What did dad say about a third date?"

Elena's eyes narrowed, "Well thanks to you I had to tell him about the first date. He acted like he was happy for me then gave me this deep talk about my limits and how to express them. I was freaked out, so mom told me that he had looked at me as a young lady for the first time and it freaked him out."

"Now that it's the third date he's started to get more curious about Chris' intentions."

"Maybe he wants to meet him. I bet if you tell dad you want him to meet Chris, he'll see it as responsible and trust you to go out more with Chris."

"Really? I'm gonna go tell Chris!" She was bouncy as she sprinted out of Rory's room and down the hall into hers.

***

Joseph was pretty bored during his last class of the day and decided to text Rosy throughout most of it.

Up for pizza in my dorm?

She didn't reply for awhile so when his class ended and his phone vibrated he was more excited about the reply than he should have been.

Cheese lovers with white sauce ?

Of course

Be there in ten.

He picked up the pizza from a local place and carried the hot box to his dorm. He changed into sweats and at a t-shirt after a quick shower, making sure to clean around the dorm as he changed.

There was a knock to the door and when he answered it he expected to see Rosy with a liter of Sprite, not sprite and her tight jeans, camisole and new haircut.

"You... You cut your hair."

"Nah I just died the ends invisible," she shrugged and moved past him into the room.

He rolled his eyes playfully as he closed and locked the door. She definitely kept him on his toes.

***

"I'm not hysterical!" Rory screeched down the phone. "That fucker had the nerve to tell me, me of all people, that I wasn't capable to handle art class. Art class!"

"Babe ," Leo chuckled, "calm down."

"Whatever," she snapped. "I can't wait til you get back here tomorrow. I'm up for some angry sex."

"You closet freak!" He smiled, "is that all you think about?"

"Where you're concerned? Forty percent of the time, yes."

"The other sixty?"

"Oh just missing you, thinking about how much I love you."

The words were said shyly because they were still sort of new. Leo made sure to tell her those words right before he left to go back after Thanksgiving. The words were followed by many kisses and Rory whispering them back. They've only said them a handful of times so when they did share them the moment after felt innocent and sweet.

He sighed, the response coming unexpected to Rory. She stayed quiet.

"Rory..."

"Leo," her voice was small, "what's wrong." Why aren't you telling me you love me?

"Is your computer working now? Can you skype?"

"Whatever you need to say just say it now."

"I can't over the phone."

"Then just tell me tomorrow," she snapped, growing annoyed.

"That's the thing. I'm just... I'm really busy right now so when I get there I'm gonna be loaded on homework and with my family. After break even I'm gonna be starting a new semester..."

"What are you saying?"

"You know I love you, Ror.."

"But?" She spat.

"I think we should take a break." It sounded like he let out a breath that he was holding forever.

"A break," she repeated, testing out the yucky words.

"Yeah.." He responded cautiously.

"So we're single," she stated more than asked.

"Technically not. I mean I just have loads to do right now and I didn't want you to feel ignored. We can start again in another few months."

"Let me get this straight. You don't have time for this right now so you're setting it aside to focus on yourself."

"Well... Yeah."

She was growing increasingly impatient. "I understand your reasoning but you do know that I'm half of this relationship and have feelings. When you say you're stressed I encourage you and give you time to get work done so this whole 'needing a break' bullshit is going in one ear and out the next. I'm giving you your space but after you're ready and have time for me again I'm not promising I'll be there. I love you, I do but... By me accepting this I'm really thinking about you but by you proposing this it doesn't feel like you considered how I'd feel."

"Rory, I'm just trying to make things more simple," he groaned, getting frustrated.

"By simple you mean an easier way out."

"Yes, Rory. I don't have time for anything else!"

"Okay," she whispered, responding to his raised voice, "Bye," She croaked and hung up.

It hurt so much but knew this would be what he wanted. She just wanted to break down
because at that moment she felt like she wasn't worth it.

Like she wasn't worth fighting for.

***

Darren walked past their home  office the next day, hearing Toni's voice flowing out of the cracked door.

"Yeah, mom I took the test and everything,

"Of course I'm excited,

"He's um... I don't know," her voice cracked and he felt so stupid for making her feel that way.

"I mean, I understand why he's worried and even though I did forget my pill, I'm sort of excited now and I just want him to feel that way with me,

"Mom please don't say that. Trying to make me laugh is not cool right now,

"Yeah of course,

"Love you mom. Bye,"

Darren waited for her to leave the office . When she stepped out he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her to him.
"Darren ! You scared me."

"Hey baby."

"Uh," she looked over her shoulder to look at him weirdly, "Hi."

"We should go out and have some alone time for lunch. Like go and have the people cook in front of us."

"You talk a big game for someone who just woke up from the couch," she muttered, removing his arms from around her and turning down the hall to get to the kitchen.

He sighed, "Toni."

She placed a pot on the stove and turned on the burner. She had breakfast to make and her silly husband was frustrating her.

"Babe, I'm sorry about yesterday."

"I know you are, Darren but that doesn't change the fact that you're not ready for another baby."

"Seriously? We raised Rory so I think I'm ready to raise a baby."

She let out a breath and watched the butter melt on the pan. "You sure?"

Darren let a small smile spread across his face as he embraced her again, his hands on her tummy.

"We're having another baby," she whispered, looking out the corner of her eye at him. He grinned and kissed her cheek.

"I know baby and I'm excited. I was just a bit surprised. You know I'm always ready to start some trouble with you babe, even if it's in the form of a little person, I gotchu."

She bit her lip and flicked off the burner. Toni turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck. "That damn Wilmy accent."

He smirked, "It's bad?"

"That southern twist into your Spanish tongue? Hell no, it's sexy. Now take me upstairs Mr. Rivera."

He playfully sighed. "Well if my girl has needs. Sabes que voy a cuidar de ti." You know I'm going to take care of you.

"Mmmm," Toni muttered, rubbing herself against her husband. "Just fuck me here then, on the island."

"Alright you little trail blazer," he chuckled and lifted her to set her on the kitchen island.

She nuzzled her face into his neck as he slid her panties to the side , "you know I get it from you... papi. "

A/n: just got finished with my first week of senior year. *already pulls hair out* it's gonna be stressful but whatever.

Entered this into the wattys ! Please share this story , I'd appreciate that so much.

Thanks to all readers and the commenters who make me crack up after a long day of school.

I think this story deserve two more extras so that's  gonna be coming within the month. Please be patient with me because school has started and that's my main priority right now.

Happy 22nd Birthday Liam!

-Moné

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 138 44
What the fuck do you want?"I asked. "Get dressed we're going out"he says. "Hell nah, I ain't going no where"I say going back to my room. All I want t...
416K 15.5K 41
I let him in; I gave into my urges and loved him in every complete shape and form. His blonde locks as I ran my hands through them, his mesmerizing b...
14K 313 18
☆ .✧ .☾ .✰ 'I think the kiss wasn't an accident for me y/n' 'Oh' 'Was it for you?' 'Well no' She answered finally meeting his eyes. 'So if we both...
81.5K 2.9K 24
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was very young so read at your own risk • "I'll never understand why you want plastic girls that dont have anything t...