The Dancers Ambition {On Hold}

By courtnay_

Do you love something so much, but think you are not good enough at it. Almost like people love you, but you... More

The Dancers Ambition
**Chapter One**
**Chapter Two**
**Chapter Three**
**Chapter Five** Part 1

**Chapter Four**

70 4 0
By courtnay_

Heres chapter 4, sorry for the delay I came to a point where I deleted the chapter 2 times and started it over. I hope you like it and hope its a bit longer to make up for not updating. Thanks for everything, the 400 + reads, and all the votes. It means a lot to me. Picture of Tyler (Jake T. Austin) and the dance routine Addie will be doing in dance.If you have a dance request for after this one just tell me and Ill look it up(: vote, fan, comment! 

~Courtney

Over a week has passed since I've gotten into Branson Dance School and I only have 4 more days with Tyler, Kaden, Gabby, and sadly Derek. I actually called the school 2 times to tell them I was going to reject the school and go to my normal high school but Derek hung the phone up right before the secretary answered.

I knew he was sad, wait never mind, not sad, extremely sad. It tore my heart just watching him spend every living minute with me, but I never wanted to leave him. Everyone had helped me move into my apartment 3 blocks away from the school, making sure I had everything I needed.

Derek snored lightly as I rubbed my thumb lightly on his hand, drawing invisible shapes everywhere. We lay in my bed in the place I called home for now until I graduated at the end of the year. The walls a light purple in my bedroom, black trim and curtains making everything come together. My picture frames of me and everyone who I loved hung on the walls, making it feel like home already, and making me less homesick.

The living room was a light grey color with blue curtains making it not so dark in the room. I had family portraits hanging on the bare walls, the portraits of dad, me, Derek, my aunts and uncles with their kids and one before mom left. Looking at that picture sometimes gives me strength to one day become the best dancer and prove to her that she should have never left. Maybe her leaving was for the best, I would have never gotten this far with her here.

"What are you thinking about?" Derek said bringing me out of my dream of a perfect life and family into the real world where I only have a few people here now and soon it'll be me, I, and dancing. Not that I don't mind because I love being by myself but not when I'm 7 hours away from the people I love.

"Just about.... About everything." I sighed. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him and hugging him. He was about to kiss my forehead when his phone started blaring music, causing us to jump.

"I better take it, it's my mom," he said kissing my forehead and answering the phone. I could hear the muffled voices in the background before Derek started smiling like an idiot. Well, my cute-adorable-sexy-football loving idiot, but he's mine.

He hung the phone up after saying goodbye for the final time and come over to me, engulfing me into a hug.

"Mom said the people moved out of our house a couple hours away, meaning I can visit more!" He smiled, tears prickling his eyes.

"Yay, I'm so happy now!" I said hugging him tighter.

"This means I have to get a job, and everything but I'll do anything to be near you."

"You're so sweet!" I said kissing him and pulling out of the hug. "We need to get ready though."

"Right," he said never ever dropping the smile, but it only got bigger.

I walked to my small walk in closest and grabbed a pink skirt and a black blouse. I picked out a new bra and matching underwear and headed to the bathroom. The weather was hot out so I pulled my skirt higher to my belly button and tucked my shirt into it. I left my hair alone, letting the natural curls stay while I did my makeup. I went light today, putting mascara and blush on.

"We're going to be late if you don't hurry!" Derek shouted. I laughed and put everything back into the draw where it belongs and went to the living room.

"You're wearing that when you'll have to dance?" Derek questioned eyeing my outfit. Right, I should probably where some shorts or leggings. I turned around and scurried into my room, grabbing a pair of black leggings and purple short- shorts. Picking up a white tank I threw my other clothes off and put my new ones on. I grabbed a pair of Hollister flip flops and ran to the door where Derek was waiting patiently.

We entwined our fingers and locked the door before we went down the hallway leading to the stairs. We ran faster down the stairs to stop us from being late to open house. I jumped into the passenger’s seat as Derek copied my actions except into the drivers, starting the car and speeding down the road.

He turned onto Dancers Lane and parked in front of the place everyone would meet. I saw all the girls watching me as I got out and their eyes flickering to Derek. I watched as their lust filled eyes went into flirt mode. I got disgusted and looked at the guys over in one corner. They watched me then their eyes flickered to the car and back to me.

"Is that yours?" One of them spoke up. He had short red hair and green eyes the color of the grass. I turned and looked at my black Lamborghini. It was a present from Derek, his family, dad, and my cousins. They all chipped in but dad paid the most. I got it the day I got my licenses as congratulations.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, not knowing why they would ask that.

