The Impulsive Soul-Mates

By sujal1fan

Characters Hi everyone, I am Nandini Murthy, 23 yrs old from Ahmedabad(Indian city). I am the daughter of Nan... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Starting From the Start
Chapter 2 - The Insane Idea
Chapter 3 - Strangers..Huh!!!
Chapter 4 - I wanted...
Chapter 5 - AURA's aura
Chapter 7 - The Present
Chapter 8 - Jab We Fought
Chapter 9 - Punishment Time
Chapter 10 - The After Effects
Chapter 11 - The D Day
Chapter 12 - Party Toh Banti Hai...
Chapter 13 - My First Baby
Chapter 14 - Let it Go
Chapter 15 - The Day that Changed it All
Chapter 16 - The Present Again
Chapter 17 - The Lies
Chapter 18 - I won't give up on you
Chapter 19 - The Monster is difficult
Chapter 20 - The Last Few Nails
Chapter 21 - The War Begins
Chapter 22 - I Want to Hurt You
Chapter 23 - Impossible Redemption's
Chapter 24 - Let's Find Her
Chapter 25 - Hanging Around
Chapter 26 - Truths Revealed
Chapter 27 - Attempts to Fixing
Chapter 28 - Present Beckons
Chapter 29 - Hubby Wifey tussle
Chapter 30 - My world lies here...
Chapter 31 - The Awaited Night
Chapter 32 - The Red Dawn
Chapter 33 - Looking For You
Chapter 34 - Finally became MaNan
Chapter 35 - My Favorite Reality
Chapter 36 - They are Love
Chapter 37 - Right Things at Right Place
Chapter 38 Towards HEA
NOTE
Excerpt 1
Excerpt 2
Excerpt 3
Excerpt 4
Excerpt 5
Epilogue
Imp Note
Sequel Note

Chapter 6 - Tonight

18.6K 1K 61
By sujal1fan

Cabir briefed me about the project. Mr. Puneet Dhanrajgir, the 3rd richest Indian's daughter Soha was all set for a traditional Indian marriage in 3 months time and we had to design her wardrobe for all the 5 important functions including the wedding. He also informed me that we have an initial presentation and briefing with them in a week's time. Cabir spoke about a lot other details that I just pretended to listen because at that point of time the only thing that I could think about was the possibilities of "Tonight". Luckily the rest of the day I didn't have to face Manik as he was out but even that was also not of much help because through out the day his thoughts kept me occupied.

I hoped that some miracle would happen and time to stop. But to my dismay time was on wings that day, it flew by. By the evening I had calculated hundreds of options to stop him or to just divert his attention. I came home by myself. I really needed a shower to calm my senses down. It was as if my heart was throbbing in my mouth. I found myself looking for something nice to wear.

"What am I thinking??Have I gone crazy? focus Nandini focus you have to try to put him off and not turn him on. You cannot dress up to invite him", I rebuked myself. I was so nervous, my palms were frozen and I could think on nothing and no one else but Manik..

When Manik came home, I was on the verge of having a nervous attack but surprisingly he behaved quite normal. I was skeptical at first but then thanked god that he might have skipped the idea or may be his memory had gone on a vacation. We talked about my first day at office over dinner. When his shoulders brushed against mine while I was in the kitchen I could feel cold shivers down my spine. But he hardly gave any reactions, his behavior though did irk me a bit but I ignored it. After we were done and were almost ready to be off to bed. He began

"So are we ready??"

"For What??", I was sitting on my corner of the bed and pretended as if I didn't have a clue of what he was talking about.

"About the privacy you needed and I was ready to give." he reminded me.

"Manik....", I was gulping air

He crawled over the bed and to reach me. It felt as if I was the rabbit and he the hungry tiger. The bed seemed too small for the chase. As he came on me I fell flat on the bed, breathing heavily as if my oxygen supply was cut short. He clutched both my hands on either sides and came so close that I could feel his breath on me. His proximity was driving me crazy by all sense of it. I knew I couldn't escape and somehow I didn't want to. I was ready for being kissed senseless and was trying to figure out the tongue movements. The last two kisses had negligible amount of contribution from my side and I didn't want to appear like a nerd. I couldn't decide if I should close my eyes or keep them open and finally closed them waiting to be crushed under the warmth of his body. But nothing happened for a while, when I opened my eyes I found him smiling at me.

