Trust, Love, and Jealousy a J...

By ChrissyDion

Zorah Reads is a big fan of Jacob Latimore. But how would she react if she met him in person. Somebody will b... More

Surprise!
Happy Birthday Zorah
A New Friend
Party! Pt 1
Party! Pt 2
If Jealousy Could Kill, She'd be Dead Now!
You Make Me Feel Good
Fire Burning
5 Months in the Making
End of the 11th Grade
Birthday in Miami, Birthdays in Atlanta, or is it Just Death Day?
Save Her!
Graduation
I'm Moving In, He's Moving Out
Sing Into The Camera
BSB
Our Big Break
Single Definition:a) song that is put out before the full album b) No Star
Thanksgiving Day= Best Day or Not
I'll Catch You When You Fall Pt.1
I'll Catch You When You Fall Pt.2
Nobody Like You
On One Knee
Face To Face With The Enemy
This Is Our Moment
The Storm Is Over

New Year, New Guy

1.5K 26 5
By ChrissyDion

Zorah's POV(First day of college)

I hurriedly grabbed my backpack as I ran to the door. I get my phone out my pocket and I look at the time 7:30. My class was at least eight minutes away, and I had to be there by seven-forty. I close my door and lock it. I hurry to Kimoni's door and knock on the door repetitively.

“Kim! Come on! We're going to be late!” I yell at the door.

“I'm coming!” she yells back.

The door quickly opens with Kim holding two sleepy toddlers in her arms. She hands me Braylin and we start to speed walk across campus. Nine minutes we made it to our first class. We enter in and take our seats in the back of the room. The bell rings as we take our seats. Our professor was about to close the door when a guy around eighteen or nineteen years old ran in.

“What is your name sir?” asked our professor.

“Jamal Porter,” says the guy. He had a sexy, deep voice that would put you in a trance.

“Give me one good reason that I never heard of about why you're late.”

“My car was having trouble. I had to get my tools and fix the problem. Sir please this is my first day; I just need this as a warning. I promise I'll be on time. I'll get on my knees and beg like James.”

“Sure you will. I don't believe you will get on your knees and beg.”

I bet the man wished he could take back his words. Jamal got on his knees and started begging; he even wrapped his arms around the man's knees. All of us started to die laughing. Man it was so funny.

“Son please get up,” said the Professor.

“So will you let me in?” asked Jamal.

“Sure just please stop.”

Jamal gets up and nods his head as a thank you. He turns towards the class and bows. We all applaud him as he runs up the stairs to the back of the room where me and Kimoni were. He sits in the open seat beside me. I look at him and he catches my eyes. We smile at each other and giggle a little.

“Great performance,” I whisper.

“Thanks,” he says whispering back.

“So was your car really having trouble?”

“Nope. I just didn't want to be tardy on the first day.”

“Oh cool.”

“So tell me why a pretty girl like you is here and not at a modeling agency?” I blush at his little remark.

“I don't know. Tell me why an actor like you isn't on Broadway?” We quietly laugh.

“Want to have lunch with me today. You seem like a cool girl.”

“Sure. I'd love too.”

“Alright cutie.” I blush AGAIN.

“Would you stop that!” I whisper yell as I playfully hit his arm.

“Stop what?” he asks playfully hitting me back.

“That charm thing you're doing.”

“Well is it working?”

“Oh shut up! Lol!”

----

I walk out the classroom tired and bored out my mind. Kimoni told me an aunt of hers, who lives down here, would be picking the kids up.

“Yeah she said she didn't know I was here. Well I'll see you later,” said Kimoni holding the full awake toddlers on her sides. As she walks off I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and I see a smiling Jamal in my face.

“Hey cutie!” he beams as I smile back at him.

“Hey!” I beam back.

“What class you going to now?” he asks putting an arm around me.

“I'm going to choir,” I say taking his arm off me as we walk.

“Same here!”

“You're doing choir?”

“Yeah. Well I'm actually playing the piano.”

“You play the piano?”

“Hey, I have so much swag that you couldn't tell I played.”

“Boy I'm singing. The band room is the other way,” I say pointing in the other direction.

“Girl I'm your piano player,” he says laughing. I laugh too.

“What?” I ask as we reach the door.

“Yeah Boo!”

“Whatever Big J!”

We enter the choir room. I take a seat on the far right and Jamal sits next to me. He scoots his chair closer to me and wraps his arm around me again.

“Can't wait for lunch,” he whispers in my ear.

“Me either 'cause you paying,” I whisper back seductively.

“I like that.” He kisses the back of my ear which sent chills down my back. Jacob never did this. What am I talking about? No boy has ever did this to me. This was so new to me. He was so original to me, and I liked it.

“Geez boy!” I yell. Everybody else looks at me funny. “Sorry.” I hang my head down and smile out of embarrassment. Jamal uses his index finger and puts it on my chin. He slowly lifts my head up and makes it face his eyes.

“What's wrong?” he asks.

“You,” I say.

“Why me?”

“It's just... I just came out of a relationship Jamal. My boyfriend would do little tricks like that. You make me think of him.”