"I wouldn't think a girl like you would own a car like that," he snickered. "Is that your brother?" He motioned toward Derek who was in the car talking on the phone, I guess getting away from these girls.

Everyone walked off in another direction except the guys.

"Umm, no-" I said before being cut off with lips on my neck. I gasped as they pinned me against the wall and moved to my lips.

"Derek!" I screamed. He continued to talk so I screamed again. That time I got his attention. His red turned a darker color and he ended the call while storming out of the car.

"Let. Her. Go." He said between gritted teeth. Two guys got ahold of his arms stopping him from coming any closer to help me.

"Dude let your sister have some fun," one of the guys spat.

"She's not my sister, she's my girlfriend!" He said, thrashing around.

"That's even better," the guy holding me in place said.

"Hey! Let them go!" A voice boomed.

The guy holding me dropped my arms and ran, the other two following. Derek rushed over to me holding me in his arms and not letting go.

"Hey, what's your name?" Someone asked. Derek let me go and we turned around to face a blonde.

"Umm, why?" Derek pushed.

"Because I just want to know," the mysterious guy said.

"Well, I don't want to tell you bec-" I cut Derek off.

"I'm Addie, and this is Derek." I smiled politely at him.

"That's a cool name, nice to meet you both, sorry 'bout Alex. He's just my player of a brother sadly. I'm Alec." He smiled extending his hand to Derek.

"That's why you mirror his image,” Derek said as he shook Alec's hand. Alec chuckled and nodded dropping his hand back to his side.

"Well we better go; the group is touring in 5 minutes." He said, motioning his hand for us to follow him. Derek took my hand in his as we followed him to the big group of people. "There's my other brother, and sister." He said pointing to the other blonde and a red head. The girl was beautiful, and the guy was quite handsome, but there was something about all of them I couldn't put my finger on.

"We're quadruplets, but Ivy got moms hair, and we got dads." He said clearing up my questions I haven't said yet.

"Wow, that's a lot of people one stomach," the one and only Derek said. Alex laughed and nodded as we walked over to the other two people. They turned around before we got there and nodded at Alec respectfully.

"Guys this is Adeline and her boyfriend Derek," Alec told his siblings. The boy nodded, saying a silent hello while the girl gave me a glare.

"So you're the talk of the school?" She said in an ice tone.

"Umm, I don't know?" I shrugged.

"Whatever, but this will be my school and mine only," she whispered into my war before smiling at Derek.

“Well you should also know this; Derek’s my boyfriend, not yours,” I said pulling Derek closer to me. She scoffed and went to flirt with another guy as a young woman walked up to us and scanned around the students here.

“Ok everyone, I’m Mrs. Owen and I’ll be the guide to help you today,” she smiled brightly at us. She was tall and really skinny with bleach blonde hair. Her figure gave her off as a dance teacher, probably a good and fun one too. Teachers that are mean and rude make a class miserable like last year having Ms. Carom; talk about torcher.

Mrs. Owen motioned for us to follow us as she turned on her heel and started towards the big brick building ahead of us. For once I looked around and took in each building with its’ own shape. One was in a circle, another in a tall square and the one ahead of us stretched on for a while until stopping beside a tree.

Derek grabbed my hand as we all followed the people in front of us, nearing the building. Doing an open house made coming to this school so real and yet I wanted to be home with my dad and Derek. Even though he’ll be two hours away instead of seven it’s not the same. What happens if I need him then, I can’t just walk out of the house and to his. No, I’ll have to get in the car and drive two hours.

“Stop it Ads,” he whispered in my ear as we walked through the glass door that revealed a huge lobby or office.

“Ok, so here’s where everything begins. This is the office where if you’re late for whatever reason you need to check in, same if you leave early. Now please, go get your time tables for this semester. A-M goes here, N-Z there.” She said, pointing where to go. Derek led me to the place we were instructed and waited in line while the little old lady gave out the schedules.

“Adeline,” the old woman called out. I stepped forward taking the folder from her hands and nodding as I stepped back to retrieve to Derek. I opened up the black folder and scanned through everything, coming to a schedule in the back.

I hate all these classes, except dance; I love that. The block schedules different from my old school where we had 6 classes, an hour long break and 30 minute lunch. Now I only have 4 classes; Math, English, History, and PE. PE wasn’t that bad, it helps me release my stiff muscles for dance. Dance was at 5, ending at 7:30, I didn’t mind though, I liked a long dance session and I had nothing to do anyways and it’d probably go into overtime.

When the teacher called us all back over they started the real tour, around the school and anywhere they needed.

