Excerpt 1

So firstly guys these ere not full fledged regular updates just small MaNan moments after marriage...

Life had changed and that too amazingly. It was awesome feeling to be married to the love of my life and thus the morning had to be the most beautiful morning as well.

"Manik please get up na", I had leaned on my husband and tried to wake him up. My wet hair touched his adorable face and he just smiled back.

"Good morning wifey and how is my baby this morning", he moved a bit with eyes still shut and shifted his head on my lap and nuzzled into my tummy to talk to his baby.

"Baby is fine but the Daddy is lazy..come on na get up na please it is 9 already", I ruffled his hair while he was busy kissing my tummy.

"Ek toh you didn't let me sleep in the night and now also you have to disturb me", his hands traveled around my waist touching them and tickling them.

I laughed at his touches and he got excuses to overdo it, "Acha!!! I didn't let you sleep??", I giggled more and he briskly lifted his head and swiftly rolled me over on the bed locking my hands with his on either side.He looked into my eyes, now I belonged to him rightfully and legally. He didn't have to fear anyone not that he ever did, he didn't have to answer anyone, he didn't have to find excuses to be with me.

"You look beautiful Nandini and that smile of yours I promise I will never let it fade. Hence forth all the mornings in our lives will be greeted by your smiles", he came closer and blended his lips with mine. Our kisses were one of its kinds, the need for it never lessened. His lips devoured mine with such passion that I could never stop myself from giving in.

***

We stayed back in Ahmedabad for two days before coming back to Mumbai and those two days were hilarious at least for me. It was actually funny to see Mom and Manik's equation, the Mr. Monster Malhotra was a complete fuse in front of his mother in law not because he was afraid but he really wanted to impress her. He would find moments to be helpful and come into her good books.

When we sat together for breakfast, I was trying to hide the ecstatic laugh seeing Manik struggle in Mom's presence. Probably it was difficult for him to deal with all the mothers in the world be it his or mine, the only mother he was okay being around was the mother of his baby. I saw him trying his best to help Mom while she was serving us by extending plates and passing food to others.

"You don't need to do that...sit and have your breakfast", Mom asked him to take his place beside me in a commanding tone and Manik like an obedient school boy nodded his head and grabbed the seat, I heard him heave a sigh and a chuckle escaped my lips.

"What??", he whispered with an ridiculously adorable expression. Well he didn't find it amusing that I was enjoying his misery.

"It's good to see you scared of someone", I replied as I took a small bite from the thepla on my plate. Manik grabbed my hand under the table and tried to irritate me. I gestures pleas and darted glares but he being he was having his own good time with my hand in his. I whispered him to leave my hand and behave.

"Nandini don't talk while eating", Mom poked me as she saw as passing silly looks at each other and continued serving. She placed a parantha in Manik's plate.

"No Mom not this one..Manik can't have spicy food and this mirchi ka parantha will make him shed tears instantly", I tried to serve him something else.

"I can have this Nandini...in fact I want to", he stopped my hand and said assuring tone.

"I said na you don't need to do this", I got annoyed on his silly insistence, this led onto a little debate and Mom Nanu and Varsha were mute spectators of our bickering.

"See Mom he always has to argue with me, kal bhi raat mein tumne mere saath ladai ki", I nagged like a teenager about my adamant husband.

"Yes that's because you were not sleeping only..when you need complete rest", he couldn't afford to take one more allegation that too in front of Mom, he had to prove himself as the good son in law after all.

"Oh Really!! so it was just me who was talking and you weren't doing anything na",

"What did I do??..You were going on and one... Manik lets not sleep..lets do this lets do that", Manik shrugged with bulging eyes. I tried to defend myself as he was putting the complete blame on me.

We were so engrossed in our argument that we almost forgot where we were. Manik was about to just divulge a few bedroom secrets and suddenly both of us realized that Mom Nanu, Nani and Varsha were gaping at us embarrassingly. I went red and Manik went blank and the rest burst into infectious giggles making me want to hide my face in his chest.

"You guys are really made for each other", Varsha remarked in a mocking tone and we both just manage to look at each other and smile sheepishly.

Whhhooosshhh one down next will come up in a few hours..keep ur comments and votes pouring :))