Burning Love

Από silver_moonlight

It has been a year since the seven of the prophecy defeated Gaea. Now, they are relaxing and enjoying their l... Περισσότερα

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 3

592 12 2
Από silver_moonlight

Dianne waved her hand in front of my face.

I blinked.

"Sorry Dianne," I said. "Just had a bit of a flashback."

"Yeah, yeah," she said. "You just stared at the wall for like a minute, I was worried. Anyway, let's go back to Paul. He's probably done by now."

Dianne and I went back just in time for Paul to finish drinking his coffee.

Wow, he's fast at checking papers and drinking coffee.

Paul was looking at me strangely. Was it my hair? I ran my fingers through my hair. Was there something on my face?

"No, there's nothing on your face," Paul suddenly said. I probably said my thoughts out loud.

"Then why are you staring at me strangely?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Look at your test," he simply said.

Well, I think I had a zero as usual, but that isn't that strange, right? It's the usual! And I didn't even study!

I sat down the chair to look at my paper.

I was surprised when the result was the exact opposite of what I expected. I got 6/6! 100%! Perfect!

"Paul, perhaps you had a wrong in checking," I said. Me having a perfect score, especially that I didn't study, is out of the world! It is even out of the universe!

"You seem to be good at Literature, especially that you didn't study," he said. "You're a natural!"

Mostly, teachers call students who didn't study yet got a perfect score, cheaters. But, Paul knew me so well, I wouldn't cheat for the world.

I looked at Dianne's paper, she also got a perfect score, the usual.

I shrugged. "Dianne got a perfect score because she studied. I got a perfect score because of luck. I'm a lucky natural! Which reminds me, I'm wearing my lucky charm!"

I brought out my caduceus necklace, the same one Mercury got me. It really did gave me luck.

"A caduceus, symbol of the messenger god," said Paul.

I looked at him strangely remembering that Mercury, the one who gave it to me, was a messenger, a mailman to be exact. Could he be a god? No, THAT was also out of the universe, or is it?

"Look, your Mom told me not to teach you mythology, but only this time I will," said Paul. 

"You could at least know about the gods and goddesses."

Dianne nodded, she was obviously interested. I nodded, I just want to go with the flow. Besides, it could be interesting.

"Okay, let's get started with Greek and Roman Mythology!" Paul stated.

"There are plenty of gods and goddesses in Greek and Roman Mythology. Greek and Roman gods and goddesses are almost the same. They just change appearance and their names."

"First, there is Zeus, the ruler of Olympus, the god of skies and lightning. Zeus is Greek, his Roman form is Jupiter. Symbol is lightning and eagle."

I raised my arm on this one. I don't why but I was suddenly interested. "What is Olympus?" I asked.

"Good question," Paul said. "It is the place where the gods and goddesses live. Now may I continue?"

I nodded.

"Next is Hera, goddess of marriage. She is Zeus' wife and sister. Her Roman form is Juno. She was the one who made the peacock, therefore it is her symbol."

"Next is Poseidon, god of the seas. He is Zeus' brother. His Roman form is Neptune. His symbol is his trident."

"Next is Hades, ruler of the Underworld, where our souls will go when we die. He is the god of death and brother of Zeus and Poseidon. His Roman form is Pluto. Main Symbol is his helm of darkness."

"Next is Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. She is the daughter of Zeus and she invented the olive. Her Roman form is Minerva. Her symbol is an Owl."

"Next is Artemis, goddess of the moon and hunt. She is the daughter of Zeus. Her Roman form is Diana and her symbol is the moon and wolf/deer."

"Her Roman form is close to my name!" cried Dianne. And as she said so, I've noticed.

Paul nodded. "I agree. Now let's go on."

"Next is Apollo, god of the sun, music, and poetry. He is the twin sister of Artemis. His symbol is the sun and lyre. Roman form is still Apollo."

I looked at Dianne and she seemed curious and interested in Apollo. Maybe it's because she is like him, good at poetry and music. Hmmmm...

"Next, we have Dionysus, god of wine. His Roman form is Bacchus. His symbol is a cluster of grapes."

"Next is Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty. Her Roman form is Venus. She is married to Hephaestus yet likes Ares. We'll discuss those 2 gods as we go on. Her symbol is the dove."

"Hephaestus is the god of blacksmiths and fire. Therefore, he is good in any mechanism and stuff. He is married to Aphrodite, as I said before. His Roman form is Vulcan. His symbol is fire and axes."

"Ares is the god of war. His Roman form is Mars. I am not that familiar yet with his symbol, but I'll do some research later."

"Demeter is the goddess of the harvest. Her Roman form is Ceres. Her symbol is wheat."