“This is room 502, the math room, check your schedules and see if you have this one, if you do go in there, if not come with me.” Mrs. Owen instructed us. Derek glanced down at the list as I held it in my hand glancing down too, seeing I indeed had this class. I took Dereks hand, walking in the door together, only not to fit.

“Ouch,” we muttered, rubbing the arm that we jammed into the door frame. “Careful sweetheart,” Derek said leaning down to kiss my temple. I smiled up to him and dropped his hand, this time walking in first then Derek coming in. I looked around the huge room and turned to look around more. This seemed more like a college than anything, the size and the vibes about the seriousness. The white brick walls would echo the sound if you yelled probably, something I know Derek was thinking of.

“Hello, I’m Mr. Cyrus, what’s your name and grade?” He asked looking up at us with a bright smile. Having a teacher who liked to have fun made everything better, even though I hated school doesn’t mean I don’t do my best to get good grades.

“Adeline, and twelfth,” I smiled. He nodded and looked down his list with his finger gliding down the smooth white paper. Finally it stopped on what I was guessing my name.

“Ah yes, Ms. Adeline, you’re a good dancer. I’ve heard a lot about you from the dance teachers. I watched the submission video also, very good if I do say so, and who’s this young man?” He questioned.

“Oh this is Derek, my boyfriend.” I said as Derek shook the teachers’ hand.

The rest of the tour went smooth and now I was getting ready to go to my first dance. I slipped on some athletic shorts over my leggings and put some UGGS on. I threw my hair up into a quick messy bun and grabbed my bag.

“Derek, I’ll see you tonight, just go ahead and go to your house. Love you,” I said kissing him and running out before I’d be late. I raced to my car, throwing my bag in the window and running to the drivers’ side plopping into the seat. I started the car and sped down the street turning into the dance part of the school.

I got out of the car and checked my phone seeing the time was only 3:30. All Jazz dancers had to come in 4 so we could do the things necessary for the next dance. As I walked to the glass doors some girl came behind me, tapping my shoulder.

“Excuse us, are you Adeline Johnson?” the taller girl asked her voice sweet but with a certain venom that could kill. I just nodded and smiled.

“I’m Chelsea and this is Charlie, he’s my twin brother.”

“Oh, well that’s cool. Does everyone here have a twin?” I asked walking into the lobby.

“Pretty much, usually their boy and girl but some don’t have a twin.”

Getting to know a little about Chelsea and Charlie as we walked in, it gave me a little reassurance knowing they’ve been here for 3 years now. The dance studio was huge, having purple and black walls. Everyone mirrored my image, only some wore different color leggings and different shirts. I wore an off the shoulder heart shirt with my usual dance leggings and shorts.

“Ok everyone, I’m Madeline, but you can call me Mrs. Maddy. For this class I usually ask the dancers to wear some kind of leggings to cover their legs and a tank top. For classes your hair can be down or up, it doesn’t matter, for performances it will usually be in a bun.” She said as she bustled around getting a stereo or C.D.

I stretched my head to my toes, making sure to stretch good knowing the consequences if I didn’t. There were about 40- 50 people in here, a lot more guys than I had expected. They were all very good looking but knowing Dereks better I dismissed the thought and crammed it into the back of my head.

There were a lot of cool people in there, the song we are doing is Feeling Good, and Chelsea is super funny. Everyone here was good at dancing, better than me even, but one girl caught my eye.

I think her name was Ivy if I remembered; she had the long red hair falling to her back with a crop off the shoulder shirt and some leggings. Her dancing was so graceful, with joy and sometimes it looked forced. Unlike my dancing, I danced with love, passion, emotions, and love for it.

My solo was coming to an end as I got back to the center of the floor. Everyone clapped as my cheeks turned from their pale color to a red because all those people just saw me do something a lot don’t. Well that would be lying, everyone back home saw me dance and I’ve gone to California to dance but got ill.

Chelsea, Amber, Nicole, and Ally went to the back of the room as the lights went down and music came on as Amber went onto stage positioning herself on the floor with her legs up to her nose and her arms touching her nose. Ally came out mimicking the same thing Amber had done and sat opposite of Amber as Nicole came out, dancing more than the others and paused with her hands in the air as if trying to touch the sky. The lights brightened when Chelsea came out not pausing and did a small solo then allowed the three other girls to get up.

They completed the dance with four opposing than the whole 50 people. We all clapped and stood to go to the chairs set up in the corner for us when Mrs. Maddy motioned for us as she held her clip board holding the positions of the dance.

“Ok, well let me start off by saying that everyone was great, even the new faces and the old ones better than last year. No, there are 6 main positions, the one who leads, and the 5 back up ones coming onto the stage preparing for the main one. Charlie, position 6, Amber, position 5, Chelsea position 4, Mac 3, Ivy 2, Addie you’re the leader.” Class dismissed, I’ll see you on Monday!”