“Well I'll make you forget about him Mami.” My God this boy! Can he be any sexier!

“Ok class pay attention!” yelled a woman's voice. We all stop what we're doing and look at her. “I am the Choir director Ms. Collins. Now I will help your voice progress. Our new piano player Jamal will be here everyday to help. So for now I'm going to help the right side of the room find their place in here.”

She walks over to where me and Jamal were. She tells all of us to come with her. We follow her to a room in the back.

“Here I will take one person at a time and hear how they sound,” said Ms. Collins. “Starting with you.” She was looking at me. I hesitantly follow her in the room. She shuts the door behind her and motions for me to take a seat.

“How well do you read notes?” she asks.

“I don't,” I reply.

“Really? You need to work on that. Now sing me a song you can do on piano.” I think of a song for a while. It then hit me.

“I'm singing Adele Someone Like You,” I say.

“Ok go ahead.”

I've heard that you've settled down

That you found a girl

And you're married now....

After I finish singing I look at her for approval. She claps her hands in approval.

“You are a star! I'm putting you on the list as a lead,” said Ms. Collins. “Good job.”She shakes my hand. I thank her and walk out.

“How was it?” asked Jamal.

“I'm on the list for lead singer,” I say smiling.

“Congrats Boo!”

“Would you stop calling me that!” We laugh as everybody else just stares at us.

-----

Lunch Time

Jamal's POV

Since all of our classes were over with in the morning, Zorah and I got Subway subs, chips, fruit and water for lunch. We decided to go the park, so we got in my silver Mustang. I drive off to the nearest park close by campus. I pull up in a free parking spot and park my car. I turn off the engine and get out the car. I jog to he other side and help Zorah out. She looked good I have to admit. She was wearing a blue, red, and yellow Superman crop shirt, red shorts, and blue vans. Her hair was in a messy bun with a red bow in the front. She looked cute and comfortable at the same time. She hands me the bag of food and she holds the drinks. She closes the door with her hip and I lock the door. We walk to a pavilion with picnic tables and sit at one. I set the food out and she sets the drinks down. We sit across from each other and start eating.

“I'm a little sloppy sometimes so don't look at me funny,” says Zorah taking a bite out of her sandwich.

“Child I don't care I grew up with three sisters,” I say taking I bite of my sandwich. I wait a moment before talking. “Me being the oldest they were the most sloppiest eaters I have met in my life.” She chuckles a little bit.

After we eat we decide to walk for a minute. We throw away our trash and start walking on the path. As we we walk we see elderly people talking, joggers everywhere, kids playing with rocks, and parents yelling at them to stop. It was actually great to find a girl I can hangout with on the first day of school. Boy was she a pretty little thing and gladly short enough for me. I love short girls!

“So where you from?” she asks me snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Born in Texas, grew up in New York,” I reply.

“Cool! I love New York!”

“Yep...so where you from?”

“The big ATL.”

“Oh really? Man me and my cuz go way back down there. He all big and famous now.”

“Oh really? What's his name?” she asks as we turn a corner.

“Jacob,” I say smiling. All of a sudden Zorah stops dead in her tracks and looks at me in shock. “What's wrong?”

“Did you say Jacob?”

“Yeah why?”

“Oh nothing. I thought you were talking about Jacob Latimore.”

“I was. Our aunt lives in Atlanta.”

“Oh ok?”

Zorah's POV

When I got back to my dorm I immediately screamed. I can't believe Jamal is his cousin! I'm going crazy! I'm just hallucinating! There's no possible way Jamal could be...There was a loud knocking on my door.

“Zorah are you ok?” asked Kimoni.

“Yeah, not really!” I yell back.

“Can I come in?!”

I run to the door and yank her in. I shut the door behind me and start pacing back and forth.

“Zorah what's wrong?” asked Kimoni taking a seat on the floor.

“You're not going to believe what I just found out!” I yell.

“What?”

“You know that boy Jamal who was in our class this morning?”

“Yeah why?”

“He's Jacob's cousin!”

“What?!”

“Yeah! If I get involved with this boy that means I could run into Jacob!”

“Calm down Zo. Just relax. If you and Jamal hook up then it won't be so bad.”

“But Kim look at what I'm talking about. If Jamal is cousins with Jacob, then he can tell Jacob that he met me, then Jacob could tell Jamal that I'm his ex! I'm having fun with Jamal but I don't want us to become more than friends for now.”

“Yeah just breath and focus on school. You'll be fine. Ok?”

“Ok.”

I take a deep breath and relax a little. I'm just over thinking things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.1K 34
•••• A beautiful girl named Kylie is catching feelings for her best friend Jacob Latimore. Will she tell him or will he figure it out? Does he feel t...
155K 4.1K 33
I'm not telling you! Read it, you wont regret it :)
18.4K 735 39
Read to find out! This is my first story so I hope you guys like it. Enjoy! Published: April 2015 Completed: December 2015
127K 2.5K 63
When teenage Jacob realizes he is in love with his best friend, Julianna, & he tries to keep it a secret. Jacob, he plays almost every sport you can...