Cold Blood (Completed)

By nerdinspects

Part 1: Replaced by the Alpha Mate (Completed) Sera was not rejected by her mate, Daniel but he replaced her... More

Book One
One- Unaccepted by the Mate
Two- Replaced by the Mate
Three- Meeting the Stranger
Four- The Strange Rogue
Five- Return of the Mate
Six- Rejecting the Rejection
Seven- Talking to Brother
Eight- Manny the Mate
Nine- Alpha is Sneaking
Ten- The New Alpha
Eleven- Rogue Attack
Twelve- Jealous Alpha
Thirteen- Wilson Carter
Fourteen - Revenge Plan
Fifteen- Traitor
Sixteen - Finding Mate
Seventeen - Deal to Fight
Eighteen - Deal of Mate
Nineteen - Strange Alpha
Twenty - The Fight
Twenty One - Suspicion
Twenty Two - Harsh Words
Twenty Three - Sleep
Twenty four- To Admit
Twenty Five - Danger
Twenty six- Fear
Twenty Seven - Miles
Twenty Eight- Saving the Mate
Thirty- True Colours of Alpha's mate
Thirty One - Unexpected
Thirty Two- Alpha
Thirty Three - Plans
Thirty Four- Chance
Thirty Five- Daddy Dearest
Thirty Six - Mate
Thirty seven- Apology
Thirty Eight- More Triators
Thirty Nine- Almost Caught
Forty- Mistakes and Regrets
Forty One- Crazy Old Man
Forty Two- More Secrets Revealed
Forty Three- Saving Mate
Chapter Forty Four - Accepting the Fate
Epilogue
Book Two- Targeted by the Blood Devil
One- History repeats itself
Two- Old Friends
Three- In the College
Five- The Ball of Light
Six- Drunk
Seven- Drink
Eight - Cat's Prey
Nine - Royal Blood
Ten- Seven Months
Eleven- Home Sweet Home
Twelve- Inside
Thirteen
Fourteen - Hello Mate
Fifteen - Waking Up
Sixteen - Search again
Seventeen - Blue Moon
Eighteen - Mated
Nineteen - Unfaithful
Twenty - Run Away
Twenty One - Destiny
Twenty Two - Cell
Twenty Three - Just Great
Twenty Four - Old Mate
Twenty Five - Secrets
Twenty Six - Ex Mate vs Mate
Twenty Seven - Blood Devil
Twenty Eight - Reveal
Twenty Nine - Truth
Thirty - Escape
Thirty One - Once Again
Thirty Two - Caught
Thirty Three - Lost Hope
Thirty Four - New Game
Thirty Five - Pack Business
Thirty Six - His Mate
Thirty Seven - No Regrets
Thirty Eight - Happy Endings
Thirty Nine - The Ceremony
Forty - Climax
Forty One - The End

Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates

32.4K 885 60
By nerdinspects

I dedicate this chapter to my two new followers- aquizy and weloveourselves. At the side are the characters of my story. I didn't think about them while writing, except for Sera. For those who would like to see pic of these characters, it was all it could think about. >>>

Chapter Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates

Sera's P.O.V.

Daniel breathed slowly resting his head on my shoulder while I was on high alert. We encountered rogues not so long ago. There are great possibilities that they are lurking in dark shadows of these secluded forest.

If it wasn't for Daniel, I could have found out Dave by now. Not that I blame him. It was the first time when he saved someone, saved me. I didn't need that. I was not the damsel in distress but I'm glad he finally realizes what his duties are. I can feel it. I can see inside his mind. He wants to improve now that he knows how it feels to have someone you love in trouble.

Initially I had thought to let those rogues take me to their den, possibly Dave. When Daniel had pounced on them, I wanted to shout at him but restrained the urge. If Daniel was going to change, I could let it postpone a little bit. But I can't wait longer.

We are attacked once, we can be attacked twice. But I don't want Daniel to be in trouble. Also, I can't leave him here. Pulling out my phone, I dialed Wilson asking him to get us and also bring clothes for Daniel. I could hear uncertainty in his voice but he agreed.

I hoped Manny was fine. I don't feel good by landing her in that condition. I know that sedative was not bad for her health. She didn't even get a chance to voice her thoughts of disappearance of Dave. She is his mate and she would know better. Only if she was not carrying another life inside her. I can't risk her and Dave's child.

