Mutant is the new normal (boy...

By Dalton159

Shawn has had an....interesting life. He has powers that he doesn't understand. When he turned 13 years old h... More

Why am I not surprised(Chapter 1)
A single white Rose(Chapter 2)
Chicken nuggets and fries (Chapter 3)
I missed you (Chapter 4)
What's up sexy? (Chapter 5)
The sticky notes (Chapter 6)
Is it a date? (Chapter 7)
Ready? (Chapter 8)
Angel (Chapter 9)
Taywor (Chapter 10)
Water Condoms (Chapter 11)
So does Taylor (Chapter 12)
You are now Shawn Mendes (Chapter 13)
My American asshole (Chapter 15)
Favors (Chapter 16)
News (Chapter 17)
Hopefully it will last (Chapter 18)
It's okay (Chapter 19)
A Funny Weird (Chapter 20)
Last Chapter (Chapter 21)
Super power list
New book
Sequel is out

What kind of complications (Chapter 14)

2.4K 137 8
By Dalton159

Taylor p.o.v.

When we got to the institute the professor had everything ready and had all the students either leave or go to sleep. She didn't want Shawn to wander off and find somebody using their powers. I don't get why though, because he seemed pretty okay with Matt and the others being mutants.

Right now we are waiting outside the lab for the surgery to be over. Brent was losing a lot of blood, but other than that he was fine. Andrea would've called her friends, but they didn't have their cell phones. Sammy broke his and Dillion left his at the house. They wouldn't go home either, because it's on the other side of town, and it would take them too long.

"Taylor can we talk in private," Shawn ask.

"Yeah sure," I say while motioning him to follow me. We walk quietly to the sunroom and I close the door. When I turn the first thing he says is, "You know." Know? Know about what?

"What," I ask.

"You know about mutants don't you? I saw the way you reacted. You looked too calmed for somebody who just found out that people have super powers."

I'm about to argue when I see Shawn give me the look. "Yes," I sigh out. "Carter and the Dolan twins are mutants too. When I got here I found out," I half lie.

I don't want Shawn to tell the others about the guys and me being mutants, so I just tell him the people that Matt knows are mutants. It's not like I don't trust Shawn with my secret its just that I don't want him to hate me. Unlike Matt I have abused my powers. I used my affection mutation to become popular in middle school. I stopped using it though when I realized my "friends" were only using me. I was still somewhat popular though, because in high school I got tattoos and got into a couple of fights. I was labeled as the Badboy.

"Taylor what if I--," Shawn gets cut off by a knock on the door that leads to the outside. We both frown. Who would be here in the middle of the night?

I motion Shawn to stay back as I walk to the door. I slowly open the door as I get ready to throw whoever is out there into the air if they try something. When it's open I see a guy with brown hair and brown eyes. He's wearing a beanie, tank top and some shorts. It's not really cold, but it is a little chilly and the guy seems to not be affected.

"Is Ms. Reyes here," the guy asks kind of looking panicked.

"Yeah. Are you okay man," I asks.

"Get me Ms. Reyes I need her right now."

"Okay come on in." I grab He walks in and I grab Shawn. I don't want a total stranger around him. If he was going to steal something or wanted hurt us the sensors would detect him.

3rd p.o.v.

Kyra walks into the sunroom and shuts the doors behind her. "What do you want Jc," she asks. Jc looked at her and said, "I saw H-Heather." Kyra eyes go wide.

"Jc she's dead we both saw her fall," Kyra says sternly.

"We never saw her body land and we never found her body."

"Nobody could have survived. Plus the explosion would have destroyed her anyway."

"Kyra it was her and...she was with Lance," Jc says hesitantly. Kyra couldn't believe this. Two people from her past that were supposedly dead working together especially since they were enemies. "I saw them. I couldn't recognize them at first, but it was them. Lance is posing as a police officer."

"How do you know he's a cop?"

