Hey There, Delilah - A 5 Seco...

By 5SecondsOfFreedom

Things change, from when you were young. Once, Delilah Cook lived in Sydney, was best friends with a boy cal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Quick Question :)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
BONUS CHAPTER-Luke's P.O.V
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 19

68.2K 1.5K 227
By 5SecondsOfFreedom

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER!!!!!

Song does NOT belong to me; it is 'Mean' by Taylor Swift and is FULLY OWNED by her and her people

Singing on stage is incredible.

But singing on stage whilst on a sugar-from-birthday-cake and happiness high is even better.

This newfound happiness of mine gave me a confidence I didn’t know I had, and I was bouncing around the stage, probably looking more like a lunatic than a singer.

“Let’s sing one of my favourite songs!” I cheered, grinning out at the audience. “I wrote this about the people that make me angry. People that don’t listen, because you know what? You’re worth it! And you’re gonna get so much further in life than them, so there!”

This was met with frenzied cheering, so I gestured to Ollie and he obliged, strumming the tune.

“You, with your words like knives

And swords and weapons that you use against me

You have knocked me off my feet again

Got me feeling like I'm nothing

You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard

Calling me out when I'm wounded

You picking on the weaker man”

I switched to the left of the stage from the right.

“You can take me down with just one single blow

But you don't know, what you don't know...”

Back to the middle.

“Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?”

I closed my eyes as I sung the chorus, picturing the humiliation I’d felt when I’d written this supposedly lighthearted song.

“You, with your switching sides

And your wildfire lies and your humiliation

You have pointed out my flaws again

As if I don't already see them

I walk with my head down

Trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you

I just wanna feel okay again”

Tonight, I was dressed in denim shorts; a white t-shirt and a black leather vest with black military boots. I stomped them for good effect.

“I bet you got pushed around

Somebody made you cold

But the cycle ends right now

'Cause you can't lead me down that road

And you don't know, what you don't know...

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

And I can see you years from now in a bar

Talking over a football game

With that same big loud opinion

But nobody's listening

Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things

Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing

But all you are is mean”

I saw Alison watching me from the wings and I sent her a sly wink.

All you are is mean

And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life

And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean

Alison’s face dropped into a deep scowl and I regretted my actions immediately.

But someday I'll be living in a big ol' city

And all you're ever gonna be is mean, yeah

Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me

And all you're ever gonna be is mean

Why you gotta be so mean?

I allowed the final line to flow out of my mouth and then stood there, panting, the microphone clutched in my sweaty hand and just gazing out at the audience who were all going wild.

Finally, after what felt like hours, I swallowed hard, bringing the mike to my mouth with a shaky hand.

“Hey guys. Thanks for tonight.” Cheers. “I’m Delilah Cook and Brisbane, you were amazing, thank you for having me.” More cheers.

Maybe they were too excited to hear the lack of excitement in my voice. Maybe they were too far away to see my suddenly blank expression.

“And here’s who you’ve all been waiting for.” I said, my voice loud but not as upbeat as it had been the past few concerts. “Brisbane, here is 5 Seconds of Summer!”

The girls went wild as the boys ran out onto the stage. I hurriedly turned and walked into the wings, turning back only once to reassure Luke with a smile, then hurrying down into my dressing room.

As soon as I entered, I balked.

Jules, Em and Stella were all standing there in tight-fitting black or bright clothes, watching me like I was the prey they were stalking with their arms folded and amused smirks on their faces.

Then I clicked. They were wearing club clothes and they wanted me to be their project.

“No. No. No. No!” I exclaimed, backing away…but they were too quick.

I scowled as Em fixed my hair, Stella did my makeup and Jules rummaged for clothes.

They were all laughing and talking like they were having the time of their lives.

“This isn’t fun!” I protested. They just laughed.

“You’ll thank us later!” Stella promised with a giggle.

I huffed and pouted sulkily, like a two-year-old.

I watched all my friends scurry around.

Stella, who up until now I had seen as the demure and innocent one, was wearing short black shorts with gold studs and a gold peplum top, with little black wedge booties and gold tassel.

Em was wearing the shortest skirt I’d ever seen her wear (barely covering her bum!) and it was in a pale pink. Her shirt was white and flowy and her shoes were standout hot pink high chunky heels.

Jules was dressed all in black (as usual), in black leather pants showing off every perfect curve and a black lace bodice-type shirt with her black hair cascading down her back wildly. Her shoes were dangerous stilettos in neon yellow and her necklace matched.

Jules turned around with a wicked smile, holding out a tiny garment.

“No way in hell.” I said, glaring. But my protests weren’t heeded.

Furiously, I dressed. After glancing in the mirror with a sigh, I concluded it wasn’t too bad.

The dress was white but the straps were a sheer black. The shoes were high black velvet wedges with a strap across my foot. My hair had been straightened and was pulled into a carefully messy ponytail. My makeup was generally quite clean except for the smoky eye.

“Ok.” Jules said, spraying us all with her ‘Sexy Minx’ perfume. “Let’s go clubbing!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 891 14
Luke Hemmings is the famous guitarist and singer along with Calum and Michael. Ashton Irwin is a small curly haired boy who lives in his hometown Syd...
786 35 35
Young San Antonio Texas girl, (Paisley Hart) decided to go to Australia for the Summer, but ends up falling in love with punky bad boy Aussie (Luke H...
1.1K 239 27
***COMPLETE*** When 16 year old Scarlet May Taylor Clifford moves to Sydney Australia with her brother no other then the Michael Clifford. She meets...
26.1K 341 24
Luke and Maddie meet for the first time and it's instant sparks. Meanwhile Maddie agrees to go on tour with her best friend Gemma's brother for 2 mon...