My phone rang and I immediately thought it was Wilson.

"Hey," he said a little excitedly. It is nearly impossible for him to reach here that fast because I called him like two minutes ago. But I wanted to get out of here.

"Should I take your excitement as success of your mission?" the cold voice said from other side of line and my mood faltered.

Vladimir

"Uh," was all I could mutter cursing myself mentally. Boy I'm in trouble. I had completely forgotten why I was here, the main reason as they thought.

"I don't think so. Have you gained any success so far? Or should we escort you back and then burn you alive for your failure?"

Come on man

"No I think I've found someone who can give me more information about it." I bit my lower lip as my brain worked on different scenarios.

"And can I ask you who are that and what have you been doing there for a month now?" He asked sounding impatient.

"Oh! I think the previous Alpha of this pack knows. I've met a man who can help me with this case. And I was trying to extract information from present Alpha but got nothing." I shrugged keeping my face neutral even though he was not in front of me.

"I expect you to return with complete information since you are taking so much time. Should I send someone to help you?" He asked.

My mouth opened to deny but I stopped. I can't let him detect panic in my voice. "I don't think it's necessary. The previous Alpha will be back in a month. I'm trying other sources at this moment. I hope to find out something really fast. You don't have to send anyone for help." I replied in a calm voice.

"Very well then. I will call you in a month then." He hung up and I let out a sigh of relief.

Daniel's P.O.V.

I woke up to someone shaking my arm and groaned feeling pain erupting from my shoulder.

"Oh My God! He's up." Someone shouted in high pitched voice switching on my headache.

What the...

I slowly blinked my eyes to adjust them according to brightness of room. A hand gripped my arm jamming my blood supply. Sharp nails dug into my skin.

My eyes opened to face white ceiling.

"Daniel," I voice said and I looked down to find Shea smiling at me. I tried to pull my lips to form a smile but couldn't do that. I stared at her blankly trying to remember what happened.

Dave-Miles-Car-Rogue-Sera

Sera

I shot up sitting erect with a slight pain on my shoulder. It didn't feel like that of previous pain.

"Oh Daniel," Shea said and the next instant her lips were on mine. The moment her lips met mine, my memory went back to when Sera's soft cold lips were on mine.

I pushed Shea away as Sera's face come into my view. She was leaning against wall, her one foot flat against vertical surface and arms folded on chest. She didn't say anything and had a calm look on her face. She was observing us with cold eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked feeling concerned for her. I hadn't thought about her injuries if she sustained any.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smirked at me and then her gaze went to Shea who was glaring at Sera.

I didn't know what to do. I felt terrible acting like that to Shea. She was my mate, I couldn't do that to her. I was the one who marked her. I was the one to ask her to be my girlfriend at first place. I was the one to take her virginity. I can't brush her aside just like that.

Sera's eyes snapped to mine with a cold look in them.

'And you will never take my virginity.' I heard her voice in my head but she didn't say anything. Her lips were sealed in a tight line.

I was surprised. It felt as if she had spoken for real. Maybe it was my conscience speaking.

There is no doubt I don't deserve anything from Sera. But I can't help it. Whenever she is near me, I just forget about everything. I forget about Shea so easily.

"Daniel tomorrow is your birthday. Summon pack members for the oath. To renew the pack bond." Shea said. Her eyes were on Sera instead who returned the cold glare from one of her own cold gaze.

It's a ritual for every Alpha. On the birthday, Alpha has to renew the pack bond by taking an oath. It makes the pack stronger. I had forgotten that tomorrow is my birthday.

And the day when I committed the biggest mistake of my life.

My eyes hesitantly traveled to Sera as I felt her eyes burning hole at top of my head. I had expected her to give me her similar cold gaze but instead of that, she had a smile on her face, a sad smile that made my heart constrict.

She sighed and turned around to leave. I wanted to know what she was thinking. That look, what did that mean?

**** **** ***

Will you please check out my other story- 'The Best Friend of my Crush'.

Just a random question- Why do you like this story or why do you read it?

Please vote, comment and share.

-nerdinspects

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
452K 13.9K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
928 33 8
Vampires and werewolves have been blood enemies for centuries, but now a new threat is rising...demons are escaping from hell and those demons are in...
88.3K 7K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...