Galactic Infection

By LiamBurgess5

The spirits of the animals and the trees on planet Nibiru are beginning to fold under the immense weight of a... More

The Tree of Samsara

85 0 0
By LiamBurgess5

Rosemary's eyes lit up like two blazing green bonfires as she glanced upwards, reflecting the most dreamlike sight that she had ever witnessed in her young life. Her vision scanned ahead through the mob of thick tree trunks towards the edge of the forest and she gradually slowed her pace as she approached the sacred place. The glowing white leaves on the tree of samsara were comprised of pure unrefined starlight and they seemed to make the surrounding air bend and dance in the distance. A gentle breeze leisurely played across the wide moonlit clearing in front of her, causing the leaves to shimmer like the glassy surface of a wave at dawn. The moon shone down from high above Rosemary's head, casting its silvery streams of ghostly white light through the canopy of the old growth forest, illuminating clusters of leaf litter on the ground around where she now stood.

She had been trekking constantly for two weeks with little rest, food, or shelter and had finally reached her destination at long last. The immaculate white light that the tree was emitting casted huge monolithic shadows on the ground behind the 13 standing stones that protected and encompassed it. An ocean of lights high in the night sky above seemed to peer down and watch intently as Rosemary made the final steps of her long journey.

The thick bed of damp green moss was alive and springy beneath Rosemary's bare feet. For a moment Rosemary contemplated the significance of her role and what was happening cosmically in its entirety, or rather, what was going to begin to happen to the souls on her home planet, Nibiru, in merely a matter of days if she did not hurry, or worse, if she was intercepted. Her senses were flooded with awe and yet, within her heart she had never felt more anxious and concerned in her life.

The guardian stones had long stood in place, protecting the immense cosmic power of the tree. These crystal titans had shielded the leaves from slipping into the clutches of darkness for innumerable eons and this was the very first moment in time since their construction that an entry would be allowed by them. Her soul had been weighed on the scales of empyrean truth against the feather of cosmic purity and these archaic custodians had made their judgement.

As Rosemary stepped out of the thick forest and approached the circle, to her astonishment she could hear the gentle voices of the stone guardians faintly whispering in her mind. They were acknowledging the sacred nature of her mission!, informing her that she would not be harmed upon entering the energy matrix that was emanating from them. Rosemary approached the edge of the circle and stepped inside, passed the ring of colossal crystalline giants onto the surface of the translucent glass pond that the sacred tree was rooted in.

At the exact moment upon entering she immediately experienced a mountainously vast energy shift in her spirit and the atmosphere around her suddenly appeared to vibrate and hum. It raised her heart with a burst of exhilarating wonder and acceleration which instantly made her feel ten-thousand feet tall. Visually, this paradigm shift was one of the most tremendous things Rosemary had ever witnessed in her young life and streams of emerald auric energy were flowing and dancing all around her. She looked down below her feet through the icy surface of the bioglass and saw the living roots of the tree stretch down endlessly, deep into the infinite black void below. She walked up to the tree, and it slowly stretched, arching its branches down in order for her to reach out and take its precious gift. Upon removing her possum-fur hat, Rosemary's earthy brown corkscrew hair exploded in all directions before floating down slowly to settle on her shoulders and back. She took one single leaf and gently placed it inside her hat. Rosemary sensed the potency of the leafs light as she waved her hand above it, simply playing with its rich love-filled energy field for a moment. She folded the hat upon itself and carefully tucked it down as deep as it could possibly go, right to the bottom of her rucksack. Now that she had acquired the leaf from the tree of Samsara, the need for considerable haste was extraordinarily large. This was the most critical time period in the history of the entire galaxy. The return journey, back to the abode of Samos was to be even more precarious than it had been up until that point, especially now with the added element of the insecurity of the leaf. The fate of so much life rested in such a delicate balance that she could not afford to be delayed by any person, creature or force. The risk of being intercepted was growing steadily as more symptoms of the galactic infection manifested. Rosemary knew very well that the darkness had already begun to take its toll on many of the animals, causing them to become rabid and evil with the influence of the entity's voice in their minds. She had already seen many signs on her journey to the tree of Samsara, and the trees of the forest had communicated to her that their spirits were collapsing under the immense weight.

The hourglass was rapidly draining. Rosemary kneeled down and made a prayer of gratitude to the life force of the Tree for its irreplaceable contribution. She then stood up and made her way back across the surface of the bioglass, her mind racing and her heart heavy with the woeful burden of knowledge that a deathly storm cloud was on the horizon. A dark wave of monumental proportion was encroaching on Nibirus sector of the galaxy. This dark cloud was just the forefront of a cosmic infection that was gradually seeping down through one of the galaxies spiral arms, leaving a trail of energy enslavement and quantum destruction in its wake. This entity of ancient description was well known and feared by many wise sages and magicians of ancient Nibiru, the living planet with a crystal heart. And now, this etheric cosmic parasite was reaching its tendrils across space, highjacking the genetic control centre of every organism within its grasp. Rosemary was unaware of the origin of the dark cloud but in her heart she could feel it encroaching, affecting even a soul as old as hers.

