Broken {house_owner fanfic}

By FennFoxx

'I'm broken. My mind is broken. I can't think straight. Nothing makes sense anymore. Why do I feel like this... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

721 23 1
By FennFoxx

~Ross's POV~

What's wrong with me? How could I do that? Why do I even try trusting myself anymore?

Yesterday, I had screamed at my landlord. I told him off, just because he asked for my monthly rent payment for my apartment.

If that wasn't enough, I threw a glass at him when he told me to calm down.

Regardless, I'm being evicted. I now have 30 days to move out.

Maybe if I had told him...no. Nobody can know about this. If they did, they would look at me like a freak. They would be afraid of me. They already have a right to be.

I wish I didn't have my outbursts. I wish I could control myself.

But I can't. And I never will.

I separated myself from everybody. I knew what I could do if I got out of control. I could easily kill somebody.

So, I left my family behind. My mother. My father. My brother. Even my pet chicken, Thundercluck.

I had also left my friends behind, Jin, Adam, and John.

I didn't want to hurt them.

It was three years ago when I discovered my unstable mind.

It happened in my Geometry class. My teacher asked me to answer a question on the board. I did what I was told.

"Wrong answer, Ross." She said.

Out of nowhere, rage filled my mind. I ended flipping desks, throwing things, and screaming random things.

I later tried to convince everyone that I was just stressed out, and that there was nothing wrong with me.

But really, I knew exactly what was happening.

I realized that there was something seriously wrong with my mind.

When I discovered that I couldn't control it, I segregated myself from everyone else.

I stayed in my room all the time. I didn't pay attention in school, because I was so busy worrying about keeping myself calm. I just barely managed to graduate.

I moved away as soon as I possibly could. All I had was the money I'd left with. I even stole some from my parents to pay for it.

And now, I would have to find a new home.

I couldn't go back to my parents. If I did, they would be dead in minutes.

What now? I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything.

I have contemplated suicide before. But I had just a sliver of hope that prevented me from finishing the job.

But I am still depressed all the time. The only times I'm not, I'm throwing things around the room and screaming at everyone.

I decided to get up off the floor I was lying down on, and try to get a job.

Hopefully, they fire me for an outburst before I end up murdering someone.

I walked out the door, putting on a fake smile.

I saw my landlord on the way. He had a bruise on his face from the glass. At least it hadn't shattered until it hit the ground.

I was pretty lucky he didn't call the police on me for assaulting him.

"Off to find a new apartment?" He said, a little bitterness still resonating in his voice.

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"Good. And try not to kill your new landlord."

I could feel rage slowly filling up in my mind.

No, Ross. You can't do this. You can't. Try...to calm...yourself...

Just as I was about to snap, he walked away. That gave me the opportunity to take my anger out on a nearby flower pot.

I threw it and hit a nearby car. The alarm went off, and I ran as fast as I could.

This job thing is going to be harder than I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 21.8K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
205K 10.6K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
426K 6.6K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
146K 2.9K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...