"I really don't know how to control myself with you around me. I am amazed at myself how have I been able to resist you so far. Trust me I am not this patient." he chuckled at his achievement.

I was still trying to read between the lines and decipher what he was speaking.

"I know you want it but don't quite want it.. so ask..ask me..whatever you have to..any doubts any questions anything about me and I know there are lots", he told me as he got up from me and let oxygen flow into my body at a normal pace.

I composed myself a little and sat straight to face him. It was stupid but I was ready to be smeared in him. After the whole build up for the day and scaring the hell out me he wanted to talk..like really. But to look at it otherwise, it was nice, like I was discovering a new Manik every now and then and I was enjoying this expedition.

I began, "Manik before I ask I would like to tell you something about me. I have never been in a relationship before, never felt the way I do when I am around you. I am not like you, I am scared, scared of being hurt, being left alone. But these last two days of knowing you I have done things that I would never do otherwise, for anyone else. I really don't know what you feel about me but the way I have felt for you all this long, I find it growing stronger with every passing moment."

Manik had a faint smile on his face. I didn't know if it was because I almost made a fool out of myself by saying those things or he genuinely understood what I meant. Manik lied down on the pillow comfortably with his hand under his head.

"I know I can see that, you have never been in a relationship. But its okay chill, we all have our first times right. Ahhhh about me I have been in and out of them quite a number of times and honestly I have never pondered about them so deeply. I am friends with all my ex's. I have been in what 6 no 5 to be exact relationships but it's in the past and we are all cool with it. Now see Mukti, you met her na today. We have been buddies for the last 9 years and we were so close that people around us said you guys should see each other and we thought of giving it a shot. 15 days and we knew being in a relationship with each other was not our cup of tea so we went back to being friends again besides it hampered our work big time and that was something we couldn't risk."

I knew now why Mukti had that irritated look when she saw me. Manik's casual approach towards relationships scared me but I was happy that he was honest at least and from here on the decisions I take regarding being with him is solely my responsibility, I warned myself.

"But how do you do that? I mean don't you feel awkward being around people you once dated. I cannot see myself doing that. His presence anywhere around me would affect me so much."

"Well as I said I don't give it much of a thought. Besides I am straight forward. I can't hide things. If I like someone I am open about it if I don't like someone I am still open about it. Now lets talk about you only, I kissed you because I couldn't hide the urge for the same and if I am not wrong you were also ready for tonight..weren't you?, he asked in a teasing tone.

"No.. not at all", I said trying to be brave and sound less stupid.

"May be you can but I can't pretend..I am attracted to you period and I can't do anything about it. All through the day I had been thinking of having you under me but it is just now that I changed my mind. You are so delicate, so fragile, so innocent, how can I hurt you? be it anyways. I feel like taking care of you", his voice weakened as he said that.

He caressed my cheeks with his thumb so carefully as if it would leave marks on me and he paused for a bit and started again enthusiastically.

"But I don't know how can I control myself with you in front of my eyes 24*7 and that's why I have an idea."

His ideas always freak me out. I was dreading what's in his bag next.

"We should have daily doses"

"Daily doses??", I couldn't get it as usual

"Yeah the daily doses so that I don't get hyper around you."

I laughed at his antics as I figured it out. So basically he needed to kiss me as his daily doses. He was such a baby at heart when he made those demands. It was so kiddish but he actually chalked out a routine for it. Mornings I peck him on cheek or forehead (I couldn't do better than that) and nights he would kiss me sweet dreams. He had his conditions applied** too. Anytime he would feel happy or low he wanted extra doses. I couldn't believe myself what was I working on our daily kiss schedule. It was heavenly insane. For once I thought if Nani(maternal grandmother) got to know what was I up to she would have a heart attack.

"Manik, do your colleagues have any idea how crazy you really are?" I asked as I ruffled his hair and he shifted his head from the pillow to my lap.

"Nopes this part of me is only open to you"; he pulled me closer and looked at me intently.