Rosemary's mission was simply to retrieve the leaf for Samos, the great sage of ancient origin who had commissioned her to aid him in his effort to disperse the galactic infection at its source. In a past life Samos was once a high priest of the global antediluvian civilisation which had since crumbled under the weight of the deep cycles of time. And although the many temples, passage-ways, and chambers of the once majestic global city had long been over grown with the green vines of the Earth and nested by the many gloriously coloured birds of the air, there remained one pristine glimmering tower which pierced the hazey green sky high into the misty clouds. Samos had precisely timed his current incarnation with the intention of activating this planetary defense system which had been constructed in the past by members of his council to harness and amplify the most potently compact form of light energy in the entire universe, one single leaf from the tree of Samsara. This architectural device of the highest magic was designed with incredible foresight in preparation for the specific purpose of diffusing the now imminent dark plague directly at its entry point in the heart of the galaxy. Particularly psychicly gifted individuals of the antediluvian civilisation named the Nacals had accelerated their Ajna chakras to the point where they could stretch their sight far into the future. Far enough to foresee this event in enough detail and clarity to be able to construct a mechanism capable of an effective counter-strike to send it back into the abyss. The restoration of all worlds now fully submerged under the corruptive genetically-highjacking influence of the darkness now lay in Rosemary's young hands. The cosmic power of the Tree was precisely what the device was intended to be powered by from the moment of its inception.

Rosemary dived back into the forest, compelled by the weighty task that she had been destined to carry out from the day she was born. The forest floor became a fuzzy dark blur beneath the driving force of her feet as she accelerated over fallen trees and icy blue mountain streams. As she was running, the voice of Samos entered her mind with a crystal clear telepathic message, telling her that he had observed an unexpected change in the clouds rate of movement through space. He informed her that the darkness was quickening in its spread across the galaxies' spiral arm and that he had sent a giant dragonfly to locate her and bring her back to the planetary defence tower as quickly as possible. The message came to Rosemary simultaneously as a source of great relief and immense terror. The aid of the dragonfly would eliminate the possibility of interception by any creature or devious entity on the ground, ensuring the leaf would remain in safe hands, but the thought of the clouds advancing speed sent her spirit spiralling down into a paralysing sense of trepidation and worry.

Rosemary stopped and surveyed the landscape around her. She knew that she either had to find a broad clearing or find the largest tree possible in order to give the dragonfly a fighting chance of locating her in the dense forest. To the south she could just see the familiar texture of the bark of an Adansonia tree through the crowd of slender trunks. She immediately began to dart through the moonlit maze, weaving her way over to the base of the colossal tree. The gigantic roots of the Adansonia jutted out of the ground like the ridgeline of a great polished mountain range and she sped along the pale surface with ease like a frenzied tightrope walker. She hurriedly began ascending the twisting creases of the tree trunk using a chimney climb technique with the aid of her two amethyst knives. The silver blades sunk deep into the bark as she clung tightly to them and negotiated one small movement after another, gradually making progress up the trunk of the monstrously gigantic tree.

Before too long she found herself emerging from the canopy of the surrounding forest into the star filled night air with a significant part of the tree still yet to climb. Eventually, when she got to the top, she could hear the low hum of the dragonflies' heavy, rapidly beating wings approaching in the distance. The sound steadily amplified until there was a wild windstorm of flying leaves and wildly dancing branches all around the open platform at the top of the tree. The dragonfly hovered momentarily before ceasing its wings and dropping its weight evenly onto its six slender black legs. It then lowered its long tail until the tip was about one foot off of the surface of the tree allowing Rosemary to climb up to sit at the join of its thorax and its head. A thousand neon hazel reflections glanced back anxiously at Rosemary from the two multi-segmented spherical geodesic domes that were the Dragonflies eyes. Rosemary stretched her vision through the fiery glare of the setting sun, locking her blazing red bonfire eyes on the needle-like tower which reached out to touch the newly emerging stars far across the expansive sky into which the dragonfly suddenly launched.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 1.2K 190
Author:Peach blossoms for wine 13 Category: Danmei Zombies are rampant, and Ye Qingrang relies on a broken jade sachet and wood powers to move fo...
85.5K 3.9K 71
"Just because we win the war doesn't mean we don't lose everything in the process." - Joey Magnom --------- Practically everyone dreams of having sup...
616 85 1
Season 1 of Between the Crystals coming summer 2024. Add this to your library and get notified when it's available for you to read. Summary: Run. Don...
19.1K 190 36
"Jeremy was once a successful man with a promising career, a lovely girlfriend, friends galore, and everything that he could ever desire in the world...