"I followed the police back to the station to see if they caught anybody from my gang. When I walked in I saw a gothic looking girl and a cop talking. I didn't think anything of it till I heard them mention your name. That's when I payed more attention and recognized them," he tells her.

She sighs and shakes her head. How can this be, she asks herself. Lance and Heather hated each other and almost killed each other back then, so why are they working together? Why haven't they contacted her? Where have they been these last eight years?

"Jc do you still have that ring Heather gave you," she asks the younger boy. He nods his head. "Why?"

"I will need it for something. I will also need your help," she tells him.

"Fine, but I need to find my friends first. Lance is dangerous and now he's more dangerous as a cop."

"I know. I will help you," she says as she walks to the door. "Oh there might be some complications when you help me?"

"What kind of complications?"

Shawn p.o.v.

When Andrea saw Jc she went ballistic. She blamed him and his gang for getting Brent hurt and possibly separating their family. Jc just rolled his eyes as Kian tried to hold her back. When Ms. Reyes explained he could help she calmed down a bit.

"'Okay, so what are we doing here," Taylor asks. We were right now in Brent's room as he lay on his bed. He didn't look that bad, but he didn't look great either. He was still weak after the surgery.

"Jc will help," is all Ms. Reyes says. Jc walks over to Brent and looks over to Andrea when he is about to touch him. She nods giving him permission. Jc touches him and Brent immediately gets up. "Wow I feel amazing," he says, but as soon he gets up he falls back down and looks weak again.

"You idiot. Give me your hand," Jc says. Brent listens and gives him his hand. He looks better again, but doesn't let go this time.

"What's going on," Andrea says sounding annoyed.

"His power makes me feel better, but only if I'm touching him," Brent explains. "I can also boost other people's powers too," Jc adds.

"How will this help us find your friends," I ask.

"Brent's power's allow him not to tell just where humans and mutants are, but he can also track them. All he needs though is something of the person and he can usually find them," Andrea tells me.

"Me first," Jc says handing him a sharpie. "This is Luke's. Now find him."

Brent snorts and looks at him. "Well first I need something at least somewhat important to the person and second I need a map." "It is really important to Luke. He loves to draw. This was one of his favorite sharpies," Jc tells him."Luke was the only one tolerable out of all you," I hear Andrea mumble. 

"Why do you go first anyways? Can't you just call your friends or go home," Kian asks

"We only have three cells phones in our group, because they're expensive as fuck. Anyway Sam has one, but like always he wasted the battery playing Angry candy or something, I have another, and Luke left his in the car which I locked and I have the keys. And we can't go home, because we got evicted last week," Jc says.

"Oh," is all Kian said.

"Yeah "oh" and now somebody hand me a fuckin map."

"Here," Taylor says giving them the city map. Brent unfolds the map and places it down. He then takes off the crystal necklace he's wearing and ties the top of the sharpie. He then starts to spin the crystal and we wait. Brent closes his eyes and seems really focus.

"Doesn't it feel weird to hold your enemies hand," Matt asks Jc

"Not really. I don't feel anything," Jc answers.

"Oh that's so cool. So you can't feel pain and stuff?"

"Yeah," Jc says sadly. "But I also can't feel a kiss or the softness of a blanket. It's a gift and curse I guess."

"I'm sorry," Matt apologizes.

"It's fine dude. I've lived with it since I was 14." When he finishes saying that the crystal drops. We all look at the map to see what it says.

"He's at...an alley on 6th street," Brent says looking at the map.

"Okay I will go get them," Jc says, but before he could stand up Brent pulls him back down. "If you leave I will get weak and can't find the others dumbass."

"Then who's going? I'm not going and neither is Andrea. If they see us they will attack," Kian says

"I'll go," I say.

"No you're not. What if they attack you?" Taylor argues

"Taylor I will be okay. I have Matt with me. If anything happens I have him," I say. What I'm not telling him is I'm also getting Cam and JJ to come with me.