"Next, we've got Hermes the god of thieves and travelers, and he is also the messenger of the gods. His symbol is the caduceus."

"There are plenty of other gods and goddesses but they are so plenty that we're never going to finish all today."

I nodded but then noticed something. "What's his Roman form?" I asked.

"Whose Roman form?" asked Paul.

"Hermes. You didn't say it."

"Sorry. It is Mercury. Mercury is his Roman form."

Wow! What a wonderful coincidence! Mercury's mother must've known about the gods and named his son after him. And sooner, Mercury decided to become a mailman. Wow!

Dianne suddenly raised her hand. "Do all gods and goddesses have both Roman and Greek forms?" she asked.

"Good question," Paul asked. "No, not all. MOST of them have both forms, but for some, they are either fully Greek or fully Roman."

I suddenly felt a sudden interest in mythology, for a reason that I don't know.

"You know what," began Paul.

"Do not tell your Mom, but I'll give you 2 textbooks tomorrow about Greek and Roman Mythology," he said in a whisper. "Also, do not tell her that I gave you lessons about mythology today, clear?"

Me and Dianne nodded.

"Now, let us go to Algebra," Paul said with a wide smile.

Dianne and I groaned at the same time. Both of us hate Algebra.

The rest of the day went by, Paul discussing Algebra, Science, English, and a whole lot of subjects that I am not interested in.

I can't get my mind off on what Dianne and I planned on doing after Paul leaves. Oh, I do hope Mom doesn't catch us.

I am really looking forward on sneaking out, especially with Dianne.

"Okay, so, prepare tomorrow for a short quiz about the Pythagorean Theorem," said Paul before leaving. "And don't tell your Mom that I taught you Mythology. Bye Frances and Dianne!"

Before we could say "Bye" back, Paul closed the door leaving me and Dianne all alone, and ready for sneaking out.

Dianne opened the door and checked out if Paul was still out there, and she said there was no one, so we got ready.

"Frances, do you still have those wigs, you pranked Clarisse with once?" asked Dianne.

Clarisse was our friend when we were really young. But then after a while, we never saw her again. Probably, she transferred or something. She also has dyslexia and ADHD like me.

I nodded.

"Well, get it!" she said. "We need it as a disguise. And also let's change our clothes and put on make-up."

Wow! Dianne really DID plan this.

I went to my room and opened my red cabinet.

Lo and Behold, plenty of different-styled wigs!

"Dianne, what wig shall I take?" I asked loudly so she would hear me.

"The straight black one with pink highlights for me," she said. "And the straight blonde one with blue highlights for you. I'll pick an outfit for both of us."

I quickly got those wigs and went to Dianne's room.

Dianne was now wearing a white Hello Kitty t-shirt and a brown jacket with brown jeans and sneakers. She was also wearing a necklace with a pendant of a musical note.

On the bed was my "outfit." A dark blue tank top, a red scarf, white jeans, blue black sandals and a dark blue bracelet.

I handed Dianne her wig, and she looked pretty different, in a good way.

I went to her bathroom to put on my outfit and wig, and I also looked really different.

After I was done, Dianne was finished with her make-up and was about to do mine.

I didn't agree on her to put much make-up on me, just concealer, masscara, a light blush, and lip gloss.

"Ready?" Dianne asked.

"I should be the one asking you that," I replied.

"Well, I am not, but, it's okay with me," she said. This was her first time to sneak out, while this was my second.

"Okay," I said. "Sisters together."

"Sisters forever," Dianne said as she held onto my hand.

And together, without anymore hesitation, we sprinted towards the door and was finally out of the apartment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N

This chapter's a bit short, but next chapter's gonna be longer, I assure you.

So, Paul only taught them the basics in Mythology. Yehey! At least they now know something about Mythology...

They are also preparing to sneak out - with DISGUISES! Well, Dianne DID plan it.

BTW: Dianne's photo collage on the side! :)

Anyway, the usual: Vote if you want to... Comment what you think... Fan for updates... and blah blah blah! 

Read and Rock on!

Lea V.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

19.5K 360 48
Book Two Percy Jackson is missing, and Y/n, his half sister, will do anything it takes to get him back, including going on a crazy quest with a proph...
69.6K 1.6K 21
Dawn Thompson was like any other fifteen year old girl. She crushed on boys way out of her league, she hung out with her friends at the weekends and...
11.7K 197 17
Follow your story with Leo Valdez as your love interest. You will be playing a girl who's godly parent is Hebe. I hope that is okay with everyone. Th...
3.1K 83 60
Twelve years after the war against Gaia, the Seven of the Prophecy and their friends settled down, studied, took on new jobs and started families. Ho...