"Enough talking for the night", he sprung up from my lap and pinned me on the bed and kissed me passionately. I opened my mouth to help him explore me and he kissed me with such intensity as if his life depended on it. He was so overpowering. I could sense that he wanted more and I didn't want to stop him. I felt his hand slid into my night suit.

"Manik", I broke the kiss and looked at him angrily

"What?? Arey i was checking if your waist is okay, you didn't let me see in office na. I have to be so careful around you; even if I hold you a little tight you get hurt."

I hit him playfully on the chest and he plunged his lips again onto mine again.

"Manik", I got irritated and pushed him away.

"The deal said one kiss at a time you can't cheat haan", I argued.

"What cheating?? This was for yesterday, I am very particular about these things you see", he defended himself with a mischievous smile.

The only way I found to punish him was to punch him in the gut, he faked annoyance for a bit and then wrapped his arms around me, I snuggled into his chest and we slept off.

***

I woke up early. We were exactly in the same position as we had slept last night; we hadn't moved an inch apart from each other. Manik hadn't still left his clutch on me. I struggled to sit straight. He looked like an adorable baby sleeping peacefully. Somehow I managed to free myself and got off the bed. It was my turn to follow the deal; I quickly pecked him on the forehead making sure not to disturb him.

I freshened up a bit and went to the office room to finish my work on the designs. Cabir had asked me to work on a few more traditional patterns. I had thought of doing it last night but with Manik around it is almost impossible to concentrate on anything else.

"Good Morning", Manik wished me rubbing his eyes.

"Good Morning, you woke up already", I wished him back with a heartfelt smile.

"Why do I find you in the office room every morning? Did you sneak out last night only?"

"No baba.. I came just now I had to work on some patterns..okay help me na ..what do you think about these?", as I showed him some.

He saw them and gave me some good feedback. Whenever it came to work Manik was very particular. I didn't quite understand the importance of the deal; it was just a wedding after all. But then Manik explained that this was big. Apparently 12 renowned fashion houses across the country battled for the project .The Dhanrajgir's had a lot of hold internationally, the wedding would be attended by important personalities from all over the world and if AURA could twist them in its favor then it had a lot of scope to bag upon.

"Manik you do one thing, you leave for office I will take some time with this, I will come by myself."

"Not needed I will send my car in two hours to pick you up."

"Manik its okay, I promise I won't get lost", I teased him.

"Sir what should I make for breakfast today", Manik's Manda Tai interrupted us.

"Ask Nandini..she will be dealing with these routines from now on", Manik tossed the ball in my court.

I blushed a little as he wanted me to handle the chores of his home as if I was his wife. I quickly instructed her for the same and also noticed that she wasn't very happy about it but she nodded and left.

"Manik, can I ask for something?, can you please ask her not to come in the evenings? I can cook for both of us.", I risked saying it even after knowing my cooking skills.

"I can already see that you both don't get along with each other. But are you sure you can manage, now that you are working, you will as such get tired and all so why take additional stress?" he said in a concerned tone.

"Manik its okay, I won't have problems, I will manage. I can't bear to deal with her twice a day."

Manik laughed at my statement and said, "Okay you can have everything the way you want". Manik moved to the side table and came back with a credit card.

"Take this, there is still time for you get your first salary."

"Manik I don't need it.. I have money"

"I know you must be having but this is in case of need...Keep it with you"; he tucked the card into my palms. "Amm did I get my morning dose today? I don't quite remember", he was back in his flirtatious mode and opened his arms and came close to me.

"That's because you were sleeping, I am done with it already", I raised both my hands to stop his arms mid way and announced in a relieving tone.

"How do I know you are not lying?", Manik cringed his brows to rag me

"I don't cheat Mr. Malhotra, I have already kissed you.", I squeaked loudly in annoyance and suddenly realized that the maid was around. I pursed my lips to hide my embarrassment and Manik cracked up at my reaction. He came closer and lightly brushed his lips on my forehead and left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 8.4K 59
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
415K 12.2K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
220K 5.8K 25
ใ€Œ๐—ฅ๐—จ๐— ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฆ ใ€ โ›in which an oblivious model stumbles upon an f1 driver during a rough night and without even knowing who he is creates...
770K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...