"I'm not letting you two go alone. I'm coming too." I can't have him go. If he does then I can't use my powers without exposing myself.

"No," I tell him. "If anything happens then I will call you okay," I assure.

"Shawn wha--," Matt cuts him off. "Taylor I promise that I will protect him. If anything happens I will get him out as soon as I can. I promise." Taylor bites his lip thinking about it. He sighs and says, "fine, but first," he leans down and kisses me and I kiss him back.

"I told you they were together," Brent whispers. I immediately pull back and shake my head. "We are not together. Taylor just likes to frustrates me," I say quickly trying to hold back my blush.

"Mhm," is the only things Brent does. "Then why did you kiss back," Taylor whispers giving me that annoying smirk.

"Anyway we need to go. See you later," I say grabbing Matt's hand and dragging him out.

Cam p.o.v.

"Okay...yeah...I got it 6th street. See you guys in a sec," I say hanging up on Shawn.

"I got the car keys," JJ says walking outside. I shake my head at him. "The car will take too long. Jump on my back," I say.

"Why," he asks as jumps on me and warps his hands around my neck and legs around my waist. "Just hold on tight," is all I say before I run super speed. As I ran I heard JJ screaming. It's not everyday you go the speed of light. When I stop I put him down and he is shaking. "I forgot you had super speed," he say. I chuckle a little.

"Cam," I hear somebody yell from behind. I look over and see Shawn and Matt running towards us. "Hey guys," I greet.

"Hey," they say.

"So where is this guy," JJ asks. Shawn points to the alleyway and walks towards it and the rest of us follow. The city lights were all on and there were a couple of people out. Most shops and stuff close later during the weekend. The alley was so dark you couldn't see 3ft in.

"Is anybody there," Matt shouts. There was no noise and Shawn rolls his eyes. "Why would they answer? We are a couple of stra--," flames suddenly appear from the ground. Shawn screams and jumps back. Matt raises his hand and throws ice to the flame, but nothing happened. The fire was still there and felt just as hot. Instead it froze the surrounding area.

"What the hell," Matt asks himself.

"Leave now," said a voice.

"Hello. Are you Luke," Shawn asks.

"Leave now," the voice said again.

"Please. Jc sent us." When Shawn said that the flame disappeared. It started to get cold because of Matt's ice. The darkness started to disappear too. There were two guys standing there once the shadow was gone. One had blonde hair and blue eyes and was wearing a leather jacket too big for him, white skinnies, and a blue v-neck. He was hiding behind another guy with dark blonde hair with hazel eyes and is wearing a grey pony express shirt, black jeans, and a black bandanna.

"Why didn't he come here himself," the bandanna guy asks.

"He's helping to find the others. He sent us instead," Shawn says.

"Where is he?"

"He's at the institute. Do you know where that is?"

"Yeah," the guys says suspiciously.

"Come with us and we will bring you to him." The guy turns to the guy behind me and whispers something to him. The other guy nods his head. The bandanna guy grabs the blonde's hand and they walk to us.

"You better not cross us," he says.

Shawn nods his head. "I won't I promise. I'm Shawn by the way."

"I'm Ashton and this is Luke," the bandanna guy says. The other guy Luke waves shyly at us.

"I'm Cam," I say. "Matt." "Jack but I go by JJ." The others say.

Then from behind we hear a girl say, "Heather." We all turn and see a gothic girl looking at us standing next to a police officer. "I'm Lance," the police says.

"It's nice to meet you," Heather says.

-----------

I hope you liked it. Please comment, vote, follow, and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 3.7K 119
basically all in the title !!! {completed}
259K 5.7K 69
Molly is bullied by 6 guys. They've bullied her for 3 years. She's never ever told anyone not even her sister Steph. One day Molly is asked to join...
277K 4.6K 45
"What the hell is a Magcon?"
1.3K 40 27
What happens when a girl meets the Magcon Boys and falls for Nash and Cameron? Will she treat them the same as her dad? Or will she change? Will she...