I walked out proud that I had gotten the lead position being one of the new dancers here. I watched Ivy go with her brothers and glared at me; if looks could kill, I’d be dead. I got into my car and put my bag on the other seat and got my water out of the pocket as I started driving.

I turned into the parking lot of my apartment building and got my bag, as I walked in I watched all the people settle into the bustle of the city. I pressed the button to my floor and the elevator set off on the journey up the floors and finally stopping to my apartment. I walked out of the elevator and went to 89 and opened the door. I set my bag on the floor beside the door and went to my room to change.

I decided on a shower before going to see Derek tonight. I shaved the last strip of hair on my leg and hopped out, drying my body with the pink towel. I picked up my underwear I had laid out and slipped them on and putting on my matching strapless bra. I put on my stud top and high-low red chiffon skirt with my black belt. I slipped on my black ankle strap heels and grabbed my purse and phone. Slinging it over my shoulder I walked out and to my car starting the trek to Dereks.

I shut the car door and walked up the stairs to the front door and walking in without knocking. I saw Derek sitting in the living room, watching TV shirtless showing off his defined biceps and upper back. His hair was messy like he hadn’t brushed it after his shower. I smiled as he turned around and saw my outfit, his eyes stopping on my exposed belly.

“Why’s your belly showing for everyone to see?” he questioned as I sat down beside him. I dismissed it with a shake of my head and kissed his cheek. He didn’t want just that, he wanted more and moved me onto his lap. He kissed me softly but soon got rougher by sliding his tongue over my lip and putting his finger tips on the bottom of my skirt playing with the fabric.

My hands were pressed firmly on his chest and moving up to his head and semi wet hair, tangling my fingers into it. He about pulled my skirt down lower when there was a knock on the door breaking us apart. I got up and readjusted my skirt as he got up and flicked his hair, instantly fixing it. He walked swiftly over to the door; fists clenched as he opened it, and instantly softened seeing Kaden and Tyler.

I saw someone behind them, a blonde girl that looked like Gabby. She poked her head around Kadens figure and beamed at me with the whitest teeth. I smiled back at her and pulled my hair over on one shoulder trying to tame it some.

“Sorry man to interrupt your luckiness but we wanted to come see my Ads,” Kaden smirked knowing what he had said made Derek go into an argument in his brain whether to say something. I only know because he’s done it before, but before Derek opened my mouth I walked over and held his hand as he calmed down.

Gabby came over and hugged me first, then the other two idiots after her. I used my free hand to mess Kadens hair up as he pulled back and swatted me. I laughed and hugged Tyler, but the role switching as he messed my beautiful hair up. Derek chuckled deeply and we all went to the kitchen.

“Drinks?” Derek asked getting some beers out for us. I just shrugged and went back to the living room and sat on the love seat waiting for Derek. First Tyler came bouncing through, running to the door and then Kaden followed by Derek chasing after them. I quickly got up and followed after them watching Derek progress on his speed then stopping dead in his tracks.

“Addie, get a shirt on right now,” He yelled before taking off. I grabbed a jacket off the hook of the door and slipped off my heels. I retreated back to the porch with Gabby and watched Derek chase the other two almost getting them when they split, going different directions.

After about 5 minutes they still hadn’t come back from their, well I don’t know what to call it. I decided to take the jacket off when I got hot and slipped my shoes back on, going to look for them.

Gabby came with me as we walked down the street and turned onto the sidewalk seeing the three guys at the beach sitting down talking to three girls. They all had different colored hair, one red, one brown and the other black. My heart rate quickened as I walked faster and a little madness into my step, I neared the girls and guys.

“Derek what are you three doing?” I questioned; seriousness in my voice.

“Oh, I was talking to Ivy and her friends,”

“Ok, well why’d you run earlier?” I said moving to him and seeing Ivy standing there, the other girls each on her side. I grabbed Dereks hand gently and tugged him closer, wanting him closer.

“I’ll explain later, bye,” he said to the girls and walked away with me and then stop to only kiss me. He let out a soft moan when I ran my tongue over his lips and broke off the kiss to keep walking as Tyler and Kaden came on either side of us and walked with the same pace.

 We probably looked cool and dangerous walking like this in the middle of the street, but I couldn’t find a care in me. I had the best things in life; a loving boyfriend, my best friends and a great school to go to in the next four years. This is the best life I could live.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.5K 30
Yes we all have heard that one story about the bad boy falling in love with the good girl, But girls can be pretty bad if you tempt them. So... A...
673K 25.9K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
80.2K 971 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...